• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

I'm in the final dungeon of the f campaign...
This place is ridiculous, an hour in and i feel like I'm still in the same room -.-

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haha ... this. This a lot. "I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GO" for about 30 minutes until I realized I could push something in one more time.
It was this one. stupid. green-blue. block.

I swore I pushed it in over and over before I realized that I had to push it in again. I swear it happened the first time I went through that stupid place too.

I went through those two floors over and over pushing things in and pulling things out over and over.

You can take items? Could've sworn the fight was with
just the Grape Gels, Syrup Bottles, and Hourglass provided
. This fight was frustrating since 500k HP on someone who just won't actually get combo'd. But, outside of the Mystic Arte, it was pretty much just a long fight.
I meant Syrup Bottles since he freezes people if you aren't careful (and because it's unlikely you'll have Freeze Checks by then). >_< *sigh* This is why I shouldn't post when I'm about to fall asleep. :lol Thanks for the correction. I wasted the Grape gummies on Cheria and Sophie since they had to do the reviving (as Cheria had Resurrection--which takes long to cast; and Sophie had whatever Soul Raise is called now).

*headdesk* Now I feel like a silly. Ah well, mistakes made, doesn't matter.

What's nice is that you can go back up there and fight him solo afterwards! Ahahaha. I've done it with Asbel solo before, but not with Cheria. Perhaps Sophie might be a better choice.

Speaking of dualization, I guess I found it difficult in the JP version because I didn't really wrap my mind around how many kanji in the nature's name mattered. So basically, it works in the same way that the English version has. The three-kanji ones are rarer than normal, so you had to grind for those. Typically, 5-kanji natures were the ones that increased your item's value, and the 6-kanji ones were the ones that decreased your item's value by half.

For some reason, I never got this at all, so dualization always felt like experimentation. The ones that sounded "bad" like &#27671;&#12395;&#12394;&#12425;&#12394;&#12356; (Easygoing -- but you'd translate this as something like "don't care") or something would obviously be something I wouldn't want to synthesize. Perilous was usually one that I was hesitant to play around with because I thought it was bad until I checked my Dualize Book.

I find that dualization is a little easier in English since it's in a language that I don't have to take a longer time to process. Well, that, and I know how to do it now.

scy

I meant Syrup Bottles since he freezes people if you aren't careful (and because it's unlikely you'll have Freeze Checks by then). >_< *sigh* This is why I shouldn't post when I'm about to fall asleep. :lol Thanks for the correction. I wasted the Grape gummies on Cheria and Sophie since they had to do the reviving (as Cheria had Resurrection--which takes long to cast; and Sophie had whatever Soul Raise is called now).

...y'know, I don't actually think anyone got frozen when I fought him. Or they did as part of his Mystic Arte and just died outright so I never noticed. Really, it wasn't that bad of a fight on Chaos, just took forever.

And lol no big deal on the Bottle thing, was more wondering if I just overlooked something that got you different items or something else. I lucked out in that I was still grinding Sophie's Artes but I had some bad Eleth Burst -> Mystic Arte timings where Cheria just ate it and Life Bottles would've been pretty useful if I did the fight without two characters capable of reviving.

Now ... the solo fight on the other hand. I need to step my game up for that :x

Speaking of dualization, I guess I found it difficult in the JP version because I didn't really wrap my mind around how many kanji in the nature's name mattered. So basically, it works in the same way that the English version has. The three-kanji ones are rarer than normal, so you had to grind for those. Typically, 5-kanji natures were the ones that increased your item's value, and the 6-kanji ones were the ones that decreased your item's value by half.

It wasn't until right now that I realized all the 50% Resell Multiplier / +10% Resell Inheritance Qualities are in fact 9-letters. For some reason I thought one of the early ones wasn't the right letter count or maybe counting letters is just hard. Incidentally, these Qualities are weird in that as they give you more and more stats, their tempering bonus decreases.

