• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Animekatt

Thanks Scy for your reply. Yeah I know my mixer is at a pitiful amount XD. I will make that crab rice, and miso soup. I might as well level it up more while I'm farming. At the start of L&L, I only had about 500 points, so I'm doing better haha.

So I'm coming up to the end of Lines and Lineage now with all my NG+ fanciness and still in love with the game and can't wait to get the Platinum.

One thing I'm confused about though - after future arc, is it true it drops you at the last save point in the game back in the main game?

If you think that'll help, you probably should. Sometimes I do that so they won't do anything silly like walk up to a monster while I'm trying to keep them away.

As I said before, it's too bad that there aren't a lot of AI parameters in this game like there are in Vesperia or Xillia.

Yeah... might just be me, but Hubert's AI is god awful.

scy

I do such an amazing job of making sure I get a post with numbers right before an end of the page.

Man, that's how I do it. And it's even better when you're killing a few birds with one stone (ie: getting battle titles for everyone at the same time, so that's why I do it in Lhant Hill or the desert so that everyone gets a fair shot at getting some of their A/B-Artes titles--and thus you're also grinding for your titles too). Try to stick with doing several things at once while doing that trophy and I don't think it'd feel as bad.

Multi-tasking, hooray! Really though, I just don't think there's good reason to not have two food items in the Mixer all game. There's not enough super useful Books early on and jamming the thing full of items is ... possible, I guess.

Is there some hidden aggro system that I'm not getting? Seems hard to keep bosses off the idiot AI.

It's proximity based and they have a taste for healers that are actively healing (or at least they do on Chaos). But, they'll still switch back to closest target once you get back in range.

Edit: I will say that both Asbel and Hubert are goddamn stupid when it comes to the suiciding enemies. So many Life Bottles wasted in Sandshroud Ruins from either one of them going full stupid. Not that I'm any better half the time :|

Thanks Scy for your reply. Yeah I know my mixer is at a pitiful amount XD. I will make that crab rice, and miso soup. I might as well level it up more while I'm farming. At the start of L&L, I only had about 500 points, so I'm doing better haha.

At least got a lot of slots or did you just go wild with Books all game :x

I always use cooking in Tales games so I immediately went to figure out the best way to always have the Mixer working. I mean, it costs you nothing materials wise and some of the bonuses are nice (Rice Omelette's bonus EXP, for instance, is so good for the first like 75% of the game).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah... might just be me, but Hubert's AI is god awful.
I always set him to Defensive whenever he's involved in a boss fight because:
1) His defense is among the lowest and his AI can't seem to understand that.
2) He runs up to enemies when I don't want him to and then he gets crushed, even when I set him to Balanced, or use B-Artes heavily.

So I sometimes make him use B-Artes only, since he can use those at a range. I feel like Hubert's more capable whenever I manually control him since I'll make him block at proper times or combo whenever he should to get out of the way of an attack.

Impeccable said:
So I'm coming up to the end of Lines and Lineage now with all my NG+ fanciness and still in love with the game and can't wait to get the Platinum.

One thing I'm confused about though - after future arc, is it true it drops you at the last save point in the game back in the main game?
Yes. Load your clear save from Future Arc and you'll be back at the last save point in the main game.

If you started a NG+, you'll have to start over from the beginning (unless you bought the thing in the Grade Shop that allows you to skip over childhood arc).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hubert is always the worst for me when it comes to the boss eleth bursting. If I don't make him back off immediately he seems to think that's a good trigger to run into their face and get a nice mystic arte present.

I dislike Vesperia's plat so much. :|

That's why I kept saying that the Graces platinum is not as bad as Vesperia's by a long shot. Graces' plat is much easier by comparison since you didn't have all of those secret missions to contend with. Honestly, when you compare the two, Graces seems like a godsend.

And then Xillia's plat is a cakewalk (outside of maybe the Best Subeventer Trophy), but it's mostly grinding grinding grinding.

