• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Stuart444

People who ordered from talesofgame webstore should be getting their shipping confirmation now or soon.

I'm still waiting on mine but several folks have confirmed getting it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Since I'm done with the game and embargo is up people can ask me stuff. I assume importers want to know how they translated certain stuff and such.

Coxy

I'm sure he meant they're like Gels
Hearts is an Apple gel
Graces is a Grape gel
Destiny remake is a Special Gel
Xillia is a Miracle Gel

truthfacts

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hmm...are you sure? Okay, then, the ultimate question, how would you rank Tokitowa against Last Rebellion?
I'm actually covering that in my impressions right now, actually. I'll post them in that game's OT when I'm finished. Last Rebellion's story (or lack thereof) didn't feel like it was poison to the mind, so that's a start. Tokitowa and Last Rebellion's battle systems are equally as repetitive and predictable, too.

tumblr_mr4f3yFjOS1qke7z9o1_500.jpg

My copy arrived. I don't have a PS3 yet so I picked up Legendia as well since it was one of the last Tales games I'm missing and I need my fix.

kayos90

Musee's (Muzet) pronunciation?

This was a topic of interest when her localized name was revealed.

Same as Japanese basically. Musay or whatever.

I can assure you that Tokitowa's even worse.

List of changes, go.

What's Kasshinkon Kagura, anyway?

Something Celebration. I forgot what the first word was. ROFL. Terminus Pride made me think of Fate/Zero.

Gin = Spyrix
Origin = Spyrite

-NeoTB1-

I think I'm the only person on the Graces defense force. =[ lol

I wouldn't say I'm on the defense force, but I did enjoy the game more than most people around here. Of course, most of it was due to the combat and party banter in the skits.

My copy of Xillia just arrived via UPS. I'll probably start on it sometime later today.

kayos90

Makes sense to me. They could have kept Jinn and then done Orijinn or something but that's kinda weird/ugly. Making up a new term instead is fine.

Yeah. I guess. I'm really sad that they changed up Leia's lines in the process of localization. No more "LEBERU UPPU!"

So assuming they keep naming conventions the same, Soulstoke Celebration then.

Ah. That's what it was.

WTF just checked ups tracking and it was sitting on my front porch for the past 45 minutes ! OMG he must have ninja delivered not to make my 5 dogs bark.. no knock or ring at all -_- and wow this box is huge

Jiraiza

quick question...tales of graces f, i felt the world was boring. is there more exploration in Xillia ?

Maybe slighty more than Graces but definitely not comparable to Vesperia, imo. I attribute this to the
same looking field everywhere but different shades of colors and stuff.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Makes sense to me. They could have kept Jinn and then done Orijinn or something but that's kinda weird/ugly. Making up a new term instead is fine.
That's true. Good point.

What's the best guide / FAQ to use to make sure I can 100% the game?
I checked a few of the sidequest FAQs on GameFAQs already, and they seem to be comprehensive enough. I'd still use those even if the names are different.

Unless you want to use the JP Wiki. There are two:
Regular Wiki
Gameclear Wiki

They're both really awesome. Very comprehensive. I personally like the first wiki more. It has maps and the content is delivered in a very neat and organized fashion.

Jayhawk

Whoops. It looks like I preordered two copies of this game, one normal and one CE, and both copies have been shipped to my house. I bought the CE at SDCC to get a free tshirt, forgetting that I already had preordered the normal edition of the game.

kayos90

The problem with Milla's VA isn't so much the tone and the actual sound but the range of emotions she shows.

Just received my CE from Amazon in flawless condition. I haven't open it yet as I'm at work and the statue would drawn... bewildered... and unwanted attention.

Not to mention that I totally forgot about the $25 reserve I put down for another CE at my local GameStop. Guess I'll cancel that ones so they can sell it to another JRPG fan.

Aeana

The problem with Milla's VA isn't so much the tone and the actual sound but the range of emotions she shows.

Range of emotions? How is it different from the Japanese VA, where she
starts out really monotone and grows more human-like over the course of the game?

kayos90

Range of emotions? How is it different from the Japanese VA, where she
starts out really monotone and grows more human-like over the course of the game?

Stays like a robot for all of the game except like... two scenes rofl.

Xenoflare

My problem with Milla's voice is mostly due to that awkward lisp. It sometimes makes her sounds like she's short on breath.

Oh Alvin, You're Walter, I like it.

Leia is the Booby Lady <3

Oh wow, didn't expect to see the swimsuit and maid/butler outfits up already.

I want them all...

Also the awesome palette swaps are up too.

kaim

Neo Member
1,000 gald for free. Nice way to get people to even look at all the over priced costume DLC. I wanna see numbers at how much these games make of this stuff. Really curious.

Top Bottom