• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Michaela's tribal council reactions are now her trademark.

No no, no spoilers, I just assume not EVERYONE there is so so stupid that they'd let her even make it to the merge, but...here we are lol. I dread every week tho and I just hope it's not soon ��

Then again, "I don't know about thaaaaat..."

Sandra2.gif
Getting to the merge would have to be a major victory for Sandra. I mean, at that point she is not a challenge threat, a tribe liability or a threat to win the game (due to not having another former winner or a scoundrel like Russell to go up against). She could make a really deep run and further solidify her legacy.

But she has to GET to the merge first. I would have thought surviving 4 tribal councils without a vote would be enough for that. Most players usually just need to survive 2-3 and will usually do so with getting some votes cast against them in the process. Most of the Tavua tribe haven't been to a single one yet.

Another tribal shakeup could prove problematic on that front. Especially if Sandra is no longer paired up with allies like Michaela, Varner, Troyzan or Hali. Aubry clearly isn't Team Sandra.

UberTag

Isn't she the only previous winner left in the game?

She's already won.
She was actively instrumental in snuffing the torches of those two previous winners as well... although I'm still more impressed by Sandra surviving 4 separate tribal councils without incurring a vote even from the winners she helped boot off the island. That said, I don't believe Sandra has fulfilled all of her objectives for this Survivor stint just yet.

Good god JT looks really bad for ever coming back to the game. Two horrible times playing both involving idols. Dude got playyyyyyyyyyyyed.

This season is really making me come around on Sandra. The attitude really doesn't sit well with me, but I feel she's done more this season then either of her last seasons combined.

Debbie went full psycho tonight, I literally don't even understand.

TimeKillr

This is the genius of Sandra's cloaking device: she's able, every week, to trigger something that puts someone ELSE in the spotlight. That's basically all she does - she puts the focus on one or two other people, and the entire thing becomes about those people instead of her.

She's just super crafty and really good about it, though. I'm not sure if her saying she's the one who took all the sugar was a good idea, though, because what it ends up doing is possibly screwing her in the long run. I have a feeling that someone like Aubry is going to tell others that she's constantly lying so they'll get fed up of her controlling shit and vote her off.

Debbie went full psycho tonight, I literally don't even understand.

Debbie went Trump mode. She turned the problem from her mistakes into her attitude, started needlessly tooting her own horn, and then did just enough to attack someone else that it became "Debbie vs someone" instead of "Debbie f'd up".

It's textbook, really. And also insane. But the Dems don't have an idol to play.

Debbie went Trump mode. She turned the problem from her mistakes into her attitude, started needlessly tooting her own horn, and then did just enough to attack someone else that it became "Debbie vs someone" instead of "Debbie f'd up".

It's textbook, really. And also insane. But the Dems don't have an idol to play.

I was waiting for her to say gymnast was one of her many careers. Or her nameplate to say retired gymnast.

Her talk about Hali getting her way though made me think even more that she was the one wanting Malcolm out as a physical threat and is was ultimately put the vote on him. During that tribal it really seemed to me like her comments about getting rid of a physical threat were heard by Brad and he basically was like "Ok, we'll vote Malcolm."

I was waiting for her to say gymnast was one of her many careers. Or her nameplate to say retired gymnast.

Attempted Gymnast, maybe? It was the greatest non Philip meltdown in Survivor history though, no doubt.

Her talk about Hali getting her way though made me think even more that she was the one wanting Malcolm out as a physical threat and is was ultimately put the vote on him. During that tribal it really seemed to me like her comments about getting rid of a physical threat were heard by Brad and he basically was like "Ok, we'll vote Malcolm."

Wouldn't surprise me, because Brad not aiming at Sandra really seemed foolish. They were all pretty flustered at that tribal.

DopeToast

Banned
I really wish JT would have just played the idol last night. Any time there's a chance it could be you, you might as well play it. They wouldn't have had the numbers to get him as easily in the next tribal if it came to that, so just play it and move on as long as you can.

I've enjoyed the season (except for last week's tribal), but two of my favorites were voted out in the last two weeks. Michaela is a strong challenge player and interesting television, but she's a unbelievable brat and I don't blame her tribe-mates for not liking her. I hope she goes soon.

I need more Zeke. I hope he factors in later. I think two tribes is much better than three in terms of getting to see everyone each episode.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how Aubry feels considering she spent the entire tribal going off on Michaela, thinking everyone else supported these feelings.

I really wish JT would have just played the idol last night. Any time there's a chance it could be you, you might as well play it. They wouldn't have had the numbers to get him as easily in the next tribal if it came to that, so just play it and move on as long as you can.