Haha, the secret missions! I forgot to mention that, some of those were crazy hard. I remember skipping a few(one with required an easily missable item made me made me say screw it), then I found out there's, of course, a title linked to getting all of them on a single playthrough. :|

I couldn't take it at once, it took me a little over a year of off and on playing to actually do everything. I never knew the PS3 version let you skip cutscenes, that would have helped so much. The speedrun took me around 10 hours total, but the majority of that was just off of the scenes, and I still forgot to do some stuff like triggering the EX dungeon on that playthrough.

If you started a NG+, you'll have to start over from the beginning (unless you bought the thing in the Grade Shop that allows you to skip over childhood arc).

My future arc game is off of my NG+ end game save, so it'll just go back to the end with all the new titles, items and levels?

PS: Thanks Dark Schala, you're so helpful to everyone here - makes this an awesome post.

scy

Sad realization that I need to do Childhood again due to that being where I missed two skits.

...well shit.

I always set him to Defensive whenever he's involved in a boss fight because:
1) His defense is among the lowest and his AI can't seem to understand that.
2) He runs up to enemies when I don't want him to and then he gets crushed, even when I set him to Balanced, or use B-Artes heavily.

So I sometimes make him use B-Artes only, since he can use those at a range. I feel like Hubert's more capable whenever I manually control him since I'll make him block at proper times or combo whenever he should to get out of the way of an attack.

Yes. Load your clear save from Future Arc and you'll be back at the last save point in the main game.

Also... is it just me or do AI not really follow the strategies all the time? I tend to have all my folks set to attack leader's target... but they rarely seem to do that o_O.

I guess that is the biggest fault of the series. A lot of cool technical characters around that the AI have no clue how to play.

I do wonder if they will ever figure out an actually good battle system where you can micro manage all your party members, maybe something like those micro based RTS games or something like TWEWY.

scy

Also... is it just me or do AI not really follow the strategies all the time? I tend to have all my folks set to attack leader's target... but they rarely seem to do that o_O.

They're a bit weird. They seem to have an attack queue that they fill at once and will go through it until something causes it to reset. When they re-queue up attacks, that's when it checks for your target.

I guess that is the biggest fault of the series. A lot of cool technical characters around that the AI have no clue how to play.

AI Malik is infinitely better than my Malik :x I also think the same for B-Artes Asbel and Hubert, actually.

The AI in this game is awful, regardless of how much or little I customize it they never do what I want outside of Sophie <3 she always seems to back off and heal/rez when things get back, then jump back into the fray when were back on offense.

This is really noticeable with accel mode when the AI will charge it to max, activate it, then not use their level 4 mystic arte. Cheria and Pascal are the worst offenders of this and I've gotten used to manually switching over to them just to activate their MA then switching back.

I know there's a skit reviewer at
the Katz village
but does it list what skits you are missing? Might make it easier for me to do a second run if I find out what skits I missed out on the first run.

the Katz village
but does it list what skits you are missing? Might make it easier for me to do a second run if I find out what skits I missed out on the first run.

I believe it has all the skits numbered so if you can find a list of all the skits and where they activate you should be able to find them on a second run.

can someone explain how the mystic arte gauge work? Sometimes I can get it to 2... but that's pretty rare.

btw: when do I get lvl2 m artes? Currently just finished up the 'not mother russia' place.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Multi-tasking, hooray! Really though, I just don't think there's good reason to not have two food items in the Mixer all game. There's not enough super useful Books early on and jamming the thing full of items is ... possible, I guess.

I always use cooking in Tales games so I immediately went to figure out the best way to always have the Mixer working. I mean, it costs you nothing materials wise and some of the bonuses are nice (Rice Omelette's bonus EXP, for instance, is so good for the first like 75% of the game).
I just stick with the two foods you recommended (and early game, I use Rice Omelettes instead of Miso Oden (or whatever it's called in the English version because I vaguely remember it being called something else and then being all confused when I made it)). Boosts the Arles Pot so much, and then I just stuck a bunch of items like ingredients I needed to make plushies/badges with, Metals and, Red Herbs in there to boost the slots.

