• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I haven't played in years, I forgot about the
betrayal. I forgot what the cause and effect of her betrayal were. I can understand the hate a little more now. It's a shame that her character design is cute though.

DO NOT SEE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED XILLIA:

Alvin is a betrayal done right. Just saying.

Ties

Banned
I haven't played in years, I forgot about the
betrayal. I forgot what the cause and effect of her betrayal were. I can understand the hate a little more now. It's a shame that her character design is cute though.
The cuteness is a trap, do not let it deceive you.
xI4hg.jpg

This face is the reincarnation of Lucifer.

Well.

She was
directly responsible for Ion's death, when it could of been avoided had she informed the party prior that her parents were being held hostage. Seriously, you have a team that consists of a Seventh Fonist that is capable of singing Yulia's hymns, the Prince of Hod, a Princess, the son of a Duke, and a Colonel. They could of saved your parents.

Not only that, she also is responsible for Arietta not knowing that the Ion she accompanies everywhere is not the Ion that she fell in love with. The last time that Ion had the opportunity to tell Arietta, she interrupted him. Also, she's a damn spy that continually deceived the party in multiple occasions and she dares to bitch at Luke for causing the destruction of Akzeriuth (when I believe she was responsible for even more deaths due to her treacherous treachery). And she is rude as hell to Arietta for no damn reason. By the way, no character development either.

THANK YOU. This was the most jarring thing about Abyss by far and should have been addressed.

Anise lets Ion die when she had options available to her, despite the situation her parents being captured wasn't an excuse in this case due to her circumstances. Anise could have done the following instead:

1. Telling the group to rescue her parents, which consisted of two highly trained soldiers (one of which is legendary for his combat abilities), the princess of Kimlasca, a master swordsman and a man capable of leveling a city singlehandedly.

2. Attacking/Killing Mohs outright, which she could have gotten away with under the circumstances because the frickin' Fon Master was being held hostage and she's his guardian. Ion would have vouched as such. Or even killing him and then going to the neighboring country with her family for asylum where she happens to be personal friends with one of said country's military generals, a nobleman and the effing emperor.

But nope, she lets him die, and that's after being a sell out. She had absolutely no right to even attempt to talk up to Luke for Akzeriuth. And for some magical reason the whole group has a major case of double standards and has NO issues with this. To put this in some perspective, if this had been Tales of Vesperia instead of Tales of the Abyss, Yuri would have killed Anise for what she had done. And she would have had it coming.

after playing evil for a while, I'm thinking to go back to Hard. I can't beat bosses at all in Evil, they hit too hard especially bosses with respawning henchman. is the advantage between evil and hard is merely item drops? are do you get less sp too in hard mode?

oh, and any tips for money?dualizing and selling gems?

bubnbob

Banned
I love all the Tales references this game has. I'm like, "omigosh it's that guy! I've never played your game, and I never will be able to! I LOVE THIS GAME!"

Probably the closest we'll get to a translated Tales of Rebirth, Hearts, Tempest, etc.

Ties

Banned
Callibretto said:
after playing evil for a while, I'm thinking to go back to Hard. I can't beat bosses at all in Evil, they hit too hard especially bosses with respawning henchman. is the advantage between evil and hard is merely item drops? are do you get less sp too in hard mode?
Playing on a harder difficulty increases your Grade count IIRC. Increasing the difficulty also increases the amount of SP earned (assuming that you performed well throughout the battle and didn't use 500 Life bottles or whatever) and the item drops are better.
I love all the Tales references this game has. I'm like, "omigosh it's that guy! I've never played your game, and I never will be able to! I LOVE THIS GAME!"

Probably the closest we'll get to a translated Tales of Rebirth, Hearts, Tempest, etc.
Yuck why would you want Tempest translated.

Hearts still has a chance. Believe in the trademark.

