• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

Man, this game is pretty bad as a SP game.
Yeah I was really disappointed by it. Thank god for co-op.

In other news I made it through a co-op level by myself last night for the first time (Mozambique). Man that was intense. So much fun though.

If Starbreeze makes a Syndicate 2 I would highly recommend they just make the co-op the full campaign, just scale it down for one player if necessary, or add AI squadmates that you can give basic directions to.

I checked some other forums and it seems like the mercenaries are rare random spawns that will drop in on certain levels on expert. Some have encountered them in the first area of the first co-op level if they wait too long before advancing and hacking the gate.
Oh that's neat. I don't think I've ever seen them.

Just finished this (both co-op and SP)the game was pretty cool i thought. Loved the sound, but the bloom, oh my god my eyes. One annoying thing though, my co-op stats haven't been registered (weapon kills etc) for some reason, meaning getting some achievements is going to be a pain. I did co-op before i did SP.

shuri

Banned
It's a shame, this game has so much potential; it really feels ultra rushed; like it needed a additional couple of months in the oven to be a classic! I've ran into lots of random bugs and glitches; and lots of things feel unfinished!

It's a shame, but a good effort :(

Polished off the co-op (stupid agents) and I have zero desire to play the single-player or to even go through co-op again. It's funny, I went from digging the game quite a bit to pretty much hating it after my 11 hours to get through all the co-op maps with a group of three.

gg's frontier, thanks for the invite

I havent played the co-op that much so far, only have played the 1st two maps. That was the first time I've played Western Europe with only 2 people, we struggled a bit to finish off that last section but managed to get it done

might be avail to play later

Polished off the co-op (stupid agents) and I have zero desire to play the single-player or to even go through co-op again. It's funny, I went from digging the game quite a bit to pretty much hating it after my 11 hours to get through all the co-op maps with a group of three.

Yeah I'll never bother with the SP again. Too much filler bullshit to have to go through. The co op though I'm really enjoying. Playing mostly with a buddy and going pretty slow, I think we're only on the 4th map. Playing the co op mode solo is a good challenge too.

frontieruk

Yeah I'll never bother with the SP again. Too much filler bullshit to have to go through. The co op though I'm really enjoying. Playing mostly with a buddy and going pretty slow, I think we're only on the 4th map. Playing the co op mode solo is a good challenge too.

I only bought it for the coop, so I'm a happy man :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mwahahah, my syndicate just hit #9 on the leaderboards. Taking the world by storm >:)

Yeah I was really disappointed by it. Thank god for co-op.

In other news I made it through a co-op level by myself last night for the first time (Mozambique). Man that was intense. So much fun though.

If Starbreeze makes a Syndicate 2 I would highly recommend they just make the co-op the full campaign, just scale it down for one player if necessary, or add AI squadmates that you can give basic directions to.

Oh that's neat. I don't think I've ever seen them.

Solo'd that mission by myself today as well, it was definitely harrowing, how many tries did it take you? took me 8. at level 8

Finished the campaign earlier. Meh. On the one hand the gameplay is pretty good, a nice little twist to the standard FPS fare, but the campaign was over far too quick. I played on the hardest difficulty and it feels like it took me 4 or 5 hours.
Gameplay aside, the game shares a lot of thematic and visual similarities to Human Revolution (the Tai Yong part in particular), so it just failed to resonate as well as it could have with me. I also found it to be extremely predictable.
"Oh so Brian Cox and Rosario Dawson seem to be the only actual actors in the game... that means Brian Cox is probably the primary antagonist."
Co-op is pretty sweet, though.

Oh, and dat bloom. Holy shit, Starbreeze.

So yeah.. overall I'm a little disappointed by the game. I'd have preferred a more faithful remake/update of the original, kind of like what Firaxis is doing with X-COM. However, I'm still grateful for the game, because without Starbreeze working on this, we wouldn't have gotten The Darkness II from Digital Extremes. <3

I'd love to play with some of you psn/sen gaf guys some time. I've never played with any of you before and it seems to be a pretty cool community. If I could get a psn syndicate invite I'd really appreciate it. Psn Id is mob_skater

frontieruk

Quick thanks to JTrov and the visualiser for some great games tonight, had a couple of really good runs.

Gaf currently rank 811 on LIVE our stock is rising.

