• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

I really can't decide if I want to play this or not. I've been a Tales fan since Symphonia and like almost all of the ones I've played, but after Graces (which I really wanted to like), I just don't know if I should bother. I feel like the formula isn't doing it for me anymore. Think this is still worth giving a shot?

Aeana

Is it called "donating" in the game? If so, that is hilarious.

The shops do absolutely nothing if you don't build them up with your items!

Veelk

Banned
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that if I want to understand what is happening but still play milla, I have to play Jude for about an hour and then start over. I'm about to start and I just want to verify the accuracy of that. Can anyone confirm?

Gartooth

Welp my plans to pick up my preordered Tales of Xillia failed today. Hopefully I can get the game sometime in the next week or so, though I'm not in too much of a hurry, have others games to play after all. Can't say I'm not upset about not getting my copy though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that if I want to understand what is happening but still play milla, I have to play Jude for about an hour and then start over. I'm about to start and I just want to verify the accuracy of that. Can anyone confirm?

I'm not sure if anyone really meant to start over. They most likely mean to play Jude's story, but use Milla in battle.

Eusis

I'm not sure if anyone really meant to start over. They most likely mean to play Jude's story, but use Milla in battle.
Yeah, only a few Tales games actually restrict you to one character period for battle, and I THINK those are just Phantasia, Legendia, and maybe Destiny.

EDIT: As for the acting quality of the dub... yeah, I expected the worst with Millia but she doesn't seem to be that bad afterall, I have a far larger beef with the quality of the sound and I think I'm getting used to that though it's still bad to mess something like that up.

FSLink

Banned
Dat intro! I'm glad they kept the original Japanese song.
Its weird though that it wasn't at the beginning of the game like most tales.

Well for the intro, it shows up right before the title screen like other Tales games after you start a New Game and seen it once.

EDIT: Hahaha Ivar is awesome in English.

Also RE: Takeout food, I don't mind it too much since I wasn't fond of the traditional cooking system anyway. But nothing beats Graces/Destiny R's way of "cooking" for sure.

Veelk

Banned

I thought they had 2 different stories? If they're the same except for the beginning that apparently lays everything out in Jude's story but not in Milla's, then what's the point of having to pick between them?

Jiraiza

I thought they had 2 different stories? If they're the same except for the beginning that apparently lays everything out in Jude's story but not in Milla's, then what's the point of having to pick between them?

Nope, just different perspectives.

Thoraxes

Most 8-4 localization efforts are pretty good, provided the source material isn't dreadful (aka 80% of Graces f), in which case the voice actors and translators do the best they can.

Shitty pic incoming, but this made me laugh:

Runzwhk.jpg

What am I looking at right now? I can hear people talking in the background in a shopping area and there are people walking about!

It's like these towns have actual life in them as opposed to Tales of Graces lifeless towns!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What am I looking at right now? I can hear people talking in the background in a shopping area and there are people walking about!

It's like these towns have actual life in them as opposed to Tales of Graces lifeless towns!

Well... you're also comparing a Wii game to a PS3 one lol. I guess it's not saying much though for this studio. rofl.

solid mike

So some people have been calling it Xillia with a silent X and the others like 'Excalibur'...

Does anyone know whether it's [sil-ya] or [ex-silya]?

Top Bottom