• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

oracrest

Yaweee said:
There isn't. It's a completely optional area. In later chapters you can stand some chance of getting good stuff, but not where you are now, unless you're taking the opportunity to recruit awesome classes and monsters.

Alright, I am out of there then. Just not having fun with these battles.

Yuterald

While time consuming and completely not user friendly, I have been obsessed with the crafting system. I am still on Chapter 4 Chaos with no falls, deaths, or chariot turns. I just saved
Catiua
and the three maps involved with here were ridiculous. I barely pulled off those battles with no falls, etc. I am not taking any more chances for the rest of the Chapter. I've been crafting +1 of every piece of equipment for my characters. To be honest, I find it quite addicting. The payoff from upgraded equipment seems extremely worth it!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Crakatak187 said:
How it die? battery?

Cressida get! Next up that pirate guy and last pumpkin farming.

Will be hard to pick who will be my 12 man group line up though with so many special classes I might have to drop some out. I think I can do without arycelle and Canopus will get his stats raised by food not class grinding.

yeah it was the battery.

I love the save state on psp go when you are low on battery :D

Man last night I had a such an awesome battle. Chapter 2, probably nearing the end. First time I've had a fight with 2 bosses and had to defeat both (
Xapan
and
Rosindra? Witch lady?
).

Due to the shape of the battlefield, my initial plan was to fight totally defensively. Denam as a knight and another knight I have up in front, using rampart aura/phalanx to be a hopefully fairly impenetrable wall, with my other meleers (lizard berserker, rune fencer, and warrior) plugging the gaps just behind them. My two clerics healing, a wizard, and canopus plus female archer lending artillary).

Unfortunately, they have two healers, and it starts to prove difficult to damage them faster than they can heal (LOTS of healing item usage too). Fortunately their melee boss charges, gets knocked back(sideways) by my knight critting him, and breaks through the lines. I say "fortunately" because even though he worked my wizard, he was stranded too far away from the healers and I took him down. My strategy seemed to be working, as I killed a ninja of theirs and one of their other frontline units...

BUT THEN THEY GET REINFORCEMENTS! I didn't even know this could happen, but they start getting a steady stream of "new unit has appeared". Fortunately at this point, the magic using boss gets a little close, so I just completely collapse my defensive formation and charge like mad. I get her down to 11 health before she gets healed back up to 90 something. In the mean time, melee units that couldn't reach her have ignored their knights and beaten the hell out of their casters/healers/archers, confusing their healers on who to focus on. They are beating the hell out of my troops too though, literally at this point all but 3 total units on the battlefield are at < 50 health, and this is including one freshly spawned eagleman.

Then my archer has enough TP for tremendous shot, and she takes out that other boss. It was such an intense experience as my whole strategy changed and the situation seemed to be chaotically spiraling out of control, but I still pulled it off without losing anyone. So awesome I couldn't sleep afterwards, haha.

I've seen a couple of people mention that late chapter 2C battle, and it's worth noting that you only have to kill
the boss mage and not Xapan
, despite what the objectives tell you. He uses an escape stone if you kill the other boss first.

joelseph

platypotamus said:
Man last night I had a such an awesome battle. Chapter 2, probably nearing the end. First time I've had a fight with 2 bosses and had to defeat both (
Xapan
and
Rosindra? Witch lady?
).

Due to the shape of the battlefield, my initial plan was to fight totally defensively. Denam as a knight and another knight I have up in front, using rampart aura/phalanx to be a hopefully fairly impenetrable wall, with my other meleers (lizard berserker, rune fencer, and warrior) plugging the gaps just behind them. My two clerics healing, a wizard, and canopus plus female archer lending artillary).

Unfortunately, they have two healers, and it starts to prove difficult to damage them faster than they can heal (LOTS of healing item usage too). Fortunately their melee boss charges, gets knocked back(sideways) by my knight critting him, and breaks through the lines. I say "fortunately" because even though he worked my wizard, he was stranded too far away from the healers and I took him down. My strategy seemed to be working, as I killed a ninja of theirs and one of their other frontline units...

BUT THEN THEY GET REINFORCEMENTS! I didn't even know this could happen, but they start getting a steady stream of "new unit has appeared". Fortunately at this point, the magic using boss gets a little close, so I just completely collapse my defensive formation and charge like mad. I get her down to 11 health before she gets healed back up to 90 something. In the mean time, melee units that couldn't reach her have ignored their knights and beaten the hell out of their casters/healers/archers, confusing their healers on who to focus on. They are beating the hell out of my troops too though, literally at this point all but 3 total units on the battlefield are at < 50 health, and this is including one freshly spawned eagleman.

