• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

FSLink

Banned
People always say this, Ludger isn't going to seem like much of anything on the first playthrough anyway lol. IMO Milla story was interesting and she was a good enough character to like, jude on the other hand was meh as far as story goes but i'm not going into spoilers since this is an Xillia 2 topic.

Yeah, pretty much what I'm expecting. Gameplay wise though Ludger looks tons more fun than Milla and Jude were.

And whee, Play Asia is preparing order. I got Fedex shipping as well so I'll probably have it before the weekend unless I can't get to the base mailroom....why does it have to be closed on weekends... But I'll put up a stream link on here as soon as I can.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fixed. You don't pester me! =)

Uh... I did get FedEX so I'll have the game before the weekend.
Well, in the meantime, I'll finally get started on Ys Celceta after my practical on Tues. Especially because of this silly little hurricane that's probably going to affect post and stuff even though I'm sure it's just gonna be rain and/or snow.

I'm gonna be poking/asking you about the story because I know that it's one of your primary concerns.

Aeana

Well, in the meantime, I'll finally get started on Ys Celceta after my practical on Tues. Especially because of this silly little hurricane that's probably going to affect post and stuff.

I'm gonna be poking/asking you about the story because I know that it's one of your primary concerns.

You still haven't started Ys Celceta yet?!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I used the wrong credit card so I changed it. Now it says "Order Received" instead of "Preparing." So sad... T_T. Hopefully this doesn't reset anything. ugh.

Netto-kun

I'll probably have mine a week after the release date. Meanwhile, enjoy the covers from the latest Dengeki Playstation and Tales of Magazine.

ibrjSQ32obHlNx.jpg
ibhcoiPs4l3JlD.jpg

kayos90

Anyone feel like Ludger's pistols looks dumb. I expected more.... umph. It looks... too generic imo.

fionel

Really enjoyed the battle system in ToX1 but all the maps were extremely boring and poorly designed and the story was a throwaway at the end. I'm not sure how much actual development time they put in this (only a year if i had to take a logical guess) but I sure hope the game is not as rushed this time around.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kayos and I generally joke that Xillia 2 is the real (and cut) second half of Xillia 1 considering how rushed Act 4 was, and also *remembers that people who haven't played Xillia 1 are in here too*
the lack of a final dungeon where there wasn't a final dungeon and the final bosses were lol.

kayos90

kayos and I generally joke that Xillia 2 is the real (and cut) second half of Xillia 1 considering how rushed Act 4 was, and also *remembers that people who haven't played Xillia 1 are in here too*
the lack of a final dungeon where there wasn't a final dungeon and the final bosses were lol.

HEY! Final boss is not lol. Well... I like the character so he wasn't so much lol but yet, lol. You get the idea.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
HEY! Final boss is not lol. Well... I like the character so he wasn't so much lol but yet, lol. You get the idea.
I tried the final battle on Easy mode once and it was so easy that it was very sad.

Golden Swordsman, to its credit, was relatively decent in comparison. The only issue was that you had to do the EX dungeon three times to completely finish that battle with all of its stat multipliers.

kayos90

mine is preparing order too...but it's still 29th...are they prepping order 3 days in advance? lol

ircc it's common for Play-Asia. I assume they're getting ready because they know shipments are coming in. They will most likely ship it Wednesday or Thursday.

Aeana

They will ship it out early Thursday morning (like 3 AM Central time or so) NA time, same as always. If you got FedEx, then you'll get it by 10:30 on Friday morning.

Looking forward to the impressions. I'll be buying this eventually, but there's just too much out at the minute. Hoping it's better than Xillia which, while I did enjoy it, thought it was one of the weaker mainline Tales games.

Torraz

My P-A free shipment - Asia version is also being prepared. Hoping for the usual 7-8 days delivery.

Seems like a good sign that the Asia version releases on the same day, and not later in the month.

Aeana

My P-A free shipment - Asia version is also being prepared. Hoping for the usual 7-8 days delivery.

Seems like a good sign that the Asia version releases on the same day, and not later in the month.

I've never seen an instance where that isn't the case for the Japanese language Asian version.

Torraz

I've never seen an instance where that isn't the case for the Japanese language Asian version.

Oh, alright. Thank you for the reassuring headsup. This is the first time I bought the Asian version so I was confused regarding the concrete release date for the Japanese version on the one hand, and the "nov 2012" date for the Asian version.

Aeana

Final Fantasy XIII.

Code:
Title						Publisher	Product ID	Release Date	Region	Rating
Final Fantasy XIII				Square Enix	BLJM-67005	12/17/09	JP	B
Final Fantasy XIII (Japanese language Version)	Square Enix	BCAS-25001	12/17/09	AS	AGE

Doesn't seem that way. The English language Asian version came out along with the other English versions, but I wasn't talking about that.

kayos90

Code:
Title						Publisher	Product ID	Release Date	Region	Rating
Final Fantasy XIII				Square Enix	BLJM-67005	12/17/09	JP	B
Final Fantasy XIII (Japanese language Version)	Square Enix	BCAS-25001	12/17/09	AS	AGE

Doesn't seem that way. The English language Asian version came out along with the other English versions, but I wasn't talking about that.

Oh. I should've clarified. I know the release date is actually the same but Play-Asia launched theirs a few days late ircc. My bad. I misinterpreted your statement.

Shouta

I watch Divorce Court like every day, lol. She's ridiculously hot for 52.

I would welcome a Lin Tolar.

Bebpo

Banned
Has everyone whose playing this finished Xillia 1? Or are some of you all skipping into this one?

This is the first Tales game I'm not buying/playing at launch in the history of the franchise (well, since I got into it at ToD2) because I dropped Xillia 1 at around 10 hours in and don't really want to play a direct story continuation for a story I haven't seen through.

I kind of wonder if this will impact sales because of people like me who got bored playing Xillia and won't jump on a direct sequel without finishing the prior game.

kayos90

Has everyone whose playing this finished Xillia 1? Or are some of you all skipping into this one?

This is the first Tales game I'm not buying/playing at launch in the history of the franchise (well, since I got into it at ToD2) because I dropped Xillia 1 at around 10 hours in and don't really want to play a direct story continuation for a story I haven't seen through.

I kind of wonder if this will impact sales because of people like me who got bored playing Xillia and won't jump on a direct sequel without finishing the prior game.

Everyone here has pretty much beaten Xillia.

I played, got the platinum and "100% completed" the first one, as I did for the previous ones.

Apart from Tempest I loved every one of them I played (not the PS2 only releases, which saddens me as I want to try Tales of Legendia so much). Sure Xillia 1 lacked some things I expected to see (strangely the most impactful missing element for me was that there was no NamcoBandIsle) but I loved it nonetheless. Otherwise I wouldn't have played for 129h over two weeks.

I played, got the platinum and "100% completed" the first one, as I did for the previous ones.

Apart from Tempest I loved every one of them I played. Sure Xillia 1 lacked some things I expected to see (strangely the most impactful missing element for me was that there was no NamcoBandIsle) but I loved it nonetheless. Otherwise I wouldn't have played for 129h over two weeks.
Nobody can enjoy tempest ... this is pretty much impossible , unless you're a masochist.
Also i hate arena batlles , but for me the thing i missed was the lack of cameo battle and lack of free cameo goodies

Shouta

Xillia's story ends up being pretty interesting by the end despite a few gaffes here and there. Combat is going to be YMMV though.

But yeah, most of us have beaten it. I still have my Jude Keychain item.

jae

Beat it twice, but it is one of my least favourites in the series.

Top Bottom