• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

scy

I just plugged the game in, installed the game and the world is crumbling down on me.

I can't F'ING believe this game doesn't feature dual va. CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Why the fuck would you exclude such an easy feature out of your game? I'm SO pissed. I hate american VA, specially coming from Brazil which has leading V.A in the world.

Called me weeaboo, whatever you want, but listen, I'm paying 60 dollars for a product and I should be able to at least expect a basic feature.

I'm turning this fucking game off and throwing it in the garbage -__-.

Basic feature?

Japanese VA actually costs money to "keep" on there. It's not like it's just cut out just because.

You know the impact of Richard's little "episodes" are kind of lost when

A. The game is bloodless to a fault.

B. Nobody seems to really care afterward and treat it like he just "lost his temper".

A: While I'm not too big a fan of gore, it would have been better if they went the Skyrim route and made the blood little red particles.

B: I know right? They take the whole
dark demon possesion thing pretty well. "Hey Asbel! Richard just attacked your hometown!" "I know! but Hubert's about to be fired! So let's take care of that first!"

As for me, battles got less difficult when I got to
the Eleth research lab. Now that I have accel mode for everyone it gets much easier.

Yuterald

You know the impact of Richard's little "episodes" are kind of lost when

A. The game is bloodless to a fault.

B. Nobody seems to really care afterward and treat it like he just "lost his temper".

Don't even get me started on this game's story, lol! I just returned to Barona in Chapter 5 and headed back to "Richard's" Castle.
For a king who has been going around, stealing the energy from valkiness, invading towns, etc. the "enemy" kingdom seems to be relatively relaxed given the circumstances.
. Seriously, there are knights still guarding the throne room WHEN THERE IS NO ONE THERE. What the fuck kind of knight academy is this!? Just before I came back to this town an NPC told me that Barona was in chaos too. o_O

The only thing that has been chaotic for the past 25 some hours is the difficulty I've been playing on! I'm pretty sure I just saw the blue ice cream pop girl dancing around in her store still. Some chaotic scene at the kingdom, right? WHATEEEEEEEEEEVER! I'm sorry, you'd have to be fairly delusional/biased if you think this game has a well crafted story/world.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Asbel's brother is smart
(by getting with Pascal), so he should have followed his shining example and hooked up with Fourier. But really, anybody would have been better than Cheria. She's rubbish.
Dude, at least she's miles better than Lightning in terms of development or whatever.

I didn't mind her in the JP version, but she kinda falls a little flat here.

So, I'm right before the "point of no return"(
right before heading into the Ghardia Shaft
) and I'm wondering, what's the most efficient route to take to get the Plat from here on?

I missed all the timed trophies so I know I'm gonna have to do a new game for those, but I'd prefer to get the difficulty trophies and all the really grindy trophies before I do that so I can leave the grindy stuff out of my NG+ and just get it all over with right now since I'm already at the end of the game the first time.
No such thing as point of no return. Point of no return for the handkerchief quest, but that's it. You can warp out of the final dungeon if you want. You can beat the game and go back to the main game if you want (after beating it or after clearing F arc, up to you). Yeah. When I said there're barely any missables that matter in this game, I was telling the truth.

As for efficiency... since you're going to do an NG+ anyway, I'd actually do the Eleth Pot 9999 trophy, the Inn Request trophy, and the 100 titles trophies on an NG+ because you can pick multipliers from the Grade Shop and choose to transfer your titles and artes usage over to the NG+, and also purchase the 500 Eleth Points bonus. You just need to have a bit of grade for that so you'll have to do F Arc and clear the game. It's much easier than doing it on a vanilla playthrough since you have the bonuses at your disposal. With a 10x EXP multiplier, the game isn't really going to feel that grindy, imo.

Clear difficulty trophies don't stack, so you'll have to do them one at a time. I know, sucks, right? I beat the game on Chaos, hoping that it'd give me all of the trophies in one fell swoop and it didn't happen.

After you beat the game once, I'd recommend doing the F Arc and then coming back to the main arc to do the postgame dungeon/sidequests/beating the game again because you'll have Accel Mode and Level 4 Blast Calibers at your disposal, making the EX dungeon easier, the cameo battles easier, fighting Rock Gagan, etc.

But it's up to your discretion, really. If you want to max out the pot before doing an NG+ or whatever, go right on ahead. I just remember it being a pain in the butt because I hadn't been accustomed to dualizing and using the pot efficiently before.