My favorite reference are still the bosses in the final dungeon of the game. They were directly named after Tales games. Blew my mind.
Sooo.... what DLC do you think we're getting this week?
Betting on school costumes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Feel free to nominate someone else. I hate that bitch. And you're forgetting the whole
betrayal deal where she fucks the party over, causes Ion's death, acts like a cunt to Luke, gets re-accepted to the party with no repercussions, acts like a complete bitch to Arietta, etc etc. And I don't want to hear the shit about the fact that she had no choice. She could have fucking told the party, saved her parents, ETC. I fucking hate the cunt.
Oh, and I'm pretty much at the end of the main game, and Asbel still has done nothing to make me dislike him. Dunno where you guys are getting your hate from, but you should save it for douches like Anise from Tales of the Abyss, or that Akzeriuth shit where I wanted to smash the entire party's face in with a rock, except for Luke.
JMvga.png

You guys are great. :)

Curious as to what this was now. The process of dualizing up the chain repeatedly is a bit annoying. Thankfully, the right food combinations makes it relatively painless but it still costs a lot of Gald investment and shards.

Then again, I want to burn through my shitty shards anyway :x
This glitch was in both the Wii and Japanese PS3 versions of the game. Basically, the glitch tricks the game into believing you have 255 of an accessory.

So... get two accessories that can be dualized together like a Poison Check and a Paralysis Check. Buy 2 Poison and 1 Paralysis (actually, it can be any number as long as there's one less than the other it should work).

Equip 1 poison check on a character, and 1 paralysis check on another character. Select the Paralysis Check on the character, and the extra Poison check in the inventory. Try to make 2 of the product via dualization. You'll see that you have 255 poison checks. Exit out of the menu because if you dualize more the game will freeze.

You can keep selling all of the Poison Checks without running out of all of it. 127 at most. Equipping the dualized accessory will return the 255 count to normal. Or selling over 128 of them.

This was an extremely easy way of making money and grinding stamps, so you got high-powered armour and weapons early. If you're on another playthrough or on a platinum run, the duplication glitch certainly proves to be advantageous.

kureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakureakurea

/rebirth
Rebirth's story is garbage, but I thought the character interactions were alright.

Doesn't stop Kureaaaaaaaaaa from being hilarious, though.

No one wants Tempest. Trust me.

bubnbob

Banned
I don't know why I would want Tempest translated. I've never played it to formulate an opinion! But thanks to this game I can experience it first hand! Namco looks out for fans like me.

Yuterald

It's really not. Asbel is the same character only even more pathetic than Edge, Cheria is Reimi with red hair, Sophie is identical to Lymle* only ToG saw fit to put their underage girl in tights instead of a dress, and Pascal has the exact same personality as the girl in the Item Creation room. The only advantage Tales of Graces has over Star Ocean 4 in terms of the quality of its cast is that there are fewer characters. Except that the characters talk a lot more than they did in Star Ocean 4, and you have to actually pay some attention to them to know what's going on, instead of being able to skip cutscenes and get a text summary, so even that is sort of a wash.

I'd have to agree this for the most part. I'd say Grace's cast is a few notches lower on the cringe barometer when compared to Star Ocean 4. SO4 is exceeding dangerous fever conditions on a thermometer. I read your post before Coxswain about the parallels between Graces & Ocean 4's cast and I can't look at the game the same way anymore. You pretty much nailed it. The two games both originally released back in 2009 as well. Coincidence or just frightening? O_O

Seriously though, aside from Star Ocean 4's personal action cut scenes which are entirely optional, I don't think the main story arc in Graces is that much less obnoxious than it was in Star Ocean 4. I felt that Star Ocean 4 was more entertaining to watch so far because it was such a ridiculous train wreck. Maybe because I'm slowly playing through the game on Chaos, never proceeding until I get all the Soul Orbs in an area, but the game is MEGA boring. Nothing of any real interest happens and there is so much disconnect between Richard's freak outs and the Dukes/Nations fighting with each other. Everything seems to happen so suddenly and it's hardly believable. The whole world just feels completely "whatever" and throwaway.

Thank god the battle system destroys Star Ocean 4 and pretty much every other Tales game for that matter. I will say in defense of SO4 that Sakuraba did a much better job in that game. I WISH I had SO4's OST while playing Graces. I don't know, I like the game, a lot actually, but I've got little to zero attachment to anything that's been going on and that's not really good in my book.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
honestly I expected more gameplay discussion, the story in this game sucks why are we even discussing it???

for instance, I'm in Strahta's Valkines boss fight and on hard it's well, hard as fuck.