Anyway, yeah, the whole letter count aspect of them makes it pretty easy on how the "ranking up" of Qualities work. I still wish that they just charted things out for you so it's easier to keep track of What Quality + What Quality = What Quality but oh well I guess.

vall03

I finally got my first 100 title trophy and its for Sophie. Im now grinding my way to get the others along with doing Inn Requests before the final dungeon.

zroid

Banned
About 25 hours in and just finished Chapter 4~

I think I ended up grinding in Strahta for way too long. It was getting to the point where I was finally able to start putting together bigger chains with regularity and exploit weaknesses. As such, the battles were getting even more fun! Couldn't resist :)

Maybe I'll up the difficulty

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...y'know, I don't actually think anyone got frozen when I fought him. Or they did as part of his Mystic Arte and just died outright so I never noticed. Really, it wasn't that bad of a fight on Chaos, just took forever.

And lol no big deal on the Bottle thing, was more wondering if I just overlooked something that got you different items or something else. I lucked out in that I was still grinding Sophie's Artes but I had some bad Eleth Burst -> Mystic Arte timings where Cheria just ate it and Life Bottles would've been pretty useful if I did the fight without two characters capable of reviving.

Now ... the solo fight on the other hand. I need to step my game up for that :x
He usually froze them with Celsius, which is consistent with the original version (since it did the same thing in that game). I'm surprised that they were still alive, tbh, though I guess it helped that I dualized their armour for a bit up to that point... and I lowered the difficulty to since I didn't want Sophie/Cheria (especially Cheria) to get into massive scrapes where I can't bail them out with Grape Gels. It was fine on Chaos for the rest of the battles, but the battle after can be hard, even for a Level 47-50 party. I tried it on my second playthrough on Chaos and died a lot because he wouldn't stop coming at you with his Blast Caliber.

I found the solo Chaos fight easier with Asbel (though I spammed all of the gummies I was given since Asbel only had HP-regen whenever he hit something), but I've only done it once.

It wasn't until right now that I realized all the 50% Resell Multiplier / +10% Resell Inheritance Qualities are in fact 9-letters. For some reason I thought one of the early ones wasn't the right letter count or maybe counting letters is just hard. Incidentally, these Qualities are weird in that as they give you more and more stats, their tempering bonus decreases.

Anyway, yeah, the whole letter count aspect of them makes it pretty easy on how the "ranking up" of Qualities work. I still wish that they just charted things out for you so it's easier to keep track of What Quality + What Quality = What Quality but oh well I guess.
I can't recall if you could access the Tales characters' qualities on the first playthrough or the second playthrough naturally, though you can get them with the weapons you buy from stores at Level 10 stamps. I recall those being able to sell for quite a bit. IIRC, the Natalia quality was 7.0 resell multiplier, and +50% resell inheritance (I'll have to check since I'm not home at the moment). For the most part, I remember them being 5.0 resell multiplier, and then +50% resell inheritance.

I'm 90% positive that it's the second playthrough where you can fuse qualities together (Natalia = Suave + Gorgeous, for example) to get the Tales character cameo qualities. I guess they do that since they expect you to level the shops up across two playthroughs.

I wish this game had a graph for the dualize stuff so I wouldn't have to keep track of this stuff in a spreadsheet. >.>

I mostly used the accessory duplication glitch to make money on my second playthrough as I've said before, so I barely worried about dualizing on that playthrough unless it was needed for inn requests or something.

scy

He usually froze them with Celsius, which is consistent with the original version (since it did the same thing in that game). I'm surprised that they were still alive, tbh, though I guess it helped that I dualized their armour for a bit up to that point...

On Chaos, I think his Mystic Arte was hitting for ~7k even with the Damage Reduction Title and ~+15 Rare equipment that has also seen some Beef with Red Wine Sauce boosting.

Re-reading that sounds so weird.

I can't recall if you could access the Tales characters' qualities on the first playthrough or the second playthrough naturally, though you can get them with the weapons you buy from stores at Level 10 stamps. I recall those being able to sell for quite a bit. IIRC, the Natalia quality was 7.0 resell multiplier, and +50% resell inheritance (I'll have to check since I'm not home at the moment). For the most part, I remember them being 5.0 resell multiplier, and then +50% resell inheritance.

