• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
help him if you wander into him on the field otherwise ignore his request

there is no reward, no achievement and no unlockable for doing those requests

yes a yellow speech bubble as opposed to the normal white ones are dating/lover speech bubbles. Those will fill up the enjoyment meter really fast.

best place to get those is outside Agil's place by the fountain up til relationship level 3 and after that in kirito's room on the sofa or on the bed to get to level 5

actually helping the npcs is how you become friends with them so that you are able to use them as a selectable partner or during the offline mp mode

Kaname

helps the boss raids since am pretty sure the npcs that appear in those are taken from the highest lv npc characters

Oh I see. I think I've read somewhere that you can raise the difficulty in NG+ so I'm curious to see if it will actually be needed to help out some of those NPCs to progress through the floors. Wouldn't mind to see that actually.

Parakeetman

Oh I see. I think I've read somewhere that you can raise the difficulty in NG+ so I'm curious to see if it will actually be needed to help out some of those NPCs to progress through the floors. Wouldn't mind to see that actually.

basically helping them out is more to raise levels to some sore of bare minimum as there still is usually the suggest point value of overall battle strength.

just hanging around them and attacking the same targets will help give them exp too even if you killed the target. do believe for them to get exp that they actually need to be in combat first and not just targeting something and moving towards it.

I'm trying to turn in The Sweetness Challenge quest and the NPC tells me that my inventory is full yet I only have 74/200 in the Item menu.
Please help. :(

Also, the Wedding Dress seriously costs 3,000,000?! O_O

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Check whatever reward item the quest gives. The amount in your inventory + the amount given as a reward exceeds 10.

3 million won't be a big deal soon. You can find weapons pretty early that sell for 1 million each alone.

Check whatever reward item the quest gives. The amount in your inventory + the amount given as a reward exceeds 10.

3 million won't be a big deal soon. You can find weapons pretty early that sell for 1 million each alone.
Thanks! The quest was giving me 8 SP Hi-Potions and I had 6 in my inventory. :D

I assumed the DLC items would be free, but it won't be a problem. I should sell the weapons I put in storage. >_>

Mendax

Okay I got it. It's actually the text before the conversation. I thought it was during the chat.

Okay, next question is... is there any consequences for dating everyone?

as far as i know there are no penalties at all, only rewards (cg unlocks, trophies, better girl customization etc.)

well not that hard to understand more characters = less downtime = more dead enemies = exp :)

and deaths in MP do not reset progress to last checkpoints :D

edit: heads up for anyone going for the trophies

- keep all last attacking bonus items, do not give/sell them to anyone
- have relationship with Strea maxed before floor 90
- do hollow area and all hollow events before floor 90 (hollow area story is the azure exclamation mark in the events tab found in the small menu you open by pressing square, hollow events are pink exclamation marks that lead you to areas in the hollow map. you need to be solo and in singleplayer for those to trigger).

matmanx1

Okay I got it. It's actually the text before the conversation. I thought it was during the chat.

Okay, next question is... is there any consequences for dating everyone?

For me, the "dating" stuff makes it easier to unlock the different battle outfits for the girls. Once you have a particular girl at rank 5 you get the option to tell her, via the battle conversation, that she is "off track" which will reset her Atk, Def and Buf parameters to their default values.

I tried this out with Asuna last night and was able to get her Buff costume unlocked from her default parameter in the time that it took me to do floor 78 without a lot of hassle. It's worth noting that the unlocked outfits DO have stat bonuses although we can't see them until we get the patch later this month.

jengo

How do I set up the game so I can shut it off and know it will start at the same spot when I start it up again? Having only auto-save in games makes me so nervous....

Parakeetman

So if I beat a NM monster I should exit and re-enter to futher explore and not risk having to beat it again if I die in that same area?

Yes. Though in the hollow area NMs will repop anyways, so the whole point of it is to save your progress / any loot found.

Parakeetman

So many downloads in this... Swords, Bosses, Costumes, Dungeons... why do they make it so I have to click download on them one at a time?! There are 20 or so items to download!

Yep thats always been a pain in the ass problem with PSN no real sorting / batch downloading.

Where can I get the swords? Somebody said Liz shop but it shows nothing there.

Also, it would be nice to see what I've downloaded and what I'm missing, sigh.

Doombear

Where can I get the swords? Somebody said Liz shop but it shows nothing there.

Also, it would be nice to see what I've downloaded and what I'm missing, sigh.

DLC Swords from today's DLC? They all showed as "Treasure Chest: Weapon Name". I have no idea where the chests are that they are in though...

Now a question I have. Just noticed the fortune teller in the alley in the shopping district. I was with Asuna so she offered to tell our fortune. She ended up giving me 500 col and we got a Crit Up bonus. Did we both get the bonus, is it temporary? I hadn't heard about her before.

ramyeon

Man I haven't been able to play or post here for awhile :( been flat off my feet working for the past week and have been to tired to even touch my Vita when I get home. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into this.

olaznoG

So many downloads in this... Swords, Bosses, Costumes, Dungeons... why do they make it so I have to click download on them one at a time?! There are 20 or so items to download!

You can do a batch download:

Buy the dlc then go back to the page and click "Download to your PS Vita".

HBcb.jpg

Doombear

You can do a batch download:

Buy the dlc then go back to the page and click "Download to your PS Vita".

HBcb.jpg

Odd, I have always tried the Download to Vita button after the confirm page on SEN and it never does anything. Is the product page's "Download to your PS Vita" different? Either way, on a relatively quick connection it doesn't take long in the slightest, I am more concerned that I will accidentally skip on of the downloads and not realize it!

You have to use them as items. Go to your inventory and go to the DLC tab.
Thanks! There they are.

FDC1

I know that, I'm strictly speaking about the items with a [sell] mention when you get them. There is no risk they will be asked way later for a secondary quest by exemple and I'll have to grind again for them?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I know that, I'm strictly speaking about the items with a [sell] mention when you get them. There is no risk they will be asked way later for a secondary quest by exemple and I'll have to grind again for them?
Yeah, you can sell those; any quest items are labeled.

Parakeetman

ah, but in Aincrad , NMs don't repop right? since usually they are part of the boss fight pre-requisite

no they should repop too after a period of time. the only one that doesnt should be the floor boss.

there really isnt any reason to go after them more than once though as it is not like they drop col like they used to with the psp version. since now money is made by selling items farmed from the hollow area.

Top Bottom