• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

So I just checked the sub events guide right before heading to the final dungeon, Jude can only afford to miss 9 and still get the 90 needed for the trophy... I missed exactly 10

tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

Not bad for blind, but still rage inducing

Edit: I can't count apparently, putting the table back down

Seda

So I just checked the sub events guide right before heading to the final dungeon, Jude can only afford to miss 9 and still get the 90 needed for the trophy... I missed exactly 10

tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

Not bad for blind, but still rage inducing

:(

You'll easily get it during your Milla playthrough though, even if you skip every other event there's three really easy Milla-side subevents at the beginning of chapter 4.

Same thing with skits, I had like 218/220 after Judes side, but there's several Milla-side skits that'll easily get one over that number.

Thorgal

I was kinda shocked to find the idolmaster costumes on sales here in europe.

since i thought because of licencing issues and there absence in Graces that they could not be localized outside of japan . so what happened ?

i still bought them just as every other costume ...... i have no restraint.

Couple of questions:

1) What's the maximum possible amount of grade if I get every single title? I beat the game and checked out the grade shop and it looks like you need upwards of 12-15k grade to buy everything. I only have around 4.5k :(

Also, some of these trophies look crazy hard to get.

2) I'm short like 15 skits and I'm in postgame, am I hosed on that trophy? Or will I easily pick them up on the second playthrough with Jude (I played Milla the first time around)? Weird because I followed the sub-event guide and I don't see any obvious locations where I could have missed anything.

3) How do I easily get the titles where I have to use the partner's skill like 450 times? The entire game I linked with Jude and he only used his restore like 150 times.

4) Is the EX dungeon
randomly generated every single time I go in? I was wondering how to get 800 treasure chests, but if it's randomly generated, then I guess every time I go in there will be new chests
. Also about the EX dungeon,
is there a boss somewhere? How do I find him? Seems like just random wandering around between areas with no rhyme or reason as to how to actually get anywhere

Couple of questions:

1) What's the maximum possible amount of grade if I get every single title? I beat the game and checked out the grade shop and it looks like you need upwards of 12-15k grade to buy everything. I only have around 4k :(

2) I'm short like 15 skits and I'm in postgame, am I hosed on that trophy? Or will I easily pick them up on the second playthrough with Jude (I played Milla the first time around)? Weird because I followed the sub-event guide and I don't see any obvious locations where I could have missed anything.

3) How do I easily get the titles where I have to use the partner's skill like 450 times? The entire game I linked with Jude and he only used his restore like 150 times.

4) Is the EX dungeon
randomly generated every single time I go in? I was wondering how to get 800 treasure chests, but if it's randomly generated, then I guess every time I go in there will be new chests
is there a boss somewhere? How do I find him? Seems like just random wandering around between areas with no rhyme or reason as to how to actually get anywhere

1) Max is 10,000 grade, you can't purchase everything though some things are kind of redundant

2) Can't answer dunno

3) Jude's skill only activates when you're knocked to the ground and don't hit square to quick recover. You have to un-learn "hit square to recover" to let Jude do it for you. Leia you have to knock the enemy on the ground before she'll attempt to steal. The others are easy to get if you fight a foe the game recommends you partner with X for and just run at it with both of you using minimum damage skills

4) Can't answer dunno

Seda

Couple of questions:

1) What's the maximum possible amount of grade if I get every single title? I beat the game and checked out the grade shop and it looks like you need upwards of 12-15k grade to buy everything. I only have around 4.5k :(

4) Is the EX dungeon

10,000 grade is the highest. You can get more skits if you do some of the character abilities like stealing or staff elongation for Leia. But yes there are several Jude side only skits that'll catch you up in the second playthrough. As for the titles, you just have to grind them out, you have to find certain strategies for the best way for each one. Jude's restore was one of the more annoying ones. I controlled Milla and had the horse enemies in the EX dungeon knock her down when she was unlinked, and then linked with Jude in Mid air. Then after he restored her, unlinked and repeated. I toggled the link because I found it easier for Milla to get knocked down and manual Jude was less obtrusive.

The ex dungeon is not random. There are 20 rooms before the boss. Then after beating the boss you can go through the dungeon again and the boss will be after 25 floors (and he'll be powered up) and then 30 floors the third time through. There are of course lots of chests and loot points in the EX dungeon to find for both those titles.

(there are like one or two 'floors' that have two different rooms you can get to depending on which portal you take, but 95% of the rooms are the same.)

10,000 grade is the highest. You can get more skits if you do some of the character abilities like stealing or staff elongation for Leia. But yes there are several Jude side only skits that'll catch you up in the second playthrough. As for the titles, you just have to grind them out, you have to find certain strategies for the best way for each one. Jude's restore was one of the more annoying ones. I controlled Milla and had the horse enemies in the EX dungeon knock her down when she was unlinked, and then linked with Jude in Mid air. Then after he restored her, unlinked and repeated. I toggled the link because I found it easier for Milla to get knocked down and manual Jude was less obtrusive.

