• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Oh, so probably the trophies where
you need to make your friendship with other characters at max (probably through Friend Link S items), completing Cat Dispatch, activate chain link OVL 1350 times, use 4050 link artes, find 700 different items, earn 100000 chips in Poker, etc.
might feel repetitive.

The description is 走者キャラクターが1分間以上ノーダメージだった戦闘回数40回

...so that means you have to do it 40 times.

I imagine that you set everyone to either manual or do nothing (better to set at manual so you can get this to count 4 times per battle), pick one of the turtle enemies or something that moves slow (plus something that's easy to beat), beat up everything else while not getting hit except for the slow enemy, taunt with L3 and then run around the arena to make sure it chases you, make sure 1 minute has passed, then get rid of it. You can get it done in 10 battles this way if you picked manual for everyone.

That's what I'd do anyway.

This sounds like Namco realized they made the platinum too easy in Xillia 1 and decided to go bonkers crazy for Xillia 2.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I played through AT3 a few motnhs ago after sitting on it for the longest time. I regret it. Anyone would be crazy to plat that game.
A few people had suggested that I not touch it when I said I should finally play my copy a long time ago.

Then I looked at footage and didn't want to play it anymore.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh, so probably the trophies where
you need to make your friendship with other characters at max (probably through Friend Link S items), completing Cat Dispatch, activate chain link OVL 1350 times, use 4050 link artes, find 700 different items, earn 100000 chips in Poker, etc.
might feel repetitive.
Yup. I'm not getting a plat for that now. lol

Finalow

I played through AT3 a few motnhs ago after sitting on it for the longest time. I regret it. Anyone would be crazy to plat that game.
how, and why. I mean that game is just so painful to play and finish, I don't want to think about getting the platinum.

FSLink

Banned
I 1000/1000 Vesperia and Pacman CE DX, and on PS3 I platinum'd Marvel vs Capcom 3. That's all. Definitely not going for Xillia 2's or Xillia 1's even, haha.

what ?
i platiniumed it ..

Yes i did the story 11 times. ( most annoying was to get all chests because you don't know if you've got all chests untill you're past the no-return point DAMMIT )

Voror

Nice to hear, i fucking hate Graces F characters, the whole lot of them

Oddly enough I recently talked to someone who said he liked Graces overall more than Xillia including the characters. First time I can recall hearing that too. Different strokes though I suppose.

do note that boss battles in xillia are like if baba shoved his fist up your ass while still having that goofy grin.

jrpg baddies should never be allowed to use items, ever.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oddly enough I recently talked to someone who said he liked Graces overall more than Xillia including the characters. First time I can recall hearing that too. Different strokes though I suppose.
Graces' characters are far from being universally hated, even if it is the most common complaint you see about the game. I have many friends who liked both the story and characters, myself included. Some of them even prefer Graces to Xillia.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I sorta get the boss complaints but aside from the early game stupid bullshit moth thing I have been perfectly fine on moderate. I've actually had a good amount of fun fighting them with Jude being pretty clearly OP as hell.

Kasumin

I'd be one of those people who liked Graces' combat and characters. The feel I got from the game was that the cast of Graces was like a family. Found many moments in the game legitimately heartwarming, actually. I never got that feel from Vesperia or Abyss's characters, that's for sure (though I like most of the casts in both games).

But I can see Xillia's story being better put together than Graces'. But it makes me sad when people have to put down Graces so fiercely when they ask about Xillia. Considering how much of a longshot the localization for Graces was, I'm just glad we got it at all. I'm not far enough in Xillia to judge it much yet, but I am enjoying the world design and the characters so far.

Voror

I'd be one of those people who liked Graces' combat and characters. The feel I got from the game was that the cast of Graces was like a family. Found many moments in the game legitimately heartwarming, actually. I never got that feel from Vesperia or Abyss's characters, that's for sure (though I like most of the casts in both games).

But I can see Xillia's story being better put together than Graces'. But it makes me sad when people have to put down Graces so fiercely when they ask about Xillia. Considering how much of a longshot the localization for Graces was, I'm just glad we got it at all. I'm not far enough in Xillia to judge it much yet, but I am enjoying the world design and the characters so far.

The combat is the one thing I tend to always see praised about Graces and I agree with that part. The family aspect I understand as well and I'll certainly grant that over Abyss, though i can't speak for Vesperia. I'd probably even say that for Xillia as well, though I do get a sense of camaraderie between most of the characters.

I don't hate Graces story myself. I was just rather bored by most of it honestly even when the occasional interesting bit would pop up.

Rhapsody

Banned
Still amusing Namco hasn't capitalized on DLC artes yet.

lol I'd be really disappointed if it ever came to that.

I'm actually surprised they didn't do more of what they did in Vesperia. Where ingame cameo costumes altered your existing artes and could be learned.
But instead, tack that onto DLC costumes.

lol I'd be really disappointed if it ever came to that.