Ties

Banned
honestly I expected more gameplay discussion, the story in this game sucks why are we even discussing it???

for instance, I'm in Strahta's Valkines boss fight and on hard it's well, hard as fuck.
Y'okay.

I'm about to beat the F Arc and I was wondering if I should do anything else before moving onto Zhonecage? I already have all of the character's 4th Blast Calibers. And yes, omg. That is the only boss fight I had to turn the difficulty down on.

Ties

Banned
I thought that fight was manageable. Just take out the soldiers and gang up on the real threat.

The reason the Strahta Valkines fight gave me so much trouble is because of that damn tornado spell. It's hard as hell to avoid, and Asbel has some crappy C. DEF so he usually gets staggered and killed after it hits him.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Typae said:
I'm about to beat the F Arc and I was wondering if I should do anything else before moving onto Zhonecage? I already have all of the character's 4th Blast Calibers. And yes, omg. That is the only boss fight I had to turn the difficulty down on.
At the end you'll be asked if you want to save a clear save (which you'll load and it'll take you back to the main game at the last save point. If you still want to do things with future arc like level up or something, save on a different file. It's up to your discretion, really.

I don't know why I would want Tempest translated. I've never played it to formulate an opinion! But thanks to this game I can experience it first hand! Namco looks out for fans like me.
Dimps had a hand in Tales of the Tempest, and while the battle system sounded like it was supposed to be an evolution of 3L-LMBS from Rebirth, it didn't end up being like that at all. Also the story wasn't very good. :|

Error said:

I don't even play Tales for the story anyway. That's the very last thing on my mind when it comes to this series... er, though this feeling of mine seems to have extended to other game series now.

His actual amount of Tales work is negligible though, most pieces are very short compared to other works at the same time (Tales soundtracks are usually looped twice while his others CDs don't loop), the complexity of pieces are very low (cue the amount of piano pieces and simple movie like orchestral pieces) and until Xillia the mastering/EQing (which is more time consuming than composing itself) was very raw to non-existent.

For comparison: based on the amount of live musicians Dark Souls was likely the biggest budget work Sakuraba was able to do since Star Ocean 3.

Sound direction is usually not up to the composer at all. Camelot was known to leave Sakuraba a lot of leeway unlike other developers which resulted in plenty fresh pieces in their past games, though that changed with GSDD. VP's battle tracks were created by him being told to do "cool music" in place of the usual more detailed directions. The last interview makes it seem like Sakuraba is pushing for bigger stylistic changes, but as a freelancer that's a thin line to walk. Composers (like all creative people) tend to get typecasted.
Though I have to wonder if because Xillia seemed different with regards to EQ and variation on that soundtrack, that he'll have more leeway with regards to the sound in the series (probably not, because Tales games are generally ... "brighter", for lack of a better term. While I understand what Tales is all about generally having fun with the genre without a completely serious/complex take on it, the music doesn't have to necessarily reflect that. I'd love to hear more complicated pieces in Tales games in general. Of course, Tales isn't a high-budget series and it's pretty much annual/bi-annual, so it's likely not going to happen.

It's too bad, because the music direction in Xillia was a great foundation for a new direction overall for the series.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The soldiers keep coming back. It was annoying as fuck.
In the Wii version, they didn't come back. lol.

Take care of them, and whack on the main one. If you feel like they're keep coming back too much, set party AI to attack enemies other than the leader's target. That's how I did it.

I showed a friend the game. I wasn't exactly sure what to show him cool in 2 players without spoiling the story. The arena
Warrior's Peak
was only one player, so I ended up letting him battle solo to get the feel of the controls.

But since I beat the game at level
and had max 19 CC, he was really powerful. He quickly became a believer of the game, and was swearing off other Tales games like Symphonia 1 and 2 and Phantasia. :p

After that, I walked him through the end portion of the final dungeon and fought 2 player battles.

I read that in Pascal's voice. :( I've played the game too much. lol

bubnbob

Banned
The Future Arc is better than the entire 40 some hours I wasted on this game.

