• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syria: 100 killed as bomb hits buses with evacuees, women and children

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 100 people were killed Saturday in a car bomb explosion targeting pro-regime evacuees leaving besieged Syrian towns, a volunteer rescue agency said.

The blast, which struck buses of people who were leaving their towns as part of a rebel-regime swap, also injured 55 others in Rashidin, a suburb of Aleppo in northwestern Syria, according to Syria Civil Defense, also known the White Helmets

The evacuees, from the mainly pro-regime Shia villages of Al-Fu'ah and Kafriya, were bound for regime-held parts of Aleppo.

The explosives-rigged car had been packed with children's food supplies, perhaps to disguise it, a correspondent with SANA reported.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/15/middleeast/syria-evacuations-bombing/

"Bodies lying on the side of the road, children among them" - BBC Arab affairs editor Sebastian Usher

It happened when a vehicle loaded with food arrived and started distributing crisps, attracting many children, before exploding, the BBC's Middle East correspondent Lina Sinjab said.

At least 68 children killed

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39613313

Shredderi

Jesus christ. I mean, I guess I'm not surprised anymore at this point but whenever I close my eyes and try to really imagine the amount of lives lost in these attacks it's a feeling that is hard to describe, yet you all know it.

Garruson

Awful news, hate seeing stuff like this every day.

Probably not the best place to mention it also, but I feel it relevant for the people whom died in the attacks, why is it highlighted women and children included? No men? Or men don't matter as much if they die? I find the title incredibly insulting to any men that may have died in the horrible attack...

sazzy

You feel shitty doing it, but its gotten really hard to not just gloss over news from Syria at this point.

ColdPizza

Banned
People can't even evacuate without being attacked. What a world.

Just saw the last photo above. NSFL. This is hell on earth. Hugging my kids now.

Mohonky

I cant fathom what seeing this stuff does to a person. Images dont really shock me due to the sort of disconnect there is, but in person? i couldnt even look in that direction or be in the area....the smell would be horrendous.

How does one even process that?

What an absolute shit show.

DrSlek

What kind of monstes can look at this carnage and say to themselves "job well done! Yay to us!" Just watched a documentary on concentration camps last night, and I couldn't stop thinking how absolutely insane it is the horrible things humans do to other humans.
They dehumanise their victims by trying to rationalise. It's ok because they would have grown up to become out enemies later, or it's ok because they were Shi'a, or it's ok because they were from a different region to us.

Trickster

Given that Assad through his previous actions have made it clear that he doesn't care much about his own people. Couldn't this have been something orcestrated by his side just as easily as it being the rebels?

I know it veers into conspiracy territory, but given that the situation is syria is a messed up as it is, I really feel like it's not that far fetched.

Given that Assad through his previous actions have made it clear that he doesn't care much about his own people. Couldn't this have been something orcestrated by his side just as easily as it being the rebels?

I know it veers into conspiracy territory, but given that the situation is syria is a messed up as it is, I really feel like it's not that far fetched.

Yeah.... no

boiled goose

good with gravy
What kind of monstes can look at this carnage and say to themselves "job well done! Yay to us!" Just watched a documentary on concentration camps last night, and I couldn't stop thinking how absolutely insane it is the horrible things humans do to other humans.

A legit concern.

What do you think conventional bombs do?

It's important to look at these images do understand what terrorism and war look like.

Why not? This is the guy who uses chemical weapons on his own people, dude doesn't seem to care

What was done today by ISIS or whatever copycat group it is, has been mercilessly done to innocent Syrians, like this event, for years since this all started in 2011

Assad is the lesser evil in this situation

Why not? This is the guy who uses chemical weapons on his own people, dude doesn't seem to care

Many of the rebels are sided, or joined with, Al Nusra (I think its called Al Jabhat now?) the Syrian wing of Al Queda. They are not the good guys. Rojavan forces are the most clean though they too are tied to the PKK. Pershmerga are tied to the Barzani gov't which may or may not be incredibly corrupt and awful.

Assad is a secular dictator whose atrocious actions would bring him torture in a just world. This is not a just world.

Quixzlizx

That's disgusting. RIP.

What was done today by ISIS or whatever copycat group it is, has been mercilessly done to innocent Syrians, like this event, for years since this all started in 2011

Assad is the lesser evil in this situation

Pretty gross to use an event where innocent civilians are killed to stan for Assad, though. No self-awareness there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom