• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

duckroll

Mr. Wonderful said:
How does the Wildwoods work? I've gone in there several times since chapter 1, gotten about three maps in for some quick leveling, and then decided to continue on with the main story/ran out of supplies. Is there a finite number of maps within the Wildwoods? Do you get something special for beating them? Considering going as far as I can right now at the end of Chapter 3 Chaos, and I figured I should know some details.

There is a finite number of maps. The number of maps available depend on which chapter you're in, since they add more as the story progresses. By the end of the game you can definitely complete the "entire" dungeon and clear all the maps, but there is no story event related to it, and it will remain red, so it can be replayed over and over. The "special" things you get is loot. Lots of great loot are found by random drops deep in the bonus dungeons. It's also a good way to recruit/tame units which are otherwise harder to find in random encounters.

Yaweee said:
There are stat distinctions, at least. I don't know how significant it is for Dragons, though; in the case of Golems there are HUGE differences in stats between the different materials.

I know that Arc Dragons are better at ranged attacks than Dark dragons, but other than that I don't really see too significant of a difference between dragons. Especially since there are so many dragon types.

The only reason I'm holding on to Phanes(Arc) and Tantalos(Dark) is that I like their character art better than the other dragons.

duckroll said:
How would you balance a flying dragon class anyway? Seems like total overkill. Maybe if it was really slow or something...

Lower movement. Or perhaps shitty ranged power so you can't have them fly to the top of a cliff and pick people off so easy.

Or maybe they can just have better jump instead of flight.

And to balance it out earth dragons would need better movement or speed as they would be the only one of the four main elemental dragons with no special movement.

Yaweee

Fimbulvetr said:
Also what's this talk about Deneb requiring a lot of dragon recruits?

You need to Auction dragons to get Orbs to appear in the store, then you need to buy 5 of each Orb from Deneb's store.

But that only gets her regular class. To get her unique class, you have to do something even more tedious.

there is a map on way to the temple of the dead full of dragons, a hydra and some juggernauts i believe. i killed the whole map and there was one white dragon (arc?) left, but the fight ended and i didn't get a chance to kill him. what happened here? i'm pretty sure it was a >vanquish all enemies< map.

Jerk

Banned
Yaweee said:
You need to Auction dragons to get Orbs to appear in the store, then you need to buy 5 of each Orb from Deneb's store.

But that only gets her regular class. To get her unique class, you have to do something even more tedious.

If I knew how to get CWcheat to work with 5.50 I would not mind the absurd requirements so much.

As is...

Masaki_

Augemitbutter said:
there is a map on way to the temple of the dead full of dragons, a hydra and some juggernauts i believe. i killed the whole map and there was one white dragon (arc?) left, but the fight ended and i didn't get a chance to kill him. what happened here? i'm pretty sure it was a >vanquish all enemies< map.

That dragon is not an enemy. Notice how he didn't attack you. Also, you can't tame it.

Shuusui

Think I just figured out a way to Automatically raise Loyalty and weapon skills... just got Ravness recruited and made her FULL loyalty and level 8 in spear skill.... in less than an hour...

Totakeke

Shuusui said:
Think I just figured out a way to Automatically raise Loyalty and weapon skills... just got Ravness recruited and made her FULL loyalty and level 8 in spear skill.... in less than an hour...

Brainwashing her?

Also is it me or the enemy units in story battles always have more skills and magic spells than the ones in random/optional encounters?

Shuusui

Totakeke said:
Brainwashing her?

Also is it me or the enemy units in story battles always have more skills and magic spells than the ones in random/optional encounters?
No, by exploiting terrain and the AI. I didn't have to touch the PSP while she became a goddess.

Shuusui said:

I've never enjoyed doing that type of stuff in (S)RPG's. It kinda kills the challenge. It sounds like a pretty cool trick though.

faridmon

Just recieved the game. The Limited Edition is so dissapointing. The Art book sucks and the CD is just 5 (6?) tracks.

Anyway, I have only played it for an hour (since I have a lot og sourseworks to do) The first impression: The UI design is sooooooooooooooooooooo much better than FFT PSP that its not even funny. Damn, the whole package justr look sexy. The menu, HUD, The UI, The overworld map screams high production value. Absolutely loving it. shocked they spended such a close inspection to that area.

faridmon said:
Just recieved the game. The Limited Edition is so dissapointing. The Art book sucks and the CD is just 5 (6?) tracks.

Anyway, I have only played it for an hour (since I have a lot og sourseworks to do) The first impression: The UI design is sooooooooooooooooooooo much better than FFT PSP that its not even funny. Damn, the whole package justr look sexy. The menu, HUD, The UI, The overworld map screams high production value. Absolutely loving it. shocked they spended such a close inspection to that area.