Then my archer has enough TP for tremendous shot, and she takes out that other boss. It was such an intense experience as my whole strategy changed and the situation seemed to be chaotically spiraling out of control, but I still pulled it off without losing anyone. So awesome I couldn't sleep afterwards, haha.

Awesome story! This game is good at bringing on those situations, like no other srpg imo.

Basileus777 said:
I've seen a couple of people mention that late chapter 2C battle, and it's worth noting that you only have to kill
, despite what the objectives tell you. He uses an escape stone if you kill the other boss first.

Well, he was a lot easier to take out than she was! He charged well away from those damn healers and she was just hanging out with them in some sort of sick three way of ass kickage.

That is good to know if I have to redo the battle in the world system exploration later though.

STG

ok guys, I hit a Wall

I am in chapter 3 and have to kill some dragons and undead creatures

but that is impossible for me. I can't deal enough damage and I just get killed, over and over

so I guess it would be nice to have some dragoons and/or beast tamer but those classes are all Level1 and because of that useless. and I have no idea how to level them up, every random encounter just destroys those chars

right now I dunno if I even try it again because I have no more ideas how to progress and level some classes

so frustrating :(

Yaweee

STG said:
ok guys, I hit a Wall

but that is impossible for me. I can't deal enough damage and I just get killed, over and over

so I guess it would be nice to have some dragoons and/or beast tamer but those classes are all Level1 and because of that useless. and I have no idea how to level them up, every random encounter just destroys those chars

right now I dunno if I even try it again because I have no more ideas how to progress and level some classes

Is it a mission where the dragons start passive to you? You can get away with just not attacking them, and they won't attack you.

Also, you just need to equip more Hammers to your party members, preferably 2Handed hammers. They do very good against Beasts and Dragons.

STG

Yaweee said:
Is it a mission where the dragons start passive to you? You can get away with just not attacking them, and they won't attack you.

Also, you just need to equip more Hammers to your party members, preferably 2Handed hammers. They do very good against Beasts and Dragons.
my main char has a baldur(?) hammer but the damage output is really not good at all

oracrest

STG said:
my main char has a baldur(?) hammer but the damage output is really not good at all

Are you using draconology skill? Try that, and also, use blocks and counterattacks. I can't tell how many times my wizards and priests have saved themselves by blocking otherwise fatal attacks.

I am taking a break from the story to just level up a dragoon. I wish he wasn't such a nubile infant at an early level. I have to run him all the way to the back and pray no enemies get to him in a battle.

Basileus777 said:

i didn't know that since i don't use guides, but he was pretty much in the way anyway and the smallest problem. the biggest was when you realize that you can't chill in the back and try chasing her down. it was a good fight and i didn't lose anybody by permadeath, otherwise i would have restarted the fight.

Mr. Wonderful said:
So are Warlocks definitively better than Mages?

Warlocks are basically Wizards who can use draconic magic and get some skills dealing with golems. So if you aren't using golems and don't have draconic magic yet, they are pretty much the same as wizards.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
STG said:
ok guys, I hit a Wall

I'm not there yet but I would focus on undead guys and exorcise them THAN try to tame a dragon or 2 :D

Seda

Just got rogue classmarks, training up a new recruit now. I try to have at least one recruit for each class.

Masaki_

Yuterald said:
While time consuming and completely not user friendly, I have been obsessed with the crafting system. I am still on Chapter 4 Chaos with no falls, deaths, or chariot turns. I just saved
Catiua
and the three maps involved with here were ridiculous. I barely pulled off those battles with no falls, etc. I am not taking any more chances for the rest of the Chapter. I've been crafting +1 of every piece of equipment for my characters. To be honest, I find it quite addicting. The payoff from upgraded equipment seems extremely worth it!

I'd love to know where you're getting all your money from.

Also, just beat the Chaos route and I'm thinking of starting a new save file instead of using WORLD in order to experience the Law path battles in their original form. I'm surprised myself at how easy I seem to be able to let go of a 50+ hours save.

Yuterald

Masaki_ said:
I'd love to know where you're getting all your money from.

Also, just beat the Chaos route and I'm thinking of starting a new save file instead of using WORLD in order to experience the Law path battles in their original form. I'm surprised myself at how easy I seem to be able to let go of a 50+ hours save.

