• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

kewlmyc

Wow, that's pretty shit.

This is what the Japanese version looks like, which leaves me utterly dismayed for the English version.

Reverse cover:
dsc00854bxb9d.jpg

Instruction manual is full-colour and it's pretty freaking huge.

dsc00855okyft.jpg
dsc00857gmzc4.jpg

Sigh. At least we're getting it, I guess.

Stuart444

Meh, this stuff is standard in the west these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if they (companies in general, not just namco) use sleeves instead of boxes/cases mid - late next gen.

ys45

This is fucking stupid , and they are using the eco friendly excuse in top of that.

I mean come on, they could use recycled paper or something like that.

I hate in-game manual i don't like reading a freaking manual on my TV screen especially if it's from a RPG games with 40 pages -_-

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I almost forgot that the game had an in-game manual in the form of a text tutorial menu (ie: AC is for this, so and so attacks like this) as a menu option, lol. I never read it.

I guess that's their rationalization about it. Also, the game gives tutorials on a lot of things.

Chake

Banned
For some reason, i feel like i should preorder the CE instead of LE, which i just canceled not too long ago ..... Someone please stop meh!

khaaan

For some reason, i feel like i should preorder the CE instead of LE, which i just canceled not too long ago ..... Someone please stop meh!

If you get the Collectors Edition, you'll spend an obscene amount of money to get additional goodies. After unboxing the game, you might open the other stuff if they're sealed or you'll keep them wrapped for value. If you unwrap the Figure/CD/Artbook you'll enjoy them for about an hour before you put them back in their box and never give them a second thought ever again. One day you'll wake up and realize you're surrounded by piles and piles of dumb collectors edition shit that you keep around because "they're worth something" but realistically you'll never actually sell them.

That is, if you're anything like me =P

antibolo

Banned
I'm intrigued by the description of the battle system. Is it somewhat similar to what Project X Zone does?

I tend to ignore JRPGs that don't have traditional turn-based combat, but I may make an exception if someone convinces me that the battle system in this one is really worthwhile.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm intrigued by the description of the battle system. Is it somewhat similar to what Project X Zone does?

I tend to ignore JRPGs that don't have traditional turn-based combat, but I may make an exception if someone convinces me that the battle system in this one is really worthwhile.

Nothing similar to PXZ it plays sorta like a beat em up tbh with some neat things.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well that sounds even better I guess.

It is better as you are more in control of the actions you can also use the magic system which here its called artes. You can give orders to your partners as well as set their behaviors to be more artes based, more physical attack based among other things. Its not the most complex game (Pretty easy to pick up and play) but it does has a depth to it and its pretty fun to play.

getting Xillia (CE) and Dragon's Crown on the same day!

come to think of it in about roughly a years time the NA/EU will get 3 Tales games; we have Xillia coming out next week, Tales of Symphonia HD collection probably early 2014 and Xillia 2 probably the same time next year. Namco finally getting the west some love

now if they'd release the Vita games to the west I'd be one happy camper

That would be damned nice, I'd buy those too. Already got Xillia and Dragon's Crown pre-ordered, the wait's getting rough since we're getting closer!

RetroMG

Man, I was managing to control my hype until I realized that it's shipping soon. Since I live right by an amazon shipping center, I'm hoping that I get it early.

Is it likely they will bring over the costume codes so North America can buy them? (Presumably Europe also if america)

Which ones?

The ones that are included with all first print copies (Stahn and Cless), probably not.

The anime tie-in ones (Idolmaster, Star Driver) probably not as well.

The rest, probably will. And it'll probably be silly expensive again.

Negator

Wow. They managed to ruin both of the super awesome things about the packaging of the JP Xillia release simultaneously. This is unprecedented laziness.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm pretty sure if they kept the inside/reversible cover, Tales fans will still complain at seeing all the Tales games the West never got lol

As for the manual, I don't mind. Kinda sucks for the people that wanted it I guess.

I wonder if iM@S costumes will be left out again. Even though it's Namco owned, is there something with the music rights? It's not like they used vocals iirc.

Which ones?
The anime tie-in ones (Idolmaster, Star Driver) probably not as well.

