• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

Haha no, I noticed some swedish descriptions in the beginning and had to keep an eye out for more.

It may be manageable after some upgrading, I noticed that I'm nearly unstoppable on normal now that I have most of the upgrades. I imagine going solo while at a low level would be really challenging though.

i may try co-op again, it was a lot of fun, i like becoming an over powered lone wolf.

Oh shit, Insane co-op is no joke.

You get farted on forcefully and that's the end of you.

Anyone got some good survivability tips? I've been spamming C2C but it can't keep up.

Or should we just level up and finish normal first before testing our testicular fortitude?

WX3

Had to replace my borked 360s today so I was looking for a new title to play with a new system and I chose Syndicate. Boy, am I happy! I only had a couple of hours to experience the game as I need to head to bed but what I have played so far I really enjoyed. I like the punch the weapon sounds have, sounds great cranked up on the surround. Looking forward to getting my ass back into it tomorrow afternoon. I am playing it on Hard difficulty so I hope I can milk a decent amount of time out of the solo campaign. Will be getting my crew together on the coop within the next week or so. Great job with the game guys!

Just finished the campaign. Loved the actual shooty bits.

Worst story in a shooter in a while, and that's saying something.
It feels like an entire chapter is missing. Why, exactly, did your character decide to go against Eurocorp? Because a woman who lied twice to him suggested he do?

What's the deal with Denham?

Why didn't Kilo just bust a cap in the back of Drawl's head as she walked away? That's honestly what I expected/sort of wanted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just finished the campaign. Loved the actual shooty bits.

Worst story in a shooter in a while, and that's saying something.
It feels like an entire chapter is missing. Why, exactly, did your character decide to go against Eurocorp? Because a woman who lied twice to him suggested he do?
he got his memory back about his murdered parents

Just experienced my first two lockups of the game tonight. Fix your shit Starbreeze. I should have known better because I was in party chat but still. Sometimes it's nice to be able to talk to your friends while playing different games.

greenry

I've heard of people going through it all solo, i was enjoying the combat so much i actually considered it myself, but i don't like playing multiplayer games, rarely do with friends, i like lone wolfing., a LOT.

I think you can do the first couple maps solo but it will take a lot of time and be incredibly difficult. Once you get to Atlantic Accelerator and the four agents at the end, forget it. You can't put out enough damage by yourself before an agent is healed up full.

Really do just jump into a random game and play some co-op. It is one of those games where you don't have to communicate. People just know what to do and when.

Minion101

Banned
I had a lot of fun with the campaign. Although pretty short. I loved the world. The story I didn't follow cause I kind of zoned out when people were talking. If you have a home theater setup I would not ignore this game.

he got his memory back about his murdered parents

Right, I get that, but it still feels like a huge leap because
we don't know who his parents are, why Eurocorp would be interested in him, and most hilariously, why Denham would wear a suit and tie to a black ops operation murder-napping.

Also, why does your character make a hilarious "noooo!" motion after killing Graveltron Mcbadass?

kami_sama

I thought his parents were against the syndicate, and when Denham murdered them he got his memories erased and started training.

Animator

This is the worst game thanks to the bloom. I get a migraine like 30 minutes in every time I start playing. I wish there was a way to disable the bloom :(

JambiBum

So has anyone else had problems with achievements not unlocking? Specifically the ones for completing chapters 12-15 and the boss where you have to kill him before you kill his minions. It happened to me and a friend.

ctrayne

Right, I get that, but it still feels like a huge leap because we don't know who his parents are, why Eurocorp would be interested in him, and most hilariously, why Denham would wear a suit and tie to a black ops operation murder-napping.
Yeah, the suit and lack of age difference on his model is goofy.
There's a great plot in there - but it needed way more time in the oven and a lot more fleshing out.

Also, why does your character make a hilarious "noooo!" motion after killing Graveltron Mcbadass?

Meh, it was fine. It's not even "noooo!" He just covers his face with his hands.

I think you can do the first couple maps solo but it will take a lot of time and be incredibly difficult. Once you get to Atlantic Accelerator and the four agents at the end, forget it. You can't put out enough damage by yourself before an agent is healed up full.

Really do just jump into a random game and play some co-op. It is one of those games where you don't have to communicate. People just know what to do and when.

People have done the whole Co-op Campaign solo on hard, but i'm no where near that leet, i JUST passed the first mission ( i started at 12:45 central and I'm JUST finished killing mini gun Boss.. and the sense of accomplishment..man..i had THE GLOW..i beat the first boss in single player a while back and felt nothing at all.. i'm going to miss Rosaria with her fine self talking to me, but i intend to Solo co-op all the way. i'm going through the first mission AGAIN, this time slightly powered up. Purchase: Justified.

Right, I get that, but it still feels like a huge leap because
we don't know who his parents are, why Eurocorp would be interested in him, and most hilariously, why Denham would wear a suit and tie to a black ops operation murder-napping.

It's explained in a data log that Kilo was grabbed because he happened to have good genes, which would make him survive the transformation into an agent. It also mentions how Eurocorp was initially just grabbing people from the down-zone, but the failure rate was too high because they didn't find people with proper genes. That led to them starting to look for suitable children among the upper classes also. I think most of the story is pretty poorly explained in-game, why Cayman-Global assaults Eurocorp is also hard to understand without reading the logs.