I want to say you don't have them but I only have seen a few of them period yet. Natalia would make a big difference though. But I have a feeling I'll just grind out my Stamps before NG+ anyway :/ I've got about half of them done, I think.

I mostly used the accessory duplication glitch to make money on my second playthrough as I've said before, so I barely worried about dualizing on that playthrough unless it was needed for inn requests or something.

I really just wanted to know how it worked for the sake of knowing how it worked; not like I plan to do the math every time :x It's really not so bad to dualize for money, though I can't help but think I'd rather buy 15 Rare Weapon -> Sell 15 -> Buy 15 -> etc. until I get some maxed rather than dualize over and over :x I mean, what else to spend 2M+ Gald on?

demonkaze

My copy finally came (both copies actually ...) and I'm loving it. Playing with my brother and we're on Evil difficulty. Random battles are pretty easy but the bosses are proving to be a fun challenge, the chapter 3 boss took us a fair few tried until we managed to catch him in a combo. Was wondering if it's ideal to play chaos when it unlocks or is it generally better to save that for a NG+?

My copy finally came (both copies actually ...) and I'm loving it. Playing with my brother and we're on Evil difficulty. Random battles are pretty easy but the bosses are proving to be a fun challenge, the chapter 3 boss took us a fair few tried until we managed to catch him in a combo. Was wondering if it's ideal to play chaos when it unlocks or is it generally better to save that for a NG+?
grind on chaos and turn it down for bosses = supahh powaaa

barrin87

So I think I am at the end of the game now(Garda Shaft?) so I am going to try doing the side quests. I found the Crash Site and got wiped out. I take it you need to defend like crazy to make it through that explosion. I found the green dragon in Barona and got my ass handed to me as well.

How many secret locations can you find? I have found the Turtlez HQ, Crash Site, Resort, and the Oswell Vault.

Where is the best place to grind in the game?

So I hit the part where
you are being chased in Zavhert
and I always thought you had to get out but turns out you can just randomly wander around the city and fight reappearing enemies.

So, why not visit the inn and pops up an awesome skit. Man, I wonder how skits I missed that only appear at super short moments in the game.

scy

So I think I am at the end of the game now(Garda Shaft?) so I am going to try doing the side quests. I found the Crash Site and got wiped out. I take it you need to defend like crazy to make it through that explosion. I found the green dragon in Barona and got my ass handed to me as well.

Off-hand, you may want to go through some of the dungeon so some more events trigger.

Where is the best place to grind in the game?

Uncharted Sandstretch + the ruins there. The former mostly for the shards but at Level 80 the latter still gives ~6k EXP a fight if I recall on Chaos.

So I hit the part where
and I always thought you had to get out but turns out you can just randomly wander around the city and fight reappearing enemies.

So, why not visit the inn and pops up an awesome skit. Man, I wonder how skits I missed that only appear at super short moments in the game.

There's quite a few. Notably, there's a few that are "enter dungeon, turn around to previous save point" around that part of the game I think.

I found out last night that I missed two skits from Childhood Arc :( I thought I was being so good on getting them all and here I missed two from the start of the game!

Okay, beaten the game twice going to do mop up duty and titles.

Which is the better way...

Lines and Lineage first or going back to the main game to do inn requests, titles and bonus dungeon with my 10x XP bonus?

barrin87

Off-hand, you may want to go through some of the dungeon so some more events trigger.

Uncharted Sandstretch + the ruins there. The former mostly for the shards but at Level 80 the latter still gives ~6k EXP a fight if I recall on Chaos.

There's quite a few. Notably, there's a few that are "enter dungeon, turn around to previous save point" around that part of the game I think.

I found out last night that I missed two skits from Childhood Arc :( I thought I was being so good on getting them all and here I missed two from the start of the game!

So you can go through part of the final dungeon and come back out before you have to beat the final boss?

Is the Uncharted Sand stretch right after you leave Oul Ray and you turn right instead of left? I went there and an enemy killed me in a single hit. That was when I was first in the area though.

scy

So you can go through part of the final dungeon and come back out before you have to beat the final boss?