Sorry to hear about the Limited Edition, sounds like they missed a pretty nice opportunity. I totally agree with you about the UI, it is very well done. I felt a little overwhelmed when I first started sifting through all of the menus but I eventually came to really appreciate how well everything is strung together. There is just such a great flow to all of the menus (which goes a long way in a game like this, considering how much time you spend in them).

faridmon

The_Darkest_Red said:
Sorry to hear about the Limited Edition, sounds like they missed a pretty nice opportunity. I totally agree with you about the UI, it is very well done. I felt a little overwhelmed when I first started sifting through all of the menus but I eventually came to really appreciate how well everything is strung together. There is just such a great flow to all of the menus (which goes a long way in a game like this, considering how much time you spend in them).
Yes, it si overwhelming. Totally different feel to the FFT system, which I really got used to (Since i PLayed FFT and FFT A2 till death) but hopefully, everything becomes clearer as I clear more missions. The UIs flow is one of its advantages as it is very fluid and easy on the eye as well. Damn, looks really pretty.

I have a question: when you kill a unit, a poil appears. Is that seperate from the spoils yuou get at the end of the battle? or do I have to get them during the battle?

The cover is awosme though in the Limited eddition, which eases my pain, but man, what an underwhelming package...

faridmon said:
Yes, it si overwhelming. Totally different feel to the FFT system, which I really got used to (Since i PLayed FFT and FFT A2 till death) but hopefully, everything becomes clearer as I clear more missions. The UIs flow is one of its advantages as it is very fluid and easy on the eye as well. Damn, looks really pretty.

I have a question: when you kill a unit, a poil appears. Is that seperate from the spoils yuou get at the end of the battle? or do I have to get them during the battle?

The cover is awosme though in the Limited eddition, which eases my pain, but man, what an underwhelming package...

The loot you get at the end of the battle is from whatever bags are left lying around. You don't have to worry about picking them up during the fight but there is always a chance that an enemy will stop on one and steal it from you. I usually don't bother with them unless it's super convenient for me to get them though, the enemy AI doesn't really seem to go after them too much.

After you put about 5 or so hours in you will appreciate the menu system even more. The only major flaw it has is a lack of a dressing room when you're buying new equipment but I haven't found that to be as big of a deal as I originally thought it would be.

Shuusui

Urban Scholar said:
I know I just asked but could anyone link me or spoiler tag as to what this trick is?
The_Darkest_Red said:
I've never enjoyed doing that type of stuff in (S)RPG's. It kinda kills the challenge. It sounds like a pretty cool trick though.

Going to write it up with pictures when I get home from work. Cant make a video, sadly. Don't think I have the tech... Got Denam up to 1H weapon skill Rank 8 using the exact same method. Dual wield, double attack. Accuracy is at 100% now for almost everything.

Can't wait to get
Ozma
so I can get her dual wielding daggers to exploit her DEX.

Yaweee

platypotamus said:
Does Fey Pact only work on those faeries? I thought it'd get the little Gremlins too, but I couldn't get it to go over 0%.

Press select at the character screen and move over to the portrait to see their races.

Gremlins are Umbra, trainable by Liches, as are Orcs.

Augemitbutter said:
do you guys pick up devil and death tarot cards? i hate the -luck, so i just let them lie there. sometimes you get +luck, but it's very rare.

I never pick them up but I was unaware that they could give you +luck. The five or so times I've gotten one I've taken a huge -luck hit.

Yaweee

The more I play, the more I think Phalanx should have just been removed to the game. Not only is it broken-as-shit, but it isn't fun and enemy bosses that cast it over, and over, and over, and over, are really fucking tedious. That's the story of my WORLD Chaos run. Christ on a stick.

The_Darkest_Red said:
How much time have you guys spent with this game? I just recruited
Haborym
in Chapter 3 and my play time so far is about 27 hours.
I'm at 68 hours in Chapter Four and am waiting until my top 13 are level 22 before taking on the
Hanging Gardens
. I tried it at level 19 and got annihilated. I still haven't had a chance to recruit a Buccaneer/Necromancer/Lich/. I fucking love this game. I think it's better than FFT, which automatically puts it in my Top 3 games of all time.

Jerk

Banned
Yaweee said:
The more I play, the more I think Phalanx should have just been removed to the game. Not only is it broken-as-shit, but it isn't fun and enemy bosses that cast it over, and over, and over, and over, are really fucking tedious. That's the story of my WORLD Chaos run. Christ on a stick.

