• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

It's very FABULOUS but I will admit that the plot drags and it really enjoys its use of stock footage. But it is FABULOUS .

-----------------------------------------------------------

I will be surprised if we get Milla's Ayumi costume though.

I don't mind stock footage or a slow burning story if the complete package is worth it.

Also which is the Ayumi costume? The one with the bunny ears?

It's an okay show, sort of like Utena with mechs and a Monster of the Week feel to it.

Never saw Utena either :X

I don't mind stock footage or a slow burning story if the complete package is worth it.

Also which is the Ayumi costume? The one with the bunny ears?

Never saw Utena either :X

I enjoyed it but don't really expect solid plot progression every week.

Yes, the bunny ears one. Supposedly based off an outfit Ayumi wore once in a concert. The BoA one for Graces was cooler though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Couldn't resist and bought some costumes. Won't get all of them since I think the graphics don't really make some look too great (like the cameo costumes).
Kinda interesting hearing some of the cameo costume quotes for the english VA, like that one Kratos line.

Took me like 15 battles, and I finally got the Inferia battle song to kick in for the Farah costume lol

Edit: Not the Inferia one. Meant the one that's for the cameo fight.

Edit 2: Apparently I can't think today. I meant I didn't hear the Celestia one. Mostly Inferia and got that one boss song only once.

Bladenic

Couldn't resist and bought some costumes. Won't get all of them since I think the graphics don't really make some look too great (like the cameo costumes).
Kinda interesting hearing some of the cameo costume quotes for the english VA, like that one Kratos line.

Took me like 15 battles, and I finally got the Inferia battle song to kick in for the Farah costume lol

Edit: Not the Inferia one. Meant the one that's for the cameo fight.

Edit 2: Apparently I can't think today. I meant I didn't hear the Celestia one. Mostly Inferia and got that one boss song only once.

Huh? Do the cameo costumes have different songs that play? I know in ToX2 the Emil, Yuri, and Asbel costumes had 2 themes each, one regular and one rare. Is it the same here?

Anyway bought Mint, Kratos, Leia Idolmaster, and Dhaos for now. Will probably get Milla's Idolmaster and Barbatos too, maybe Farah a bit later. Fuck Leon though.

Finalow

Ah ah your counter restart at 0 when you restart an adventure. Once you'll get your 727 it should go up and so on.

The same thing applies with the number skits viewed , what matters is how many you get EACH adventure..What you keep when you go NG+ is the stuff that is already unlocked.

For keeping thing simple:
Do you have the checkbox next to the title ?
Yes : you get the grade points and you won't have to bother with it ever again when you go NG+
No : you have to restart from 0 if you go NG+

Some titles are exempt form this rule but they are rare.
uuuh, so I have to finish that trophy in the other run. :(

anyway on Milla's path
the fight vs Muzet is really bullshit on unknown.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Woke up to see that apparently we're getting Idolm@ster costumes? That's great news! :O

Seriously, that's unexpected. I kinda hope Miku does well enough here for Namco to maybe considering giving Idolm@ster a chance here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I was expecting the cameo costumes, but I sure wasn't expecting the Idolmaster ones.

If only we could get the VA costumes. Does XIllia has those?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Woke up to see that apparently we're getting Idolm@ster costumes? That's great news! :O

Seriously, that's unexpected. I kinda hope Miku does well enough here for Namco to maybe considering giving Idolm@ster a chance here.
They are actually on PSN right now!

The cameo costumes are really, really well done. Rowen's Barbatos costume is amazing. It's worth getting for the hairstyle alone - I can probably say the same for Alvin and his Kratos costume, too.

Milla's Dhaos costume fits her better than her default. That is what the lord of the spirits should look like!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I only bought one costume, which was the school one for Milla and that was it for the Xillia ones when I played the JP version. They were pretty pricey back then.

School theme was worth it.

That doesn't coooouuuunt.
bSVr5cd.gif

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I bought the costumes and I don't like the battle music at all and stopped using them in my import play through because of it. I hate you Namco :/

Bladenic

I hope future Tales games let you toggle the music. Just in case I did want to wear a costume but not hear the battle music, or if I wanted to hear a different cameo battle theme but didnt want to have that character in the highest slot or whatnot.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well.... we'll have to see if the other stuff comes over as well. Pretty disappointed that it wasn't school costumes this week. Having said that, I applaud Namco Bandai. Like... seriously. They're going all out with this shit.

Stuart444

Well.... we'll have to see if the other stuff comes over as well. Pretty disappointed that it wasn't school costumes this week. Having said that, I applaud Namco Bandai. Like... seriously. They're going all out with this shit.

Most of them are coming out, only ones that won't will be the ones that aren't on the JPN store at all I believe.

PKrockin

Couldn't resist and bought some costumes.

Anyway bought Mint, Kratos, Leia Idolmaster, and Dhaos for now. Will probably get Milla's Idolmaster and Barbatos too, maybe Farah a bit later. Fuck Leon though.

Im@s costumes.

My money...

I only bought one costume, which was the school one for Milla and that was it for the Xillia ones when I played the JP version. They were pretty pricey back then.

I bought the costumes and I don't like the battle music at all and stopped using them in my import play through because of it. I hate you Namco :/

i'm disappointed in you all.

PKrockin

Namco releasing another set of DLC costumes for $3 a piece isn't something I'd applaud even if it is Idolmaster (a series i'd rather not be associated with as a Tales fan...)

uuuh, so I have to finish that trophy in the other run. :(

anyway on Milla's path
the fight vs Muzet is really bullshit on unknown.
This fight is bullshit on any difficulty.
The wya you're stunned and unable to move and you see the mysticla artes coming and you can't evade....

2 years later i still have nightmares and anger.

DOESN'T COUNT.

Seriously it doesn't

FSLink

Banned
Fuck Irony of Fate.
I want that Dymlos DLC for one of Xillia 2's characters just for Common Destiny though. That theme is amazing.

Kincaido

I can't say no to my idols. Even if it's just in costume form. Last one though, I swear.
Until Xillia 2

$3 for a single costume. I must resist.

They work with xillia 2 don't they? No no no I just can't give in!

Yes, so buy buy buy!

I couldn't resist the school music.

I spent the rest of my yen on Phantasy Star much later.

Hot dang, that's pretty amazing. So much better than Grace's attempt at school battle music.

Probably Irony of Fate + Irony of Fate Remix like every single Leon costume.

Edit: Oh, picked the wrong video. :x

I await the game when there is both a Leon and a Judas cameo costume.

I tried to download the Idolmaster PS3 theme. You can't download it unless you've bought the Idolmaster costumes. lol

Ah, I expected that would be the case.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll probably buy the costumes in the future. The fact that we're hopefully getting the anime related ones pretty much forced my hand for a 3rd playthrough through Xillia.

Kincaido

If we do somehow get the Star Driver costumes, there's a theme for it as well, but you gotta buy a costume for ALL of the characters. Scamco gonna scam.

kiryogi

Banned
Im@S is legit shocker, but that falls under namco if anything. . . I can only imagine StarDriver is a absolute hell no in terms of licensing

Rhapsody

Banned
You made sure to steal right? :)

It took a bit of time but with Leia+Elize healing and buffing full time it wasn't bad.

Yeah, I stole
one item from Muzét and two from Gaius. I killed Gaius perfectly fine. Killed Muzét and she does her auto-revive which isn't an item. Then over 10 instances she keeps healing herself without items which gets her to like 50k. Got her to 6k finally and then goes into overlimit before I could finish her off. Then she heals herself and then finally revives later Gaius to 100k.

Top Bottom