At least you don't have to boost the slots to the maximum 16 for the trophy. >.>

If you used cooking in all of Tales games, then... poor Xillia. :/ That game only seems to have take-out food instead of homecooked meals.

scy said:
realization that I need to do Childhood again due to that being where I missed two skits.

...well shit.
Awww... :/

Childhood arc doesn't take that long if you rush through it?

Impeccable said:
My future arc game is off of my NG+ end game save, so it'll just go back to the end with all the new titles, items and levels?

PS: Thanks Dark Schala, you're so helpful to everyone here - makes this an awesome post.
It should. Once you do future arc, and load the F arc clear save, you should be able to go back to the main game with Accel Mode and Level 4 Blast Calibers, items, levels, weapons, etc. included.

And no prob. I think I'm just glad that I can finally talk about the game with other people (since I didn't really know anyone who imported the game a few years ago and wasn't on GAF back then either), so I don't mind helping out every now and then. :)

Papercuts said:
Hubert is always the worst for me when it comes to the boss eleth bursting. If I don't make him back off immediately he seems to think that's a good trigger to run into their face and get a nice mystic arte present.

Haha, the secret missions! I forgot to mention that, some of those were crazy hard. I remember skipping a few(one with required an easily missable item made me made me say screw it), then I found out there's, of course, a title linked to getting all of them on a single playthrough. :|
I know. He always seems to do that and I don't want him to because it ends up screwing up a combo that I've built up sometimes.

LOL, I gave up on Vesperia's platinum when I realized that the trophies were preventing me from enjoying the game overall. I couldn't stand them after a while.

Also, regarding the English Version of the The First Strike, so are those sound-alikes, or are they the actual English voices in some cases? I imagine that getting different VA might be a little jarring.

chickdigger802 said:
Yes, you have a point. As much as I like this game, I don't think it's perfect, and the AI and AI parameters are the game's biggest hindrances. They seem to use up all of their CC for something they want, and then they seem to follow orders every now and then. But a lot of the times, they rush in and do something irritating causing me to switch some AI to passive and heal to HP @ 100% because they lost HP by doing what they did. The lack of AI parameters, and the surprising omissions of "Use Blast Caliber? Don't Use Blast Caliber?" and "Use Items? Don't use Items?" makes some of the AI stuff suffer, imo.

The only time I've noticed them following orders completely is when I set them all to passive and guard/heal when HP falls under 100%.

Regardless, I still enjoy the game tremendously, but I can't deny that the game still has its own problems.

Animekatt

At least got a lot of slots or did you just go wild with Books all game :x

Yeah I blame my ignorance on the whole mixer system throughout the game. I have 8 slots so far. I did equip food to the thing, but it would go off every so often, so I paid no mind to it. Since this post, I now have 1205 points and counting, thanks to your suggestion. Also need just 1 more Incredible Bone before I grind for the gears.

scy

the Katz village

It's so totally not the best solution but just check to see what each page starts and ends at (I think it's 1-10?) and then flip through until you see a page that messes it up (e.g., 21-32 on one page means you're missing 2 Skits in the 21-30 range). Then you'll probably have to find a guide to CTRL-F the Skit number.

...sorry :(

Boosts the Arles Pot so much, and then I just stuck a bunch of items like ingredients I needed to make plushies/badges with, Metals and, Red Herbs in there to boost the slots.

Yup. Though, to be honest, I didn't actually notice the book tab until like ... Chapter 4. So it was a bunch of food and items to make :x

At least you don't have to boost the slots to the maximum 16 for the trophy. >.>

Dear god, I thought this wouldn't be THAT bad. I mean, I got to 8 slots by Chapter 5!

I got slot 9 about 20 hours later. :| Slots 10-11 weren't that bad but I had shifted to slot grinding by this point. Plus Book of Fortune is a huge deal for this.

If you used cooking in all of Tales games, then... poor Xillia. :/ That game only seems to have take-out food instead of homecooked meals.

Oh well. I'll adjust / secretly hate it.

Awww... :/

Childhood arc doesn't take that long if you rush through it?