Solo'd that mission by myself today as well, it was definitely harrowing, how many tries did it take you? took me 8. at level 8

I think I was a little over level 10, probably took me around 5 tries. I also did Western Europe today by myself for the first time, that ones a lot of fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played with Dave1988 and Raul_Atreides in our PS3 Syndicate tonight. Lots of fun but I got my ass completely handed to me when we tried expert since my character is still pretty low level. Still, I had a lot of fun and hope to play with the GAF Syndicate again soon, if they're willing to have me after my performance tonight.
KuGsj.gif
I need to stick with normal for a while.

frontieruk

Blowing limbs/heads off with the upgraded sniper rifle is one of my life's joys right now.

Single player or co-op? I don't find this to be the case compared to other modern shooters.

I quite like using the mini cannon and shredding people's legs from under them, twisted yes, but fun though.

Oh PC gamers rejoice... No no solution to bloom... Yet

But if you do feel like replying sp and want to go into it a bit stronger...

1) Start your desired chapter.
2) Open the dev console (Ctrl+Alt+~ or Ctrl+Alt+º)
3) addupgradepoints 99
4) ???
5) Profit!!!

For some reason, this method only allows you to start the game with a maximum of 9 upgrade points, and the cap increases as the game progresses. Considering the Single Player has 17 upgrades, you start with more than half of them?

Played with Dave1988 and Raul_Atreides in our PS3 Syndicate tonight. Lots of fun but I got my ass completely handed to me when we tried expert since my character is still pretty low level. Still, I had a lot of fun and hope to play with the GAF Syndicate again soon, if they're willing to have me after my performance tonight.
KuGsj.gif
I need to stick with normal for a while.

Hey even getting picked off the ground helps the syndicate! It's a management challenge to reboot guys, 2000 is the target! So don't feel guilty, just try not to be in the open, against 4 Agents, makes life complicated... But seriously though the Gaf community is about having fun and a laugh so you'll be invited back... Me I have to run a syndicate or else I'd never be picked :( lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hey even getting picked off the ground helps the syndicate! It's a management challenge to reboot guys, 2000 is the target! So don't feel guilty, just try not to be in the open, against 4 Agents, makes life complicated... But seriously though the Gaf community is about having fun and a laugh so you'll be invited back... Me I have to run a syndicate or else I'd never be picked :( lol
I was just joking around. I always really suck at stuff like this at first. Once I play through all the missions a couple times and build up my agent I'll be good to go.

frontieruk

I was just joking around. I always really suck at stuff like this at first. Once I play through all the missions a couple times and build up my agent I'll be good to go.

So was I ;) how do you think I know about the issue of needing a reboot in the middle of four agents... JTrov had a nightmare trying to fish me out lol

This is my first disappointment of the year. Can't fucking stand the controls. I don't know what it is, I can't shoot worth a shit in this game. I don't like not finishing games, but think this is going back to family video unfinished.

I think I was a little over level 10, probably took me around 5 tries. I also did Western Europe today by myself for the first time, that ones a lot of fun.

I still can't get past W. Europe without dying, but i have it down pat..gonna try the 3rd stage, hopefully its manageable!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is my first disappointment of the year. Can't fucking stand the controls. I don't know what it is, I can't shoot worth a shit in this game. I don't like not finishing games, but think this is going back to family video unfinished.

How far are you into it? Once everything clicked for me, and it took a while, the controls felt great. You have to use a lot more buttons simultaneously than most games but it works quite well.

jtrov

Quick thanks to JTrov and the visualiser for some great games tonight, had a couple of really good runs.

We definitely had some great runs tonight, especially during those final showdowns on Scandinavia.

Finally encountered my first hard lock-up in co-op. sucks that it happened on Northern Territories; I love that map.

I still haven't seen any map after Northern Territories, and now it makes sense, since you told me about the glitch. So is the only way to advance to just play the last stage unlocked until it recognizes you've completed it?

Either way GAFindustries is on the rise. Going to log on in a little and put in some more work. :)

How far are you into it? Once everything clicked for me, and it took a while, the controls felt great. You have to use a lot more buttons simultaneously than most games but it works quite well.

Not very. A little bit after getting your second power (make guns backfire or whatever). I'll give it a bit longer since I have it a couple more nights any way.

Does anyone know how you sprint tackle Riot Shield guys? The sprint action followed by the door bash thing that appears in a few spots of the campaign (I think it's left stick to sprint, right stick to bash) doesn't seem to work. Kilo lowers his shoulder but then nothing in particular happens to the shield bearer.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The electron mace fully powered is unstoppable...my god I love it.

It's the best way to take out Agents, for sure.

Does anyone know how you sprint tackle Riot Shield guys? The sprint action followed by the door bash thing that appears in a few spots of the campaign (I think it's left stick to sprint, right stick to bash) doesn't seem to work. Kilo lowers his shoulder but then nothing in particular happens to the shield bearer.

