• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

Eusis

My TV was made with special sauce :3

and get this, that's using composites. When I start using dem components..
I think mine looks fine for S-Video and Component, namely when it's not stretched out anyway (and isn't PSU for some reason)!

Composite on the other hand is kind of hideous.

As much talk as I've seen going around about the framerate, it's odd that in the few reviews so far it hasn't been addressed. Hopefully it's not as noticeable as others here have said.

CrazyDude

Gamecube version was 60fps and the Ps2 port was 30fps.

KAYOS I think I might win the bet :3

Have a look at your avi if I win.
iSf5Va4u8xs2W.png

What is the bet?

Persona7

Banned
So are all the CEs sold out now, or have they not been put up for sale? :/ Amazon has the "Notify me when this item becomes available" button, so I'm hopeful.

You can try going to gamestop tomorrow morning and see if they have extras. I think you can also have them check the system to see if other stores have any extras.

As much talk as I've seen going around about the framerate, it's odd that in the few reviews so far it hasn't been addressed. Hopefully it's not as noticeable as others here have said.

I don't think it's as important as some are making it out to be. I mean, I get that it's dumb that the GCube version was 60 and this isn't, but it doesn't seem like it's something that'll break the game.

d[-_-]b

Banned
I need to cancel my order but it already shipped from Amazon, how should I go about doing this guys, as it one of those things on whim but financially makes no sense as next month, I'm going back home for my wedding.

I don't think it's as important as some are making it out to be. I mean, I get that it's dumb that the GCube version was 60 and this isn't, but it doesn't seem like it's something that'll break the game.

Yeah, and as much as I love Symphonia I really don't feel like it's something I'm going to need 60 fps for like DMC or MGR. I would have liked it, but I really don't think the battle system here is complex enough to really suffer from it missing.

Persona7

Banned
d[-_-]b;102173405 said:
I need to cancel my order but it already shipped from Amazon, how should I go about doing this guys, as it one of those things on whim but financially makes no sense as next month, I'm going back home for my wedding.

You will have to wait for it to be delivered, file a return and then send it back and wait a few days for the refund. You also have to pay the return shipping if it a return.

Wow, that's..... disappointing to hear. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BUY TOMORROW!? Thief and Castlevania both got mostly meh reviews, and if Namco shit the bed on Symphonia, what am I to do? I'm at the end of Lightning Returns, and I can't wait for it to be over.
Where is your avatar from? I'm getting KLK vibes from it.

Also, if you liked Castlevania LoS1 then definitely get 2. The reviews do the game no justice. None at all.

finalflame

d[-_-]b;102173405 said:

Instead of paying return shipping, just refuse delivery from UPS. Then explain to Amazon via phone or chat that you do not want the item, and refused delivery. They are pretty awesome most of the time and should just give you a refund.

Seda

I've played up to Palmacosta. I think I've gotten used to the performance a little. I got the Sephira from the grab bag, so time to get some money.

Persona7

Banned
Instead of paying return shipping, just refuse delivery from UPS. Then explain to Amazon via phone or chat that you do not want the item, and refused delivery. They are pretty awesome most of the time and should just give you a refund.

If you do this I believe they charge you for sticking them with the return cost and the refund takes much longer (2 weeks +) than just doing a RMA.

finalflame

If you do this I believe they charge you for sticking them with the return cost and the refund takes much longer (2 weeks +) than just doing a RMA.

Really? Hm, odd, usually Amazon is pretty consumer friendly with this kind of stuff. I rescind my advice, then.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
ezFPf21.jpg

Let's just hope I have the same attention span I did when I piledrived through this game the first time. Back in the good ol days where I bought 5 games a year.

Just picked up my copy. Man, no manual or insert at ALL....was at least expecting the normal 2 page leaflet.

Sad.

Mine came with a pretty thick manual, 50 pages and all in english. Maybe only collectors editions have the manual? 0_o

Also, reversible cover, neat!

NolbertoS

ezFPf21.jpg

Let's just hope I have the same attention span I did when I piledrived through this game the first time. Back in the good ol days where I bought 5 games a year.

Man, those goodies brought back alot of memoried on the Gamecube, back when there were no JRPGs, and Namco threw Nintendo a bone with this and rejuvenated the Tales series.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man, those goodies brought back alot of memoried on the Gamecube, back when there were no JRPGs, and Namco threw Nintendo a bone with this and rejuvenated the Tales series.
Lost Kingdoms, Baten Kaitos, FF: Crystal Chronicles and Symphonia were some cool exclusives

Vazra

Oh I still own both Baten Kaitos games, FF Crystal Chronicles wasn't a true FF game though. My GC JRPG pearl is still Skies of Arcadia. Spent many hours travelling the skies.
It wasnt a true FF game but the core story was more like the first FF games than the later ones. Beautiful looking and fun to play (MP sucked for how expensive it was.) I have SoA but havent finished it. It hasnt aged well.

Persona7

Banned
When you launch this game does it have two XMB icons and you choose the game you want to play? Or is it a menu after you launch it?

NolbertoS

Come on Namco..give me Tales of Vesperia PS3 also :(,, throw us PS3ers another bone too. Did Namco announce when Tales of Xilia 2 is being released?? or that new Tales game?

Correct. Apparently it didnt do so hot on JP so it seems I have a head start.
I think it will sell more in the EU and US than it did in JP but I definitely don't see it selling more than Xillia, in any market. Yes its a good game but not only is it a port, but its also not that great of a port. The reason Xillia sold well is because it was a new Tales game.

Seda

When you launch this game does it have two XMB icons and you choose the game you want to play? Or is it a menu after you launch it?

One XMB icon. The first screen you'll see is basically the new key-art and a selection between which game.

Come on Namco..give me Tales of Vesperia PS3 also :(,, throw us PS3ers another bone too. Did Namco announce when Tales of Xilia 2 is being released?? or that new Tales game?

Xillia 2 is announced for the West later this year. Zestiria location is also already announced.

Persona7

Banned
One XMB icon. The first screen you'll see is basically the new key-art and a selection between which game.

Xillia 2 is announced for the West later this year. Zestiria location is also already announced.

Thanks, I tried looking it up for the Japanese version but could not find it.

Sagitario

GS called. I can pick up my CE at midnight, but I will wait until tomorrow.

Yeah there's no sound test option yet.
Other small things:
There's no toggle for the menu font.
You have to quit to the PlayStation 3 interface to get back to the title screen. There's no way to do it in game.
What?! Seriously? I think this is bothering me much more than the 30fps issue.

Localization Errors
Like what?

Vazra

There's a couple of techs / unison attacks where the voiced lines doesnt match the displayed text. For example. Kratos' Mystic Arte is 'Holy Binds' yet he will say "Shining Bind".

I think that's what he's referring to anyway.
Correct

NolbertoS

Can't recall guys if Tales of Symphonia will have voice acting for all skits?? The thing I hated on the GC version was the skits being a manga, rather than voice acting. I hope they have both the English and Japanese GC Tales of Symphonia opening music on the PS3 versions.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I tried playing with the Japanese voices and couldn't do it. Lloyd sounds too old. Also, The fact that it seems like you can only walk in 8 directions with an analog stick, was the game like this in the gamecube version? Because it's really bothering me :p

Can't recall guys if Tales of Symphonia will have voice acting for all skits?? The thing I hated on the GC version was the skits being a manga, rather than voice acting. I hope they have both the English and Japanese GC Tales of Symphonia opening music on the PS3 versions.

The Japanese skits are voiced, english aren't. And they somehow managed to not put in the awesome orchestra opening :/

Top Bottom