This game's platinum isn't a joke compared to FFXIII-2's. It's long and grindy. And Xillia's was a joke, but it was quite grindy as well.

Basic feature?

Japanese VA actually costs money to "keep" on there. It's not like it's just cut out just because.
And given the voice actors for this game, it might cost a bit. I don't think Bamco's willing to front all that cash.

The only thing that has been chaotic for the past 25 some hours is the difficulty I've been playing on! I'm pretty sure I just saw the blue ice cream pop girl dancing around in her store still. Some chaotic scene at the kingdom, right? WHATEEEEEEEEEEVER! I'm sorry, you'd have to be fairly delusional/biased if you think this game has a well crafted story/world.
There was a point when I stopped taking the story seriously and just treated it like the glue that held the game together the first time I played through it.
Less turmoil in Barona despite all the stuff going on and the balkines cryas being drained
was kinda it. :lol

I still enjoyed the ride, though. I had fun, and that's what counts to me.

Just obtained my first two
Narikiri Dolls, Hubert and Sophie which I gave both to Asbel. Not really that useful in the F arc but it'll be awesome to not be stuck playing Asbel during the early game. Before I finish the F arc I plan to grind so everyone has every Narikiri doll/title

scy

And given the voice actors for this game, it might cost a bit. I don't think Bamco's willing to front all that cash.

It's ironic a bit since most the complaints about lack of dual VA should be directed at the Japan side of things rather than the American side. And then out-of-house localizations have more hoops to go through vs in-house ones.

Still surprised it isn't DLC though. Then again, maybe the cost of that would be enormous to outweigh the cost of getting those rights :x

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just obtained my first two
Narikiri Dolls, Hubert and Sophie which I gave both to Asbel. Not really that useful in the F arc but it'll be awesome to not be stuck playing Asbel during the early game. Before I finish the F arc I plan to grind so everyone has every Narikiri doll/title

Honestly they're also good for stat changes. For instance Asbel is really good with Cryas Atk. So put it on Cheria.

scy

I just realized, I don't even know how you get the
Narikiri dolls. What kind of hellish grind am I looking forward to?

Sagitario

I believe the battle system is starting to click. Still running out of CC, but I am performing better combos [I THINK!!!], not getting more then 8~12 hits unless other party members participate, though.

At what point will I get more than 5-9 CC?

I have been battling on hard, but I will probably switch to moderate on bosses from now on because I don't like using Life Bottles and I refuse to use gels (HP is reduced so fast/easily). [Chapter 3 bosses]
Victoria
wasn't that hard because of her ice weakness, but
Cedric
had way too much HP and Pascal... YOU GIRL DIE FAST (the AI strategy options are so limited compared to ToV), I had to put Sophie and Cherie in heal mode [100% and 75% respectively].

BTW, the Barona port music is SO DAMN CATCHY.

GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD GET IT OUT

As soon as I read this, the music started playing on my head D:

Also, the music during the Barona castle riot is so good and I finally got to hear some good boss battle music :D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's ironic a bit since most the complaints about lack of dual VA should be directed at the Japan side of things rather than the American side. And then out-of-house localizations have more hoops to go through vs in-house ones.

Still surprised it isn't DLC though. Then again, maybe the cost of that would be enormous to outweigh the cost of getting those rights :x
Yep. And I think adding it as DLC would make it a very pricey add-on. :p

Honestly, outside of Asbel, Asbel's Dad, Cheria, and
____λ____
(and maybe Richard), I think the dub's alright outside of a few spots. For instance:

Sophie is WAY better in this version than the JP version. Like, the voice actress is doing a really awesome job with her so far, and I think she got the character much better than the JP version's voice actress.

English Hubert nails the character down. I'd put him on equal footing with his Japanese counterpart. They're both pretty badass and make the character sound just as snooty as he's supposed to be.

English Malik is alright. Though I can't help but to feel like I'm listening a less-serious Nier sometimes. I've played that game for far too long. :lol

scy said:
I just realized, I don't even know how you get the
Narikiri dolls. What kind of hellish grind am I looking forward to?
It honestly isn't bad because you're used to dualization already. Check Typae's post out.

Thanks for the info, Schala, I appreciate it.

English Malik is alright. Though I can't help but to feel like I'm listening a less-serious Nier sometimes. I've played that game for far too long. :lol

AHHHHH, OMG I HAD NO IDEA. MALIK IS NIER
I won't be able to hear anything else now!

scy

At what point will I get more than 5-9 CC?

I think I had 10-13 or so by Chapter 3? Using a mix of Rise and Exceed Shards on my equipment and Rise/Exceed Gems. Equipment wise, I had mostly Battle stuff (typically the 3-5 Stamp Level item in various cities) if I recall.

Definitely had 10+ for everyone though since I remember explicitly that Chapter 3 was when I finally had the CC to 1-2-3-4CC A-Arte combo and Cheria could even still cast afterwards.

Honestly, outside of Asbel, Asbel's Dad, Cheria, and
____λ____
(and maybe Richard), I think the dub's alright outside of a few spots. For instance:

I like Cheria probably more than most (bias bias bias) but, yeah, she falls into the same situation as Asbel and Richard of just kind of saying lines rather than delivering lines. Kind of like the direction just got stuck in
Asbel is sad and depressed, Cheria turned ice queen
and never really moved on.

Sophie grew on me and Hubert is indeed awesome. I keep picturing Malik as Tager though. Which may not really be a bad thing, I guess.

Sagitario

And Cheria is Kaine.

I think I had 10-13 or so by Chapter 3? Using a mix of Rise and Exceed Shards on my equipment and Rise/Exceed Gems. Equipment wise, I had mostly Battle stuff (typically the 3-5 Stamp Level item in various cities) if I recall.

Definitely had 10+ for everyone though since I remember explicitly that Chapter 3 was when I finally had the CC to 1-2-3-4CC A-Arte combo and Cheria could even still cast afterwards.

I guess I will have to hunt down rise and exceed shards. By any chance, do you happen to remember where are they dropped?

I have been reading a few old pages looking for tips and I just found our Dark Schala is a girl :O
I always assumed she was gay guy... hehehe :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
(the AI strategy options are so limited compared to ToV)
If there's one thing I'd say that I dislike with regards to this game's systems, this is it. In a way, going to Xillia was a bit of a relief because there are so. many. strat. options.

Check it out. You can set strategies for your characters to link, prioritize certain items to be used first or last (or when they should be used so that your characters aren't wasting gummies), etc.

Thanks for the info, Schala, I appreciate it.

And Cheria is Kaine (edit: beaten). Though Emil was in Vesperia, from what I heard... which is a good thing because I hate Japanese Karol's voice so much.

I like Cheria probably more than most (bias bias bias) but, yeah, she falls into the same situation as Asbel and Richard of just kind of saying lines rather than delivering lines. Kind of like the direction just got stuck in
Asbel is sad and depressed, Cheria turned ice queen
and never really moved on.

Sophie grew on me and Hubert is indeed awesome. I keep picturing Malik as Tager though. Which may not really be a bad thing, I guess.
You're not alone. I like Cheria a lot (not just in terms of combat), and I agree with you with regards to Asbel, Richard, and Cheria's direction. They just don't really feel very... authentic, I guess? I mean, compare her with Serah (this is a better example than Rise or someone else), whom I felt used Bailey's voice and vocal range better and had to deal with somewhat similar ... moods (best way I could put that, though Serah never really had to behave like an ice queen).

Sagitario said:
I have been reading a few old pages looking for tips and I just found our Dark Schala is a girl :O
I always assumed she was gay guy... hehehe :p
It's my avatar, isn't it? :lol

Esura

Banned
I just finished Graces f main arc and future arc and just...wow, just wow. I love this game's story. The characters are all likable (especially Sophie...awww), gameplay is awesome, story is fantastic, all that. I don't like how the game kind of drags on towards the end though and how absolutely effed up many of the later dungeons are but this game is great. Spent 70 hours on the game with no regrets.

Best Tales game I've ever played and surpassed FFXIII-2 as my favorite RPG this year!

Oh, and Sophie is just too cute. Possibly the best RPG female I've seen in an RPG in years!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I haven't played Nier, but all I can hear when Malik talks is Georg from Suikoden V. And Fourier is Sialeeds.
Yup, yup regarding Georg. Jamieson Price voiced him too.

I haven't heard English Fourier yet, but that'd be nice if she were Sialeeds.

Esura said:
I just finished Graces f main arc and future arc and just...wow, just wow. I love this game's story. The characters are all likable (especially Sophie...awww), gameplay is awesome, story is fantastic, all that. I don't like how the game kind of drags on towards the end though and how absolutely effed up many of the later dungeons are but this game is great. Spent 70 hours on the game with no regrets.

Best Tales game I've ever played and surpassed FFXIII-2 as my favorite RPG this year!
Whoa, I'm a little taken aback by your last statement since I didn't think it were possible!