Well ...
it's technically multiple dungeons. Part way through will get you the Center and you can warp out

Is the Uncharted Sand stretch right after you leave Oul Ray and you turn right instead of left? I went there and an enemy killed me in a single hit. That was when I was first in the area though.

Yeah. The enemies there are pretty ridiculous for their EXP/SP/Gald rewards but good return on Shards; the ruins are good for EXP though and aren't quite as hard as the Sandstretch enemies.

barrin87

Well ...
it's technically multiple dungeons. Part way through will get you the Center and you can warp out

Yeah. The enemies there are pretty ridiculous for their EXP/SP/Gald rewards but good return on Shards; the ruins are good for EXP though and aren't quite as hard as the Sandstretch enemies.

Oh cool, I guess I will play up until that point of the dungeon then. I will try grinding in that area then as well. I am currently only around level 55-60 for my characters. I could definitely beat the game on Moderate but I will have some issues on anything higher.

RetroMG

So I hit the part where
and I always thought you had to get out but turns out you can just randomly wander around the city and fight reappearing enemies..

That is an amazing spot for auto-grinding. I put on a Dark Bottle, stood between two soldiers, set all my guys on Auto and a book on the circle button and walked away. Dark bottle never wore off because I was
in a town.

Labadal

Just finished the Wallbridge section. I had read a lot about it and I expected it to be really bad, but it was manageable (and a little bit boring). I'm mostly using Sophie because she's so quick. It doesn't matter that her reach isn't great. I haven't had much trouble with enemies yet, but then again, I'm playing on Normal. Only died once on the first boss in the childhood arc.

My biggest issue is the Eleth Mixer. I'm on chapter 3 and only have 350ish capacity.

scy

My biggest issue is the Eleth Mixer. I'm on chapter 3 and only have 350ish capacity.

It increases with food created so just put one In-Battle food and one Post-Battle food that you'll always (or almost always) activate. Then just remember to constantly recharge.

barrin87

It increases with food created so just put one In-Battle food and one Post-Battle food that you'll always (or almost always) activate. Then just remember to constantly recharge.

Can you carry over your Eleth Mixer capacity into a New Game +? I am only at around 2,000 so I don't know how I will get it up to 9,999 in one game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So I hit the part where

I love that place to grind too. I ended up using Cheria for all of those battles this time since she can hit at a longer distance (and I wanted to get some of her titles).

And that skit is hilarious. I thought it was funny in JP, but English Hubert is so good at sounding irritated.

Okay, beaten the game twice going to do mop up duty and titles.

Which is the better way...

Lines and Lineage first or going back to the main game to do inn requests, titles and bonus dungeon with my 10x XP bonus?
Do the Future Arc first so you can get the Accel Mode and the Level 4 Blast Calibers so the EX dungeon would be super-easier.

I swear, there are a few things I want to add to the FAQ section of the OP (especially since there were a few things like the Google Doc and the how many battles to X difficulty that I added to the FAQ section at the last minute), but I feel like it isn't worth it to add at the moment since no one looks at it (and I can't edit the OP anyway). I think those things would be helpful for EU-GAF when they get the game over there.

On Chaos, I think his Mystic Arte was hitting for ~7k even with the Damage Reduction Title and ~+15 Rare equipment that has also seen some Beef with Red Wine Sauce boosting.

Re-reading that sounds so weird.
Why? Didn't you know that food will automatically heal you and boost your armour (clothes) and weapons (writing utensils), especially if you have Red Wine with it? :p

I want to say you don't have them but I only have seen a few of them period yet. Natalia would make a big difference though. But I have a feeling I'll just grind out my Stamps before NG+ anyway :/ I've got about half of them done, I think.
I double-checked when I went home for a bit, and what I said before is right. You can't get the Tales characters' cameo natures until a second playthrough. You can buy those weapons with their qualities on it from stamps during a first playthrough, but by then they wouldn't be as beneficial.

It's too bad. Some of the qualities are good, but some of them are rather poor--like the Barbatos quality--NO ITEMS EVER (it seals your capacity to use items in battle). But Natalia allows you to get 20% more Gald after battles if equipped. The Guy quality will make the character become petrified if they're attacked by women. Luke quality will make you do half damage to human enemies.

I really just wanted to know how it worked for the sake of knowing how it worked; not like I plan to do the math every time :x It's really not so bad to dualize for money, though I can't help but think I'd rather buy 15 Rare Weapon -> Sell 15 -> Buy 15 -> etc. until I get some maxed rather than dualize over and over :x I mean, what else to spend 2M+ Gald on?
The titles in Telos Astue! And other stuff? I guess? :lol

Are you throwing food in there or throwing items in there so that the Eleth Mixer can create them? Food, especially, will expand how much points the Eleth Mixer has.

Can you carry over your Eleth Mixer capacity into a New Game +? I am only at around 2,000 so I don't know how I will get it up to 9,999 in one game.
Yes. It's a reward in the Grade Shop.

scy

It's not so bad. I'm at around 8500 I think and I still get a few points per food cooked. That said, I do a lot of "grinding" when playing after work. Not enough time for story stuff so I just grind out for an hour or two or something.

Why? Didn't you know that food will automatically heal you and boost your armour (clothes) and weapons (writing utensils), especially if you have Red Wine with it? :p

Red Wine does everything!

The titles in Telos Astue! And other stuff? I guess? :lol

Oh yeah, forgot about buying the rest of those. Hooray! A reason for my Gald!

Labadal

@ Dark Shala: I have a book, some gels, some low % chance items and food in it. I'll be using food that gets post battle. I think that could help a little bit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's not so bad. I'm at around 8500 I think and I still get a few points per food cooked. That said, I do a lot of "grinding" when playing after work. Not enough time for story stuff so I just grind out for an hour or two or something.

Red Wine does everything!

Oh yeah, forgot about buying the rest of those. Hooray! A reason for my Gald!
That's what I do too. I don't usually play console games during the week because of school/work, but if I'm really engaged in a game I'm currently playing (like now, or Zelda or something that I really enjoy), I usually grind for 1-2 hours before I go to sleep on weekdays and then do the story stuff on the weekend. I did leftover eleth point grinding on Lhant Hill with Miso Oden/Rice Omelette/Crab Fried Rice with dark bottles while grinding artes usage points at the end (so it was one of the last trophies I got on my first playthrough), so it didn't always feel like a chore.

And then you have to get the 42 Narikiri dolls in Future Arc if you want a complete Narikiri title set for everyone... which means more dualization!

Red Wine should just be the official drink of Tales. Just like how curry is the unofficial food of Tales.

@ Dark Shala: I have a book, some gels, some low % chance items and food in it. I'll be using food that gets post battle. I think that could help a little bit.
Post-battle food helps out a lot. Sometimes I throw food in there that gets activated after 10 seconds elapse in battle too--but I'd been playing on Chaos and trying to boost support artes usage, hence battles took more than 10 seconds.

Sagitario

WOW! The last two pages are full of tips. I will make sure to read carefully when I get home :D

I played for 2 more hours last night after my last post and I actually ran out of titles to master... I NEED MORE TITLES! (thank you Chaos difficulty).

Strata desert is such a good place to grind.

Is there any enemy that drops Hazardous Liquid and Puffpetal Down?

Do I eventually get the option to fast travel to any place I've been previously?

I'm currently in
Stratah

You currently have a roundabout way using the TurtleZ transports.

Later on,
you get a ship that lets you go almost anywhere on the world map and then some.

You currently have a roundabout way using the TurtleZ transports.

Later on,
you get a ship that lets you go almost anywhere on the world map and then some.

Thanks.

I was hoping the TurtleZ would allow me to select places from anywhere opposed to the last town I was just in.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
WOW! The last two pages are full of tips. I will make sure to read carefully when I get home :D

I played for 2 more hours last night after my last post and I actually ran out of titles to master... I NEED MORE TITLES! (thank you Chaos difficulty).

Strata desert is such a good place to grind.