My only offensive caster (for now he is a Warlock) deals exclusive with status effects. One of the most used is the dark magic one that completely reduces enemy TP.

Jerk 2.0 said:
My only offensive caster (for now he is a Warlock) deals exclusive with status effects. One of the most used is the dark magic one that completely reduces enemy TP.

Speaking of Warlocks. How do you get Draconic magic? I have the skills, but not the spells.

Fimbulvetr said:
Speaking of Warlocks. How do you get Draconic magic? I have the skills, but not the spells.

You can buy it at shops in the Palace of the Dead and find it through drops at the late game sidequests.

i noticed you lose a heart if a character gets knocked into a bottomless pit.

Yaweee said:

it's bad enough when normal enemies do it. waiting while that shit wears off is annoying.

Soulhouf

Yaweee said:
Never hit the character who cast it otherwise it will enable him to gain more TP and cast it again and again. Let him be and concentrate on using dark magic like the one which absorb TP/debuff/status effect waiting for phalanx to be over.

Yaweee

soulhouf said:
Never hit the character who cast it otherwise it will enable him to gain more TP and cast it again and again. Let him be and concentrate on using dark magic like the one which absorb TP/debuff/status effect waiting for phalanx to be over.

Phalanx is so cheap and isn't an "ALL" TP ability. If they have anything more than the initial cost when they cast it, they'll very likely get enough TP to cast it again during their next attack, at least in the post-game. But, yeah, TP drain is definitely the way to go. I was trying Intimidate, but that skill is basically fucking shit due to how bad the Skill Exp is set.

faridmon

The_Darkest_Red said:
The loot you get at the end of the battle is from whatever bags are left lying around. You don't have to worry about picking them up during the fight but there is always a chance that an enemy will stop on one and steal it from you. I usually don't bother with them unless it's super convenient for me to get them though, the enemy AI doesn't really seem to go after them too much.
Cheers.

I am at Krysaro, and Screw that place. I have replayed the battle 4 times all of them making me pissed off. For one, why does the AI run on it own and get killed. and the necromancers are just annoying. I don't remember them being this hard in FFT. anyway, maybe I need another class to deliver a healing? magic attacks.But as it stands, this made me quit the game for good for couple of hours.

krYlon

faridmon said:

Totally agree on the limited edition. The box is made out of low quality material as well. Mine arrived with loads of creases and bends.
Square Enix need to look at what Xseed do with their special editions. At least they give whole CDs, and their packaging is much higher quality.

mistuhcahlos said:
I'm at 68 hours in Chapter Four and am waiting until my top 13 are level 22 before taking on the
Hanging Gardens
. I tried it at level 19 and got annihilated. I still haven't had a chance to recruit a Buccaneer/Necromancer/Lich/. I fucking love this game. I think it's better than FFT, which automatically puts it in my Top 3 games of all time.

Man, 68 hours, that is impressive! I'm actually a little jealous to be honest, I wish I had more time to pour into this game.

I totally agree with you about TO being better than FFT. It's also creeping its way towards being one of my favorite games ever made. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt as impressed and happy from playing a game as I do with TO.

Crakatak187 said:
I should lower mines then. I hate Critical hit.

Not a fan of knockbacks or something? That's the only time critical hits have really bothered me, especially with a Ninja who does it on their first attack of 2.

oracrest

I am really digging the screenshot tool. Although, a lot of good scenes come and go before I can capture them, or have a dialogue bubble pop up.

SS_0001.png

SS_0005.png

SS_0008.png

SS_0009.png

SS_0010.png

SS_0011.png

SS_0014.png

SS_0015.png

SS_0020.png

SS_0016.png

Yaweee

I find it funny that they didn't put a WORLD Anchor Point at the beginning of 3N, undoubtedly to stomp the clearly potential possibility for grinding abuse in its first fight. My first thought after killing the boss in the first two actions were "Hey, I should WORLD this shit"

=)

MSIMagus

Neo Member
Ok so I just beat the game for the first time and was just wondering
who the hell the three people you see just before the "to be continued" sign
were supposed to be. Also were Laneslot and the other Lodisians main charcters in the GBA or some other TO game?

MSIMagus said:
Ok so I just beat the game for the first time and was just wondering
who the hell the three people you see just before the "to be continued" sign
were supposed to be. Also were Laneslot and the other Lodisians main charcters in the GBA or some other TO game?

It was
the three surviving Losloriens escaping the island.

As far as the GBA game...heavy spoilers...
Lanselot Tartaros was the main character of it.

Top Bottom