• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
I completely forgot this was coming out next week! I'm worried what early reviews are going to look like, but I had a blast playing it during E3.

Of course the E3 demo was very short and consisted mainly of wandering around a field.

Also, I have no idea when my review will be ready for this. I'm probably not getting my copy for GamesBeat until....Tuesday or so. I wonder if any other US outlets are in the same boat.

chrono01

Just perfect. I had pre-ordered the CE from Gamestop.com way back when it was announced since EBGames.ca didn't have it available, but later pre-ordered it there once they listed it. I had originally thought that I went back and cancelled my Gamestop.com pre-order, but upon checking my credit card tonight I saw a charge listed for it. -_-

Now normally I would simply cancel my EBGames.ca and just go ahead with the purchase. However, since I live in Canada and they use UPS, I'm probably looking at another $30-$40 in brokerage charges once it reaches my door. That I'm NOT okay with.

I sent them an email with urgency, so here's hoping they catch it in-time. I tried to cancel through the site but it won't let me.

I've heard that I can change my delivery option through UPS and opt to "Refuse Delivery". How exactly does that work? I assume I won't get refunded the shipping charges.

I can't believe I made this mistake. I'm usually super-careful about things like this, I'm really not sure how it happened.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
getting Xillia (CE) and Dragon's Crown on the same day!

come to think of it in about roughly a years time the NA/EU will get 3 Tales games; we have Xillia coming out next week, Tales of Symphonia HD collection probably early 2014 and Xillia 2 probably the same time next year. Namco finally getting the west some love

now if they'd release the Vita games to the west I'd be one happy camper

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
Just perfect. I had pre-ordered the CE from Gamestop.com way back when it was announced since EBGames.ca didn't have it available, but later pre-ordered it there once they listed it. I had originally thought that I went back and cancelled my Gamestop.com pre-order, but upon checking my credit card tonight I saw a charge listed for it. -_-

Now normally I would simply cancel my EBGames.ca and just go ahead with the purchase. However, since I live in Canada and they use UPS, I'm probably looking at another $30-$40 in brokerage charges once it reaches my door. That I'm NOT okay with.

I sent them an email with urgency, so here's hoping they catch it in-time. I tried to cancel through the site but it won't let me.

I've heard that I can change my delivery option through UPS and opt to "Refuse Delivery". How exactly does that work? I assume I won't get refunded the shipping charges.

I can't believe I made this mistake. I'm usually super-careful about things like this, I'm really not sure how it happened.

I totally jinxed you talking about my own silliness. It was Xillia I had to cancel today before it was too late.

chrono01

I totally jinxed you talking about my own silliness. It was Xillia I had to cancel today before it was too late.
It's really odd, too, since this never happens to me! I'm starting to feel as though the "curse" has indeed rubbed off onto me!

It's an expensive Collector's Edition too [$126 CDN ], with even more needed to be paid at the door [thank you UPS!]. I'm really hoping they can cancel it in-time, but knowing my luck, I'll be receiving a shipment email tonight or an email from their customer service department later tomorrow saying that it's not possible to be cancelled and to simply return it to the store for a refund [which I can't do since I live in Canada and it's shipped from the US store]. -_-

I won't lie, I feel extremely idiotic right about now. :(

Eusis

Oh yeah, is there any word on if the contents of the case are any different for the CE of Xillia versus the LE, or just the same? And how long the CE book REALLY is for that matter.

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
Oh yeah, is there any word on if the contents of the case are any different for the CE of Xillia versus the LE, or just the same? And how long the CE book REALLY is for that matter.

I think the book is the same. The big difference is the statue?

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
Exactly.

Also, I'm a couple hours in and I think this game is pretty swell so far.

HNNNNNNNNNN I have to wait for Shoe to send mine. Being remote is such a pain :/

I hope it is much more nuanced than running around in a field. I don't know why they chose that demo.

Eusis

I think the book is the same. The big difference is the statue?
I posted a link for the Limited Edition earlier in the thread, the book absolutely is not the same. Different cover (stupid misleading promo images) and it's way thinner. Also a sleeve for the music CD rather than a proper case.

But the case was actually opened there unlike Colin Moriarty's unboxing, and showed the inside cover was warranty and safety crap (I hope they have a solution on PS4 that negates needing to do that so they can just print art there or leave it blank) with only a slip for DLC otherwise.

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
I posted a link for the Limited Edition earlier in the thread, the book absolutely is not the same. Different cover (stupid misleading promo images) and it's way thinner. Also a sleeve for the music CD rather than a proper case.

But the case was actually opened there unlike Colin Moriarty's unboxing, and showed the inside cover was warranty and safety crap (I hope they have a solution on PS4 that negates needing to do that so they can just print art there or leave it blank) with only a slip for DLC otherwise.

Jeez. I don't really have that much room left for big game tat, but I kind of regret not seeing my CE preorder through. I am getting the LE.

Razlo

My Tales love dictated that I needed the Collector's Edition. SO glad we finally got it in the US this time.

Got them in stock today at work. CE's are about a foot long, and half a foot thick. Looks nice, noticed that something inside shifted while I was placing them in storage, I hope they insulated the figure well.

Looks like preorder bonuses are pre-packaged, so I won't be able to giveaway extras :(

ohlawd

oh yeah forgot about Jude and Milla getting their own side of the story or something.

