• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

Soriku

Can't recall guys if Tales of Symphonia will have voice acting for all skits?? The thing I hated on the GC version was the skits being a manga, rather than voice acting. I hope they have both the English and Japanese GC Tales of Symphonia opening music on the PS3 versions.

Skits are only voice acted with the JP VA.

NolbertoS

I tried playing with the Japanese voices and couldn't do it. Lloyd sounds too old. Also, The fact that it seems like you can only walk in 8 directions with an analog stick, was the game like this in the gamecube version? Because it's really bothering me :p

The Japanese skits are voiced, english aren't. And they somehow managed to not put in the awesome orchestra opening :/

What??? the GC US Opening orchestra isn't in the title screen?? Fuck that Scamco, that's sacriligious. Only Namco would go the cheap route to gimp us a PS3 version :( First it was the 30fps and now this. Unacceptable.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There's a couple of techs / unison attacks where the voiced lines doesnt match the displayed text. For example. Kratos' Mystic Arte is 'Holy Binds' yet he will say "Shining Bind".

I think that's what he's referring to anyway.

lol oh man.

NolbertoS

Mine is being shipped, I ordered initially two, one for myself and one for collectors, but Namco charged for an extra one, so I have 3 copies of the CE by accident and since I don't want extra CE's, I decided to ebay them. I use to buy extra CE copies, but don't have enough space, so just buying 1 CE copy from now on.

Timmy00

My collector edition should be coming in the mail in a few days, depending on when my friend ships it to me. I definitely look forward to trying it, I barely played symphonia on the GC so I don't know much about it. :D

Arkeus

Just got it. we get costumes for abyss/vesperia/graces/xillia/2 is we have a Xillia save, which is nice.

OTOH, having the costumes on seems to mean you don't get bonuses point on level up. Which is less nice.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just got it. we get costumes for abyss/vesperia/graces/xillia/2 is we have a Xillia save, which is nice.

OTOH, having the costumes on seems to mean you don't get bonuses point on level up. Which is less nice.

We only need the Xillia save to get all cameo costumes? Nice.

RPGCrazied

On a truck out for delivery! Really cool I'll be able to play this release day, unless the UPS man comes at 9pm, which he has done before. lol

Protag

Banned
Tbh, you guys are making this a bigger deal than it is.

30fps isnt the best no, but hell we got a classic on the ps3, and you can still play it fine.

Damn you guys are nitpicky

Springy

30fps isnt the best no, but hell we got a classic on the ps3, and you can still play it fine.

Asking for parity with the original ten-year-old version is not nitpicking.

Still looking forward to my £70, inferior EU CE arriving in a dented box on Friday. That's how much I like this game.

Fuck it, I am going to impulse buy this today. Loved Graces F and Xillia.

I'll attempt Double Platinum and keep the series shiny for me.

R0ckman

In some games, 60fps matter to me, like in this game, it kind of does, but not enough to be a deal breaker. Just glad to have the full PS2 version and then some.

Avallon

Need pics of the CE goodies to determine whether I pay for this or not. =/

NEOpeAN.jpg

YfyDht1.jpg

jtaTHtK.jpg

X8A0AGD.jpg

s28vh7P.jpg

9oiO1QF.jpg

uFhcBbV.jpg

GwvFNqm.jpg

SheHateMe

Woobly wobbly ka-tang, those pictures look AWESOME.

Which pisses me off even MORE.

Apparently, only ONE Gamestop here in the DMV area got a Collector's Edition. In Silver Spring, MD. And it's reserved. To a store employee.

So, in order to get one, I have to shell out DOUBLE what it's worth to someone on Ebay.

*sigh*

I give up.

Bladenic

It's beautiful. The CE is truly stunning. Starting the game now.

One bad thing though. My custom theme code won't work. Made sure I put it in right. Won't register. Anyone else have this problem? What should I do?

Avallon

One bad thing though. My custom theme code won't work. Made sure I put it in right. Won't register. Anyone else have this problem? What should I do?

Haven't opened my game box yet. Is the code in the box?
Also, it should probably work once the PSN updates later today.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I haven't redeemed mine yet but it's very likely it won't be active until after today's ps store update.

Animekatt

I'm perfectly fine with how it runs. I've played the GC version about 4 years ago, so I don't really remember how it ran all that much.

Like others, I tried punching in the code for the theme, but it gave me an error. I figured the code will go live once the store updates.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm perfectly fine with how it runs. I've played the GC version about 4 years ago, so I don't really remember how it ran all that much.

Like others, I tried punching in the code for the theme, but it gave me an error. I figured the code will go live once the store updates.

I just wish I could still use the gamecube controller, can't stand the ds3.

When my PC can run the game better than the PS3 I feel that I can be nitpicky, especially if I'm expected to buy an inferior copy of a game I already own. The disparity between the NA and EU CE is a real kick in the teeth.

CrazyDude

I noticed that there are scenes that are voiced in Japanese but not in English. Goes to show how they had to cut corners for the original dubbing.

Seda

Perhaps it's because I've played GCN Symphonia recently, but the framerate difference was obvious to me. I'm at Palmacosta human ranch and I think I have gotten a little used to it though.

Zafir

I noticed that there are scenes that are voiced in Japanese but not in English. Goes to show how they had to cut corners for the original dubbing.
Aye. Was the same with Abyss as well. From what I remember the skits were voiced in japanese, but not in english.

PKrockin

Perhaps it's because I've played GCN Symphonia recently, but the framerate difference was obvious to me. I'm at Palmacosta human ranch and I think I have gotten a little used to it though.

It's a huge difference to me. Not only that but it makes it feel slower or something.

Also, you can't change strategies without pausing anymore. WHY. That's so annoying. And you also can't rename your strategies anymore. No more "Pimp plan"... ;-;

Top Bottom