• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko Drum Master playable in Yakuza 5

1j5jlu.jpg

2nhkxp.jpg

3h7jb6.jpg

43xjcy.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con26y/taiko_yakuza/

Namco Bandai's Taiko Drum Master will appear in Yakuza 5 as a playable arcade unit. You'll be able to select from a handful of songs, including Mappy Ondo, Nijiiro Yumeiro Taikoiro and Shinsekai Yori.

http://andriasang.com/con264/taiko_drum_master_yakuza/

squall23

Next, we find out that every other game that has given music to Taiko will now have their own Taiko mini-game. Imagine Taiko in Monster Hunter! Taiko in Mario!

GhaleonQ

Next, we find out that every other game that has given music to Taiko will now have their own Taiko mini-game. Imagine Taiko in Monster Hunter! Taiko in Mario!

Is it bad that I would tolerate this? Since Taiko Master is already a role-playing game now (gosh, the new one is great), let it be a parner in Paper Mario. It would fit perfectly.

androvsky

That's pretty cool. I wonder if they'll show up in the Sega arcades, or if there will be separate arcades with even more third-party arcade games.

Derrick01

Banned
As long as they make putting in golf better. I'm addicted to it in 4 right now but god damn the putting is so bad. I make Tiger Woods look like a great putter.

The 3DS version is like this? Can you describe it?

The portable Taiko games have had a quest or adventure mode in them that involves travelling around and fighting enemies, RPG style, by playing songs as usual. There's some nice variety including boss battles where the screen is obscured at time making it hard to see notes etc. Makes for a nice change from the usual arcade mode.

It's really cool that they decided to put this in the game, but unfortunately I feel that this is only getting in the way for a western release... best case it will be cut out for licensing reasons, worst case the game won't be released in the west plus...

The Yakuza 5 screen that you can look forward to:

jUEBpj7tta6PZ.jpg

...this.

Please don't let it happen :(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The portable Taiko games have had a quest or adventure mode in them that involves travelling around and fighting enemies, RPG style, by playing songs as usual. There's some nice variety including boss battles where the screen is obscured at time making it hard to see notes etc. Makes for a nice change from the usual arcade mode.
I have the first two released for PSP which I've put tons of hours into.
Did I completely miss this mode?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Would probably make more sense to have a stoge or two of Project Diva playable. Essentially putting in a demo for one of your company's own games as a bonus seems wiser than putting in one for another company's.

Roto13

I really, really thought the headline meant that little drum character would be a playable character, running around Tokyo and messing bitches up.

OMG Aero

Aw man, from the title I thought the little drum guy was actually going to be a playable character and that would have been awesome.

Top Bottom