• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

foxdvd

Does private chat have the same locking up issue as party chat does on the 360?

tried it a little bit and it seemed ok, but just while playing the single player while another friend was playing single player.....but it was locking up in party chat even in single player before, so I think it will be ok.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do you ever rank up to a point that you can start with higher end weapons on your loadout, or do you just have to find them?

TheUsual

Gold Member
Playing on PC, why is there no keyboard support to talk to team mates? Dealing with someone who became a host and couldn't figure out how to start a game (i waited for 5 minutes while the host figured out whatever it was they were figuring out).

Sending out friend requests on Origin. My name is GoldSoundzzz if you'd like to add me. I'm awesome; I use a mic.

I'd also appreciate an invite to the GAF syndicate.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone want to play some Syndicate co-op for the 360 later on? Or even now? (didn't start yet)

It's explained in a data log that Kilo was grabbed because he happened to have good genes, which would make him survive the transformation into an agent. It also mentions how Eurocorp was initially just grabbing people from the down-zone, but the failure rate was too high because they didn't find people with proper genes. That led to them starting to look for suitable children among the upper classes also. I think most of the story is pretty poorly explained in-game, why Cayman-Global assaults Eurocorp is also hard to understand without reading the logs.

That's pretty cool, then - I just wish it had been explained in the actual game, not in the reading. Logs like that should be supplemental, not essential.

Oh man, some random dude and I were left high and dry right at the beginning of Atlantic Accelerator on Hard.

We battled through it though, covering each other with heals and buffs, flanking enemies, distracting generals and circling back for the double-team. It was intense stuff.

I was almost disappointed when two more people joined toward the end of the leve. :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
I've noticed the bloom disappears when I sprint. I didn't notice this until after I messed around with some variables in environment.cfg and console so I don't know if it was something I did or if it was always that way.

In either case it should be a clue about what needs to be done. :)

So I'm clearing a fair bit of the challenges, just had Middle Management pop, and am making good progress through Hard mode (I have three stages left).

Still haven't seen any Mercenary enemies, or killed any for the challenge.

Does anyone know who they are/what they look like? Or do they only come up in Expert?

So I'm clearing a fair bit of the challenges, just had Middle Management pop, and am making good progress through Hard mode (I have three stages left).

Still haven't seen any Mercenary enemies, or killed any for the challenge.

Does anyone know who they are/what they look like? Or do they only come up in Expert?

I have no idea either. I've finished all co-op missions on expert and still have 0 mercenary kills.

Guess nobody wants to play Colorado on PC. Nothing but Mozambique and Western Europe. Such a shame EA only released this on Origin--the community for this game is going to be gone in a month.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I actually like the bloom...

Ignoring the fact that it gives me a headache within minutes of starting the game I find that it doesn't really fit the story of the game. We're talking chipped humans with various enhancements yet for some reason they've not managed to make their vision better, indeed they've made it worse.

I don't feel like an enhanced human while playing the game, I feel like somebody walking around in broad daylight with dilated pupils.

I thought I'd get lucky searching tweaks for older starbreeze games on the same engine but it hasn't happened yet.

Didn't play it yet. Still, how the game feels? Does it have the open and interactive world from both original and Syndicate Wars? Can you drive land and air vehicles? Is your arsenal comparable to Syndicate Wars's? And most important, is persuadertron still there?

Syndicate and Syndicate Wars are one of my favorite games of all time. I want to know if this game feels like the originals.

I actually like the bloom...
Yeah I do too. It's as over the top as BF3 but I don't care, I think it makes everything look cool.

Didn't play it yet. Still, how the game feels? Does it have the open and interactive world from both original and Syndicate Wars? Can you drive land and air vehicles? Is your arsenal comparable to Syndicate Wars's? And most important, is persuadertron still there?

Syndicate and Syndicate Wars are one of my favorite games of all time. I want to know if this game feels like the originals.
No none of that. It's a pretty traditional linear shooter with some neat abilities (like making enemies kill themselves and fight for you and make their guns explode in their hands).

frontieruk

quick question: how do I join the Neogaf PC syndicate...origin name is TheUsual_GAF

You need to of been in a lobby with one of the board members, I'll get around to listing them later today on PC and 360, if Dave wants to drop me a pm about the PS3 syndicate I'll update that as well

Does the graphics get good?

I just started the game and.......yeah......this is the year 2006, right guys?

The bloom masks some pretty ugly texture work and some incredibly simple models. Some lovely lighting here and there though, although mostly because of nice dabs of color. The faces are pretty awful, although for whatever reason Merit has some good animations.

Overall, I enjoyed the visuals, but a great deal of it had to do with the first person animations (and the fact that it looks pretty aight for a console game, I played the campaign through on 360).

Nope, go and play some tech demo like unigine heaven instead.

aisDF.gif

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
http://i.imgur.com/aisDF.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

No burn, dennis thinks he is funny when he goes "derp this game is so ugly that it's ugly", don't buy ugly games. Stick to TW2.

Also yea it looks like a 2006 game because it's ravaged by multiplatform development with 2005 hardware as lowest common denominator.

frontieruk

dsk1210 is my origin username, infact its my username in everything if any wants to invite me.

:)

I think corky, messofanego, therealtrin and myself can add you to the Syndicate but I think you need to of been in a lobby with one of us.

I can't check this info ATM so take it with a pinch of salt.

No burn, dennis thinks he is funny when he goes "derp this game is so ugly that it's ugly", don't buy ugly games. Stick to TW2.

Also yea it looks like a 2006 game because it's ravaged by multiplatform development with 2005 hardware as lowest common denominator.

He should try playing on 360 then going straight to pc, the difference in IQ is huge.

In other news those looking for an in to the 360 Syndicate

/CEO GAFindustries Frontieruk
Board member drifter444
Board member jtrov
Board member Tomakasatnav

Get these guys on your friends list, you can remove them after if you need to keep your fl free as once in the syndicate the game tracks you.

Digital Foundry posted their analysis of Syndicate today. Article here: Syndicate Face-Off

The good news is that the game's multi-platform conversion has been handled well by Starbreeze. The solid frame-rate is remarkable, the lighting model rather impressive, and besides a few hiccups here and there, the visual differences don't impact the gameplay in any way that compromises the fun of the core experience. While graphical quality favours the 360 game with better texture streaming and consistent 720p resolution, this accounts for little in real-world terms during gameplay: all of the stand-out visual features are there on the PS3, the shadowing is better realised, and the implementation of additional surround sound formats is always welcome.

DLC related? Maybe? I would certainly be up for some co op DLC for this game.

I checked some other forums and it seems like the mercenaries are rare random spawns that will drop in on certain levels on expert. Some have encountered them in the first area of the first co-op level if they wait too long before advancing and hacking the gate.

Ezel

Neo Member
Do you guys know how to remove the black bars while playing on PC? I'm using the native resolution of my monitor 1680x1050 but...

frontieruk

XWC_USETHEBEAST=1

Can someone on pc edit the cfg to change the above line to

XWC_USETHEBEAST=0

It might change the bloom ! I'm unable to test atm

Top Bottom