• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

duckroll

Yaweee said:
You're simply way underleveled in a mission that is "critical condition both leaders". What level are you, exactly? Golems and Octopi are, as usual, best bang for your level in terms of tanking in, throwing shit, and owning face with AoE attacks, but how many of each do you have?

I think my archers are the highest level class, at 19. The gryphons are at lvl18 iirc. Knights at lvl18 as well, warriors at lvl17. I have a bunch of dragons at retarded low levels ranging from 4 to 9. I don't have any other monsters. Swordmasters are only lvl9 too, since I have to bring Hobyrim into the battle.

Yaweee

duckroll said:
I think my archers are the highest level class, at 19. The gryphons are at lvl18 iirc. Knights at lvl18 as well, warriors at lvl17. I have a bunch of dragons at retarded low levels ranging from 4 to 9. I don't have any other monsters. Swordmasters are only lvl9 too, since I have to bring Hobyrim into the battle.

My recommendation:

Bring a group of only archers to the first 2 random battle areas (North, West of Almorika). They'll gain about a level per 5 minute battle. Get them up to 21, and maybe do the same with the gryphons. Their range will help tremendously in that fight.

duckroll

Yaweee said:
My recommendation:

Bring a group of only archers to the first 2 random battle areas (North, West of Almorika). They'll gain about a level per 5 minute battle. Get them up to 21, and maybe do the same with the gryphons. Their range will help tremendously in that fight.

If they go up to lvl21, will they automatically start doing actual meaningful damage against the templars? The problem is that at lvl18, the gryphons were basically useless against the templars, which is the real problem. Some templars would take 1 damage if hit by a boulder, some would take 30 damage but there's an accuracy chance of like 30% or something. It's really bullshit. There are so many of them, and they can heal each other, cast spells, shoot arrows. The entire battle feels like one crapfest!

Yaweee

duckroll said:
If they go up to lvl21, will they automatically start doing actual meaningful damage against the templars? The problem is that at lvl18, the gryphons were basically useless against the templars, which is the real problem. Some templars would take 1 damage if hit by a boulder, some would take 30 damage but there's an accuracy chance of like 30% or something. It's really bullshit. There are so many of them, and they can heal each other, cast spells, shoot arrows. The entire battle feels like one crapfest!

3 levels can make a huge difference in terms of damage output. Make sure the weather is good, and that you're on tiles with good accuracy stats. With that much ranged power, you should be able to do it as long as She doesn't ransack your front lines (not sure how well your tanks are taking the hits).

Yaweee said:
It all seems like a gargantuan pain in the ass. Path favoritism in bonus content has always struck me as incredibly stupid. It was dumb in Raidou 2, that made you play through the Chaos branch TWICE out of the three branches in order to fight a bonus boss and get some extra scenes, but this actually seems worse.

To be fair, there is a reason for the path favoritism. The last DLC is
pretty much all about Denam, Vyce, and Catiua.
It wouldn't make sense without those characters.

Yaweee

Basileus777 said:
To be fair, there is a reason for the path favoritism. The last DLC is
pretty much all about Denam, Vyce, and Catiua.
It wouldn't make sense without those characters.

Yeah, I understand that aspect, but why do the flags have to be based on their status in the Warren Report, rather than just having them in your party? Doing the latter would be far more conducive to the WORLD system actually working as a means of exploring all possibilities. Instead it (and the massive Palace of the Dead completion flag cock-up) add some really weird dependence that undermines what could have potentially been the game's most pioneering innovation.

It keeps track of Deneb's sidequest progress with WORLD. It should have kept character "alive" flags and the PoD flag statuses as well. Treat them as gameplay markers rather than story markers.

Yaweee said:
Yeah, I understand that aspect, but why do the flags have to be based on their status in the Warren Report, rather than just having them in your party? Doing the latter would be far more conducive to the WORLD system actually working as a means of exploring all possibilities. Instead it (and the massive Palace of the Dead completion flag cock-up) add some really weird dependence that undermines what could have potentially been the game's most pioneering innovation.

It keeps track of Deneb's sidequest progress with WORLD. It should have kept character "alive" flags and the PoD flag statuses as well. Treat them as gameplay markers rather than story markers.