I loved the part
with Lambda giving each person his own personal input

Been doing side quest, Sandshround Ruins can go die in a fire. I had the solution to the 3 color puzzle, I was rotating the arrow over to solve in, and in the process crossed all 3 streams and had the whole thing reset on me -.- Now I have to redo the whole stupid thing, I know the answer but it's just tedious rotating all of them.

Edit:

Just to clarify what I meant

<- Where arrow started

-> Where arrow needed to go for solution

^ Where arrow has to cross to get to ->, which crossed all 3 streams and reset the puzzle
|

Epic rage

scy

<Glitch Stuff>

This was an extremely easy way of making money and grinding stamps, so you got high-powered armour and weapons early. If you're on another playthrough or on a platinum run, the duplication glitch certainly proves to be advantageous.

Oh my. That's pretty bad, lol. But ... I got most the major cities up to 6 pretty early (and really early 7 for the Rare Sword from the Turtlez vendors) without trying. Took until Hubert joining for me to go around and getting the rest of the Rare equipment but, really, it's not that bad even without this glitch.

Maybe I'm just strange though :x

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh my. That's pretty bad, lol. But ... I got most the major cities up to 6 pretty early (and really early 7 for the Rare Sword from the Turtlez vendors) without trying. Took until Hubert joining for me to go around and getting the rest of the Rare equipment but, really, it's not that bad even without this glitch.

Maybe I'm just strange though :x
Yeah, it wasn't bad when I did it naturally. Just throw stuff in the pot, synth stuff, etc.

The accessory glitch really spoils you, though. It's so borked. I had 3 million gald by the time I reached Oul Raye/Sable Izolle on my second playthrough, and most towns' stamp levels were maxed already. :lol

Edgeward

Well, I managed to beat
Richard
after a couple tries on hard. Wasn't too bad but first time he summoned a huge dark ball of energy that sucked everyone in and basically insta-killed everyone.

Question, if an enemy has a weakness like nova should I just spam a nova arte or should I also be hitting the other weaknesses as well?

Rpgmonkey

Well, I managed to beat
Richard
after a couple tries on hard. Wasn't too bad but first time he summoned a huge dark ball of energy that sucked everyone in and basically insta-killed everyone.

Question, if an enemy has a weakness like nova should I just spam a nova arte or should I also be hitting the other weaknesses as well?

You get a damage multiplier for every weakness hit and a little bit of CC restored if you hit every weakness, so it's better to hit all of them if you can.

PKrockin

Well, I managed to beat
Richard

He was a sticking point for me too (died almost 10 times on Evil). I don't think that attack actually sucks you in, though, it just has a much bigger range than the animation suggests. It ended most of my attempts by wiping out 2-3 party members at a time and I never really found a good way of dealing with it TBH. Besides that it was a great fight.

IIRC the more weaknesses you hit in a combo the more damage the enemy will take.

Anyone know how to get higher levels of Eleth Burst? You know, sometimes I can perform two or three MAs in an Eleth Burst, sometimes I can't.

Edgeward

Oh shit. Well, I'll need to mix my stuff up more then.

He was a sticking point for me too (died almost 10 times on Evil). I don't think that attack actually sucks you in, though, it just has a much bigger range than the animation suggests. It ended most of my attempts by wiping out 2-3 party members at a time and I never really found a good way of dealing with it TBH. Besides that it was a great fight.

Yea, the time I did win he ended up not using the attack. So I lucked out.

NO matter what you guy say: but anise doesn't deserve such hate IMO .

First Luke at akzeriuth deserved it . He was a total Dick ( even if it wasn't his fault totally ) Oh a whole city was destroyed but it's not my fault after you acted like a arrogant noble since the start ? Sorry but in the situation " Vaan sensei told me to do it " doesn't change the fact that :

-Luke did do it
-The consequences are severe
-Doesn't take into account his own responsabilities ( IMPORTANT )

At this point, the entire party was totally right , and most of them are angry at vaan that deceived everyone and the crying luke didn't help.

For anise , The battle against arrietta was necessary .. Duels for less than that were done when duelling was the norm.. i don't see the problem.
1 Ion was forced to cooperate with moth to protect the rest of the clones. Even if anise told the party before that point , there was little they could do. Anime had no control on ion , nor on her parents .. Warning the party would have resulted in little to nothing .. It's not like moths didn't evade accustaion twice already at various point in the game , right ?
Without him forcing ion to read the score , the party has little to nothing to accuse him.