It's not expensive to craft items in this game. The base materials needed to upgrade better stuff is dirt cheap. Inferior Ores, textiles, etc. are practically pennies. Run the Wildwoods bottom right path a bunch of times with high level troops to get relevant equipment. I've been selling off all the extra equipment from these runs. You can rake in goth quite fast.

Seda said:
Not including monsters even?

There are 53 classes. Though three of them are
just for Catiua
and there's little reason to have say one golem of every class. But all the special characters make that 50 man limit kind of low.

careful

Ok I did some Galgastani revive/retreat grinding for a few battles, but was bored to tears. Unless there's an easier way, fuck that character
ch.4C Cressidia

Masaki_ said:

It's not a bad idea to do this. Level scaling or no, the game becomes a joke difficulty wise once you bring a high level party back. It's actually why I haven't been playing as much lately, there's little fun in squashing a bunch of enemies that die in one or two attacks and are no real threat at all.

But other than recruiting
Cressida
and seeing the other endings, I'm basically done. And I don't know if it's even worth bothering with maxing chaos frame
for an ending that I've already seen on the PSX version,
especially when Crakatak makes it seem so tedious for doing it for only one clan.

Masaki_

Basileus777 said:
It's not a bad idea to do this. Level scaling or no, the game becomes a joke difficulty wise once you bring a high level party back. It's actually why I haven't been playing as much lately, there's little fun in squashing a bunch of enemies that die in one or two attacks and are no real threat at all.

I never really had any difficulties with the story battles, though, with two exceptions (
Nybeth's first battle and saving Arycelle
). I'm actually the opposite of you right now: other than my 3 strongest characters, I do shit damage to most enemies. I still haven't figured out the game system. Not sure if I absolutely need +1 equipment (and now I have weapons I don't have recipes for), or if I just need to grind weapon skills more.

Also, I finally got a Lich and while it's definitely more powerful than Wizards and Warlocks, I'm still not sure it'll be enough to actually hurt enemies with magic spells. I mean, has anyone here actually done big damage with magic? I mean, seeing how pathetically weak maic spells cast by enemies are, I have little hope for my spellcasters.

Ricker

So I need 8 Canopus`s to do the Ceyra map or what? she runs to the left a bit,i`m way down at the start and don`t even come close to saving her before they all attack her and she`s dead in like 3 turns...

Masaki_ said:
I mean, seeing how pathetically weak maic spells cast by enemies are, I have little hope for my spellcasters.

My spell casters are on par with my melee when attacking non-magical units.

Ricker said:
So I need 8 Canopus`s to do the Ceyra map or what? she runs to the left a bit,i`m way down at the start and don`t even come close to saving her before they all attack her and she`s dead in like 3 turns...

You mean Wingmen? I guess they would help. Gryphons would be nice too.

thefil

I'm on the beginning of chapter two; have I unlocked the crafting system? I went through some menus looking for it and didn't see anything.

Yaweee

The more I read about the post-game content and WORLD systems, the more I just want to give up now. It sounds like the developers just completely fucked up how things work to the point where it adds a tremendous load of tedium to play through to get the "true" ending.

- You must be on the Law path at the time to trigger the events, and WORLDing to do the other paths will change the Warren Report to mark necessary characters as dead, which disables the events until you replay the game again on Law.
- Using the world system resets the flag that marks whether you've beaten Palace of the Dead, which normally enables you to skip 25 floor chunks of it using craftable items.

It all seems like a gargantuan pain in the ass. Path favoritism in bonus content has always struck me as incredibly stupid. It was dumb in Raidou 2, that made you play through the Chaos branch TWICE out of the three branches in order to fight a bonus boss and get some extra scenes, but this actually seems worse.

I feel bad for any Japanese gamers that started on Neutral, found out they couldn't do DLC1 or DLC2, so went through it on Chaos, only to be surprised that DLC3 required Law, making them re-do most of the game and Palace of the Dead.

I'm at Chapter 3, and ugh, I'm trying to get through 'that' battle. Specifically, the one where you have to defeat
Oz
while saving
Cerya

Every time I do the battle, three things happen:
Cerya
walks to the corner of the cliff, after attacking one of the enemies with a weak attack.
2. One of the knights moves to
her
side, blocking off one of
her
escape routes.
Oz
moves to
her
side, and proceeds to attack, taking off half health. This also makes it impossible to go by
her
side.

I can never get my units up in time to apply some sort of potion, because by the time Canopus is in range,
Oz
is already there :mad:

Right now, I've gone back to that forest to try and train against other guys (Story battles are non-scaled to level, right?), and am struggling through the map that has 5 dragons.