I absolutely agree about the Palace of the Dead. I had to go through the damn thing twice without using the guides. And I agree that they probabaly should have had an alternate DLC
ending without Vyce.

But I understand why they did it that way with the warren report and story characters. It just wouldn't make any sense for say
Vyce to be taking a leadership position postgame on a route where everyone thinks he was an evil dude who got killed/executed.
In most situations, the way it is now is fine, you can get and use those characters, but it doesn't make the plot a complete mess by having them alive or in the ending when it makes zero sense. Deneb's presence is plot and route neutral, so it's not really the same.

Jerk

Banned
Anyone know where I can find a list of which class can lean which skill? The google doc is helpful, but is incomplete.

duckroll

Yaweee said:
3 levels can make a huge difference in terms of damage output. Make sure the weather is good, and that you're on tiles with good accuracy stats. With that much ranged power, you should be able to do it as long as She doesn't ransack your front lines (not sure how well your tanks are taking the hits).

OMG! My archers and gryphons are unstoppable now! I leveled them to 22 each (it was pretty easy, and really quick), and I went back to that mission and demolished it. Lol. Upgrading some skills and equipping rings on everyone made them even stronger too. I'm tempted to... recruit more gryphons now just to make it more hilarious. :(

Yaweee

duckroll said:
OMG! My archers and gryphons are unstoppable now! I leveled them to 22 each (it was pretty easy, and really quick), and I went back to that mission and demolished it. Lol. Upgrading some skills and equipping rings on everyone made them even stronger too. I'm tempted to... recruit more gryphons now just to make it more hilarious. :(

Yeah, up to date gear is super important. It's also worth noting that monsters, having no real gear, just gain almost all of that from level alone, which is why hurting higher level dragons etc. is so damn hard.

You'll get two plot-related (and awesomely named) Warren Report gryphons whenever you get Ganb.

Got Ravness.

Looks like my old Rune Fencer is now the most useless person ever, seeing as Ravness can actually deal notable damage.

creid

Are the fights in the coda scaled to your level, or at a fixed level?
Tried the first fight. After getting my 3 guys smacked around by 15 level 25's for half a turn I turned the game off :(

creid said:
Are the fights in the coda scaled to your level, or at a fixed level?
Tried the first fight. After getting my 3 guys smacked around by 15 level 25's for half a turn I turned the game off :(

They are scaled to your level, with certain fights having a minimum enemy level.

creid

Basileus777 said:
They are scaled to your level, with certain fights having a minimum enemy level.
Damn. If I ever go back to TO I guess I'll have to grind up
whichever Holy Knight they make you use for that fight

Minsc

Gold Member
400pg strategy guide from Amazon is finally on the way. Hopefully it ends up being worth the $12. I saw a few people mention getting lucky and grabbing them from Gamestops, etc, but never saw anyone mention how they looked/thought of them.

Crakatak187 said:
Nope he isn't.

Azelstan the pirate can use it as well! Vyce and Denam can be buccaneers as well!

Don't forget Canopus, he can be a Buccaneer. He's kind of gimped as one though unless you use body swap + scavenge to give him fusils or double attack.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Got Ravness.

Looks like my old Rune Fencer is now the most useless person ever, seeing as Ravness can actually deal notable damage.

You still have a Rune fencer?

Finalow

i won the battle
inside the volcano (god, very difficult =|)
, chapter 3, but i haven't any guest. Actually from chapter 2 i haven't any guest. Why =|

He's easily the best looking character in the game. He is definitely going to be in my main line up. I just got him recently.

Basileus777 said:
Don't forget Canopus, he can be a Buccaneer. He's kind of gimped as one though unless you use body swap + scavenge to give him fusils or double attack.
Oh yeah forgot canopus. I need to get some buccaneer marks about 6 of them. I'm going to train a thief for that then.

Finalow

Basileus777 said:
canopus is awesome, he saved my life a lot of times. Without him i would lose a loads of battles.

