• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

MrMuscle

Im at the second Hollow area now, just used the testament to open up the tower. Looks absolutely awesome, but im on pins and needles trying to get all the chests without falling to my death!

Truthfully we have zero idea of whats going on with any sort of translation patch. The supposed September update is for the massive content update which adds new areas, quests, dungeons, bosses etc able to drag along Argo and some other stuff besides balancing and tweaks to the game itself.

I don't think you will see any major changes in the script to be honest. The Asian version however DID have a few typos cleaned up, but the sentence structure was left the same.

The patch does bring a whole bunch of improvements to the gameplay, and close to 30hrs of more content, that just like Parakeet said, is there for higher level players. You are welcome to play it lower leveled, since that's part of the fun in this game, beating stuff 10,20,30,40 lvls above you.

You might have a tough time in these new areas if you don't at least have some good skills and have a good understanding of the game's systems, if you do decide to tackle it with a low level.
Thanks, I guess I'll grab this in a bit.

I know failed Hollow Missions come back after some time, but what about missions you already cleared once? 'Cause I saw the patch adds rewards for final attacks in hollow missions rank 3. So I was wondering if people who already cleared some of them could get the reward afterwards.
Not that it would affect me though, I'm only on Floor 78 of Aincrad (won't get to the hollow area and even less to rank 3 missions before the patch comes out) but I was curious if they let you redo them after a successful end.

Yeah, there is way more than enough to do without the content update and all that does is give players who have pressed on far into the game more things to do end gamewise.

Which is why new players really shouldnt worry too much about it yet.

Sure there are fixes and improvements, but the game is perfectly functional even without them.

It's been like what, a month since the Asian release for it? I still haven't gone around to going through it yet lol.

Wait, so alongside the 24 floors, the Hollow Area, there are still 125 hidden floors? How do I get that? How long do they last? Can I play that alone, or only MP?

Almost done downloading, I can't wait to play my vita again. I've had a ball with it so far this year, danganronpa, toukiden, conception and there's more to come in the fall.

The floors are not much to look at, but its more for leveling / random treasure.

Its in the SP MP mode. You should be able to select it from the console.

Thank you, I will try that later. What level should I be to go there? Any is fine? And does the treasure there respawn when I leave / come back?

Thanks in advance.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thank you, I will try that later. What level should I be to go there? Any is fine? And does the treasure there respawn when I leave / come back?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah the deeper you go the better stuff comes out. For a couple of floors it might just all be potions, but you can sell those once you max out on em.

One thing I highly suggest getting / having before going in there is a decent stock of SP potions / SP recovery battle skills. Since you will be constantly fighting multiple targets at once a lot of the time.

Watch my vid to get an example of what its like in there the combat that is.

Yes chests will reset, though the locations are random I do believe.

Yeah the deeper you go the better stuff comes out. For a couple of floors it might just all be potions, but you can sell those once you max out on em.

One thing I highly suggest getting / having before going in there is a decent stock of SP potions / SP recovery battle skills. Since you will be constantly fighting multiple targets at once a lot of the time.

Watch my vid to get an example of what its like in there the combat that is.

Yes chests will reset, though the locations are random I do believe.

Where I can find the video? In the OT? I had a look there but couldn't find yours.

Parakeetman

Hooray I've already finished the Hollow Area arc, now on to the Infinity Moment part. Though since I've finished the Hollow Area, I've always see the girls
on towels, starting with Philia.
I already maxed out my relationship with Strea and Lisbeth but my Kirito still had not "slept" with either. I guess my Kirito was such an unlikeable character LOL.

So how can you help him?

Bittercup

What are burst attacks? I started the implement which says "Use Burst ATK for a specific number of times" but have a hard time figuring out what I should do exactly.

I know failed Hollow Missions come back after some time, but what about missions you already cleared once? 'Cause I saw the patch adds rewards for final attacks in hollow missions rank 3. So I was wondering if people who already cleared some of them could get the reward afterwards.
Not that it would affect me though, I'm only on Floor 78 of Aincrad (won't get to the hollow area and even less to rank 3 missions before the patch comes out) but I was curious if they let you redo them after a successful end.