Another contrast between luke after akzeriuth when the party left him , and anise after ion death is that anise realised that she made a mistake , it paid her a great cost and focuses her energy to educate the other ion.
That's certainly BETTER than ( " that wasn't my fault" ) like luke blurted .

For all those reasons ( and more if you want ) i really think anise hate is overexageratted.

Ties

Banned
NO matter what you guy say: but anise doesn't deserve such hate IMO .
Normaskit3.png

I assure you that the hate is anything but exaggerated.

First Luke at akzeriuth deserved it . He was a total Dick ( even if it wasn't his fault totally ) Oh a whole city was destroyed but it's not my fault after you acted like a arrogant noble since the start ? Sorry but in the situation " Vaan sensei told me to do it " doesn't change the fact that :

-Luke did do it
-The consequences are severe
-Doesn't take into account his own responsabilities ( IMPORTANT )

At this point, the entire party was totally right , and most of them are angry at vaan that deceived everyone and the crying luke didn't help.
I don't think the party had any right to criticize Luke for his actions. Luke had no idea that Vaan's intentions were that catastrophic anyhow. Luke was simply goaded into believing that using his Hyperresonance on Akzeriuth's Sephiroth would of gotten rid of the miasma for good. There was no reason for the party to react the way they had towards him considering that he was acting under good intentions. I also believe that Luke had no chance to inform the party anyhow, because Van pulled him aside already and he could of just killed Luke if he tried to run off. Now going on to the part about him being arrogant. Luke has had a fairly sheltered upbringing so he really hasn't learned any morals. He can't even think independently for himself because of his childlike mentality (which you can't really blame for him at all, because he hasn't even had a proper education IIRC.) Also I have pretty good reason to believe that Anise was the catalyst of all of this anyhow. I believe she was the one that leaked the information to Mohs and it got to Van through his subordinates.
For anise , The battle against arrietta was necessary .. Duels for less than that were done when duelling was the norm.. i don't see the problem.
1 Ion was forced to cooperate with moth to protect the rest of the clones. Even if anise told the party before that point , there was little they could do. Anime had no control on ion , nor on her parents .. Warning the party would have resulted in little to nothing .. It's not like moths didn't evade accustaion twice already at various point in the game , right ?
Without him forcing ion to read the score , the party has little to nothing to accuse him.
The battle against Arrietta was completely unnecessary because she aided the party multiple times throughout the plot, and Anise's childish rivalry (that Arrietta wanted no part of mind you) was the reason the duel even started to begin with. Anise telling the party anything would of made the situation better.

Another contrast between luke after akzeriuth when the party left him , and anise after ion death is that anise realised that she made a mistake , it paid her a great cost and focuses her energy to educate the other ion.
That's certainly BETTER than ( " that wasn't my fault" ) like luke blurted .
To be frank, Luke underwent a metamorphosis after the incident and he took full responsibility after everything.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
controlling another character is not a smooth transition as it is in other tales/SO games. Just tried Hubert and he controls very different compared to Asbel. Not only that but you also have to learn a new set of attributes of each individual skill.

Coxswain

Sophie and Cheria are the two primary healers and do play (and heal) differently. With the way CC + Casting works, they really do end up functionally different due to how they approach combat. And I'd contest that both the Graces healers aren't completely screwed over when enemies look at them; I really haven't had that kind of issue on Chaos at all except fluke double/triple simultaneous deaths.

Hubert's spot healing is pretty shitty but, like Sophie, he'll combo a lot so it's basically an instant small area-of-effect heal; Vital Flair when fully upgraded is a nearly 50% self-heal off a 3->4CC A-Arte so it comes in handy.

But I didn't really have a good outlook on Vesperia's healers that you seem to. I never gave Karol a shot (since I hated him) and Raven always felt inferior to Estelle so I just stuck with her despite the fact I didn't like her; just "dealt with" using Raven eventually.