JKTrix

Minsc said:
400pg strategy guide from Amazon is finally on the way. Hopefully it ends up being worth the $12. I saw a few people mention getting lucky and grabbing them from Gamestops, etc, but never saw anyone mention how they looked/thought of them.
I was in a Gamestop in Rhode Island yesterday and saw the guides, almost picked one up. Decided not to, since Amazon already told me they'd be sending mine soon and it's much cheaper from there. Got my shipping confirmation earlier today. The guides are definitely out in the wild now.

finalozzo said:
i won the battle
inside the volcano (god, very difficult =|)
, chapter 3, but i haven't any guest. Actually from chapter 2 i haven't any guest. Why =|

Why would you want units that you can't control?

finalozzo said:
they are added units, they can help and you can still use your six/ten/... units to fight.

Not exactly. They generally compensate for having those guests by giving you a smaller max unit count in those battles. They don't let you use 12 units with guests.

Yaweee said:
How long is the Pirate Cemetary?
Hmm never thought about that. Never went through the whole thing. I'll list some stuff you might ask about it though.
About 3-4 maps to unlock Azelstan and 6-8 for the treasure. I forgot how much for Iuria.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
mandiller said:
Urgh! Tactics Ogre is not on the Australian store update again. Anyone know what is going on?

I don't know what's going on.. I'm kind of pissed. Went out today thinking it'd be in, checked six stores and none had the game. Looked like no one was even stocking psp games anymore.

Was really looking forward to playing too :( Oh well, gonna buy it online.

Crakatak187 said:
Hmm never thought about that. Never went through the whole thing. I'll list some stuff you might ask about it though.
About 3-4 maps to unlock Azelstan and 6-8 for the treasure. I forgot how much for Iuria.
Iuria is the same distance as the treasure. You just go to a different final map.

I can't remember how long the whole thing is either. Not terribly long even compared to San Bronsa.

After going through Palace of the dead Pirate's cemetery seems like a joke. At first I crapped my pants at how long it was. I haven't touched the others yet. Will soon. I need to do the shrine quest.

Yaweee

I screwed up Azelstan somewhere (the second fight never triggered for me, but I did get the second scene with him and the cemetery unlocked). I've heard you can recruit a Lich there, which I would like to do before WORLDing back to Chapter 1.

You can recruit a lich there. There is a battle with 2 of them when I went there. One male and one female. I rather make my own characters lichs since I ignore generics.

Apparently Liches don't count as undead anymore, so anyone can become one, even unique characters and Denam. I'd make
Bayin
a Lich, but I wouldn't use him over
Astromaner Warren, Wicce Deneb, or Priest Catiua anyway.
Divine Knights have to be generics though, thankfully you can recruit one of each gender early into San Bronsa.

Yaweee

Crakatak187 said:
You can recruit a lich there. There is a battle with 2 of them when I went there. One male and one female. I rather make my own characters lichs since I ignore generics.

Only generics can become Liches, though. And the process is a pain, and if you want to fill up your Class list, you need a male and a female of each class (otherwise the class icon will only show one, whichever gender you have)

EDIT: Oh, shit, nm.

I just need the book of dead for divine knight. I got the resurrecting item from the pirates treasure. I also got the life elixer from it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone playing this game for the first time tell me what they think of the story? Is it hard to follow, is it interesting?

For reference: hated FF Tactics story. Too confusing and long-winded... I just mashed X through it and enjoyed the combat.

Yaweee

Adam Prime said:
Anyone playing this game for the first time tell me what they think of the story? Is it hard to follow, is it interesting?

For reference: hated FF Tactics story. Too confusing and long-winded... I just mashed X through it and enjoyed the combat.

Did you play WotL or the PSX version? The PSP version (of FFT) is much easier to follow due to the revised script.

You might be confused about the different fractions the game keeps talking about. Fractions like Walister, Galgastani, Bakram, Lodis, and Xenobia.

I was when I started. I was like what the hell are they talking about? I didn't fully get it until the second playthrough.

Yaweee

Crakatak187 said:
You might be confused about the different fractions the game keeps talking about. Fractions like Walister, Galgastani, Bakram, Lodis, and Xenobia.

I was when I started. I was like what the hell are they talking about? I didn't fully get it until the second playthrough.

There is the summary movie if you sit at the title screen that helps a lot. However, it is still likely necessary to browse the Warren Report to get a decent understanding.

Top Bottom