I've enjoyed the season (except for last week's tribal), but two of my favorites were voted out in the last two weeks. Michaela is a strong challenge player and interesting television, but she's a unbelievable brat and I don't blame her tribe-mates for not liking her. I hope she goes soon.

I need more Zeke. I hope he factors in later. I think two tribes is much better than three in terms of getting to see everyone each episode.

I think JT was way too blinded by his own dislike for Mckaela. He was so against her that he couldn't see any other possible outcome. He didn't think there was any way people were just lying to him or that they wanted him out because he disliked Mckaela so much that he thought it was the only possible target.

As much as he got played, he really was his own undoing. Dude didn't even bring his idol he was so blind, they could have outright told him he was going home and he couldn't have done shit.

Wonder how Aubry feels considering she spent the entire tribal going off on Michaela, thinking everyone else supported these feelings.

Fucked, but gonna feel reaaaaal happy when they drop them buffs.

You didn't hear Debbie bragging about her 10 years of gymnastics training? lol
Poor Brad. He was so kind and patient with that lunatic. At least the editors were having none of Debbie's bullshit alternate reality.

You didn't hear Debbie bragging about her 10 years of gymnastics training? lol
Poor Brad. He was so kind and patient with that lunatic. At least the editors were having none of Debbie's bullshit alternate reality.

Oh yeah, I heard it, I was just waiting for her to say it was one of her many careers. This season has been lacking Debbie's Job titles.

"DID YOU SEE THAT BRAD?!?! I WAS THE FIRST ONE DOWN ON THE MATT!!!!!!"

"Why are you angry at me? I love you girl!"

I would be so livid with Debbie.

UberTag

Both Cirie and Zeke built reputations for being subtle puppetmasters in their respective seasons but we haven't been able to appreciate that element of their games this time around due to the fact that they haven't gone to tribal once.

BunnyBear

This has been a great season so far. Well edited too. I think most of the hardcores knew JT was going home as soon as tribal got underway but they did enough to muddle the outcome.

A lot of big players are gone and I'm getting the sense players like Brad, Hali, and maybe Tai are going deep. The merge is going to be brutal.

What's your predictions for next week?

This has been a great season so far. Well edited too. I think most of the hardcores knew JT was going home as soon as tribal got underway but they did enough to muddle the outcome.

A lot of big players are gone and I'm getting the sense players like Brad, Hali, and maybe Tai are going deep. The merge is going to be brutal.

What's your predictions for next week?

I gotta think Ozzie has to be the target very soon. You have to get rid of him before merge and with this being the second swap(even without knowing Sierra's advantage) you have to think merge is maybe within two votes.

As mentioned, JT was just blind. Him not using the idol was really fitting because of how out of touch he was with the game.

- Got his own alliance partner voted out
- Did not bring idol when he knew there was trouble brewing
- Fell easily for Sandra's tricks

So because he left it at camp...is it still in play? Can someone who's looking in his things just take it? I feel like this might have happened before but maybe production takes out the important stuff from camp while they are away?

Loving this season so far!

Holy fuck Sandra, Michaela, & Varner are AMAZING together.

It's not a trio long for this world. Sandra is playing hard, Varner is totally aware of what's going on but eager to let it happen, and Michaela is just being easily manipulated. My guess is that Varner tries to stay close to Sandra, but she is very good at just shedding all of her scales to stay out of the limelight, so their ability to stay allied is tenuous. Michaela is just having the classic "gonna melt down" season that will inevitably get her in trouble, which is a shame because she's a really interesting character when things go well.

As mentioned, JT was just blind. Him not using the idol was really fitting because of how out of touch he was with the game.

- Got his own alliance partner voted out
- Did not bring idol when he knew there was trouble brewing
- Fell easily for Sandra's tricks

So because he left it at camp...is it still in play? Can someone who's looking in his things just take it? I feel like this might have happened before but maybe production takes out the important stuff from camp while they are away?

It's not a trio long for this world. Sandra is playing hard, Varner is totally aware of what's going on but eager to let it happen, and Michaela is just being easily manipulated. My guess is that Varner tries to stay close to Sandra, but she is very good at just shedding all of her scales to stay out of the limelight, so their ability to stay allied is tenuous. Michaela is just having the classic "gonna melt down" season that will inevitably get her in trouble, which is a shame because she's a really interesting character when things go well.

RHAP made it seem like it would just be like it was never found. His wouldn't be valid and would likely be taken by production, but another one may be put back.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Not quite. It worked for Sandra is other seasons prior, but she is playing much harder this season. In the other two seasons, she was largely invisible. There was always someone else more dominating to shield her. Why Michaela is more upfront, Sandra is definitely being far more aggressive than previous to survive.