Looks like Star Driver may come over to America:

At the "Tales of Festival 2011" held this weekend, Namco Bandai Games announced that its Tales of Xillia PlayStation 3 role-playing game will have a collaborative tie-in with the Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto science-fiction anime. The videogame will offer costumes from the anime for the main characters to wear as paid downloadable content after the game is released. The event also announced the September 8 release date for the game in Japan.

The North American anime distributor Bandai Entertainment announced last month that it acquired the Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto television anime series.

The event confirmed that the first volume of the final video anime project in the Tales of Symphonia the Animation franchise, Tales of Symphonia the Animation: Sekai Tōgō-hen (The United World Episode), will ship this fall. The project will be released in two volumes, and will complete the story from Sylvarant-hen (the first video anime series from 2007) and Tethe'alla-hen (Tethe'alla Episode) and give the ending to the storylines of Lloyd, Colette, and the other characters. The event also revealed that the theme song for the new anime will be Me's "Ho・N・To・U・So" (True Lie).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-xillia-adds-star-driver-downloadable-content

antibolo

Banned
The Western game industry is gradually phasing out manuals.

In Japan, Vita games have physical manuals. In North America and Europe, all Vita game boxes are 90% empty space, just that game card and absolutely nothing else.

I expect that the PS4 and Xbox One will follow the same pattern.

I personally don't really care about manuals, but it's still annoying that Japan gets more shit than we do in their retail games.

wilflare

I'm glad we have pre-order goodies... but that Limited Edition leaves alot to be desired :/
guess I'll hold on my purchase :/

Vanille

In Japan, Vita games have physical manuals. In North America and Europe, all Vita game boxes are 90% empty space, just that game card and absolutely nothing else.

Nah, it's the same with the Japanese versions too. If you're lucky you'll get a sheet with the controls printed on.

We didn't get the .hack/GU costume for Asbel in Graces f even though Namco Bandai licensed the anime and released the PS2 games.

Nor did we get the Code Geass outfits for Graces f either, even though Bandai licensed the anime as well.

There's also a small problem that the Bandai's NA anime division is basically dead since this year. It also looks like Aniplex currently holds the Star Driver anime license.

I mean I would love to see the costumes, but I doubt they'll ever come.

chrono01

So as I mentioned yesterday, I have a CE coming from Gamestop as well as EBGames.ca. I was supposed to cancel my Gamestop.com order, forgot, and now apparently it's too late to do so. I emailed them, they said they can't cancel my order since it's been packaged, and to either return it to them or to a local store which I can't do apparently, since you can only return US Gamestop items to a US Gamestop store, and I live in Canada. Not only that if I were to accept the package I'd have to pay the usual UPS brokerage charges, which is likely around an additional $30 or so. ~_~

I emailed them to see if I can simply update my Delivery Options under the UPS site [when I receive my tracking number] and "Return to Sender". That should, hopefully, return it to the Gamestop.com store and enable a refund. At least, that's the hope.

On the other site, my EBGames.ca order shipped so it appears as though I'll have two of them soon enough. *sigh*

Flamfas

Not sure if I'm allowed to post because the game isn't out yet, but there is already an LP started for Jude Side (yes, in English)

People will still spend that. The only person that gets costumes in game is Jude and Millia I think. The rest are DLC, like school or beach.

Jude and Alvin get 1, Milla gets 2.

Negator

Not sure if I'm allowed to post because the game isn't out yet, but there is already an LP started for Jude Side (yes, in English)

Jude and Alvin get 1, Milla gets 2.

Don't think it's violating any NeoGAF rules. Though the guy posting videos will probably get banned from youtube.

LINK THE VIDEOS BRO (or PM them to me!)

Holmes

Well, I'll keep my CE pre-order, but my god. Can't believe they're charging $100 for this. It's nearly criminal.

Flamfas

Oh, so it would have been ok to post that. *noted*

also when I say I can't post things I usually tweet. look there next time, lol

Well, I'll keep my CE pre-order, but my god. Can't believe they're charging $100 for this. It's nearly criminal.

a game is usually $60

You get a Milla figure, a mini-soundtrack, and an artbook. I'd say that's worth $40.

Top Bottom