While Sophie and Cheria play differently, I don't really think that they heal very differently at all. Sophie is better at single-target healing and Cheria can do a bit better for party healing, but they're still just spells with standard cast times. You can shorten the amount of time it takes to cast by chaining A Artes into B Artes, but a) I don't think I've ever seen the AI actually make use of that, or if it is, then it's not enough of an effect to really change things, and b) shortening the cast time doesn't really help matters if to do it, you need your healers to be close enough to attack in the first place (that is to say, taking two seconds to heal when the enemy can reach you and attack you in one and a half seconds isn't functionally different than taking one second to heal if the enemy can reach you in half a second).

When you start running into bosses that can absorb most of a combo before they'll actually stagger (so you only delay them for 20-25% the length of your combo), who can't be knocked down by moves that are made to do knockdowns, and who two-shot any of your characters from full health, it's easy for it to turn into a matter of having the boss run around killing people as fast as your item cooldown can throw out Life Bottles, hoping that you'll get lucky enough to stabilize the party condition before you completely run out of items. Going on the offense doesn't really help since you can't keep the boss staggered and disrupted enough to stop him from going after your healers, and going on the defense can literally mean switching control from one healer to the other, canceling their heal spell to dodge, and then having to switch back to the other healer to cancel their heal spell to dodge, ad infinitum.

The healing in Vesperia was far improved. Each of the three healing characters were best suited to a different sort of fight, and if you doubled up and brought two of them in the same party, they didn't share the same counters the way that the healers in Graces, Abyss, etc do where it's all done via spells.

Can we not spoil other Tales games, especially Tales games unreleased in the west, in a thread for the western release of another Tales game?

Even behind tags, it's just being polite.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chapter 3 spoilers, I think.

The English dialogue for
the whole Rockgagong bit
is great. Also, I want to express how nice the title translations are again. Way better than "dresser", "stylist" (now "Paragon"). "pride of the ______", "spirit of the _____", etc.

Edit: Yeah, probably best to discuss other games in the series if we're talking about battle system, various system like cooking, shopping, music, etc. Story should probably be left out of the conversation or vaguely addressed if you have to talk about it.

PKrockin

Can we not spoil other Tales games, especially Tales games unreleased in the west, in a thread for the western release of another Tales game?

Even behind tags, it's just being polite.

What game are you talking about? I only see spoilers for Abyss, which has been released in all regions.

kayos90

Normaskit3.png

I assure you that the hate is anything but exaggerated.

I don't think the party had any right to criticize Luke for his actions. Luke had no idea that Vaan's intentions were that catastrophic anyhow. Luke was simply goaded into believing that using his Hyperresonance on Akzeriuth's Sephiroth would of gotten rid of the miasma for good. There was no reason for the party to react the way they had towards him considering that he was acting under good intentions. I also believe that Luke had no chance to inform the party anyhow, because Van pulled him aside already and he could of just killed Luke if he tried to run off. Now going on to the part about him being arrogant. Luke has had a fairly sheltered upbringing so he really hasn't learned any morals. He can't even think independently for himself because of his childlike mentality (which you can't really blame for him at all, because he hasn't even had a proper education IIRC.) Also I have pretty good reason to believe that Anise was the catalyst of all of this anyhow. I believe she was the one that leaked the information to Mohs and it got to Van through his subordinates.
The battle against Arrietta was completely unnecessary because she aided the party multiple times throughout the plot, and Anise's childish rivalry (that Arrietta wanted no part of mind you) was the reason the duel even started to begin with. Anise telling the party anything would of made the situation better.

To be frank, Luke underwent a metamorphosis after the incident and he took full responsibility after everything.

Wall of black. WTF!!!!! Anyway, I'll get back to playing this on Tuesday/Wednesday. Can't do it this weekend/monday. At all. So sad. And I just got to future arc too.

Ties

Banned
What game are you talking about? I only see spoilers for Abyss, which has been released in all regions.
There were some spoilers for Xillia above.

EDIT: oopity.
Sorry guys. I can't help but express my hatred for Murdernise. I'll do it in a more appropriate thread next time.
:)

kayos90

There were some spoilers for Xillia above.

