• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

matmanx1

Went on a multiplayer leveling spree last night with Leafa, Silica and Sinon in the Hollow Area. All of them gained at least 10 levels (and Sinon was closer to 20) in not much more than an hour.

I stuck mainly to that temple in the fertile woods with buzzing bees that has the Blood Knights that are around 120-124. They don't do any special attacks and aren't especially difficult to kill for my level 110 Kirito.

SeZMehK

I like this game so much. It reminds me of the days when I used to play dot.hack but the translation is so bad... It's killing me and I am confused at times... Lol.

MrMuscle

I downloaded the 20(?!) DLC packs but i cant seem to find them in game. I expected the items to be at the vendors but no dice. Silly question im sure, but where can i find them?

Mrfb17

Neo Member
If you go into your Items then R to DLC you can find all the stuff there use Circle on the weapons and items to have them appear in your inventory. The others have descriptions which explain how they work - hope this helps :)

Just recieved mine from Play-Asia but before I start I wanted to make sure I watched to the recommended point in the anime. I am pretty sure I was told to watch up to episode 14 before playing, is that the general consensus? I plan to finish watching the series(at least what is available via Netflix) but I'd like to start the game. Will the game spoil anything after episode 14 or does it split off into its own story?

Doombear

Just recieved mine from Play-Asia but before I start I wanted to make sure I watched to the recommended point in the anime. I am pretty sure I was told to watch up to episode 14 before playing, is that the general consensus? I plan to finish watching the series(at least what is available via Netflix) but I'd like to start the game. Will the game spoil anything after episode 14 or does it split off into its own story?

Correct, after 14 the game and the anime take different paths.

Only at the Floor 86 boss, already 40 hours played.

At first I got the game because the call for a SAO game was difficult to resist but damn it's really addicting :x It's really a shame the translation is not good at all because I feel like it would have been a much more polished package as a result. Very good game with a poor-ish presentation as of right now.

I'm really looking forward to Sept.23's content patch. The gameplay changes seem soooo good!

darkwing

Only at the Floor 86 boss, already 40 hours played.

At first I got the game because the call for a SAO game was difficult to resist but damn it's really addicting :x It's really a shame the translation is not good at all because I feel like it would have been a much more polished package as a result. Very good game with a poor-ish presentation as of right now.

I'm really looking forward to Sept.23's content patch. The gameplay changes seem soooo good!

oh first time I've seen an exact date for the NA patch

Mrfb17

Neo Member
How do you lower Risk if you are fighting solo? I seem to be stuck at Risk 4. I parry, stun and just dodge but it doesn't seem to lower it, just raises their Risk to 5. The usual method of switch obviously doesn't work :(

Kensuke

How do you lower Risk if you are fighting solo? I seem to be stuck at Risk 4. I parry, stun and just dodge but it doesn't seem to lower it, just raises their Risk to 5. The usual method of switch obviously doesn't work :(

You can lower risk with Burst Just Attack. Press the Burst attack button just when the white circle surrounding Kirito closes and you should see a green flash. Do a few in a row of these and your risk will decrease to 0.

MrMuscle

Two elementary questions that i still havent figured out, maybe you can help me.

1. How do i switch target?
2. How do i leave combat to run away?

Two elementary questions that i still havent figured out, maybe you can help me.

1. How do i switch target?
2. How do i leave combat to run away?

1. Left and Right on the directional pad
2. I think you don't run away at all...which leads to some frustration in some quests where you can't kill some enemies and the next one you HAVE to is as the far end of the room...

Mendrox

2. I think you don't run away at all...which leads to some frustration in some quests where you can't kill some enemies and the next one you HAVE to is as the far end of the room...

Well that's strange cause I press right on the DPAD to leave battles and run away.

Well that's strange cause I press right on the DPAD to leave battles and run away.

Wait...you're right in fact, if there are no other enemies in front of you, you quit combat instead of changing targets :/ Totally slipped my mind this happens :D I may be too tired right now...

MrMuscle

Wait...you're right in fact, if there are no other enemies in front of you, you quit combat instead of changing targets :/ Totally slipped my mind this happens :D I may be too tired right now...

Thanks guys! I was doing a boss that required me to target different parts of him and for some reason i didnt even think to try the d-pad.

Mendax

are you sure that works for you? just tried it on a boss (1 target) and didnt work. I always press dpad right + X at the same time to disengage, always worked for me :p

are you sure that works for you? just tried it on a boss (1 target) and didnt work. I always press dpad right + X at the same time to disengage, always worked for me :p

You may indeed need to press X just afterwards but the general concept is the same. You disengage the lock with Left or Right first then if not enough, X and you're out!

