• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Bladenic

Alvin is like one of the best Tales chars in ages. I kept saying so when it released in JP!

He's my favorite of the cast so far. Definitely liking him almost as much as Yuri and Raven from ToV so far. About the same as Malik (who I loved). Actually a little more, since Malik was a bit boring at first (like the entire Graces cast lol).

Bururian

I boot the game up tonight just to get a feel for it. I pick Jude. He has the same voice actor as Allegretto from Eternal Sonata, which I'm half way through right now.

I thought it was amusing, to say the least. At least he's a decent VA.

Finished the prologue? I guess you can say, really enjoying this so far. The LO system seems more restrictive especially when compared to the title system from Graces though I still like the idea behind it, later in the game I'll need to read Schala's criticisms of the system with an actual understanding of the mechanics.

Milla's voice acting I get the direction they were heading with it, it's still kind of meh but it's not cringe worthy like the trailers made it out to be. I really enjoy the AC system, feel like it's a good way to segue people used to the traditional tales TP system into using the far superior CC system without CC being a culture shock. Even at this early state I'm already figuring out cool uses of the AC system.

I've only played as Jude so far though I like him far more then any past fist cuffs protagonist *cough*Senel*cough*. Tomorrow I'll play around as Milla, now that she
isn't over leveled and lost her spirits
I feel like I can try her out.

DJIzana

Just got my copy... hope to play tomorrow and/or the weekend. I really like Jude's fighting style. Every game that has a monk needs to follow their example in terms of combat animations!!! :D

Got to Millia's hometown and the enemies are SUPER HARD. wtf

The swamp area right? Yeah, that place has much stronger enemies compared to when you first get there.

Though if you lower the difficulty, it could be a good place to level assuming you can survive the attacks.

ED Cantu

Wait, Jude's VA is the same as Asbel?

No, the voice actor is the same that did Flynn in Vesperia.

By the way I finally got the game today, there's no Limited or Collector's edition in my country so I didn't get anything extra, well except for the costumes for Milla and Jude.
Now I need to get a second controller so I can play it with my brother, but I started playing anyway (couldn't wait).

Shengar

I don't like Milla's default costume and the closest fix I could get is her maid costume. What is the future costume that going to be released? I hold my money until I can get the best fix. Don't want scamco get too much money from over-priced costumes.

Proper credit for the dub should go to the US producer Ted Tsung (who is awesome and works his ass off for this series). We provided the scripts, but he handled the recording (likewise in TOGf). From what I've seen, people seem to be digging the voices -- can't wait to hear 'em myself!

We love to do voices ourselves when we can, but the opportunity doesn't arise too often because of budgets, the fact that we're over in Tokyo, etc. Last two we did were...I wanna say Nier and Fire Emblem Awakening. If I'm not forgetting anything. (About to do another one soon, so pretty excited about that!)

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying TOX! :D
So, is it you (and your team) that do the localization script? That was awesome, especially Awakening. Miriel and Maribelle might one of the best and the most difficult to gain that level of uniqueness.

IzzyF3

Just played through the prologue and my impressions are really really good. Feels like the JRPG I've been waiting for all this time for consoles.

Bladenic

Teepo is... well, a lot better than the Japanese VA, that's for sure.

Yours seems to be the opposite opinion of everyone else haha. I love his voice though :D

Oh and everyone make sure you don't miss the wanted posters in the game. They are hilarious as always

The swamp area right? Yeah, that place has much stronger enemies compared to when you first get there.

Though if you lower the difficulty, it could be a good place to level assuming you can survive the attacks.

That's it? I'm not mad at you, but the game. This seems awful, the game so far has been a breeze and now it's nearly impossible (even on easy as I just tried).

Apparently I found the first time you can fight way above your level, if you do the main mission (collecting elemental stones) it opens up an easier path.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's it? I'm not mad at you, but the game. This seems awful, the game so far has been a breeze and now it's nearly impossible (even on easy as I just tried).
You're supposed to go to the other exit, the one to the northwest. :p

That area you're in now is optional, and is a prime spot to grind for materials and XP early on in the game. Hence the enemies are so hard!

Thoraxes

You're supposed to go to the other exit, the one to the northwest. :p

That area you're in now is optional, and is a prime spot to grind for materials and XP early on in the game. Hence the enemies are so hard!

The dude/lady right outside that entrance even says basically as much, heh.

Apparently I found the first time you can fight way above your level, if you do the main mission (collecting elemental stones) it opens up an easier path.