Yeah. I don't really see the problem though if it's behind spoiler bars. If you click it or w/e, that's not my fault. It's not like I'm purposely trying to make yall read it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah. I don't really see the problem though if it's behind spoiler bars. If you click it or w/e, that's not my fault. It's not like I'm purposely trying to make yall read it.
Even if you warned people, I thiiiiiiink you should edit your Xillia spoilers out. You know how people are. They'll highlight without thinking.

Edit: lol, Asbel's English voice actor generally seems to read dual-clause sentences with emphasis on the first clause even though it doesn't even need it. *sigh*

kayos90

Even if you warned people, I thiiiiiiink you should edit your Xillia spoilers out. You know how people are. They'll highlight without thinking.

*sigh*. I won't delete my previous ones. However, I will refrain from doing so since people are asking. Just saying though, it's really stupid. You know why I think it's stupid too.

I'm not saying it should be edited out or anything, but if I go in to a Graces thread for a game I have just beaten, and see black bars with no context around them, it's not exactly unreasonable for me to be annoyed that they are spoilers for another game.

The tag is not just carte blanche to spoil whatever.

I'm trying not to be rude but it would be nice if it did not continue and the flippant attitude isn't helping.

kayos90

I'm not saying it should be edited out or anything, but if I go in to a Graces thread for a game I have just beaten, and see black bars with no context around them, it's not exactly unreasonable for me to be annoyed that they are spoilers for another game.

The tag is not just carte blanche to spoil whatever.

I'm trying not to be rude but it would be nice if it did not continue and the flippant attitude isn't helping.

I'm not saying you're rude. Far from it. I understand why people would want them removed. Also I'm not being flippant. Anyway, the quote did have context since we were talking about traitors.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I dunno but I recommend removing the Xillia spoilers even if they were blackbarred. People can mix them with Graces f spoilers.

I get it if someone posts spoilers for Tales of Graces 0 (for example) because they're directly related to Tales of Graces... But putting Xillia spoilers is kinda like putting FFVIII spoilers in FFVII; same branding, totally different games.

Neki

man, Pascal's A artes are really fun. they're really good against single targets and when no one is on top of her, but once people get on top of me I die so easily, lol. I still don't feel comfortable getting close yet to use her B-artes that much, but when you get a big Cyanide or Fearful Storm off, you feel like a boss.

Ties

Banned
man, Pascal's A artes are really fun. they're really good against single targets and when no one is on top of her, but once people get on top of me I die so easily, lol. I still don't feel comfortable getting close yet to use her B-artes that much, but when you get a big Cyanide or Fearful Storm off, you feel like a boss.
Do you have the titles/equips that give you Iron Stance?

Neki

Do you have the titles/equips that give you Iron Stance?

Not sure, I'll look once I boot it up again, but how much of a difference is Iron Stance? Using Asbel is not a problem because I can stagger enemies before they knock me out of my animation, but I can't tell you how many times I try using Pascal's 1CC A-Arte and they knock me straight out because I take so long, or because I whiff, lol. I wish her 1CC A-Arte was ranged attack too. :(

Ties

Banned
Not sure, I'll look once I boot it up again, but how much of a difference is Iron Stance? Using Asbel is not a problem because I can stagger enemies before they knock me out of my animation, but I can't tell you how many times I try using Pascal's 1CC A-Arte and they knock me straight out because I take so long, or because I whiff, lol. I wish her 1CC A-Arte was ranged attack too. :(
Iron Stance isn't an Arte, it's more of a passive trait. Basically, no enemy can stagger you while you are casting a spell, so you can whiff out her B Artes without the fear of getting bombarded by enemy attacks. She acquires a title that gives you 15% Iron Stance before you go to Strahta's Valkines and she also has an accessory later on (a treasure chest on the way to the
Amarcian Enclave.
that gives you 15% Iron Stance. I find it really useful, especially once she acquires her healing B Arte.

When I'm using Pascal, I generally start the battle out with Enflame so her 1CC A Arte becomes ranged. This is the pattern I use:
Enflame > Hold Block until Max CC > 1CC > 2CC > Sudden Impact > B Arte

Neki

I'll try getting some Iron Stance to see if it makes a difference then, hopefully it does. Why do you like Sudden Impact though?

Top Bottom