I guess. Was a little disappointing to find out that I had missed skits period much less two in Childhood. Just didn't occur to me until now that this means I can't skip it :(

The lack of AI parameters, and the surprising omissions of "Use Blast Caliber? Don't Use Blast Caliber?" and "Use Items? Don't use Items?" makes some of the AI stuff suffer, imo.

Lack of item use feels weird but, then again, in Vesperia it was 99% of the time used by Rita blowing all her TP so eh.

But as far as Arte use is concerned, I just disabled all the ones I felt were terrible/all of their Mystic Artes. Which was a little hard to figure out for Pascal and Malik since I never used them manually.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Someone call me when the costumes out. Depending on the answer I might eat dog food and rage or I'll love you all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
can someone explain how the mystic arte gauge work? Sometimes I can get it to 2... but that's pretty rare.

btw: when do I get lvl2 m artes? Currently just finished up the 'not mother russia' place.
Basically, it's dependent on how often you use the Eleth Gauge and how often your enemies get Eleth Break. The eleth gauge goes back to 0 if you touch a save point or if your enemies go into Eleth Break. With regards to the number for the gauge... if you want to keep that number high, don't use Blast Calibers, and turn your AI characters' Blast Calibers off. When you leave Eleth Burst, it retains the number it has when it ends, I believe.

As for Level 2 Blast Calibers, you get them through story events. For some of them, you get them in Chapters 6 and 7. Level 3 Blast Calibers are obtained via sidequests in Chapter 8.

For Pascal's, you can get her Level 2 Blast Caliber from the research institute at Sable Izolle. You can get her Level 3 Blast Caliber by
fighting the Mimic on Mt. Zavhert

scy

I'm trying to remember the 50-hit combo titles for them (since getting them this way lets you use the MA normally) but I actually don't think I have most of them.

kayos90

Basically, it's dependent on how often you use the Eleth Gauge and how often your enemies get Eleth Break. The eleth gauge goes back to 0 if you touch a save point or if your enemies go into Eleth Break. With regards to the number for the gauge... if you want to keep that number high, don't use Blast Calibers, and turn your AI characters' Blast Calibers off. When you leave Eleth Burst, it retains the number it has when it ends, I believe.

As for Level 2 Blast Calibers, you get them through story events. For some of them, you get them in Chapters 6 and 7. Level 3 Blast Calibers are obtained via sidequests in Chapter 8.

For Pascal's, you can get her Level 2 Blast Caliber from the research institute at Sable Izolle. You can get her Level 3 Blast Caliber by
fighting the Mimic on Mt. Zavhert

Every single time you get Eleth Break before Burst, it adds on number to your Burst meter. So if you have 0 and your opponent gets 2 Breaks before your next Burst, then it will be 2.

drakkykun

I've reached the final dungeon of the main arc, but I'm playing on Chaos and I'm getting heavily slaughtered in normal battles. Where can I go grind?

scy

I've reached the final dungeon of the main arc, but I'm playing on Chaos and I'm getting heavily slaughtered in normal battles. Where can I go grind?

Sandshroud Ruins; I wouldn't fight anything in the Uncharted Sandstretch since they'll probably destroy you (and/or just not worth the effort EXP wise). If that's too difficult, I guess just ... the previous dungeon works?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yup. Though, to be honest, I didn't actually notice the book tab until like ... Chapter 4. So it was a bunch of food and items to make :x

Dear god, I thought this wouldn't be THAT bad. I mean, I got to 8 slots by Chapter 5!

I got slot 9 about 20 hours later. :| Slots 10-11 weren't that bad but I had shifted to slot grinding by this point. Plus Book of Fortune is a huge deal for this.
I have never ever gotten up to 16 slots because it seems more difficult than the 9999 points. So much grinding for slots and you don't really need that much in the end unless you want get a lot of items out of your pot.

Lack of item use feels weird but, then again, in Vesperia it was 99% of the time used by Rita blowing all her TP so eh.

But as far as Arte use is concerned, I just disabled all the ones I felt were terrible/all of their Mystic Artes. Which was a little hard to figure out for Pascal and Malik since I never used them manually.
I'd much rather some allies use healing items or life bottles as opposed to sitting there or waiting around to dodge enemies to cast a spell which would take up more time on Chaos. Or waiting around to get healed by someone who's busy dodging attacks to cast the spell. :p

In Xillia, you can prioritize items to be used by the AI (ex: First priority is Life Bottle, second priority is Apple Gummy, etc.) or prioritize when you want them to use the items (ie: when TP falls below 25%, etc.)... which I found was a little neat. And you can turn certain items off when you don't want them to be used.

I usually disable most of the ones I don't want people who I'm not using manually to not use and enable the ones I want them to level up. I'd disabled Hubert's Instant Valse because he uses it constantly when my intent is to level the gauge up faster by getting CC+ combos for Asbel to use his level 2 arte or Cheria to use her Level 2 arte.

Every single time you get Eleth Break before Burst, it adds on number to your Burst meter. So if you have 0 and your opponent gets 2 Breaks before your next Burst, then it will be 2.
Huh, I've never noticed that before. You learn something new everyday! :D

I don't think they're going to release the Haseo costume today. >.>

scy

I have never ever gotten up to 16 slots because it seems more difficult than the 9999 points. So much grinding for slots and you don't really need that much in the end unless you want get a lot of items out of your pot.

But I want to make everything!

I honestly struggle to realistically want more than like four things in the pot anyway. Super Rare "OMG IT HAPPENED" Item, Slightly less rare item, Maybe something in between I need to finish up all the dualizing recipes, 40-50% success rate item so something happens every cycle.

I'd grind to 16 slots but I think it'd take me somewhere around forever and I have other things to do :x

I'd much rather some allies use healing items or life bottles as opposed to sitting there or waiting around to dodge enemies to cast a spell which would take up more time on Chaos. Or waiting around to get healed by someone who's busy dodging attacks to cast the spell. :p

True. Life Bottle use would be nice (and, for that matter, prioritizing Cheria to revive people instead of healing almost full health people).

In Xillia, you can prioritize items to be used by the AI (ex: First priority is Life Bottle, second priority is Apple Gummy, etc.) or prioritize when you want them to use the items (ie: when TP falls below 25%, etc.)... which I found was a little neat. And you can turn certain items off when you don't want them to be used.

Well that's interesting. My main problem with these is that I'll either be too poor to keep the items stocked to sufficiently really utilize this OR too cheap to keep the items stocked so I just disable them and do it manually anyway. I'm terrible :(

We'll see what happens when/if Xillia releases.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it bad idea that I am thinking about saving future arc for PT2, because I want something new that I can looking forward to do after we started over? or should I do it now to get over with it?

For Grades, I am thinking about bringing all things that I worked on titles, cards and etc over to PT2 but I am not sure about 5x damage or something because I am afraid that it might end up backfire on me.

I am thinking about

Inherit Cards, Battle items, Books, Stamp, etc (Expect Gald)
5x Exp, 2x SP, Master SP bonus (I am not sure if 5x and 2/3x exp stack or not.)
I am very concerned about 5x Damage because I want to get all 60 seconds battles but is it only way to go?

I apologized that I had to ask again. I need to know before I move on to new game plus or future arc.

God damn lack of any self control, just bought Pascal's cowgirl outfit and Cheria's imp outfit, as well as the bunny and santa attachments :(

scy

Oh god, Imp Cheria and Cowgirl Pascal? I have a feeling I won't resist :(

I apologized that I had to ask again. I need to know before I move on to new game plus or future arc.

You'll have to wait for probably Schala to expand more but I'd probably pass on the SP bonuses unless you're not planning on bumping the difficulty up. I maxed most of my titles on Chaos back around Chapter 5 and then acquiring titles kind of slowed down so mastering them after that wasn't a big deal. I can say that you don't really need the damage multipliers to get the 60s Trophies though. I've had zero issues getting under the 60s mark by just turning the difficulty down for the sake of the trophy.

Is there a way to use the school costumes without changing the battle theme?

No, there is no way. I asked about this last week. I liked those costumes but hated the music, so i went back to the defaults.

Do the costumes that came out this week change the battle music? If so, to what?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But I want to make everything!

I honestly struggle to realistically want more than like four things in the pot anyway. Super Rare "OMG IT HAPPENED" Item, Slightly less rare item, Maybe something in between I need to finish up all the dualizing recipes, 40-50% success rate item so something happens every cycle.

I'd grind to 16 slots but I think it'd take me somewhere around forever and I have other things to do :x
LOL. But you didn't need all 16 slots to fill out the dualization/items book. It takes forever, imo, and it's time that I'd much rather use to do other things.

True. Life Bottle use would be nice (and, for that matter, prioritizing Cheria to revive people instead of healing almost full health people).
I will never understand why she does that. I usually go in the menu and ask either Cheria or Sophie to start reviving someone if they aren't tied up and I'm not getting mobbed too much in battles. Otherwise, I just resort to the Life Bottle since it's quicker. It's silly.

Well that's interesting. My main problem with these is that I'll either be too poor to keep the items stocked to sufficiently really utilize this OR too cheap to keep the items stocked so I just disable them and do it manually anyway. I'm terrible :(

We'll see what happens when/if Xillia releases.
Actually, Xillia has a super-awesome early grinding spot where you can get a ton of gald, XP, and items to level up your shops to buy stuff, so I never really felt I was short on money at all.

Also, when you level up shops in Xillia, you can get discounts on items, weapons, food, armour, and accessories. The highest discount you can get for foods is 70% off, the highest amount for consumables is 50% off, and the highest amount for weapons is 30% off. I really do think that Stamps in Graces should have done something like this, but whatever.

You also get 750 Grade for maxing out the shops in Xillia. Grade is not distributed in battles in Xillia. You have to basically grind for it by doing subevents, getting trophies, using link artes, using character-specific abilities (ex: Jude Vanish technique, Rowen's spell boosting, Alvin's attack charge, etc), eating food 800 times, etc.

Jucksalbe said:
Is there a way to use the school costumes without changing the battle theme?
No. It's too bad because they look nice. The only way I can probably see you avoiding this is equipping the character that you're manually using with a costume with a different battle theme and letting that battle theme take over.

Sorry, I missed this one.

5x and 2x XP stack to give you 10x XP. Similarly 2x and 5x damage stack to give you 10x damage. If you're kinda nervous about those bonuses because the enemies get the same bonuses, you could probably stick with 5x damage to see how you feel about it. If you're playing on a lower difficulty (but most of my experience is with Chaos/Evil difficulty so I'm not sure how the lower difficulties feel), I'm not sure that the 5x damage on behalf of enemies will affect your party. I'd imagine that it won't feel like much of a difference unless you're on a boss.

I did the 60 seconds trophies on my first playthrough without the NG+ bonuses (on Easy, then reset to do the boss fight for real), so I imagine that having the damage bonus(es) and doing it on Easy would make the trophies substantially easier to get despite having the enemies' higher attack stats to deal with. You don't really need as much as 5x damage, imo, to get the trophies--especially if you're lowering the difficulty to Easy. But again, my experience with the game is on Chaos mode, so my thoughts in terms of difficulty are generally biased towards there.

If you're inheriting titles, you can pick and choose the ones to level up first so you can get certain techniques like Infernal Torrent, Incineration Wave, Plasma Shock, Abyssal Seal, Diabolic Rage, Phantom Pulse, Heaven's Wrath, etc... to make certain human/fiend bosses much easier.

If you're planning on bumping the difficulty up during this playthrough, I wouldn't go for the SP bonuses because on higher difficulties, they throw SP at you like candy. If you're planning on keeping the difficulty the same or similar to your first playthrough, take the SP bonuses.

God damn lack of any self control, just bought Pascal's cowgirl outfit and Cheria's imp outfit, as well as the bunny and santa attachments :(
Oh, those are the costumes? :lol

Reposting the pic, I guess:
00712resizedxzjli.png

01212vljul.jpg

Also, the santa attachments:

014128fkf5.jpg

01613wgk84.jpg

01723kmjll.jpg

Something with bunny ears:

02411ytk76.jpg

Do the costumes that came out this week change the battle music? If so, to what?
No.

You could always be like me and turn down the in-game BGM and play something else. >.>

It makes me so mad how badly I want the Asbel Pilot and Malik Detective (Bartender from Durarara) costumes yet how thoroughly disgusted I am at the absolutely ridiculous prices for said items

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Are the costumes even out?
Do you remember what number Haseo was? iirc, it was #159.

Has anyone else bought all of the costumes so far for Asbel and noticed that slot 159 in the title menu was filled by something else? Similarly, check if slot 163 has been filled as well since that's the Suzaku costume.

Kyle's costume was 164 in the Japanese version. I remember someone else bringing this up in the thread before, but if his costume's title number has changed, then perhaps some of the costumes may have been removed.

kayos90

Has anyone else bought all of the costumes so far for Asbel and noticed that slot 159 in the title menu was filled by something else? Similarly, check if slot 163 has been filled as well since that's the Suzaku costume.

Kyle's costume was 164 in the Japanese version. I remember someone else bringing this up in the thread before, but if his costume's title number has changed, then perhaps some of the costumes may have been removed.

Yeah I know that 2 costumes have most likely been removed but I was always hoping that they would just add it anyway... NO!!!!!!

I haven't gotten the new set of costumes so don't know where they belong, but title 159 for Asbel is blank for me. It's in between the suit costume and his school outfit.

So where do you find DLC?

Never really bothered with dlc on ps3.

It's in the PSN store. Would be under newest PS3 add-ons or if you search for Tales of Graces f should be in one of the results.

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but in addition, we also got a Peepit attachment, which is basically that yellow chick enemy or something.

In addition, there's DLC for 300k for 4.50, 10 levels for 4.50 and a set of those materials that upgrade to I think the joke weapons for 0.99.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah I know that 2 costumes have most likely been removed but I was always hoping that they would just add it anyway... NO!!!!!!
They removed the glitch I wanted to abuse during this playthrough to make it go faster. I imagine that they would remove the costume you wanted to use.

I haven't gotten the new set of costumes so don't know where they belong, but title 159 for Asbel is blank for me. It's in between the suit costume and his school outfit.
Thanks for this.

So if I have this straight, in the JP version...
Title 158 was the suit costume.
Title 159 was the Haseo costume.
Title 160 was the pilot costume.
Title 161 was the high school costume.
Title 162 was Leon Magnus.
Title 163 was Suzaku.
Title 164 was Kyle.

...kayos, I think you might be disappointed.

Edit: I want to see if the Idolmaster costumes are still in.
Cheria's title 142 was her Vesperia costume
143 was her Idolmaster costume
144 is her small devil/imp costume
145 is her school costume
146 is her Natalia costume
147 is her Geass costume

kayos90

They removed the glitch I wanted to abuse during this playthrough to make it go faster. I imagine that they would remove the costume you wanted to use.

Thanks for this.

So if I have this straight, in the JP version...
Title 158 was the suit costume.
Title 159 was the Haseo costume.
Title 160 was the pilot costume.
Title 161 was the high school costume.
Title 162 was Leon Magnus.
Title 163 was Suzaku.
Title 164 was Kyle.

...kayos, I think you might be disappointed.

Someone quick! Compare this to what's in the English

Geneijin

Yes, you have a point. As much as I like this game, I don't think it's perfect, and the AI and AI parameters are the game's biggest hindrances. They seem to use up all of their CC for something they want, and then they seem to follow orders every now and then. But a lot of the times, they rush in and do something irritating causing me to switch some AI to passive and heal to HP @ 100% because they lost HP by doing what they did. The lack of AI parameters, and the surprising omissions of "Use Blast Caliber? Don't Use Blast Caliber?" and "Use Items? Don't use Items?" makes some of the AI stuff suffer, imo.

The only time I've noticed them following orders completely is when I set them all to passive and guard/heal when HP falls under 100%.

Regardless, I still enjoy the game tremendously, but I can't deny that the game still has its own problems.
Random enemy formations is a huge part of that.

Top Bottom