There aren't many Team Destiny games where I could say that I liked the dungeons in them, unfortunately. I agree with your sentiments with regards to the dungeons in this game since I didn't really like some of them. I usually like the Team Symphonia ones better.

scy

It honestly isn't bad because you're used to dualization already. Check Typae's post out.

Just noticed I missed this, so just some item grinding? Pfft, that's nothing.

I'll regret saying that later.

I guess I will have to hunt down rise and exceed shards. By any chance, do you happen to remember where are they dropped?

I had a pretty good stock of them just from being on Chaos for so damn long up to that point. I think most of the overworld at that point has at least Rise (North Lhant Road, South Barona Road namely) and I want to say Exceed should be Wallbridge Ruins, though it's a pretty big pool there.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, and Sophie is just too cute. Possibly the best RPG female I've seen in an RPG in years!
I thought you liked Serah and Nepgear!

Sagitario said:
cpp_is_king wrote up a nice spreadsheet somewhere in here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28452354/Shards.xlsx

You'll find what you need on Sheet 1. Sheet 3 is for finding qualities.

JoeFu

Banned
Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention this:

Best victory scene in the game:

Asbel: We are:
Hubert, Richard, and Malik: LKJHALHSLDAGHJKASDJHKJSAHKJSDHFGKDSJAHKJHASKDJ
Asbel: HEY!

haha I got that one last night. Busted out laughing, they just kept going.

Esura

Banned
Whoa, I'm a little taken aback by your last statement since I didn't think it were possible!

There aren't many Team Destiny games where I could say that I liked the dungeons in them, unfortunately. I agree with your sentiments with regards to the dungeons in this game since I didn't really like some of them. I usually like the Team Symphonia ones better.
To be fair, I've only played maybe 25 or so hours of Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Innocence and Graces f is the first Tales of game I ever finished.

Those last dungeons in the main arc and future arc were too labyrinthy for my tastes and I actually resorted to a FAQ to progress and get all the items for said dungeons.

I thought you liked Serah and Nepgear!
I like Serah and Nepgear, although I like Neptune much, much more than Nepgear though. But Sophie really grew on me. I went in expecting to like Cheria but seeing Sophie grow up and learn about the world was truly great. It doesn't hurt that she is pretty much a Monk styled character gameplay wise and I love Monks in RPGs.

I like this game so much I'm going to review it on my blog.

scy

If I'm dualizing a piece of equipment that has two effects, how do I go about making sure one of those effects stays?

It should always take the higher value effect (e.g., [5] vs [4]); if they're the same, it should use the first listed.

Edit: If you want to just force it, you can remove the effect and then just add it yourself later. If you want to get Rise [4] on there, for instance, you can dualize Rise [4] on the equipment you want it on and Rise [5] on another one. When they're tempered, dualize them together and the Rise [4] will remain.

It should always take the higher value effect (e.g., [5] vs [4]); if they're the same, it should use the first listed.

Edit: If you want to just force it, you can remove the effect and then just add it yourself later. If you want to get Rise [4] on there, for instance, you can dualize Rise [4] on the equipment you want it on and Rise [5] on another one. When they're tempered, dualize them together and the Rise [4] will remain.

It's Asbel's Jade Vestment's I'm worried about. It has the Valiant [3] effect, which raises his physical and cryas attack. Do gems like that even drop? It's not so much that I'm worred about losing that effect, though, but that I can have that effect in addition to another effect. I want the gear to always have two effects, not have it be reduced to one

Sagitario

It's my avatar, isn't it? :lol

Mebbeh :p

Wouldn't Rise[5] stay cause it's higher?

Dark Schala and scy, thanks for all the help. Can't say this enough! :D

scy

It's Asbel's Jade Vestment's I'm worried about. It has the Valiant [3] effect, which raises his physical and cryas attack. Do gems like that even drop?

I don't know if it exists on a Shard but I do know I have an actual Gem with VALIANT-EXCEED so it's possible to create. There might be something to be done about it. I can try some stuff out when I get the chance.

It's not so much that I'm worred about losing that effect, though, but that I can have that effect in addition to another effect. I want the gear to always have two effects, not have it be reduced to one

Yeah, you can just force an effect to stay by just dualizing together two slots that have the same effect but one is weaker. Like I noted above, an Armor with Rise [5] dualized with another Armor with Rise [4] will leave the Rise [4] on the second Armor. I'm not 100% sure it works at [7] + [6] but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.