Is there any enemy that drops Hazardous Liquid and Puffpetal Down?
Puffpetal Dawn, you can get from the flowers near Barona. Or drop it in the Eleth Pot to make more...

Hazardous Liquid you can get from Ropers in Fendel Mountain Pass, and also from Red Slimes and those Star enemies in the Rockgagong.

You're trying to make plushies for money, I'm guessing? Don't forget you'll need some to make plushies (ex: Estelle, Prince, and another one I forgot about) for Sophie's 3rd Blast Caliber + a skit/weapon for Sophie later on.

Sagitario

Puffpetal Dawn, you can get from the flowers near Barona. Or drop it in the Eleth Pot to make more...

Hazardous Liquid you can get from Ropers in Fendel Mountain Pass, and also from Red Slimes and those Star enemies in the Rockgagong.

You're trying to make plushies for money, I'm guessing? Don't forget you'll need some to make plushies (ex: Estelle, Prince, and another one I forgot about) for Sophie's 3rd Blast Caliber + a skit/weapon for Sophie later on.

You got me!
Those stars from Rockgagong are the devil. I hate them :p

Your terrific memory never ceases to amaze me ;)

scy

Feather Badges are probably better for making money. You get Whirling Seashells for Collar Frills in the cave with the Ropers (Basaltoise) and Hard Scales (also for Collar Frills) are pretty common in the area generally anyway.

Gattsu25

Banned
Why did you hate Symphonia?

Story and characters? well, its Tales...
Battle system? Graces f's battle system smokes Symphonia's
Primarily the characters and story.

I didn't think the battle system was good enough to totally overlook the former aspects, though it was good enough for me to play the game for ~15 hours.

I'll just promise that if I don't like this game, either, I won't shit up this thread with complaints.

Sagitario

Feather Badges are probably better for making money. You get Whirling Seashells for Collar Frills in the cave with the Ropers (Basaltoise) and Hard Scales (also for Collar Frills) are pretty common in the area generally anyway.

I see
gtdWt.png

I am writing down all this stuff :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
While the feather badges are worth way more, I do think the plushies are nice for early game gald grinding. Or at least, it isn't a bad alternative for early Arles grinding (ie: plopping the ingredients in the pot and making more) or gald grinding.

But I think since he's still in Strahta, the plushies are more accessible than the Feather Badges. The Feather Badge should be your go-to after Fendel, though, I agree.

Just reached the
Amarcian Enclave
. I love the names there:
Fourier, Gauß, Poisson, Pascal
Tickled my fancy, indeed.

Completely reminded me of
an old calc/discrete prof's fixation on Fermat's Last Theorem, spending several classes talking about it and showing us the proof, and then showing us the documentary of the guy who shut himself away in his attic to come up with the proof for it. Good times... I miss stuff like that.

Sagitario

While the feather badges are worth way more, I do think the plushies are nice for early game gald grinding. Or at least, it isn't a bad alternative for early Arles grinding (ie: plopping the ingredients in the pot and making more) or gald grinding.

But I think since he's still in Strahta, the plushies are more accessible than the Feather Badges. The Feather Badge should be your go-to after Fendel, though, I agree.

You guys rock! :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Melon plus Gel Seed is probably overal better for making Gald.

You can buy melons from Lhant after the flower seed subquest

scy

Well, you can make Feather Badges in Strahta too (Whirling Seashells from the desert Turtles). A shame that the Venomous Needle drop is from a different region and a different set of enemies so you can't get them too.

ps, thanks for the reminder on the titles to purchase. Now I'm broke and actually need the dualizing moneys :x

Melon plus Gel Seed is probably overal better for making Gald.

You can buy melons from Lhant after the flower seed subquest

Maybe for convenience but it's only 1236 Gald profit per Melon Gel (2500 - 714/Melon - 500/Dualize). By that point in the game you can just do some quick equipment dualizes for 120-200k+.

Sagitario

Maybe for convenience but it's only 1236 Gald profit per Melon Gel (2500 - 714/Melon - 500/Dualize). By that point in the game you can just do some quick equipment dualizes for 120-200k+.

