• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
I started watching Survivor after that dude's time so I can't say I give a single fuck if he's back.

vypek

I've hated him ever since All-Stars, he was an absolute cunt to Lex and Big Tom in that season. Russell played him like a fiddle and made him look like a dickhead in HvV and he got a carpet ride to the win in Redemption Island with one of the worst casts they've ever put together.

Ah, I see. That is pretty fair. Russell is Russell Hantz or something like that? I don't think I ever saw him but think he was also an ass as far as I know. I saw someone related to him on the show once. Spilled a ton of food and threatened to pee in the other food

Grexeno

Ah, I see. That is pretty fair. Russell is Russell Hantz or something like that? I don't think I ever saw him but think he was also an ass as far as I know. I saw someone related to him on the show once. Spilled a ton of food and threatened to pee in the other food
This guys anger seems to be very misplaced though. Rob didn't do anything but play somewhat cuttthroat Survivor on All-Stars, Lex and Big Tom were just giant hypocrites and sore losers.

This guys anger seems to be very misplaced though. Rob didn't do anything but play somewhat cuttthroat Survivor on All-Stars, Lex and Big Tom were just giant hypocrites and sore losers.

I think you can say that Rob did do Lex dirty to some extent, in that he tried to leverage a real life friendship to get further in the game, and then immediately went back on his word when they merged.

Big Tom was just a sore loser, though.

BunnyBear

It was a different time back then, they were real-life friends outside the game and Rob asked Lex to keep Amber safe, which he did. The next day Rob told Lex to take a hike and voted him out. It was such a bitter season that Probst said afterwards that Survivor should only be played by strangers... different time indeed.

On his two comebacks, he got destroyed by Russell Hantz in devastating fashion and then sauntered through Redemption Island in what is considered the worst season with the worst cast full of squibs. Best player my hat.

On his two comebacks, he got destroyed by Russell Hantz in devastating fashion

By this you mean "Tyson foolishly changed his vote at the last minute causing a plan that should have worked to go south", right?

I'd hardly call that getting destroyed by Russell Hantz in devastating fashion. He had an alliance of six against three, and then one of his allies made an idiotic decision that sunk the alliance.

BunnyBear

By this you mean "Tyson foolishly changed his vote at the last minute causing a plan that should have worked to go south", right?

I'd hardly call that getting destroyed by Russell Hantz in devastating fashion. He had an alliance of six against three, and then one of his allies made an idiotic decision that sunk the alliance.

It was a brilliant and risky play and then Russell convinced Coach - who adored Rob - to throwaway his vote and convinced Jerri to vote Rob. The two times Rob played against good players he got pantsed both times.

Grexeno

I think you can say that Rob did do Lex dirty to some extent, in that he tried to leverage a real life friendship to get further in the game, and then immediately went back on his word when they merged.

Big Tom was just a sore loser, though.
Lex, of course, had just unceremoniously booted Ethan and Jerri.

Jigorath

Banned

Russell also flipped Jerri and Coach away from Rob.

Rob lost that battle.

lmao, this ep was great

not too stoked about BR hogging even more screen time but whatever, it will probably just be to congratulate Ozzy and then he'll leave... maybe.... hopefully

sandra is SAVAGE, I'm glad newer fans are getting to see her approach to the game

BunnyBear

The only thing that worries me is that's Boston Rob was AWOL from Twitter for three weeks around the time they were filming this. Let's hope it's a short one-episode cameo and nothing more, but I'm concerned.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that worries me is that's Boston Rob was AWOL from Twitter for three weeks around the time they were filming this. Let's hope it's a short one-episode cameo and nothing more, but I'm concerned.

Putting him in the game would be Big Brother-esque

Grexeno

He probably got a free vacation to Fiji with his family at CBS' expense.

J-Rod

I thought Rob and his girlfriend in their first season were absolutely terrible to Tom as soon as they didn't need him. Just vote the guy out, no need to tear him down to point of tears while you cuddle.

Catvoca

Banned
I don't like Rob, I really don't need to see any more of him, but I still think he's a damn good Survivor player.

I think Rob is just like all the players that CBS gets obsessed with, they're fine once or twice but then they get jammed down your throat and you really get tired of them.