So say you want to get the Armor to have Rise [6] and Exceed [7] on it. For the sake of the example, I'll use Asbel's Jade Vestments instead of just saying "the Armor." You'll dualize until you're about ready to stop and then do the following:

1) Dualize a Rise [6] Shard onto the Jade Vestments and Rise [7] onto a throwaway Armor you don't care about.
2) Temper them.
3) Dualize the Jade Vestments and the throwaway Armor together; the Rise [6] will remain on the Jade Vestments. You can get rid of the throwaway Armor now if you want.
4) Dualize an Exceed [7] Shard onto the Jade Vestments. You'll have both Exceed [7] and Rise [6] on it.

So I guess just replace Rise [6] and Exceed [7] with whatever two effects you want. I'll see if there's a way to force two [7]s when I'm actually far enough to have [7] Shards :x

Wouldn't Rise[5] stay cause it's higher?

The higher one is the one removed. When you dualize Rise [5] with Rise [4], the output is a RISE-RISE Gem with just one effect: Rise [5]. If you did this with Rise [5] and Rise [5], you get the same output of RISE-RISE but it'll be Rise [6] instead and both effects will be gone. Since one is lower than the other, it's not actually used up so it doesn't get extracted.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. It seems so since shard Qualities work the same way (mismatched Shard tier quality means you use the lowest tier Quality involved; Oily + Perilous => Oily, Grand + Perilous => Grand, etc.) barring special cases.

Edit: ...re-reading that makes me think I should say that it is not working as intended, actually, since Qualities use the lowest, not highest, involved...

Glad to be of help :x

You know, more JRPGs could benefit from having skits and victory sequences like Tales games.

It fleshes the characters out without taking up main plot time or shoveling all development into sidequest.

We just need more banter in general

Thanks, Scy, I get it now. I was looking for an explanation in the game, but didn't find anything, but your explanation totally makes sense!

Jiraiza

Kind of surprised at all the Cheria dislike. I for one liked her but after listening to her JP VA, I felt a little disappointed. Just a little.

It's just the way the characters were written kind of made most of them flat. In particular, I hated how characters reacted in certain situations; Richard's sudden change in behavior comes to mind. Any imbecile would recognize this isn't the same guy 7 years ago. I'm probably just beating a dead horse but man Namco, fire the person writing your stories already, holy cow. Bring in the Lost Odyssey's story writer or something lol.

So, I have to ask... When Hubert uses Broadside Waltz, does it sound to anyone else like he says "instant balls"?

I can't figure out what the hell it is he actually says, that's what it sounds like to me.

AH, okay, quick search reveals he's actually saying Instant VALSE, as that's what the the move used to be called. Still sounds like instant ballz though

Neki

So, I have to ask... When Hubert uses Broadside Waltz, does it sound to anyone else like he says "instant balls"?

I can't figure out what the hell it is he actually says, that's what it sounds like to me.

AH, okay, quick search reveals he's actually saying Instant VALSE, as that's what the the move used to be called. Still sounds like instant ballz though

He supposely says Instant Waltz, but Instant Balls is way better. I haven't heard it in a long time because every time I get a full eleth bar, I get the awesome Ruby Inferno.

Kind of surprised at all the Cheria dislike. I for one liked her but after listening to her JP VA, I felt a little disappointed. Just a little.

It's just the way the characters were written kind of made most of them flat. In particular, I hated how characters reacted in certain situations; Richard's sudden change in behavior comes to mind. Any imbecile would recognize this isn't the same guy 7 years ago. I'm probably just beating a dead horse but man Namco, fire the person writing your stories already, holy cow. Bring in the Lost Odyssey's story writer or something lol.

jRPG characters are dumb, people playing jRPG characters not as dumb, news at 11!

It's "Instant Balls" to me too.

On my second playthrough with a whole bunch of cheats (not the damage ones), 10x XP etc, so much fun... in fact already at the Enclave in about a 10th of what it took on playthrough one.

En route to platinum.

Esura

Banned

I like Cheria. Doesn't hurt that she is voiced by Laura Bailey, best voice actress ever!

Here is my Tales of Graces f review.
http://esura.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/tales-of-graces-f-review/

Beats

Does anyone know if you get any benefit from using food outside of battle (other than restoring HP)?

Eating a party member's favorite dish a bunch of times will get them a title. I don't remember all of them but here's most of them anyway:

Asbel - Curry
Malik - Sea Bream Porridge (?)
Sophie - Crablettes
Cheria - Grilled Chicken Bowl
Pascal - Banana Pie

I'm not sure if there's any other benefit though.