Seriously? What would you recommend? I would love to have 200K around to get Turtlez stamps.

scy

Seriously? What would you recommend? I would love to have 200K around to get Turtlez stamps.

Just to clarify, "that point in the game" refers to when you can make Melon Gels which is
the end of the main game
. The process I did when grinding was basically outlined in this post.

I'm grinding the rest of the Stamps by buying 12 Rare Tunics -> Dualizing them to +3 or +4 -> Repeat. Each Tunic sells for around ~150k and it takes about 20 fights to dualize all 12 of them. I really should do weapons too.

Generally speaking, I do the following:
Wicked (Base Quality) + Rigid Shard -> Rigid Quality
Rigid + Rigid or Grand Shard -> Solemn Quality
Solemn + Barbed or Stuffy Shard -> Haughty Quality*
Haughty + Haughty Shard -> Poignant (OR + Sketchy Shard -> Perilous)

*If I don't have the next tier up, I'll use Wicked or Frosty Shards on the Solemn Quality to end up with Magical and I'll sell that since it has the best resell of the 7-letter Qualities. Magical + Gallant Shard -> Poignant works too I just never have the Gallant shards so I use Haughty typically.

For the demonstration, I'll use a [4] Shard since that's pretty common. As listed above, that gives you a +4 Weapon with a final value of:
= (Purchasing Price / 8) * (CurrentQualityResellMultiplier) * (1 + AllResellMultipliers) * (1.32 + ShardValue * .12)

Ending as Poignant:
= (27410 / 8) * (4.0) * (1 + .95 + 1.0 + 1.5 + 1.5) * (1.32 + 4 * .12)
= 3426.25 * 4.0 * (5.95) * (1.8)
= 146,781 Gald, * 125% for the Tempered Value so final resell is 183,476 Gald.

Ending as Perilous:
= (27410 / 8) * (3.0) * (1 + .95 + 1.0 + 1.5 + 2.0) * (1.32 + 4 * .12)
= 3426.25 * 3.0 * (6.45) * (1.8)
= 119,336 Gald, * 125% for the Tempered Value so final resell is 149,170 Gald.

Pascal's Rare Staff -> Dreamer's Flange is also nice since it gets to around 200k Gald in a single dualize + tempering. I suppose that applies to all the Upgraded Rare Weapons but High-Grade Crystals for Dreamer's Flange are really easy to get.

Sagitario

Oh well... I guess I will keep trying with the dolls and continue to be relatively poor for a while (I will keep investing in Turtlez stamps).

That dualization process will sure be handy later, though :)

While I slowly crack away at the massive beast that is the final dungeon, I took a break to do more request and I slowly began to realize that to get 100% in this game it's going to be all kinds of tedious -.-

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, you can make Feather Badges in Strahta too (Whirling Seashells from the desert Turtles). A shame that the Venomous Needle drop is from a different region and a different set of enemies so you can't get them too.

ps, thanks for the reminder on the titles to purchase. Now I'm broke and actually need the dualizing moneys :x
Yeah, that's kinda too bad about the Venomous Needle. Ah well. :/ Speaking of Strahta, I think I might do some grinding in Sandstretch tonight before bed if I'm not too tired.

Ahaha, just wait until you attempt getting all of the narikiri titles for everyone. That's even more dualization.

While people are talking about stamps, how high do they go? And is it worth investing to get them to a high level?
Level 10. The values are in the Google Doc linked in the OP. Turtlez have the highest with 9 million+ gald to max out, and Lhant has the lowest with 770 K to get to Level 10.

Sometimes it is because you want the cartas, the Rare weapons, certain books (ex: the Striking Book from Stamps Level 9 for Turtlez shops), for easily-accessible ingredients if you're not having luck with stealing or drops (since Cheria has titles associated with cooking), or if you really want the weapons with the Tales cameo qualities (for example, you can buy a cloak in Sable Izolle at Stamp Level 10 which has the Natalia Quality to dualize it or something, or keep it for the 20%+ gald).

One town's stamp card includes a Glassphere at Level 3, and you need that for an Inn Request.

Top Bottom