In other news,
I finally got 1000 in 1H Sword mastery (which means I can now level up and earn 2H Swords skills) ! Now I must up Scimitar mastery to get Katana Master, but I still have 450 points to go before I unlock it.

Floor 88, still need to complete quests and aid at least one NPC friend before the boss. The final floor boss before fully immerse myself in the Hollow Area story. To be honest I hope it grows on me because right now I don't like that Area that much...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You may indeed need to press X just afterwards but the general concept is the same. You disengage the lock with Left or Right first then if not enough, X and you're out!

In other news,
I finally got 1000 in 1H Sword mastery (which means I can now level up and earn 2H Swords skills) ! Now I must up Scimitar mastery to get Katana Master, but I still have 450 points to go before I unlock it.

Floor 88, still need to complete quests and aid at least one NPC friend before the boss. The final floor boss before fully immerse myself in the Hollow Area story. To be honest I hope it grows on me because right now I don't like that Area that much...

actually its highly suggested to beat the hollow area before aincrad

actually its highly suggested to beat the hollow area before aincrad

Yup that's exactly why I won't beat the Floor 89 boss before finishing that arc's story.
But as of right now, that area isn't really as cool as Aincrad for me, based on the limited hands-on I've had. So I hope it becomes better a few quests down the line ;)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ugh, failed secret boss twice now. That damn 1 hit kill move and it's a fucking pain running through the gauntlet of final bosses.

Bittercup

You just have to love the dialogue system :D
And Silica is the best:
saoynsil.png

matmanx1

True story, I was trying to chat up Sinon last night so I grouped with her in the Inn and sat down at one of the tables. Yui comes strolling in the door and makes a beeline for the table and proceeds to sit down. She pulls out a mug of something to drink (it looked like coffee) and says "Daddy, are you cheating?"

I just about fell out of my chair laughing. I wish I had gotten a screen shot. Needless to say, Sinon and Kirito then proceeded to head someplace more private.

darkwing

True story, I was trying to chat up Sinon last night so I grouped with her in the Inn and sat down at one of the tables. Yui comes strolling in the door and makes a beeline for the table and proceeds to sit down. She pulls out a mug of something to drink (it looked like coffee) and says "Daddy, are you cheating?"

I just about fell out of my chair laughing. I wish I had gotten a screen shot. Needless to say, Sinon and Kirito then proceeded to head someplace more private.

poor Asuna

Stuart444

They weren't included in the Patch for the Japanese or Asia versions if I'm correct, but they may be doing it that way for us I guess.

On this point, they came with the patch as in, they went up onto the store at the same time as the patch (and I think you need the patch to use the costumes?). At least for the Japanese version it was. I assume it will be the same way for the English version.

Umm soo I downloaded all the DLC and it was really annoying to do so due to having to add every single thing manually though the GGO Style doesn't seem to work for me o.o

I redownloaded it twice now and both times it says Spriggan Kirito 1 installing... 100% but when I look ingame only Spriggan Kirito 2 is listed in my DLC menu and I can't select the hair-style in the avatar editor, only the ALO one :/

Whoa I just read that and this is highly disturbing but so funny! :D
And sad :(

Mailbox

The weird thing I noticed is that Yui doesn't care who you are with, she will always assume you are cheating.

Even if you are holding hands with Asuna...
It was weird.

Does anyone have any advice for carrying the heroines into the inn room? People keep walking in and it's starting to wind me up having to go through all 5 levels again.

Does anyone have any advice for carrying the heroines into the inn room? People keep walking in and it's starting to wind me up having to go through all 5 levels again.
Some posters in here said to go to the room first and then exit so that you're right in front of the staircase.

ramyeon

Anyone know of specific enemies that give good EXP? I'm around lv111 and I'd like to gain about at least 5 levels. Within the first two Hollow Areas would be ideal!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anyone know of specific enemies that give good EXP? I'm around lv111 and I'd like to gain about at least 5 levels. Within the first two Hollow Areas would be ideal!

There really is no one particular type, just a lot of killing whats higher lv than you constantly with the EXP booster on is pretty much all there is to it. In the 2nd Area that Ant cave has a bunch of enemies that you can kill rapidly. If not just do the offline MP dungeon area thing and just constantly kill everything. Since its a good constant flow of EXP.

Kaname

Am I the only one finding incredibly stupid the way the Hollow Area map is designed? Everytime it's a bother to understand which path I should take to reach my destination :(

Top Bottom