• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Young Magus

Getting this and Dragon's Crown the same day is torture, I want to play both at the same time.

From one member with Magus in its user name to another.....I know that feel ;_;

Just wanting on the package right now, shipped last night and was out for delivery around 7 am round here.

I thought someone said costumes came with new music and and even artes, though I may be remembering graces f comments instead of xillia...

I thought someone said costumes came with new music and and even artes, though I may be remembering graces f comments instead of xillia...

Namco still hasn't come around to including artes with DLC costumes yet.

I believe at least the cameo and school costumes will come with new music (which I think you can't turn off).

Bladenic

So the voice acting is really great so far. Leagues ahead of Graces. I'm talking Vesperia level almost.

Also buying some of those costumes. Hope we get school next week :D

I already love Alvin. Love his voice. Jude is also better in English than Japanese IMO.

2kc9qYq.jpg

goodness this thing is big. so yeah, would you guys say it's worth the money? or should I try for the day 1 LE instead?

RPGCrazied

I'm playing on Normal. You don't get better drop items and there is no beat the game on this difficulty type trophies, so I heard.

Eusis

never really a fan of costumes in tales games until 2nd or so playthrough lol. Hard to take the already silly plots seriously.
Not only do I generally stick with defaults, but when I rented games like FFIV or VI I actively sought out to re-rename everyone back to their original names, and if I ever changed a name it was because of a localization change I was flipping back. So, yeah, not a fan of costumes in a first run, and liable to ignore them on a second too.

Bladenic

Psht, costumes are the best part of Tales games :D

Jk but I love them. I hope Namco feels generous and includes plenty of them in the next game but actually in game ;_;
Xillia 2 was decent but it was mostly palette swaps.

Also I can't imagine playing Tales games on Normal. Just too easy, no fun. Playing on Hard as always and having a blast.

Jiraiza

I just wish they made it so cut-ins reflected the current costume. I would pay boat loads of money to see Milla's cut-ins for every costume.
Even the weird hairstyle ones.

Airgetlam

never really a fan of costumes in tales games until 2nd or so playthrough lol. Hard to take the already silly plots seriously.
Me too. But what really bugs me is that the character portraits don't match the costume you put them in. I think it would be pretty awesome if they altered them to be the same in skits and in battle.

Rhapsody

Banned
I remember giving Richard the Judas costume... At least it wasn't Zelos. lol
Psht, costumes are the best part of Tales games :D

Jk but I love them. I hope Namco feels generous and includes plenty of them in the next game but actually in game ;_;
Xillia 2 was decent but it was mostly palette swaps.

Also I can't imagine playing Tales games on Normal. Just too easy, no fun. Playing on Hard as always and having a blast.

It's a shame that they'll probably be content with giving us maybe only 2 ingame costumes while the rest are attachments. I can see that as a trend for future Tales games because of Xillia. :/

Edit: ^^I think Hearts R had the cut-ins change when you had different outfits. Not skits though. Would be kinda neat to see them do that for other Tales games.

RPGCrazied

Me too. But what really bugs me is that the character portraits don't match the costume you put them in. I think it would be pretty awesome if they altered them to be the same in skits and in battle.

Costumes do change in battle, and the skits in this one is just the face, so its harder to tell what outfit they have on kinda.

I just went to GS and got my copy and am about to play it. I only reserved the game and didn't pre-order it, so I guess I got the Limited Edition. Hey I'm not complaining, lol.

Seriously though, is reserving considered pre-ordering also?

Cheska

I just went to GS and got my copy and am about to play it. I only reserved the game and didn't pre-order it, so I guess I got the Limited Edition. Hey I'm not complaining, lol.

It's generally the same thing. Did you not have to put $5 down?

All first print copies of the game is the Limited Edition.

Rhapsody

Banned

Reserving and pre-ordering is one and the same. At GS anyways.

Airgetlam

Costumes do change in battle, and the skits in this one is just the face, so its harder to tell what outfit they have on kinda.
Oh, I know they change in battle on the actual character model. I meant the portraits in battle too as well as the cut-ins. I know its generally just the face but some costumes have hats or different hair styles. It's admittedly a small gripe but for some reason it bugs me.

It's generally the same thing. Did you not have to put $5 down?

All first print copies of the game is the Limited Edition.

Reserving and pre-ordering is one and the same. At GS anyways.

Alright thanks. I always wondered why I got extra stuff when I reserved games. Though I always forget that I put money down to reserve it in the first place, so is always surprised to have an extra $5 in my pocket because of my forgetfulness.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm only going to buy 3 costumes. I can't buy more than that. My pride won't let me. School Milla is a must. Trying to figure out what the remaining ones should be.

aravuus

It's a shame that they'll probably be content with giving us maybe only 2 ingame costumes while the rest are attachments. I can see that as a trend for future Tales games because of Xillia. :/

Not a massive problem to me, I've always been an attachment guy anyway. Original clothes with dumb attachments is the best.

2 hours or so in and I'm loving it but Milla's voice is the worst I've heard in 20+ years probably. Is there a way to turn Japanese voices back on? I forgot to check before I stopped to get dinner. I've never had to resort to turning off English voices. What were they thinking?

aravuus

2 hours or so in and I'm loving it but Milla's voice is the worst I've heard in 20+ years probably. Is there a way to turn Japanese voices back on? I forgot to check before I stopped to get dinner. I've never had to resort to turning off English voices. What were they thinking?

Okay I have to ask, is the little short piece of va we hear from Milla on IGN's review representative of the rest of her voice acting? Because it really wasn't that bad imo

Top Bottom