Reposting this question, while adding another one:

I'm on Floor 78 and got requests from 3 people to help them level up or gather stuff. Two wen without a hitch, but the 3rd one, Levin, doesn't want to leave the town so I can't help him at all. I stalked him an entire day and he didn't leave. Inn -> stroll in town -> inn.
How come he doesn't go on the field? How can I make him go?

I'm level 0 in relationship with him so I can't form a party with him, FYI.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks in advance.
You can go in after clearing one or two floors of Aincrad tbh. Going in at lower levels means you'll have to pull enemies one by one but it's not too tough if you have a grasp on the battle system. I went in at around 105 I think (SP MP, full party) and came out at level 128 35 floors later with incredibly strong gear. It kind of messed up the difficulty of the rest of the game for a while but it'll give you a huge head start if you want one. Note that you can unlock the full single player version after completing the hollow arc, which will let you receive a weapon of your choice or 1 skill point after every boss floor. And yes, everything respawns/randomly generates each time you attempt the area.

What are burst attacks? I started the implement which says "Use Burst ATK for a specific number of times" but have a hard time figuring out what I should do exactly.
Burst attacks are just the O button attacks that use up your burst gauge. Just note that implements need to be implemented while on hollow missions and doing the objectives at any other time doesn't count.

Bittercup

Burst attacks are just the O button attacks that use up your burst gauge. Just note that implements need to be implemented while on hollow missions and doing the objectives at any other time doesn't count.
Yes, that was the confusing part. I was just fighting normal enemies, not within a mission. Now it works :)

Mendax

Reposting this question, while adding another one:

I'm on Floor 78 and got requests from 3 people to help them level up or gather stuff. Two wen without a hitch, but the 3rd one, Levin, doesn't want to leave the town so I can't help him at all. I stalked him an entire day and he didn't leave. Inn -> stroll in town -> inn.
How come he doesn't go on the field? How can I make him go?

I'm level 0 in relationship with him so I can't form a party with him, FYI.

as far as i know cleared hollow missions keep resetting. There are missions in the first area that i must have done a dozen times by now.

i dont know regarding the npc levelling stuff but i dont think its really necessary to do it, they will last slightly longer at the boss fight if you level them but if you manage the boss well they shouldnt even get hit that much anyway. I levelled whomever i came across in the fields but i ignored the ones just spamming my inbox :p

Abylim

I'm still messing around on floor 76 and hollow areas.

All of my girls are 100 or higher, now I'm levelling everyone else, will that actually make a difference?

Parakeetman

How do I fight the 76th floor boss, I'm in the gathering information stage but don't understand how to proceed. Like how do I prove the conditions?

http://gamewise.co/games/51803/Swor...ragment/Walkthrough/Aincrad-Floors/76th-Floor

try that.

generally there are quests / specific monsters you need to defeat which checks things off on that boss list. generally the info should be there in the game.

I'm still messing around on floor 76 and hollow areas.

All of my girls are 100 or higher, now I'm levelling everyone else, will that actually make a difference?

If you are planning on using them yes it will. The other non story NPCs will be useful for boss fights if you level them up. But its not like the floor boss fights are that much of a pain anyways, but helps prevent the non-story NPCs from dying.

so I gave Philia some armor that I shouldn't have given away, can I get it back after the content patch?

This happened on Vanilla right? I'm actually not sure you know. I know that if you do it happens AFTER the patch you can get it back. Now pre-patch going into post-patch? No clue sadly :S

Bittercup

10h in and now I have beaten the first boss. This game is huge. And I love the battle system. A bit confusing at first, but so much fun :)

Man, I really can't grasp the battle system.

Particularly the dodging part. The tutorial indicates that you need to dodge at a certain moment, but I don't see when and I don't get the bonus when dodging an attack.

Parakeetman

Particularly the dodging part. The tutorial indicates that you need to dodge at a certain moment, but I don't see when and I don't get the bonus when dodging an attack.

it has to be pretty perfectly done or no bonus will be awarded

darkwing

practice makes perfect, it will say something if you successfully dodged it

Well all I do is mash attack, switch when risk is high, keep pressing Good!, and stun when asked.

