• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Holmes

What!? Right after I platinum this bad boy and totally done with it, some sweet costumes are released!? Xillia 1's costumes can be used in Xillia 2 though, right?

I hope future Tales games let you toggle the music. Just in case I did want to wear a costume but not hear the battle music, or if I wanted to hear a different cameo battle theme but didnt want to have that character in the highest slot or whatnot.
For real. Pascal's best costume was her school one, but that cheerful and peppy battle theme that played was just grating. My solution: put Hubert in his Flynn costume in the first slot.

Rhapsody

Banned
Finally beat the last boss on Hard.
Got lucky this time. Muzét did revive Gaius with resurrection sooner than last time, but I was able to kill Muzét easily when Gaius was still around, then finished him off.

Also, I'm assuming the ending portion where you see the Four, Muzét, and Milla's only on Milla's story? I don't remember that when I beat Jude's story in the Japanese version.

Anyways, I still feel like Xillia's ranked in the top half for me, but I dunno about top quarter of my favorite Tales. For me it has its highs but there are some things that just bog it down and make it unfun.

Edit: Beat it at level 70 just because of the bosses in the last dungeon. The last boss wasn't hard to me, just dumb luck and time consuming.
Almost have 5k grade though since I planned ahead. lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I bought four costumes and shall restrain myself from buying any more. I feel... unclean.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
$3 is nothing. You haven't experienced full suffering unless you payed for Vesperia/Graces F DLC when the yen was really high :x

kiryogi

Banned
$3 is nothing. You haven't experienced full suffering unless you payed for Vesperia/Graces F DLC when the yen was really high :x

La da de. . . Got most of Xillia DLC . . . and some of Xillia 2 DLC . . .

Actually scariest thing is how much I spent on Im@S2 . . .

heiyu

wanted to start playing milla side after clearing the game in hard but maybe it is too soon. i find myself skipping everything and no encounters till i find a boss. saw xillia 2 intro, GIEF ME NAOH!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
La da de. . . Got most of Xillia DLC . . . and some of Xillia 2 DLC . . .

Actually scariest thing is how much I spent on Im@S2 . . .

Yeah, I bought too many DLCs for the 360 games. Bought the first 5 or 6 packs for PS3 version of 2...

Rhapsody

Banned
It doesn't help that Vesperia's the one Tales where I really like a lot of the DLC costumes.
I plan on getting a lot of them someday. They're like 500 yen or something each though iirc :/

I haven't even spent anything on iM@S2 yet regarding DLC. I'll try to refrain from that as long as I can.

At least I have a friend in Japan though. So the only hassle I need to deal with is the conversion rate.

I just finished the game earlier today. While it wasn't perfect, it hit my personal tastes in all the right ways, and I had a blast the whole way through. Out of the Tales games I've played (Symphonia, Abyss, Graces, and Xillia), this is probably my new favorite.

Now the agonizing wait for Xillia 2 begins...

ohlawd

I just finished the game earlier today. While it wasn't perfect, it hit my personal tastes in all the right ways, and I had a blast the whole way through. Out of the Tales games I've played (Symphonia, Abyss, Graces, and Xillia), this is probably my new favorite.

Now the agonizing wait for Xillia 2 begins...

I'm pretty hyped for Xillia 2 as well. You wouldn't get that from the last few posts I made but what can you do.

Really banking on the holidays so I can get a 360 and finally play Vesperia.

Voror

Moving into Chapter 2 finally after not being able to play too much the last few days. Already beat three of
the Fell Beasts
, who all put up a good challenge.

Planning to get more in tomorrow and maybe get close to finishing the Chapter, though we'll see. Curious where the plot is going now as well as when
Alvin is going to be revealed as the traitor

One thing I'm not clear on is whether it was
Alvin
who sent those letters to
Ivar
. It would be the most obvious I guess, but I'm not sure.

TripleSun

Wow, hahah. This skit is killing me hahah.
When Milla freaks out about me direct tethering with Muzet, hahah. She's like "I didn't know you were that kind of man" and Muzet plays it off like they had sex.
So hilarious xD

I haven't read much about Xillia 2 but this owing money to the mob shit sounds horrible. Btw how much into the future is Xillia 2? cough how much older is elly? ;) cough

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I refuse to buy any costumers, ever. I can't believe people here actually are, guess I can stop hoping for them to actually put a good amount of costumes in from the start thanks to that.

guess I can stop hoping for them to actually put a good amount of costumes in from the start thanks to that.

I think if they stopped rushing out Tales games they could potentially put one or two sets of costumes in the game. Xillia has like four costumes total, does Xillia 2 offer any more?

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't read much about Xillia 2 but this owing money to the mob shit sounds horrible. Btw how much into the future is Xillia 2? cough how much older is elly? ;) cough
All takes place one year later.
I think if they stopped rushing out Tales games they could potentially put one or two sets of costumes in the game. Xillia has like four costumes total, does Xillia 2 offer any more?
ToX characters have new default costumes. They have access to their old costumes later on too. Ludger has a few costumes (at least 4 extra ones iirc). Then there are several costumes that actually change your entire character model to an existing character, and these are available for everybody.

Stuart444

I refuse to buy any costumers, ever. I can't believe people here actually are, guess I can stop hoping for them to actually put a good amount of costumes in from the start thanks to that.

We in the west are an afterthought to the Japanese market which these games are made for. They have already bought the DLC costumes and ensures future Tales games will have DLC costumes. Nothing we do will affect that.

What we do by buying some of these costumes is ensure that we get the same DLC that Japan does because if we don't get the DLC they do, we still won't get the costumes in-game at all.

People have wanted the same costumes that Japan has gotten (such as im@s) and we're getting them this time so it's not hard to believe people who actually wanted the same content Japan got are actually sticking to their word and buying the DLC they said they would.

Buy them when you turn the system on before you start playing

i just try to stay away from the shitty psn on ps3 if I can lol.

i usually use the web store to buy stuff.

Ill probably grab a few costumes when i have time for a second playthrough... who knows when that will be atm. saints row 4, ff14. gonna be busy for a bit.

Top Bottom