• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

I honestly thought I was the only one who felt this way.
All the love Graces gets for its battle system is lost on me, easily one of my least favorites of the games I've played. Its unfortunate because the combat system is pretty much the only really good thing about the game (besides the skits, Graces skits are hilarious)

I'm so looking forward to playing Xillia because it seems to be more 'up my alley' aside from the things I've heard about the boss fights.

well, i did enjoy how asbel played, everyone keep on telling me to turn up the difficulty. i do that, it makes enemies more fun to combo... but then my party gets wiped by fodder mob because they can't dodge worth a damn...

demidar

well, i did enjoy how asbel played, everyone keep on telling me to turn up the difficulty. i do that, it makes enemies more fun to combo... but then my party gets wiped by fodder mob because they can't dodge worth a damn...

All the characters are fun to play, even Cheria. Point blank Lightning Bolts are fun.

demidar

wasn't much of a malik fan though... too slow.

Malik was pretty fun to use too, but yeah you have to get used to his slow startup attack animation. Despite that, getting four attacks off then spamming super-high level spells like Eleth Burst and Culling something and Dragon Sword thingy. In fact, one of my favourite things to do is spam that Icy Wind spell (?) because it resolves in half a second.

MechaX

I wonder why ARF is considered the go-to game for bad voice acting when Chaos Wars exists.

Chaos Wars is a little too bad, if not extraordinarily bad, even beyond what is normally showcased on the internet. Like, that clip involving Yuri from Shadow Hearts that floats around isn't even Chaos Wars' final form.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so... what was the real reason why this game took 2 years to localize? Was is just because they completely fucked up wii graces?

Tales of Series are not big sellers for Namco outside of Japan and basically didnt planned releasing the games outside of Japan after weak sales of Vesperia on 360 and Dawn of the New World. Tales of fans basically were boycotting Namco Bandai to get games. We got Graces F here thanks to that I suppose and after that they decided to translate stuff. We got Graces F 2 years after release too so its not surprising we are going to be behind on the localization. Hopefully things pick up.

do we know if the limited edition artbook is a subset of the collector edition artbook or totally different?

It's different. CE has more pages and different content.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Huh. Are there sub events in the first part of Jude's side? I read that there are 3 sub events there and I didn't notice any exclamation marks. Can I still get the trophy if I missed these 3?

Bump

solid mike

Just finished unboxing my day one edition and played a good 30 minutes (you get to the battle tutorial).

I'm liking it very much. The gameplay, graphics and music.

Tales of Series are not big sellers for Namco outside of Japan and basically didnt planned releasing the games outside of Japan after weak sales of Vesperia on 360 and Dawn of the New World. Tales of fans basically were boycotting Namco Bandai to get games. We got Graces F here thanks to that I suppose and after that they decided to translate stuff. We got Graces F 2 years after release too so its not surprising we are going to be behind on the localization. Hopefully things pick up.

I always do wonder why they put so much effort into localizing these then lol. quality 8-4 stuff + full english va including skits these days.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I always do wonder why they put so much effort into localizing these then lol. quality 8-4 stuff + full english va including skits these days.

They are putting effort after the boycotting. They dont want another shitstorm going on their social pages like it happened before.

It's different. CE has more pages and different content.

Oh man thats bad news lol, so I ordered the CE online with fairly cheap shipping so its gonna be awhile until it arrives. When I went to pick up dragons crown/artbook at the local gamestop I saw a pile of the limited editions waiting. I want to be playing this tonight so bad! Been horrible time at work...

aravuus

Wow, didn't know you could download and install the game already if you pre-order the digital version from PSN.

There's the icon and the background music. Teasing me. Three days to go. Fucking Friday releases.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Huh. Are there sub events in the first part of Jude's side? I read that there are 3 sub events there and I didn't notice any exclamation marks. Can I still get the trophy if I missed these 3?
Ultros, remember that for the trophy you need only 90 subquests done out of 102. You can afford to miss some.

Late, but yeah, there are. Three subquests in Il Fan.
- Go into the Talim Medical School Student Affairs office. Talk to the man sitting on a bench to the left of where you enter
- Go to the area before the lab and talk to the men near the two lampposts. iirc, one dude is sitting on the floor.
- Where you first started with Jude, there should be a bench with a few students. Approach it.

You must do these before you go to the lab and meet Milla.

...I should've written a subquest guide and put it up on Google Docs in advance. But I was playing stuff instead. But I just glanced at the ones they have on GameFAQs and they're already perfect, imo. Just use those.

Is it worth the effort?
Just do it so people don't talk about their misgivings for certain reviews for pages and pages in this thread.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ultros, remember that for the trophy you need only 90 subquests done out of 102. You can afford to miss some.

Late, but yeah, there are. Three subquests in Il Fan.
- Go into the Talim Medical School Student Affairs office. Talk to the man sitting on a bench to the left of where you enter
- Go to the area before the lab and talk to the men near the two lamp posts.
- Where you first started with Jude, there should be a bench with a few students. Approach it.

You must do these before you go to the lab and meet Milla.

...I should've written a subquest guide and put it up on Google Docs in advance. But I was playing stuff instead. But I just glanced at the ones they have on GameFAQs and they're already perfect, imo. Just use those.

Fennmont now.

I'll make the review thread then.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fennmont now.

I'll make the review thread then.
Wha?

Fennmont? That kinda takes most of the naming conventions away from the JP version, eh? Like Il Fan, Ha Mil, Lu Rondo, Ni Akeria, Shan Du, etc. Weirddd. Mind PMing me and telling me the renames for everything else, cuz I liked how the JP version named things in a consistent manner after a while.

TheContact

Got this just now but wont be able to play until tonight. I grabbed the limited edition because they had extra and I didnt preorder. Cant wait to play it

Was in gamestop for 30 min bc the clerk was new, was alone, and was busy as fk.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The starting city is Fennmont now?

No way I can remember two sets of cities names now.
2weird4me. Knowing several sets of names for attacks is enough. :p

But nah, I just like the JP naming convention, unless the English version did something special to compliment the JP version's conventions.

I have faith it'll still make it here in this thread.
Ha ha. I totally do too.

Aytrial

Still a couple of days until it's released here in Australia. I know next to nothing about the game, so I'm hoping it'll be worth my time. For reference, the last Tales game I played was Tales of the Abyss on the PS2.

2weird4me. Knowing several sets of names for attacks is enough. :p

But nah, I just like the JP naming convention, unless the English version did something special to compliment the JP version's conventions.

Yeah, I rather like the JP names for the towns. Didn't actually expect them to radically change them for the localization.

Guess I'll just go with describing towns based off their features now. (Not that it's a hard thing to do)

Top Bottom