JambiBum

My achievements actually came up. Just two chapters later. Lol.

Beat the game on hard. Didn't really have a problem with the final boss at all. Spoilers for how I handled it.

I had the laser rifle, so maybe that's why I didn't have a hard time, but, as soon as they spawned I shot him down with the rifle, and then took out his minions pretty easily. Moved in and out of cover as needed. Once he came back up I would just break his armor and then use the laser rifle to get his health down. Eventually ran out of ammo with the rifle so I just resorted to using the grenade launcher on the tar to finish him off.

Sephon

so this store is legit? are there any regional restrictions?

As far as I know, got the code after 5 minutes after purchase and I'm playing it through origin now too.
Also got the extra code for golden items/tingies, which I don't care about but I don't mind it either.

I'm Swedish and I didn't have any problems, so it should at least work in all of Europe.

frontieruk

is it just me... or is the text font for menus super blurry on pc, like it's lower res or something?

try opening the console and type fontscale 50 it changes the font throughout the game so check ingame as well or you'll make the hud worse.

looking for some peeps to play co-op with on 360

GT: The Visualizer

added you to OT want a GAF syndicate invite?

This is the worst game thanks to the bloom. I get a migraine like 30 minutes in every time I start playing. I wish there was a way to disable the bloom :(

people are trying to get rid of it, and sort FOV.

Oh and added philcabinet to the OT as well

Origin: Messofanego

What a surprise, my laptop can run this really well! Like max settings AND vysnc on, on ATI mobility 5650, easily above 30fps.

have you entered coop yet? as i cant add you as a friend in game :-/ in fact origin says you don't have the game...

frontieruk

1P0wF.png

frontieruk

Why? I don't see anything wrong with the picture.
Can I add members to the syndicate?

Yes, yes you can, you have to select their name and press tab to send an invite, if the key prompt doesn't appear get into a lobby with them and it'll work.

I keep forgetting that the rank doesn't show, we're ranked 278 now

kami_sama

Yes, yes you can, you have to select their name and press tab to send an invite, if the key prompt doesn't appear get into a lobby with them and it'll work.

I keep forgetting that the rank doesn't show, we're ranked 278 now

Well, yesterday we were in the three hundreds, so we have gotten better.

Edit: Just added messofanego to the syndicate.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
The Co-op for this game is AWESOMEEEE!!!! Since launch day on Tuesday, I've played an average of 4-5 hours a day. What makes this game fun is that one can jump into a random game and everyone will still be on the same page. Also, this game relies heavily on teamwork so if you're playing with 3 knucklehead you can forget about it! The toughest map by far on Co-op is New England with the difficulty set on Expert.
Mini gun dude and Flame thrower dude in the same small ass room =AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

so this store is legit? are there any regional restrictions?

As far as I know, got the code after 5 minutes after purchase and I'm playing it through origin now too.
Also got the extra code for golden items/tingies, which I don't care about but I don't mind it either.

I'm Swedish and I didn't have any problems, so it should at least work in all of Europe.

Same here, Just got my code ten minutes after buying. In the U.K by the way.

Just started this last night, but I have a hard time playing very long. The blurry picture actually makes my eyes start to water if I look at the game too long. (no sliders on the 360 version to futz with that I can find)

Cj70

Bought this off the Origin UK store last night. It has appeared on my game list but shows unreleased and I can't download it. They didn't send a confirmation email either.

Support has been useless so far all they have been able to advise is re install origin <_<

Not had this issue with Origin before.

I wanna playyy :(

Megasoum

Banned
So, anybody found a way to reduce the bloom? I'm not the kind of guy who's really picky for that stuff normally but this is just too much in that game! I'm trying to play the singleplayer and I can't see shit because I have white walls of light/bloom everywhere around me lol.

frontieruk

Bought this off the Origin UK store last night. It has appeared on my game list but shows unreleased and I can't download it. They didn't send a confirmation email either.

Support has been useless so far all they have been able to advise is re install origin <_<

Not had this issue with Origin before.

I wanna playyy :(

Tried the proxy trick and going through a is proxy?

triggaz

Banned
How do you going syndicates can u search them or do you have to be invited? If I need to be invited GT on live is Drunken Triggaz

Hejdlond

Finished the SP campaign last night on PC. I'd give it 3/5, haven't tried co-op yet.

Pros:
Great weapon sounds.

Dart overlay.

Breach mechanics.

Cons:
Headshots seem wonky, you hit them once and they stumble (or do a barrel roll). While they do, they seem invincible until they get back to normal. On Hard ordinary enemies require 3 headshots. Was the same in the Riddick games (and maybe The Darkness as well?). Might be a design choice since I guess it would be kind of easy to just activate dart overlay and pick 'em off one by one with headshots. Maybe it only works with the sniper rifle.

BLOOM.

Weapons take up too much screen space.

Annoying to have to mash the Use button to open doors, hatches etc.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
So is anyone having trouble with the game freezing for ~5 seconds at a time in coop? I'm on PSN; it was fine the first couple of nights, but seemingly since I joined the syndicate it's started doing this. Like every time it autosaves during the match. Infuriating.

Top Bottom