Ricker

Fimbulvetr said:
My spell casters are on par with my melee when attacking non-magical units.

You mean Wingmen? I guess they would help. Gryphons would be nice too.

Okay so I can come back later I guess...this is just like the 5th area in chapter one,I don`t have any wingmen`s or Gryphons yet hehe...

ColtraineGF said:
I'm at Chapter 3, and ugh, I'm trying to get through 'that' battle. Specifically, the one where you have to defeat
Oz
while saving
Cerya

Every time I do the battle, three things happen:
Cerya
walks to the corner of the cliff, after attacking one of the enemies with a weak attack.
2. One of the knights moves to
her
side, blocking off one of
her
escape routes.
Oz
moves to
her
side, and proceeds to attack, taking off half health. This also makes it impossible to go by
her
side.

I can never get my units up in time to apply some sort of potion, because by the time Canopus is in range,
Oz
is already there :mad:

Right now, I've gone back to that forest to try and train against other guys (Story battles are non-scaled to level, right?), and am struggling through the map that has 5 dragons.

That`s what I am talking about...how come I get that fight in early chapter 1???

i've tried out the beast tamer and got a gryphon and octopus. i don't know what to think about them yet and if the unit is worth a spot, since i have to make room for beasts as well now. there are just too many classes to choose from.....

Yaweee

Augemitbutter said:
i've tried out the beast tamer and got a gryphon and octopus. i don't know what to think about them yet and if the unit is worth a spot, since i have to make room for beasts as well now. there are just too many classes to choose from.....

Octopi are the best class in the game, IMO. They attack at Archer range, with faster RT, bigger MOV stat, with a more useful Crushing damage types, have almost 1.5x as much HP, and have stronger and cheaper TP moves that attack a bigger range. I genuinely think somebody fucked up a value or two for Poison Rain, it is just that much better than any other TP move I've encountered. They have reduced accuracy, though, so you really need to pay attention to calming the weather and watching the accuracy modifiers on terrain.

duckroll

Okay, I need some help. I totally aced the story battles at Mount Hedon and Banhamuba in Chapter 4, but after that, I tracked Ozma down for the optional recruit battle, and it's like... impossible.

The other guy, Voldis is constantly surrounded by a gazillion Templars, and I can't kill them easily at all. They keep healing him and there isn't much I can do. Arghhhh... :(

Yaweee

duckroll said:
Okay, I need some help. I totally aced the story battles at Mount Hedon and Banhamuba in Chapter 4, but after that, I tracked Ozma down for the optional recruit battle, and it's like... impossible.

The other guy, Voldis is constantly surrounded by a gazillion Templars, and I can't kill them easily at all. They keep healing him and there isn't much I can do. Arghhhh... :(

Yeah, that stuff kind of sucks. Most of the C4 bonus content is scaled to be the same level as the end dungeon, even though it opens up significantly earlier, and is either time sensitive or outright unavailable in the post-game 'Chapter 5' Coda.

And, hey, if you ignore the battle, you get a hilarious scene in your Warren Report. And by hilarious, I mean hilarious only if you like
wheelchairs

=(

Hit chapter 4 and um holy plot overload Batman. Not really overload but the plot movement in those few battles and scene following was heavy. Funny to see and read how the war is seemingly circumstantial from certain view points.

duckroll

Yaweee said:
Yeah, that stuff kind of sucks. Most of the C4 bonus content is scaled to be the same level as the end dungeon, even though it opens up significantly earlier, and is either time sensitive or outright unavailable in the post-game 'Chapter 5' Coda.

And, hey, if you ignore the battle, you get a hilarious scene in your Warren Report. And by hilarious, I mean hilarious only if you like
wheelchairs

=(

So... no hints and tips for me? Only mockery? Is this my fate?! To die alone and unloved on the battlefield because of my lack of preparation? Look me in the eye and tell me you will leave me to die like this! This can't be happening... :((

Yaweee

duckroll said:
So... no hints and tips for me? Only mockery? Is this my fate?! To die alone and unloved on the battlefield because of my lack of preparation? Look me in the eye and tell me you will leave me to die like this! This can't be happening... :((

You're simply way underleveled in a mission that is "critical condition both leaders". What level are you, exactly? Golems and Octopi are, as usual, best bang for your level in terms of tanking in, throwing shit, and owning face with AoE attacks, but how many of each do you have?

Top Bottom