Eating a party member's favorite dish a bunch of times will get them a title. I don't remember all of them but here's most of them anyway:

Asbel - Curry
Malik - Sea Bream Porridge (?)
Sophie - Crablettes
Cheria - Grilled Chicken Bowl
Pascal - Banana Pie

I'm not sure if there's any other benefit though.

Hmm, yeah, I knew about that. Thanks for the list, though.

Hubert's is Rice Omelette, just got that one.

Sagitario

... Jade Vestment example...

Glad to be of help :x

I see. If I understood this correctly, the whole point [and result] of that was: Jade Vestment with 2 temporal bonus effects (Rise[6] and Exceed [7])

Is that possible? I thought the temporal bonus was extracted when you dualize 2 tempered equipments (because the new gem created gained both effects).

I see. If I understood this correctly, the whole point [and result] of that was: Jade Vestment with 2 temporal bonus effects (Rise[6] and Exceed [7])

Is that possible? I thought the temporal bonus was extracted when you dualize 2 tempered equipments (because the new gem created gained both effects).

If the tempered equipment has two effects, when dualizing a gem it will take the higher rank effect and leave the other one alone, thus when you dualize a shard onto that equipment again, it will have two effects once again

scy

The important part of it is that two tempered pieces of equipment with the same effect (but different values) will actually leave one of the effects, allowing you to get two effects on any piece of equipment, not just ones that come with one effect.

Sagitario

I see
6JQ6R.gif

I got it.
Different effects -> both get removed -> new gem with both effects is created -> both equipments lose effects
Same effects -> only 1 gets removed -> new gem with the same effect twice is created -> 1 piece of equipment retains the lower effect

Thank you very much :D

I seriously wrote all that stuff down in a notebook.
I wish I could write all the battle rules like that :p

I will try to read about quality later :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Yeah. The original version had his first Blast Caliber as Instant Valse (which is Waltz in Romance languages and Danish). Nearly all of his Blast Calibers in Japanese had some French in it (ex: Vent Flèche; Renverse Raison), but in the English version, they're all English. But the inconsistency with Instant Valse and Broadside Waltz bothers me a little, and I guess it means that the voice was recorded and they just retranslated it after? Weird.

The important part of it is that two tempered pieces of equipment with the same effect (but different values) will actually leave one of the effects, allowing you to get two effects on any piece of equipment, not just ones that come with one effect.
Yep! It took me a long time to figure that out. "Why do all those attributes keep leeeeaving?!"

I seriously wrote all that stuff down in a notebook.
I wish I could write all the battle rules like that :p
Don't worry. I still kinda do that because I try not to use walkthroughs during my first playthroughs. When I was younger, I had these huge BINDERS of notes with info that I recorded from playing games (like junction info, materia combinations, DQ8 alchemy, red jewel locations from Illusion of Gaia, rune spell combinations and why they work, Suikoden stats, etc).

I tried using the Game Notes sections in instruction manuals, but they didn't usually fit. I just keep that stuff in docs now. I think it's fun... >.>

Mebbeh :p

LOL, I figured.

No prob. Though it's nice seeing people playing the game on a first playthrough try to work together to try to come up with a solution to something that might be confusing.

scy

I have (well, had) something like 200+ pages of Disgaea data of trying to solve basically every single possible calculation it ever did; thankfully, a lot of the basics of those mechanics are still the same so it's not exactly useless. Sort of.

Similar situation for EO, though almost all of that stuff wasn't really that hard to figure out (/get from the game itself).

Sagitario

Hey, I do it too. Not as extensive, but I usually write stuff down. I have game notes all over my room. I can't see myself throwing them away, in case I replay a game in the future [I have my ToS and TotA notes ready]

LOL, I figured.
That and I remember you mentioning your boyfriend before, also, I think I confused you with someone from the gay thread at first, so I always had that impression.
Plus, there is some "kindness" when reading your replies... IDK, it's hard to explain... I am probably being silly :p, but the more girl gamers, the better :)

No prob. Though it's nice seeing people playing the game on a first playthrough try to work together to try to come up with a solution to something that might be confusing.

0GJ7c.gif

burgerdog

Need help with a coliseum boss during the future arc.
I'm having trouble defeating poisson after she starts using arts when her health is low. I can't get close enough to combo her and get rid of the tiny amount of hp she has left.

Top Bottom