Am I looking at 30-40 hours each or altogether?

oh yeah forgot about Jude and Milla getting their own side of the story or something.

Am I looking at 30-40 hours each or altogether?

Your first playthrough will probably take longer than the second one unless you forego sidequests in the first one or the grade shop in the second.

So probably 30-40 for the first and 20ish to 30ish for the second.

I just remembered; I really wish we were getting the Star Driver costumes.

*evil grin*

Want to know something about those costumes ?

Not only are they costumisable ( they come in parts so you can choose to use the mask or not for example ) , not only do they change the battle music , not only they do change several of the ending battle quotes , but some of the skills ( artes ) used while wearing the costume changes as well .

For example jude will yell "GINGA BEEEAAM" when you do the "demon fist" skill in battle instead of the original skill name.

And i won't even start on some of the battle skits

"KIRABOSHI !"

I'm out...

To think that i resisted vesperia dlc , graces F dlc but couldn't say no to xillia dlc...

Ps: don't regret not getting the idolmaster dlcs costumes they look greta but comes with such an horrible battle theme ( Imo ) that nothing was lost really.

You should've gotten the Alter Milla figure to actually see the nuance of her hair.

i have that fig , the hair work on it is ridiculously detailed.. so expensive , so worth it.

Proven

*evil grin*

Want to know something about those costumes ?

Not only are they costumisable ( they come in parts so you can choose to use the mask or not for example ) , not only do they change the battle music , not only they do change several of the ending battle quotes , but some of the skills ( artes ) used while wearing the costume changes as well .

For example jude will yell "GINGA BEEEAAM" when you do the "demon fist" skill in battle instead of the original skill name.

And i won't even start on some of the battle skits

"KIRABOSHI !"

I'm out...

To think that i resisted vesperia dlc , graces F dlc but couldn't say no to xillia dlc...

Ps: don't regret not getting the idolmaster dlcs costumes they look greta but comes with such an horrible battle theme ( Imo ) that nothing was lost really.

i have that fig , the hair work on it is ridiculously detailed.. so expensive , so worth it.

You just became my least favorite person for filling me with envy.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Your first playthrough will probably take longer than the second one unless you forego sidequests in the first one or the grade shop in the second.

So probably 30-40 for the first and 20ish to 30ish for the second.
I usually just speedran the second playthrough and watched cutscenes exclusive to that playthrough, so 5-8 hours. On average, both of mine (er, read that as: both second playhroughs) were about 6 hours.

Plat run probably takes about 60-80 hours if you don't know about the EXP multipliers and how exploitable the game is. It'll be cake if they sell the level up DLC in the PSN store for people, too.

demidar

So does anyone know if PAL-land versions have DLC codes in them? Because if not I'm just gonna import a NA copy.

God damn it!
I went to bed last night totally thinking this was out today, damn i feel so flat now.

Ack, I got 4 days off next weekend, so maybe it's for the best.

Artemisia

Banned
It's so disappointing how Leia's pool of artes is so lacking compared to the artes she has in ToX2 :( I suppose I'll make do.

Helloween

Ahh ok, guess it isn't a "must buy" then?

Thats a high score for an RPG from Edge. 7/10 is decent score by any standards.

Still can't decide if I'm playing Jude or Milla. Worried about what i would miss storywise as Milla though.

RPGCrazied

4 more days! Almost here you guys! Sometimes I wish I was a reviewer, so I could play earlier, but you can't even keep those copies.

Stuart444

4 more days! Almost here you guys! Sometimes I wish I was a reviewer, so I could play earlier, but you can't even keep those copies.

7 days for the UK.

Hoping the Talesofgame website guys (Pepita) gets the CE to me on Friday :/ I know we're supposed to get a tracking number so heres hoping.

so while you can start with either character, will the other one be around most of the time, or is it 2 different campaigns/parallel timelines/etc?

Stuart444

so while you can start with either character, will the other one be around most of the time, or is it 2 different campaigns/parallel timelines/etc?

Most of the time yes though there is some splits where one character is away from the other but most of the time, they will be together.

Coxy

Milla's hair obviously pandering to otaku lolicon fantasies.

Wait, what?

Maybe she's a strong, multifaceted character with interesting thoughts and ambitions. None of that really matters, because her hair is ridiculous.

It's a shame they couldnt balance the storytelling better, I'd love to start as Milla but I really want to enjoy the story to its fullest too :( I dunno how much I'll like jude but hell, I thought Asbel was ok after Luke

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Maybe she's a strong, multifaceted character with interesting thoughts and ambitions. None of that really matters, because her hair is ridiculous.

It's a shame they couldnt balance the storytelling better, I'd love to start as Milla but I really want to enjoy the story to its fullest too :( I dunno how much I'll like jude but hell, I thought Asbel was ok after Luke

And if you want to like Luke play Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
KuGsj.gif

LuuKyK

Wow, that's pretty shit.

This is what the Japanese version looks like, which leaves me utterly dismayed for the English version.

Reverse cover:
dsc00854bxb9d.jpg

Instruction manual is full-colour and it's pretty freaking huge.

dsc00855okyft.jpg
dsc00857gmzc4.jpg

Well, that makes it even worse.

A shame really. Fucking Namco. Why?

Top Bottom