The ex dungeon is not random. There are 20 rooms before the boss. Then after beating the boss you can go through the dungeon again and the boss will be after 25 floors (and he'll be powered up) and then 30 floors the third time through. There are of course lots of chests and loot points in the EX dungeon to find for both those titles.

(there are like one or two 'floors' that have two different rooms you can get to depending on which portal you take, but 95% of the rooms are the same.)

So does it matter which portals I go through? Or just as long as I make it through 20 green portals, I'm at the boss?

Seda

So does it matter which portals I go through? Or just as long as I make it through 20 green portals, I'm at the boss?

No it doesn't matter. I think there are 2 versions of floor 2 for instance but otherwise the 'rooms' are the same. There's a save point before the boss. And grabs all the chests and loot points you can for titles.

No it doesn't matter. I think there are 2 versions of floor 2 for instance but otherwise the 'rooms' are the same. There's a save point before the boss. And grabs all the chests and loot points you can for titles.

Ahh I did find a save point but it just took me to another room. I'll keep wandering around tonight. Kind of a dumb Ex dungeon in my opinion though, and the monsters seem really week compred to in previous games. Maybe I'm just overlevelled though.

Gartooth

Does progress towards trophies/titles carry to NG+ in regards to the amount of times I've used a character trait/link partner skill as long as I buy the battle record with my grade?

Rhapsody

Banned
I think I was 15 skits or so short too on Milla's side. The only subquest I missed was the last part of Karla though.
There are some skits that are related to using abilities like backstep, steal, etc, but I still couldn't get the title.

MechaX

Huh, I never would have thought that one throwaway sub-event would create a massive flaw with the antagonist's goals.

I did that Shape of the World subquest and it was revealed that Rieze Maxia's reliance on spirit artes would most likely fuck up the world just like Elympios at some point. Given how Gaius's ultimate goal begins and ends at "stop spyrix use," I doubt anything under his regime would have figured this out, let alone stop relying on the thing that makes people of his world so much more powerful. I just found it interesting that it was only through Jude's wishy-washy "I wanna help everyone!" that he might have discovered a big problem that seemingly no one else really knows about.

So is there some trick on the final boss to stop
Muzet from constantly healing herself? Seriously I've stolen from both her and Gaius and yet she can still go from 30k to 80k health in like 5 seconds -.-

Edit: The trick is just switch to Alvin and spam charged variable trigger
it kept me away from both while keeping Muzet stun locked always

Edit2: I wish I had known you got to exp for the final boss or I would have used a stat boosting meal item instead of an exp boosting one lol

Edit3: I'll need to sleep on it and give it some thought, but this might beat Vesperia as the best overall Tales game. My rage at that one Jude/Alvin scene being the only real negative.

They're just all easier alone. Though I do think he's easier than Jiao or Agria.

All bosses in this game are easier solo, that's probably why he's easier then solo Jiao or solo Agria as both can summon monsters constantly. Though even in the various paired fights he is always the weakest link.

Videoneon

All bosses in this game are easier solo, that's probably why he's easier then solo Jiao or solo Agria as both can summon monsters constantly. Though even in the various paired fights he is always the weakest link.

I guess I should've prefaced my comment with the bolded. =P I do agree though.

But I do think Presa is also a weak link. Non threatening melee stuff, if you hit her out of casting she'll just run away if not being comboed. I think it's just the dynamic/optimal strategy of fights that make her more threatening than she really is (i.e. in the
Wingul/Presa/
fight, it's better to go after the former as the former is an aggressive melee character, albeit with limited range and limited spells (
though i don't think he uses arrivederci that early
.)

Basically with consistent pressure these two fold more easily than Agria or Jiao. Presa can't even cast, Wingul doesn't have goons for additional support and he'll just run after you and get himself in trouble, etc. Also IIRC Wingul's ;aksdjfl;kasjdfl;ksjdf LIGHTNING NOVA is single target.

edit bassforever's above comment: there's no solo Presa fight. also i didn't account for elemental resistance, because I don't feel like it's super necessary esp. in a solo setting. for the sake of winning hard fights though, go for it

solid mike

Hey guys, I've just arrived at For Gandala. I've noticed in some screens that people reach around 40-70 max hits in their fights but my highest has only been 18.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I mainly use Jude, Alvin and Milla but I never get to do lengthy combos as my AC gets depleted pretty quickly even with the Skills that add AC points.

demidar

Presa's a weak link because she's weak to fire, ergo extremely susceptible to Fireballs. Also her Mystic Arte sometimes hits for an amazing 1 damage.