Sometimes I get annihilated in one attack for some reason and I don't know why. I can't break my own attack to dodge or parry.

Also, how do you level Lis's blacksmith? She said something that I skipped over accidently, but do I need to bring her around and level her?

Kaname

How do you equip the costumes that you can download from the Store? I bought them at the armor shop but what after that? Do I have to buy each for every girl and give it to them once I reach Rank 4?

Mendax

Well all I do is mash attack, switch when risk is high, keep pressing Good!, and stun when asked.

Sometimes I get annihilated in one attack for some reason and I don't know why. I can't break my own attack to dodge or parry.

Also, how do you level Lis's blacksmith? She said something that I skipped over accidently, but do I need to bring her around and level her?

you shouldn't really mash attack but instead time and micromanage, and you shouldnt keep pressing good :p

every time you say " good" after a companion's action they remember that and put more priority to doing that action again (will increase one strategy stat on their character info tabs and decrease the others). So if you want to meaningfully level and customize them you won't get anywhere that way.

You can level Lizbeth's smithing by doing her character specific events; she will get a pink exclamation mark above her head or above her shop. I dont know the requirements for them but in any case they appear once you progress through floors (had two appear immediately after clearing the first two floor final bosses).

Is there any point in leveling all the other characters?

there certainly is a point in leveling all girls as they have character specific events/quests in the hollow area and you need to beat the final boss while paired up with all of them one by one to unlock all unlockables.

there is a point to leveling the other players since that will make them harder to get killed during the raid boss fights but if you fight well yourself (keep the aggro and keep attacks away from them) that wont be necessary.

maouvin

I spent like an hour trying to get the dating mood up. No success.

This:

Go to the fountain outside Egil Inn and wait for the girl to speak in colored text, talk and spam R. Rinse and repeat. If no colored text appears, exit screen and come back.

I also liked to talk on the sofa and then sitting on the bed at Kirito's room. Dunno at which point I bridal carried them to the room for the laying-on-bed talk, rank 5 maybe?

Bittercup

I've got mail from some NPCs requesting my help. I found one during exploring the new floor and helped her gathering questitems.
But the other NPC is just strolling around the town but asked me to help with an assault in his mail.
What should I do? Will he randomly wander in a combat area and I just have to wait? I tried talking to him in the town but he doesn't say anything.

Mendax

I've got mail from some NPCs requesting my help. I found one during exploring the new floor and helped her gathering questitems.
But the other NPC is just strolling around the town but asked me to help with an assault in his mail.
What should I do? Will he randomly wander in a combat area and I just have to wait? I tried talking to him in the town but he doesn't say anything.

help him if you wander into him on the field otherwise ignore his request

there is no reward, no achievement and no unlockable for doing those requests

It's like Orange-ish I guess. You'll know you got it right if talking to her initiates the friendship bar sequence where you spam R.

yes a yellow speech bubble as opposed to the normal white ones are dating/lover speech bubbles. Those will fill up the enjoyment meter really fast.

best place to get those is outside Agil's place by the fountain up til relationship level 3 and after that in kirito's room on the sofa or on the bed to get to level 5

Bittercup

Thanks :) I have finished the floor so far and only thing missing was his request. If that's not important I just fight the boss instead.

there is no reward, no achievement and no unlockable for doing those requests

One could argue there are rewards, as they give you potions if you successfully helped them.

On my end I've just beaten the Floor 80 boss (still 0 deaths and Last Attack bonus get) so I'm doing events/quests/adventuring/requests for a bit now.

So far I've done every NPC friend requests I was given, good thing that they let the rewards in the mail list if you're too full, I'll get them once the update arrives and I can store 99 of each.
If I see an NPC does not leave the city even though (s)he asked for my help, I'll wait before going to the newest boss an cycle through the days until I see him/her outside for once.
I know that besides the potions I won't get anything else for it, but I don't want to leave them out like that, you know :p Plus, it boosts their affection and levels. It may add up some Strength points for the raid.

I just go up the floors as usual. If one of those character's happens to be on that floor and I pass by them, I give them a hand. If not, I don't go out of my way just to help them lol.

Top Bottom