Bread

Banned
If he comes back on I'm done. I fucking hate that cunt.

Let's hope it's April Fools.

I've hated him ever since All-Stars, he was an absolute cunt to Lex and Big Tom in that season. Russell played him like a fiddle and made him look like a dickhead in HvV and he got a carpet ride to the win in Redemption Island with one of the worst casts they've ever put together.

It was a different time back then, they were real-life friends outside the game and Rob asked Lex to keep Amber safe, which he did. The next day Rob told Lex to take a hike and voted him out. It was such a bitter season that Probst said afterwards that Survivor should only be played by strangers... different time indeed.

On his two comebacks, he got destroyed by Russell Hantz in devastating fashion and then sauntered through Redemption Island in what is considered the worst season with the worst cast full of squibs. Best player my hat.

It was a brilliant and risky play and then Russell convinced Coach - who adored Rob - to throwaway his vote and convinced Jerri to vote Rob. The two times Rob played against good players he got pantsed both times.

It was his fault that he got voted out next though, couldn't win over Coach or Jerri and Russell did. Most overrated player in the game.
damn did boston rob steal your girl or what

chill lmao

Did any of you guys ever watch that Boston Rob show?
Water-Buffalo-Hybrid-PH-Zach-Dilgard.jpg

Was stupid as hell yet enjoyable.

wachie

I remember that .. it was a cult not a tribe. Dont like Sandra either, this is the only time I see her actually playing the game. The first two times she floated her way through and had bitter juries on her side to actually not vote for players who actually played the game.

I hope Sandra continues to play like this.

I remember that .. it was a cult not a tribe. Dont like Sandra either, this is the only time I see her actually playing the game. The first two times she floated her way through and had bitter juries on her side to actually not vote for players who actually played the game.

I hope Sandra continues to play like this.

Having watched this season, maybe you should consider that Sandra was playing the game the first two times, and that getting the jury on her side was also part of her game. Sandra has always been a phenomenal player. She has reads on virtually ever player in the game, forms strong connections with people, and always manages to keep the target off her back (she's still never had a vote against her).

Having watched this season, maybe you should consider that Sandra was playing the game the first two times, and that getting the jury on her side was also part of her game. Sandra has always been a phenomenal player. She has reads on virtually ever player in the game, forms strong connections with people, and always manages to keep the target off her back (she's still never had a vote against her).

She got votes against her. Even if you don't count the votes on her when Parvati played her Idol I think she got another stray vote or two during HvV.

Yeah, Survivor Wiki says she got 3 votes, not sure if that counts Idol'd votes or not.

She got votes against her. Even if you don't count the votes on her when Parvati played her Idol I think she got another stray vote or two during HvV.

Yeah, Survivor Wiki says she got 3 votes, not sure if that counts Idol'd votes or not.

She got votes from Colby and Rupert at Final 6, but she played her idol. She did get a vote from Colby at Final 5 that I had forgotten about according to the wiki. I thought he had voted for someone else.

So that's the only vote she's ever had against her.

She got votes from Colby and Rupert at Final 6, but she played her idol. She did get a vote from Colby at Final 5 that I had forgotten about according to the wiki. I thought he had voted for someone else.

So that's the only vote she's ever had against her.

She actually did better than I thought, I thought she had votes in Pearl Islands too, but guess not.

Season 35 info from Redmond:

https://twitter.com/RedmondSurvivor/status/849010366889721856

Almost certainly Worlds Apart 2

Hoping they can find another twist for this three tribe division, although Redmond had heavily hinted at a Worlds Apart 2 for months now. Probst never even said "Worlds Apart" during the season. Kept saying the whole "white collar vs. blue collar vs. no collar" thing so if this is the theme, would they even add the Worlds Apart moniker again?

Will be disappointed if this is true. I like the themes they come up with, and would prefer something new.

Let's see how Sandra manages to make it out of this situation.

And the punishment for losing immunity will be even harsher than usual this week. The losers will be stuck with Debbie.

I can't wait for Debbie to be like "Brad sent me off to Exile to try and screw me, and now it blew up in his face!"

Edit: That's not Boston Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom