• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

Ahh I see I think I met the 41 because it says More often than not, this unit speaks in support of your decisions, but it wasn't enough. I'll just go with the 61-80 then.

You are a big help as always.

finalozzo said:
whare can i find a lot of octopodes? Now i have a beast tamer and i would like to make an octopodes army.

Where? Most random battles that take place in sewers I think. As I recruited an ark dragon, I think it's approval said something like "this beast purrs like a kitten when your near". I got a good chuckle out of that.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I suck at taming, I can ever tame a dragon or beast or even a reptile :(

I can't even persuade a human to join lol

g35twinturbo said:
I suck at taming, I can ever tame a dragon or beast or even a reptile :(

I can't even persuade a human to join lol

Get their HP as low as possible, and move the unit using tame right next to them to maximize the success chance.

How it die? battery?

Cressida get! Next up that pirate guy and last pumpkin farming.

Will be hard to pick who will be my 12 man group line up though with so many special classes I might have to drop some out. I think I can do without arycelle and Canopus will get his stats raised by food not class grinding.

oracrest

fuck me, the Untrodden Marsh is so hard. It took me about 10 attempts at the battle before it with all the dragons, and now this one throws undead into the mix.

The whole undead reviving/turns it takes to accrue MP to cast exorcism balance is just plain not fun. It makes my healer pretty useless since he just takes care of undead the whole battle.

I guess I'll keep trying until I get a random easy combo of enemies to kill :/

Yaweee

finalozzo said:
whare can i find a lot of octopodes? Now i have a beast tamer and i would like to make an octopodes army.

Chapter 2 aquaduct tunnels, left side of themp. Forgot its name, but usually has 2.

oracrest said:
fuck me, the Untrodden Marsh is so hard. It took me about 10 attempts at the battle before it with all the dragons, and now this one throws undead into the mix.

The whole undead reviving/turns it takes to accrue MP to cast exorcism balance is just plain not fun. It makes my healer pretty useless since he just takes care of undead the whole battle.

I guess I'll keep trying until I get a random easy combo of enemies to kill :/
If you got money to spare buy some exorcism scrolls and then everybody can do it.

oracrest

Crakatak187 said:
If you got money to spare buy some exorcism scrolls and then everybody can do it.

Good call, I didn't think of that. I assumed only characters that could cast the spell could use a scroll for it.

I can't access a store, and I can't leave the local area though, right? I'd have to go back to an early save before I entered the area?

Yaweee

oracrest said:
Good call, I didn't think of that. I assumed only characters that could cast the spell could use a scroll for it.

I can't access a store, and I can't leave the local area though, right? I'd have to go back to an early save before I entered the area?

Is that the wildwoods? You can leave at any time, even during the middle of battle.

careful

Balphon said:
That starts the chaos path, yeah. As for what Vyse does there, it's funny how
depending on what choice you make, he either becomes the "hero" or reveals that he's been barely suppressing psychosis this whole time.

The recruit requirement is 50, but the loyalty quotes go from 41-60 and 61-80, so they're not a great indicator. The loyalty quotes are:

Law:
61-80: This unit often speaks on your behalf to win others to your side.
41-60: More often than not, this unit speaks in support of your decisions.

Neutral:
61-80: This unit looks favorably on your decisions and shares an understanding with you.
41-60: Though not openly discontent, this unit will not speak against those who are.

Chaos:
61-80: This unit is prepared to put aside its own interests in the service of your cause.
41-60: Though not openly discontent, this unit makes no effort to keep counsel with you.

So if your fresh Galgastan has the 41-60 quote, your CF may be high enough. If it has the 61-80 one, it definitely is.
Shit, my fresh Galgastani recruit has "openly speaks against you".
I won't be able to recruit Cressidia won't I..? :(
How can I increase my general Galgastani love?

EDIT:
Oh yeah, in CH4, can I do the Warren Report sidequests
pirate, dead land, Cressidia
after I finish the main story? I just don't want to be too overpowered for the main story missions. I'm about level 15 after the first story battle.

RDreamer

Hmm... this is weird (Chapter 2 spoilers)

I just saved Cistina, and she joined my party. I did one more battle, and she "died" in that one, but I thought like other guests she'd be fine. I just looked and she's not in my party anymore, and the thing under the warren report says "Denam went to her rescue, but she was killed before he could reach her." What? She didn't die...

You can world back to the start of the game and only take out bosses and don't slaughter galgastanis, but you will still have to do the death march. It took me about 2 hours of death march killing 5 of my galgastani noobs with enemy dragons and retreating before I reached the point. Even on my 4th battle I had doubts of recruiting.

careful

RDreamer said:
Hmm... this is weird (Chapter 2 spoilers)

I just saved Cistina, and she joined my party. I did one more battle, and she "died" in that one, but I thought like other guests she'd be fine. I just looked and she's not in my party anymore, and the thing under the warren report says "Denam went to her rescue, but she was killed before he could reach her." What? She didn't die...
If the character turns into a bag instead of teleport stone, then they are gonzo.

careful

Crakatak187 said:
You can world back to the start of the game and only take out bosses and don't slaughter galgastanis, but you will still have to do the death march. It took me about 2 hours of death march killing 5 of my galgastani noobs with enemy dragons and retreating before I reached the point. Even on my 4th battle I had doubts of recruiting.
What's the death march?

RDreamer

careful said:
If the character turns into a bag instead of teleport stone, then they are gonzo.

Well... that sucks, since I overwrote that save not knowing that the stupid computer's wrecklessness would kill her off for good. Oh well. I do wish the warren report was worded differently, because I did save her initially :p

I think you got to let the enemies do it as well. I picked a map with no galgastanis and let unknown fractions do the job so it's guaranteed Chaos frame raise.

careful

Basileus777 said:
Letting units die and constantly reviving them as a way to raise chaos frame.

Crakatak187 said:
I think you got to let the enemies do it as well. I picked a map with no galgastanis and let unknown fractions do the job so it's guaranteed Chaos frame raise.

Hmm... Thanks fellas, I'm not looking forward to that grind, but at least it's better than restarting.

RDreamer said:
Well... that sucks, since I overwrote that save not knowing that the stupid computer's wrecklessness would kill her off for good. Oh well. I do wish the warren report was worded differently, because I did save her initially :p

I haven't tried the WORLD wheel yet, but maybe you can use that to go back?

Here is what I did.

2nd map of the phorampa wildwood. Gather 5 galgastani from shop all at level 1 of a certain class. Set the A.I for all of them to melee. Retreat after all 5 died.

I did it while watching tv.

careful

Crakatak187 said:
Here is what I did.

2nd map of the phorampa wildwood. Gather 5 galgastani from shop all at level 1 of a certain class. Set the A.I for all of them to melee. Retreat after all 5 died.

I did it while watching tv.
Winner.

Gonna give it a try tomorrow.

Aquavelvaman said:
This is the dumbest question but I should ignore the data install option if I downloaded the game off psn right?
I dunno. Even though i downloaded it i installed it just out of principle. It didnt take that long, not sure what it actually did.

On a completely unrelated note, scaling of random battles is so bullshit. I made me an army of newsies, ninjas lvl 6, a cple of griffin lvl 5, a swordmaster lvl 1, dragoon lvl 1, a dumb stupid lvl8 octopus. Enemies got scaled down alright, but not quite down enough. Seemed their lowest level was my top level (most of them were level 8), and then they had random units of higher level. They had a goddamned level 11 dragon for f's sake! None of my units did more that the pity 1pt damage they give you when your weak ass shouldnt be able to make a scratch but they give you 1 pt to make you feel better about yourself!
This is so fucked!

So, in summary, what i get out of this is, i need to have a completely homogeneous level for all chars. And then... what? Do i need to just hope for randomly not-so-hardcore opposition? Is there something else i'm doing wrong?

Fistwell said:
So, in summary, what i get out of this is, i need to have a completely homogeneous level for all chars. And then... what? Do i need to just hope for randomly not-so-hardcore opposition? Is there something else i'm doing wrong?

You could get everyone to around the same level by taking a few classes at a time into random battles with your main army. Or you could just baby sit the lowbie classes with like 3-5 well geared classes.

careful

Fistwell said:
I dunno. Even though i downloaded it i installed it just out of principle. It didnt take that long, not sure what it actually did.

On a completely unrelated note, scaling of random battles is so bullshit. I made me an army of newsies, ninjas lvl 6, a cple of griffin lvl 5, a swordmaster lvl 1, dragoon lvl 1, a dumb stupid lvl8 octopus. Enemies got scaled down alright, but not quite down enough. Seemed their lowest level was my top level (most of them were level 8), and then they had random units of higher level. They had a goddamned level 11 dragon for f's sake! None of my units did more that the pity 1pt damage they give you when your weak ass shouldnt be able to make a scratch but they give you 1 pt to make you feel better about yourself!
This is so fucked!

I believe Tynemount Hill whetever it's called has a level cap of 1 for enemies, so if you bring a whole gang of level 1 dudes in there, the enemies will also be level 1 (they'll essentially match the highest level of your dudes).

chris-013

I just recruit an archer with crossbow rank 2... the aoe finisher blow is very good !
I'm now in the wild woods taming gryphons. ^^

The haste spell is very powerful on vartan.
Canopus with bow + another vartan with crossbow + haste buff can can kill anything in cloth/leather very fast. ^^

Chairhome

Sorry to ask this as its probably been answered somewhere in this thread: Is the US ISO patched now? And no need to data install when running off stick, right? I'm finally getting this game through Goozex :-D

i think i'm close to finishing chapter 2, this game is very addicting. the hardest parts are when you have to save a particular person. i can't let them die, it's just too sad.

RS4-

Just hit chapter 4 chaos, I can't reliably deal with golems and dragons since I only roll with one hammer terror knight; so I'm stuck petrifying what I can't damage with magic and just destroying anything that isn't related to them.

creid

Finished the game last night, took the law path. Question about the ending:

At the very end, you see a ship departing for Xenobia with 3 people: Warren, Lanselot, and someone with long blue hair. Who's the 3rd person?

duckroll

Aquavelvaman said:
This is the dumbest question but I should ignore the data install option if I downloaded the game off psn right?

Honestly I don't know why anyone would even use the data install option. I'm playing it off the UMD on a PSP-1000 without installing it, and there is basically no loading. It's amazing.

duckroll said:
Honestly I don't know why anyone would even use the data install option. I'm playing it off the UMD on a PSP-1000 without installing it, and there is basically no loading. It's amazing.
Yeah, after playing a few hours I've noticed that the game runs through battles and interface commands very quickly. It has the nice snappy handheld experience that you always wish the PSP had more of.

duckroll said:
Minimize UMD usage for longer battery life, at least thats why I installed. The UMD is basically left untouched after installed.

Peff

UMD caching also seems to help with loading. Reloading a quick save doesn't even show the loading screen on a 3000, but it's fast no matter the model. If only they could patch War of the Lions...

oracrest

still stuck on untrodden marsh, but making some sort of progress. I have my knight using his healing, and i'm having my priest and mage eat magic leaves like crazy in the beginning. Still haven't made it all the way to the end of the battle though, someone usually falls, and times out before the end. Getting closer though. I hope something important is beyond this stage.

Yaweee

oracrest said:
still stuck on untrodden marsh, but making some sort of progress. I have my knight using his healing, and i'm having my priest and mage eat magic leaves like crazy in the beginning. Still haven't made it all the way to the end of the battle though, someone usually falls, and times out before the end. Getting closer though. I hope something important is beyond this stage.

There isn't. It's a completely optional area. In later chapters you can stand some chance of getting good stuff, but not where you are now, unless you're taking the opportunity to recruit awesome classes and monsters.

finalozzo said:
mh, too late, i am at chapter 3.

Random battles there will still have Octopi and Golems.

Minsc

Gold Member
Peff said:
If only they could patch War of the Lions...

They can, when it releases on iOS in the next few months! It'd take a miracle I think, but it'd be amazing if they did it.

Yaweee

Minsc said:
They can, when it releases on iOS in the next few months! It'd take a miracle I think, but it'd be amazing if they did it.

If only Japanese developers believed in making fundamental patches to games. Oh, gaming would be so much better =(

chapter 2,
i just killed that old female mage in an amazingly close battle. i was chasing her into a corner while basically all my units died except denam and canopus. i managed to cast quickness on them before my healer died. denam was down to 20 HP with enemies swarming around him, while canopus send that arrow flying above the hordes and hitting her with a snappy blow. that was some thrilling, satisfying shit.

jiggle

ch4
why are there so many DD mage characters in ch 4?
had to use a generic all this time
and all the sudden they threw like 4 at me
i'm at a loss on what to do with them
i already have 2 healers
and i rarely even use 1 nuker, if any at all

is princess supposed to be good? like ogre battle good?

deneb is such a disappointment
all that work and nothing special

Jerk

Banned
Jesus, my Archers and Dragoons are so much further than the rest of my units it is not funny.

I cannot get myself to stop using them though :(

Also, why is
Olivya
so damn useless?

Yaweee

jiggle said:
ch4
why are there so many DD mage characters in ch 4?
had to use a generic all this time
and all the sudden they threw like 4 at me
i'm at a loss on what to do with them
i already have 2 healers
and i rarely even use 1 nuker, if any at all

is princess supposed to be good? like ogre battle good?

deneb is such a disappointment
all that work and nothing special

1) The game is much better balanced than the original, so things like Princess and Dragon Magic, while good, aren't what they used to be.

2) There's a bunch of everything in chapter 4. Mages get to be very useful when you fight bonus battles with tons of monsters. You can always kill off your generics for some skill transfers, but their starting skill sets should be pretty good.

3) Normal Deneb is a waste, Wicce Deneb is supposedly pretty good, and recruiting her as a Wicce (which is retardedly tedious) lets you buy Marks for the various unique classes.

Top Bottom