• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syria: 100 killed as bomb hits buses with evacuees, women and children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Measley

Obama was right to try to keep us out of that madness.

Best we can do as a country is to allow refugees into the US to escape the carnage until the war is over. Something that the Trump administration isn't allowing.

What was done today by ISIS or whatever copycat group it is, has been mercilessly done to innocent Syrians, like this event, for years since this all started in 2011

Assad is the lesser evil in this situation

Assad has killed far more children. Don't use these horrible people to make Assad look any better when he has viciously targeted hospitals and schools

People will see the images above and keep on living ignoring the incredible amount of human suffering that Syria and the whole region is going through. I can't even imagine what sort of mental gymnastics does it take to justify this atrocity, but I know people who are watching from the distance have some responsibility to the future generations when they look back.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What was done today by ISIS or whatever copycat group it is, has been mercilessly done to innocent Syrians, like this event, for years since this all started in 2011

Assad is the lesser evil in this situation

The lesser evil that used chemical weapons to kill his own people.

I think this is where you can say both sides are terrible.

Assad used chemical weapons, horrific, who is denying that? But good old fashion bombs like this are equally brutal, I'm not getting into which is the better way to drop bombs on innocents

To say Assad should fall is literally taking the position of saying ISIS should be in control

The lesser evil that used chemical weapons to kill his own people.

I think this is where you can say both sides are terrible.

Which is what I have said in this thread

Yamauchi

Banned
Just a guess, but this sounds like something JAA would do. Scum.

Hopefully the rest of the evacuees will arrive safely in government held regions.

weekev

Banned
Evil vs evil

I don't think outside military intervention is gonna solve anything. The Western worlds primary focus on Syria should be getting folks the fuck outta there. This is horrific.

Another video of the area NSFW

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/853267079092461568/pu/vid/1280x720/RpNS8iYD07Is80n_.mp4

Some evacuees that made it to goverment held territory talk.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/853320478299222016/pu/vid/1280x720/ihVCs_p9XVGdK3I3.mp4

Russian military police are now protecting the remaining buses with the people being evacuated

C9es-XsUAAAGRWO.jpg

You can see some of them are all fucked up

C9etA9gUwAAc5H8.jpg

Syrian Arab Red Crescent (goverment) and White Helmets (rebels) work together in the area , sadly NSFW because is a small silver lining

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9eRvK-XcAUtpOc.jpg

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
How do you guys sleep at night after reading this kind of news...this is just too tragic and depressing. fuck this is heartbreaking

Disxo

How do you guys sleep at night after reading this kind of news...this is just too tragic and depressing. fuck this is heartbreaking
You just dont feel anything (or little) after a while. Edit: I mean, you get used to seeing these news and pics.
Such is life.

It's weird, and I was thinking about this too.

I suppose, like anything bad, "you" (aka anyone) eventually can't stop to think about all the terrible things that happen in the world. If you did, it would paralyze/depress/etc to the point where you'd be miserable all the time.

I imagine even people who seriously desire to make a difference and impact a cause.. can only be so invested in certain things. I feel the world is 'too big' to be emotionally invested in everything, all the time. It sucks, but it's reality.

Seeing those photos and video, seeing the dead children, the man trying to save a child, and failing.. brutal, terrible, painful. It makes me appreciate the everyday crap I take for granted, it makes me hug my kids a little more tightly, and it makes me wish I knew a solution to terrible problems.

Ultimately though, I have to go to sleep, get up the next day and carry on with living. I don't know what to do otherwise.

Ugh.

Lebon14

It's fucking terrible, no argument. But, I believe the fact that we give this country (as much) attention doesn't help anything.

Given that Assad through his previous actions have made it clear that he doesn't care much about his own people. Couldn't this have been something orcestrated by his side just as easily as it being the rebels?

I know it veers into conspiracy territory, but given that the situation is syria is a messed up as it is, I really feel like it's not that far fetched.

Totally could be. He was involved in various similar kind of attack since 2011. Search «daily beast isis assad». The timimg of the attack is certaimly very usefull for Assad. It could also be isis but i dont think that even Al nusra would do something like that.

Rip to the victims.

Sijil

Got to love the hypocrisy tho, yesterday rebels and pro rebel media were calling the residents of those two villages kufars and cancer of Syrian society and now they're trying to spin this around against their enemy as if what happened today is beyond them.

What's worse are the Western Al Qaeda shills trying to portray the "rebels" and Al Qaeda as Humanitarian rescuers, saying shit like "Sunnis rebels saving Shia children" never mind the fact that those children have been under siege and under indiscriminate shelling for the the past two years by those same "rebel" assholes.

Those murderous bastards are living on borrowed time, their time will come sooner or later.

KDR_11k

This is why military intervention in Syria won't work out, no matter who we turn into the new king it's just going to be genocide. There is no good ending to this war.

Abelard

See, this is why I think Assad is the best option right now and we should stop supporting these rebels.

RIP to the victims.

Skyzard

Banned
Fucking horrific ... POS that did this.

The language used is starting to really annoy me too. "pro-regime" "rebels" fuck off with that shit, complete lack of critical thinking just pure state parrots when it comes to international affairs, every damn time.

Given that Assad through his previous actions have made it clear that he doesn't care much about his own people. Couldn't this have been something orcestrated by his side just as easily as it being the rebels?

I know it veers into conspiracy territory, but given that the situation is syria is a messed up as it is, I really feel like it's not that far fetched.

Not really. There is no unified opposition force in Syria any more like at the start of the war, there are multiple rebel groups (and pure terrorist groups) with their own goals and ideologies, there has been attacks like this on evacuation convoys that were driven by sectarian conflict (sunni/shia).

It is why even if Assad had to be defeated, it wouldn't end the conflict.

There's no good answer. I think it's clear that this kind of thing is going to happen and we can't fix it. Maybe we put a lid on it for some time or maybe we make it worse.

I think we aught to consider ourselves fortunate not to allow such evil groups power in many countries.

We can complain about "wage inequality" or "corrupt, greedy corporations" but I'd rather satisfy greedy men and live a peaceful life than be subject to madmen an terrorists fighting each other like this.

This doesnt mean there is no argument for improvement, merely context about the barbaric elements of human nature that we have minimized.

Valhelm

contribute something
Fucking horrific ... POS that did this.

The language used is starting to really annoy me too. "pro-regime" "rebels" fuck off with that shit, complete lack of critical thinking just pure state parrots when it comes to international affairs, every damn time.

Not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Skyzard

Banned
Not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Pro Regime? As opposed to supporting people funded by the US to kill soldiers.

Rebels? What did the media call them in Iraq when they were attacking US forces? Were they also rebels?

Language used by the media tells people how to think and they don't even realise most of the time.

digdug2k

The us has likely killed just as many women and little helpless babies in these wars as Asad. They don't put those numbers up on the tv for you. They say shit about human shields and accidents afterwards so that you'll feel better.

Stop trying to lie to yourself and pretend that it doesn't and isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom