• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

kubus

This thread makes me sad I never found a USA store that would ship the CE to Europe :(.

Got the European CE pre-orderded but... it just feels wrong, you know.

Also had no idea they were going to sell ToS and ToS2 seperately on the PS Store. I feel bad for ToS2, nobody will buy it.

Don't worry ToS2, I love you and I will play the shit out of you <3.

decided to compare the "90 or so" tracks in the EU CE to the official track lists number, TOS1 has a 111 tracklist, so that confirms that the EU CE doesnt have a complete soundtrack of both games, all thats left to find out is did Americans get a better deal with the soundtrack?

ohlawd

off topic but SE is stupid for not releasing FFX and X-2 separately. Thanks, Bamco.

I have been stalking the amazon page for days and signed up for the stock notification.

They never restocked v_v
Keep checking since people are canceling their CE orders.

off topic but SE is stupid for not releasing FFX and X-2 separately. Thanks, Bamco.

I just assumed Bamco would follow that same setup with their well-received original and poorly received spinoff. I guess I owe them an apology. :(

But now I have to hold out on buying FFXHD until I make sure they don't release them separately as well, for whatever backtracked
(SE backtracking? INCONCEIVABLE)
ass reason.

Mistake

Gold Member
Is there a way to get the costumes from having another tales save without having another ps3 tales? I've yet to grab those. Maybe I can download a save somewhere else if not?

Edit: Found the answer somewhere else. You can get all of them on New Game+, that works

Pangya

Got my CE! The chibi figures are really nice. They are around the same size as the Good Smile petite nendoroids but with bigger heads:

2014-02-25%2013.36.25.jpg

Just picked up my copy a little while ago. Got a nice surprise because I forgot that I'd already paid it off! XD

I'll finish Lightning Returns a bit later tonight, then I'll get started on Symphonia.

ohlawd

ToS dled and installed. Let's rock.

I just assumed Bamco would follow that same setup with their well-received original and poorly received spinoff. I guess I owe them an apology. :(

But now I have to hold out on buying FFXHD until I make sure they don't release them separately as well, for whatever backtracked
(SE backtracking? INCONCEIVABLE)
ass reason.
yeah I really hope they backtrack on that. I have no intention of giving SE my money for a shit game like X.

Interesting. I saw this mentioned on the pre-order page but I wasn't sure. Kagari pointed these out now that it's updated.

You can buy the games separately on PSN. $19.99

Tales of Symphonia

Dawn of the New World

I don't think that was ever officially announced.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here I thought I'd have to once again be stuck with DOTW bullshit. So glad I didn't jump on the physical release!

I probably won't play it anytime soon, but I'll be sure to nab this ASAP.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Holy shit. Can pick up ToS by itself for $20? <eyes the CE I just picked up> I may just return this...

royox

-During the "Flanoir Event", Kratos no longer comes in automatically as the fourth visitor. If you refuse the first two visitors, you will automatically go with the third.

Wait...what???

So...how can you keep him instead of the stupid
Zelos?

Soriku

-During the "Flanoir Event", Kratos no longer comes in automatically as the fourth visitor. If you refuse the first two visitors, you will automatically go with the third.

Wait...what???

So...how can you keep him instead of the stupid
Zelos?

Get your affinity with Kratos up as much as possible.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
decided to compare the "90 or so" tracks in the EU CE to the official track lists number, TOS1 has a 111 tracklist, so that confirms that the EU CE doesnt have a complete soundtrack of both games, all thats left to find out is did Americans get a better deal with the soundtrack?

I compared the tracklist from my original 4 disc soundtrack and it seems like they cut the number of tracks in half.

Levyne

Banned
(Mild ToS spoiler continued from above.)

You have to treat him like any other character and get your affinity up with him enough.

edit: NEVERMIND

Yawnier

Banned
Just played ToS for like an hour and a half, my thoughts:

- Game is charming, I'm using JP voices as they are voiced and not completely silent in skits.

- Are the character models cel shaded? Because they look pretty good considering the age of the game (not Wind Waker Link good, but decent enough).

- I struggled a bit in
that first temple where you encounter the angel
, the beginning stretch of this game I find somewhat tougher compared to Xillia (in terms of allocating and managing your limited items for wounded party members, and the enemies in general are just harder to fight IMO you can't just press x continuously).

- 60 FPS would be nice, but the battles are fine without it.

did they ever rebalance it on ps2 to make it so where I'm not just spamming normal attack 90% of the time to conserve TP?

comboing stuff is fun, but you burn TP like a mofo without late game faerie ring. Replaying this and abyss makes me appreciate destiny team systems :X

FSLink

Banned
did they ever rebalance it on ps2 to make it so where I'm not just spamming normal attack 90% of the time to conserve TP?

comboing stuff is fun, but you burn TP like a mofo without late game faerie ring. Replaying this and abyss makes me appreciate destiny team systems :X
Nope. And yes no TP management ftw in Destiny/Graces/Rebirth.

They did make the Unison Attack bar take less hits to fill up.

PKrockin

Get titles that raise TP, like for Lloyd do a 30 hit combo, or use 10 shortcuts in one fight. The HP and TP difference made by titles is pretty significant. Or cook.

Otherwise, that's pretty much the downside to Lloyd in battle. He has shit TP.

Persona7

Banned
I got 6900 and 13 thousand something.

As soon as the UPS man gets out of the truck he dropped both of them, lol.I have not opened one yet but they don't seem damaged. Amazon just threw it in a box 3x the size with two air bubbles so it probably slid around alot during shipment.

Gamestop packed it a bit tighter but still not as well as it should have been.

RPGCrazied

Yes!! Just got it, man this has to be the best looking CE I have received in a long time, everything looks mint condition, and the box is just gorgeous, no dents or scratches. Well done Namco, here is some pics. Oh, my number is 6,643/18,000

Bladenic

Is it possible to screw yourself out of a chest in Triet Ruins? I can't reach one which contains Circlet for Colette. I've lit all the torches. Ugh, didn't remember this.

So in the Tech screen, it says "B Demon Fang" and "B Ray Thrust".

Is that B a reference to the button you use to execute the tech? If so, shouldn't it be Circle instead of B.

Cess007

Dammit Gaf, you're totally tempting me to buy Symphonia HD. I was telling myself to get it later, but i want to play it now so badly :(

PKrockin

"Long mode can be used now by The circumference of a TRIET desert."

lol, was this in the original?

Is it possible to screw yourself out of a chest in Triet Ruins? I can't reach one which contains Circlet for Colette. I've lit all the torches. Ugh, didn't remember this.

Leave the dungeon and come back, the puzzles should be reset. Not sure if they reset after you've beaten the boss though.

kierwynn

My CE shipped from Amazon this morning. Should be here Thursday! I ended up with a regular edition as well (I preordered before CE announcement and forgot to cancel) so I'll probably keep my CE sealed for now. Been awhile since I've played this game, so I'm ready for it to arrive!

Top Bottom