I'm actually surprised they didn't do more of what they did in Vesperia. Where ingame cameo costumes altered your existing artes and could be learned.
But instead, tack that onto DLC costumes.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Using the cameo DLC costumes to teach them new artes.

I guess that's too much work for them.

I just watched the scene where jude and milla
were at the campfire after her legs were broken
and all I could think of was "hey jude, I'm up here"

Esura

Banned
Questions about New Game Plus and inheriting.

So far what I plan to inherit is
Inherit Shop Levels, Inherit Consumable Items, Inherit Material Items, Inherit Fashion items, Inherit Accessory Items, Inherit Special Items, Inherit Devil's Arms, Double Experience, Double Gald, Double Material Points, Inherit Arte Usage, Double Item Drops and Maximum AC+1.
I already got trophy and Grade Points for maxing out everyone so I too out the
5x Experience
for other stuff. My question is, is this a good way to start my Milla's route or should I allot points somewhere else?

I agree 100% with what you said about Graces f's characters. Never thought I'd run into another person who liked Graces f for more than it's battle system. I finished Jude's route in Xillia and I'm not sure what to feel yet regarding it and how it stacks up with Graces f story wise. Both are great imo.

Questions about New Game Plus and inheriting.

So far what I plan to inherit is
Inherit Shop Levels, Inherit Consumable Items, Inherit Material Items, Inherit Fashion items, Inherit Accessory Items, Inherit Special Items, Inherit Devil's Arms, Double Experience, Double Gald, Double Material Points, Inherit Arte Usage, Double Item Drops and Maximum AC+1.
I already got trophy and Grade Points for maxing out everyone so I too out the
5x Experience
for other stuff. My question is, is this a good way to start my Milla's route or should I allot points somewhere else?

You must have a lot of grade. @_@

Uh, shops levels and material points is a little redundant. I'll say don't inherit shops levels, materials, consumables or accessory items since you'll probably get them all over again with double item drops and double material points.

Get being able to hold 99 items since you'll be overflowing with stuff due to double item drops.

If you want to make all the battles go even quicker, get double damage and triple critical rate. Double link gauge leveling is pretty sweet as well, especially if you need the link artes and link chain trophies.

Inherit the skill items is pretty great as well.

Esura

Banned
You must have a lot of grade. @_@

Uh, shops levels and material points is a little redundant. I'll say don't inherit shops levels, materials, consumables or accessory items since you'll probably get them all over again with double item drops and double material points.

Get being able to hold 99 items since you'll be overflowing with stuff due to double item drops.

If you want to make all the battles go even quicker, get double damage and triple critical rate. Double link gauge leveling is pretty sweet as well, especially if you need the link artes and link chain trophies.

Inherit the skill items is pretty great as well.

I only got about 5330 or 5430 GP.

Reason why I was going to inherit shop levels and double material points so I can minimize the grinding for the trophy. Got tired of doing it on post game Jude route so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone by doing Milla's route and finishing maxing it out. I only got double items just to use up my last bit of points that was left over.

I only got about 5330 or 5430 GP.

Reason why I was going to inherit shop levels and double material points so I can minimize the grinding. Got tired of doing it on post game Jude route so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone by doing Milla's route and finishing maxing it out. I only got double items just to use up my last bit of points that was left over.

I managed to max out my shops levels on my second playthrough without carrying over the shop levels or through any real grinding (I know I got sick of actually fighting things I didn't need to by the end).

You'll get lots of materials from double item drops, they'll be worth more due to double material points and if you just save them for a x3 multiplier, you can easily max out the shops from just playing normally.

Bladenic

What should I inherit to make my second playthrough as quick, easy, and fun as possible? Half or full levels (I'm level 99 btw)?

Got about 7600 grade.

BY2K

Membero Americo
WTF Milla!?

She would have let Elize and Driselle die by explosion!? What a cold-hearted bitch!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WTF Milla!?

She would have let Elize and Driselle die by explosion!? What a cold-hearted bitch!
I just got to this part, too. Ice cold.

And then the skit about it right afterward is even worse. She basically defends her decision to sacrifice them and then gets admired for it. Damn.

What should I inherit to make my second playthrough as quick, easy, and fun as possible? Half or full levels (I'm level 99 btw)?

Got about 7600 grade.

I'll say it's hard to have it easy, quick and fun at the same time. :p

Uh, all the multipliers (exp, gald, item drop, material points) makes it easy to get everything and everyone to max.

Double damage, double link gauge and triple critical along with fell arms trivializes even unknown mode.

Also keeping skills items, special items, fashion items, artes usage and increased max item capacity.

If you can squeeze them into, Max AC +1 or +2, SP to 1 or TP costs in half could be fun too.

MechaX

Speaking of Milla, I'm just now listening to her battle themes.

Man, I forgot how much of a difference Effort Sakuraba has compared to "Phoning-it-In" Sakuraba in terms of music. Seriously, these Milla battle themes are so much better than Jude's battle themes by a fair margin, even though the last Jude battle theme is pretty close (and I absolutely hate Jude's second battle theme with a passion).