Gartooth

In regards to that one scene that seems to be controversial (the one at the end of Act 3 / beginning of Act 4 on Jude's side)
Alvin gets a free pass because after everything he had been through and every horrible deed he had done, even at the expense of Milla's own death, the Schism remained intact. I think that was enough to drive him desperate, thus accepting Muzet's offer despite never actually following through with the job 100%. Jude's depression period did piss me off, but it was ultimately his treatment of Leia and refusing to put aside his shitty behavior to deal with Alvin in a crisis that got me on edge more than his terrible bedside manners. The fact that Leia had to say the most simple thing, "that Milla chose to gave her life to save you" combined with Leia being shot, in order to bring Jude's senses back is just astonishingly bad. At the very least though that version of Jude didn't have as much presence in the game as I was worried about and the ordeal was over fairly quickly.

Overall, that scene to me was good character development for Alvin, necessary for Jude in order to cut his complete dependence on Milla (although not to that extent), made Leia look like a saint, and honestly made Muzet a much much worse character than Jude was in that 15 minutes.

(Ending spoilers)
Also everyone likes to give the party shit for forgiving Alvin so quickly, that's nothing compared to how easily accepting Milla was of Muzet in the ending despite her mass killing of Milla's own people.

Hey guys, I've just arrived at For Gandala. I've noticed in some screens that people reach around 40-70 max hits in their fights but my highest has only been 18.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I mainly use Jude, Alvin and Milla but I never get to do lengthy combos as my AC gets depleted pretty quickly even with the Skills that add AC points.

I am having the same problem. I am trying to string together hits, but my highest is only like 25.

SaintZ

So should I attempt Magnus Zero first or the Arena?
The arena is way easier than Magnus Zero.

I'm 2 levels from hitting 99 with Alvin and Rowen yay (they're the only ones left). After that I'll start Milla's side. And I hope I can get the subevent trophy *fist in the air*

Bladenic

The arena is way easier than Magnus Zero.

I'm 2 levels from hitting 99 with Alvin and Rowen yay (they're the only ones left). After that I'll start Milla's side. And I hope I can get the subevent trophy *fist in the air*

I'm already midway through Milla's side. Will finish this evening. You tried it.

I heard that this game is similar to FF XIII in some ways. Could someone tell my why this is, and what makes this Tales game so different? I think I am going to pick this one up today because I really like the aesthetics....and will buy pretty much any JRPG nowadays.

Also, hows the story?

I heard that this game is similar to FF XIII in some ways. Could someone tell my why this is, and what makes this Tales game so different? I think I am going to pick this one up today because I really like the aesthetics....and will buy pretty much any JRPG nowadays.

Also, hows the story?

I'm not seeing the similarities.

Also, hows the story?

Everything about this game is better then final fantasy 13. Some of the ways this game is similar to 13 would be spoiler territory. Honestly try the game yourself it's very enjoyable

SaintZ

Also, hows the story?
There are elements in the story that are somewhat similar to FFXIII's. And some people compare Lightning and Milla.

Everything about this game is better then final fantasy 13. Some of the ways this game is similar to 13 would be spoiler territory. Honestly try the game yourself it's very enjoyable

Seeing as XIII is one of my favorites of the gen, I'd say I have good stuff to look forward to with this one. I will give it a shot then. Kinda wish Sakuraba wasn't composing, but oh well. I hope it has a better OST than Graces.

Rhapsody

Banned
Seeing as XIII is one of my favorites of the gen, I'd say I have good stuff to look forward to with this one. I will give it a shot then. Kinda wish Sakuraba wasn't composing, but oh well. I hope it has a better OST than Graces.

This was "slightly try hard" Sakuraba. There are some good tracks here and there. Miles above Graces OST imo.
While not all of them are great, I can actually recall tunes better in this one.

I have the ost cd that came with the game it's a lot better then graces f. The song that plays in the final dungeon in particular is boss

branny

Echoing what people are saying about the soundtrack compared to Graces--it's no contest. Graces is still more fun to play, though. :(

edit: I think if Xillia didn't have giant fields filled with environmental loot meant to torment OCD people, it'd at least be less of a nuisance to explore new areas.

Opened the box and I feel kinda sad there's no manual whatsoever. Oh well, sign of the times I Imagine. Let me guess, the Japanese version has a nice manual full of pretty pictures? At least we are getting this game over here so I shouldn't complain.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Let me guess, the Japanese version has a nice manual full of pretty pictures?

Yeah, the US version (as far as I know) has the "manual" printed on the the back of the cover inlet, the EU version has a very thin b/w manual and the Japanese version has a pretty thick full color manual.

Top Bottom