Why bother? The Kusanagi ACR-10 shoots right through riot shields.

We definitely had some great runs tonight, especially during those final showdowns on Scandinavia.

Finally encountered my first hard lock-up in co-op. sucks that it happened on Northern Territories; I love that map.

I still haven't seen any map after Northern Territories, and now it makes sense, since you told me about the glitch. So is the only way to advance to just play the last stage unlocked until it recognizes you've completed it?

Either way GAFindustries is on the rise. Going to log on in a little and put in some more work. :)

yeah gg's guys

Im liking the game, its hectic but there is def some strategy needed to succeed. I have kind of been hanging back and healing you guys, picking at people with breaches and finishing guys off. Not sure what gun I should be going with as my main. I've dabbled with a bunch and the TAR seems to work best for me, the AC10 rifle kinda sucks and I cant hit anything with the sniper rifle.

Played Atlantic Accelerator with you guys for the 1st time, its a really cool homage to the original syndicate where you get jumped from every angle right at the start of the map.

Almost finished the campaign today, it's one of the better linear corridor-shooter FPS campaigns I've played thru in awhile. Story is shit, but the gunfights are really fun.

Why bother? The Kusanagi ACR-10 shoots right through riot shields.

So does the sniper.

Unfortunately, it's one of the few achievements I'm missing, and I'm a whore like that. I can't figure out for shit how to accomplish anything by sprinting or sprinting and right stick clicking them. Nothing seems to work. :(

I still can't get past W. Europe without dying, but i have it down pat..gonna try the 3rd stage, hopefully its manageable!

Wow.. Just finished the 3rd co-op mission solo(normal), went in level 10 came out level 13 , the moment i was dropped i was getting tagged on all sides, died 8 times, before i even left the heli-pad..but found a safe haven a few feet away, hunkered down and dominated, got the minigun and shredded..then there's the agents....*pause*....i was not prepared for that, i peed a little when they jumped out..killed e'm all after understanding how to seperate them, missed one chip though :(

I love this game..the co-op campaign is one of the best single player experiences i've ever had the pleasure of sinking time into..its a bit of a grind to get passed the first mission, but you can feel your improvement and your agent getting stronger..

Fucking awful bloom. Seriously... first pic is from the 'blow my retina out' viewpoint, and the 2nd one is when I move 10 feet forward and look at the same windows...

Just... wow.

thetrin

So does the sniper.

Unfortunately, it's one of the few achievements I'm missing, and I'm a whore like that. I can't figure out for shit how to accomplish anything by sprinting or sprinting and right stick clicking them. Nothing seems to work. :(

You definitely just have to sprint into them.

Wow.. Just finished the 3rd co-op mission solo(normal), went in level 10 came out level 13 , the moment i was dropped i was getting tagged on all sides, died 8 times, before i even left the heli-pad..but found a safe haven a few feet away, hunkered down and dominated, got the minigun and shredded..then there's the agents....*pause*....i was not prepared for that, i peed a little when they jumped out..killed e'm all after understanding how to seperate them, missed one chip though :(

I love this game..the co-op campaign is one of the best single player experiences i've ever had the pleasure of sinking time into..its a bit of a grind to get passed the first mission, but you can feel your improvement and your agent getting stronger..

Imo, the best part of the coop is playing with other people, but that's just me.

You definitely just have to sprint into them.

Imo, the best part of the coop is playing with other people, but that's just me.

You're not a lone wolf like me, i don't play well with others, including friends. you should try doing a map by yourself to see if you've got what it takes to Alpha everything..or if relying on others has made you a pup.

The electron mace fully powered is unstoppable...my god I love it.

Yes! I always pick it up whenever I see it now. Increasing it's range and making it chain to a second enemy really does wonders. I also like that it's one of the pick-up weapons that can be restocked at the ammo boxes.

I actually enjoyed some of the fire-fights in the campaign quite a bit.

But damn, the co-op in this game is so good. It's like a perfect mix of L4D and Borderlands.

I'm level 20ish, and am just ripping fools apart with the Kusanagi rifle, E-Drain and Damage Link.

Sephon

If GAF accepts EU-members or have a EU-syndicate I'd love to join for some good coop-action, random games can be pretty frustrating.

I'm playing on PC/Origin and my origin name is: SKoplik80

I'd be greateful for a syndicate invitation!

frontieruk

If GAF accepts EU-members or have a EU-syndicate I'd love to join for some good coop-action, random games can be pretty frustrating.

I'm playing on PC/Origin and my origin name is: SKoplik80

I'd be greateful for a syndicate invitation!

Booting my pc now.

Top Bottom