Cheska

Just reached what I think is one of the final destinations of Chapter 4. Is Xillia 2 filled with these beautiful jazz melodies as well?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Late into act 4, is
Nia Khera Hallowmont
the point of no return or is the popup just for this area or something? Doesn't seem like it should be a lockoff point but I'm not sure.

Bladenic

I'll say it's hard to have it easy, quick and fun at the same time. :p

Uh, all the multipliers (exp, gald, item drop, material points) makes it easy to get everything and everyone to max.

Double damage, double link gauge and triple critical along with fell arms trivializes even unknown mode.

Also keeping skills items, special items, fashion items, artes usage and increased max item capacity.

If you can squeeze them into, Max AC +1 or +2, SP to 1 or TP costs in half could be fun too.

I don't need the multipliers. I have all the trophies already except second playthrough and enemy sage. Inheriting all my levels would be crazy easy though haha especially with Fell Arms.

namDa65

10 hours in. Combat in this game feels worse than Graces F. I also play all tales games with one other person, so I'm not a very big fan of this link art system at all. :(.

Better story and characters than Graces though.

Videoneon

Wow, I barely remember this story. When was this? During the
Fort raid?

It's at the Milla side introduction to Fort Gandala. There's a cutscene where some mooks are holding Elize and Driselle hostage or something and they threaten to kill them (I think it was push them past that orange force field thing) and Milla sort of stone-faced tells them to go ahead. The mooks get thrown off by her comment, but eventually I think Milla captures one of the guards and holds them hostage, and the guards cough up Elize and Driselle.

Then Milla throws the goons in the Fort's prison cell and the dungeon begins. There's a skit immediately after where they question Milla but IIRC Elize and Driselle expressed apprehension and were unnerved at her response. It's been a while =P

Speaking of Milla, I'm just now listening to her battle themes.

Man, I forgot how much of a difference Effort Sakuraba has compared to "Phoning-it-In" Sakuraba in terms of music. Seriously, these Milla battle themes are so much better than Jude's battle themes by a fair margin, even though the last Jude battle theme is pretty close (and I absolutely hate Jude's second battle theme with a passion).

I'm a big fan of the second battle theme for Milla. So good.

10 hours in. Combat in this game feels worse than Graces F. I also play all tales games with one other person, so I'm not a very big fan of this link art system at all. :(.

Better story and characters than Graces though.

Better story and characters than Graces? And you have a Pascal avatar! But yeah, story is definitely better, though I like the Graces' team dynamic more.

I also dislike the link system and link artes but it's not a huge complaint.

Late into act 4, is
Nia Khera Hallowmont
the point of no return or is the popup just for this area or something? Doesn't seem like it should be a lockoff point but I'm not sure.

There's some miss-able events I believe but there definitely isn't any point of no return.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just reached what I think is one of the final destinations of Chapter 4. Is Xillia 2 filled with these beautiful jazz melodies as well?
Well...
In Elympios, yes. I wrote stuff about the soundtrack here in last year's soundtrack thread. Outside of that, it's atmospheric/moody/bombastic music.
There's also a lot of Xillia track reuse for obvious reasons.

Kasumin

I agree 100% with what you said about Graces f's characters. Never thought I'd run into another person who liked Graces f for more than it's battle system. I finished Jude's route in Xillia and I'm not sure what to feel yet regarding it and how it stacks up with Graces f story wise. Both are great imo.

Yay! Another Graces fan. I've liked pretty much every Tales game I've played (except Destiny PS1, but it just aged badly). So I'm willing to give ToX a chance.

Shouta

A few people had suggested that I not touch it when I said I should finally play my copy a long time ago.

Then I looked at footage and didn't want to play it anymore.

Yeah. The game doesn't even run well at all. The story is pretty stupid and the gameplay is awful. It's like 100 steps back from what AT2 was.

how, and why. I mean that game is just so painful to play and finish, I don't want to think about getting the platinum.

I was a fan of AT2 and I bought it at release when I was in Japan. I didn't open it up until a few months ago, lol. I regret it now.

what ?
i platiniumed it ..

Yes i did the story 11 times. ( most annoying was to get all chests because you don't know if you've got all chests untill you're past the no-return point DAMMIT )

You are crazy, absolutely crazy.

Good lord, the combat in this game is just so insufferably lazy.

It's like they saw Graces' system, said "hey, that's neat", and proceeded to rip it off and sew it onto their own game without even bothering to understand what made Graces flow so well.

Then, after seeing the unholy monstrosity that they created, some idiot said "You know, this doesn't seem annoying enough. How about we make all the bosses mostly immune to combos and link artes, the two core mechanics of our game? And then we can give all of the overworld enemies ludicrously annoying attacks that do nothing but stagger or stun you, whilst making it so that the only way you can sidestep is by pressing an absurdly unintuitive button combination! It's brilliant!"

Top Bottom