Ha, that flood grounds area. I got trolled at that part for a moment until I realized it was the wrong way. It was the first of two areas I came across where you can power level if you're careful.

Teddified

Do Moderate. With the bosses autobreaking out of combos and doing assholish things like ground pounding to kill off your party, it'd save you some headache, plus there's really no incentive for a harder difficulty outside of more HP.

Does that mean upping the Difficulty doesn't give more EXP?

Teddified

It boggles my mind, it seems like the lisp was intentional. Her VA's video interview shows her speaking perfectly fine w/o any lisp.

I was wondering if it's because it's like her first major VA. Or that her stuff didn't record too well. But if it's intentional I don't really see why, it sounds fine to me but it would be better without the lisp.

Xenoflare

I was wondering if it's because it's like her first major VA. Or that her stuff didn't record too well. But if it's intentional I don't really see why, it sounds fine to me but it would be better without the lisp.

Maybe it's due to bad after recording processing, who knows?

kewlmyc

Just got Elize. Gonna go to sleep now. I'm really liking the game right now. Overall presentation is much better than Graces. The voice acting is great and all the characters are pretty damn likable. I just need to get a hang of the link system. Currently it feels kinda clunky.

I wish they didn't make Alvin being a traitor so damn obvious. It's not like they're even trying to hide the fact that he'll betray you at some point.

Xenoflare

I kinda got used to it in my 3 hours of playtime, it'll annoy me here and there probably but it's not that bad. It's just odd I guess.

It just disappoints me as the other cast members are well voiced, and the main female protagonist just decides to be the weakest link.

this somewhat reminds me of Tales of the Abyss. I had to force myself to forget Tear is younger than Natalia. She did not sound like 16, but at least she didn't get a lisp that make me question the actual quality of the recordings.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Put about 4 hours in - about to meet Rowen. Overall I'm really enjoying the localization - moreso than when I played the original Japanese version. It's been so long since I've played the game so it feels fresh in a way, despite having beaten Xillia 2 earlier in the year.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just got Elize. Gonna go to sleep now. I'm really liking the game right now. Overall presentation is much better than Graces. The voice acting is great and all the characters are pretty damn likable. I just need to get a hang of the link system. Currently it feels kinda clunky.

I wish they didn't make Alvin being a traitor so damn obvious. It's not like they're even trying to hide the fact that he'll betray you at some point.

The banter between Alvin and Jude, in particular, is fantastic.
The skits are also more interesting then Graces.

Regarding your spoiler:
They might as well just tell you after seeing one of the sub events

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Correct, though you may get some more bonus EXP due to larger combos which may occur more often if the enemy has more HP.

Yeah, I can confirm this too.

Game was not designed with that in mind, that it was one of my favorite parts of Graces, and probably why I put so many hours into it.

Suikoguy

Every Tales game has a
traitor

Is there any that doesn't have one? LOL

Of course, but they don't have to basically right out and tell you which character it will be, hehe. See sub event 11.

Paznos

Got my copy earlier this evening and was only able to put a little over an hour into it, just got Alvin and can't wait to really start playing tomorrow.

Godot17

Neo Member
Anyone else have a character that just remains idle?

This happened a few battles ago, I'll have Jude in the left character slot but if I'm not linked with him he doesn't do anything. Same thing if I switch it to another character.

FSLink

Banned
Anyone else have a character that just remains idle?

This happened a few battles ago, I'll have Jude in the left character slot but if I'm not linked with him he doesn't do anything. Same thing if I switch it to another character.

Probably have him on Manual or Semi-Auto. Go to his Artes menu and set him to Auto.

Okay, so I'm at the beginning, now. Just got out of the
research lab
and I'm wondering how I should develop Milla. I'm playing as Jude, where I'm focusing on Str + Vit. Should I do the same for Milla, or does her specialty focus more on Artes and things of that nature?

FSLink

Banned
Okay, so I'm at the beginning, now. Just got out of the
research lab
and I'm wondering how I should develop Milla. I'm playing as Jude, where I'm focusing on Str + Vit. Should I do the same for Milla, or does her specialty focus more on Artes and things of that nature?

Honestly the game is pretty easy you don't have to worry about it too much. I just go for specific skills + artes so you can have a larger movepool.

Jude I'd focus on speed some too, he's fucking fast as hell at higher levels.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Every Tales game has a
traitor

Is there any that doesn't have one? LOL

Tales of Graces f? Don't remember any traitors in that game.

Top Bottom