Basically, she needs to do it to survive, but she hasn't dissappeared like she did in the background prior.

Varner knows this and better to be with her, till the Merge where if they take another hit next week. They'll be walking into it in bad shape.

I gotta agree that Ozzy can't last much longer.

Also based on next episode's preview,
he might be in trouble with Exile island

This brings up something I completely forgot regarding preview...

What the hell is with "a survivor returning' I'm guessing it's a fakeout but I can't even figure out what would be the reasoning for the fakeout.

kirblar

What the hell is with "a survivor returning' I'm guessing it's a fakeout but I can't even figure out what would be the reasoning for the fakeout.
Spec from pregame social media leading up to the premiere:
Boston Rob's kids had a set of RYGB buffs on their head in a pic.

I'm still in love with Michaela, scared the hell outta me though. She said she learnt her lesson last season but she's making the same mistakes:/

She wears her heart on her shoulder, but it's one of the reasons I really like her. Hope she makes it to the merge and goes ham at immunities.

I can only guess it means that the survivors voted out have their own Trimble on exile island and will now compete to return?

(Preview)

I can only guess it means that the survivors voted out have their own Trimble on exile island and will now compete to return?

(Preview)

Would they be able to do exit interviews if this was a possibility?

The way the preview made it sound I kind of took it as a survivor player not from this season coming in for non-playing reasons. What was said just sounded perfectly said to make people think a player from this season coming back which is what they'd probably want with the 4 people voted out so far.

Some people on the Reddit are speculating that
it's Boston Rob, whose time spent in the game was just surpassed by Ozzy. Also, he was absent from Twitter for three weeks around the time this filmed last summer and then his first tweet after the hiatus may confirm the suspicions. Add this to the picture of his daughters in all 4 buff,
and it seems like the most likely answer.

Some people on the Reddit are speculating that
it's Boston Rob, whose time spent in the game was just surpassed by Ozzy. Also, he was absent from Twitter for three weeks around the time this filmed last summer and then his first tweet after the hiatus may confirm the suspicions. Add this to the picture of his daughters in all 4 buff,
and it seems like the most likely answer.

I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

I'm not really as bothered by twists as the average superfan, I think they keep things fresh.
I don't think he would actually join the game, although I wouldn't mind if he did, I think it'll be more as a guest host on Exile like what Big Brother frequently does with former houseguests.

That said,
if they're bringing one contestant back in any capacity, I really would hope it's Hatch.

llehuty

Lmaoooo, this week's episode felt like a sitcom. Debbie going ballistic, Sandra playing the camera, and Michaela with her reactions. Need them in the same tribe.

And regarding the preview
It crossed the back of my mind that, maybe the 2 tribes tribal wasn't for voting someone out, but to send the to Exile. I know this could be the ultimate "Survivor jumped the shark" moment, but, it could also be, in a way, correcting that 2 tribes at tribal twist by not completely eliminating the player voted out from the game.

Also, just think about the poetic justice of JT going home and Malcom staying in the game.

But you guys are probably right with your social media observations.
______

I will be in the states next week, and one of the things I'm looking forward is watching one Survivor episode live on TV. I will be devastated if my hotel room doesn't have a TV.
1st world problems, I know.

I will be in the states next week, and one of the things I'm looking forward is watching one Survivor episode live on TV. I will be devastated if my hotel room doesn't have a TV.
1st world problems, I know.

This is America. There is a TV in every room period. Not true at all, but you should be covered. What's the name of the hotel? And where in America are you visiting? Have a safe trip!

llehuty

This is America. There is a TV in every room period. Not true at all, but you should be covered. What's the name of the hotel? And where in America are you visiting? Have a safe trip!
Oh, I guess I could look on the hotel page.

*googles it*

yeeeeeeeeees (apparently I also have cable channels, lol)

I'm going to visit the hometown of Tai, Hali and Shirin
San Francisco

Catvoca

Banned
I'm glad this season is finally making people see how fucking great a Survivor player Sandra is. Goddamn the last ~20 minutes of this episode were amazing.

BunnyBear

How come you hate him so much? Idk how many times he has been on but I think I only saw the latest appearance (?) Redemption island I think

I've hated him ever since All-Stars, he was an absolute cunt to Lex and Big Tom in that season. Russell played him like a fiddle and made him look like a dickhead in HvV and he got a carpet ride to the win in Redemption Island with one of the worst casts they've ever put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom