• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

They were a rare monster in Symphonia. Super rare in the fact it only spawned on one island on the world map and no where else.

Wait didn't you have to kill one in Symphonia as part of the devil arm side quest? It's all coming back to me now

Well I feel dumb some Tales fan I turned out to be :X

Wait didn't you have to kill one in Symphonia as part of the devil arm side quest? It's all coming back to me now

Well I feel dumb some Tales fan I turned out to be :X

Weren't they in the mines as well in Symphonia? The one that was kind of like the Moria Gallery?

Edit: ^^Yeah, that one lol

Oh maybe. All I remember was having to spam Sword Rain Beta on them when I was younger since it was like the highest hit arte I had.

Am I just being brain dead? I've played and beaten Symphonia/2, Graces F, Abyss, Innocence, and Vesperia why don't I remember these things >:[ ?
Symphonia , they was 1 in the world map , one in the mines and one in a cave.
I don't think there was one in abyss.

Is there a problem with resting in inns before then, or is it just that I should rest at an inn afterwards to get some quests?

No. If you're still in act 1 , then you're fine.. the quests don't get cancelled unless you change acts.
But act 1 is kinda tricky because there is a no return point for some quests ( you'll have trouble once the events of bamia canyon are done and you return to callaha sharl ( sorry i don't have the localised names i'm going with memory here )

I was tempted to get this cos I haven't played a good JRPG in years. But fuck console game launch prices, 2 years of PC gaming have spoiled me lol

Is it as good as people say?

Einbroch

Banned
Wow, I'm...really liking the combat system. The link system is really cool, even if the system itself seems more simple than something like Graces.

Linking, getting that "sparkle" then launching enemies into the air, Grave-ing them down into a Link Arte is really satisfying.

Story is kinda confusing off the bat, but I guess it's supposed to be since it's a half-the-perspective kind of thing.

So if you do the game 2 player can you still do link but only with the ai? I can see how it would really limit any not Jude/Milla link.

So if you do the game 2 player can you still do link but only with the ai? I can see how it would really limit any not Jude/Milla link.

Yes, you'll have to link with one of the AI controlled characters. If you link with a character someone is playing as, they'll become AI controlled.

Every link expect just one pairing has at least more than 2 attacking link artes so it isn't as limiting. You'll just have less options.

Eusis

What are the chances we'll also get Tales of Xillia 2 limited editions/day one editions when it comes out?
Well, the CE for this sold out fast enough, so I'm guessing chances aren't too bad. Especially if Xillia has higher launch sales than Graces f or Vesperia.

So I just met Leia and have been using her for a while, and I don't like her. I don't like her in combat, and I don't like her character either. I don't know why but I would take Pascal over her any day. Leia is just too darn
happy and doing wacky stuff all the time.
It's more irritating then it is entertaining to me.

Though I was always the type of person to enjoy the more mature characters then other characters anyway. Especially mature comedic characters like Raven from Tales of Vesperia.

Ydahs

Australians, is EB selling this game today? Website says it's in stock though the release date is officially tomorrow.

So I just met Leia and have been using her for a while, and I don't like her. I don't like her in combat, and I don't like her character either. I don't know why but I would take Pascal over her any day. Leia is just too darn

Though I was always the type of person to enjoy the more mature characters then other characters anyway. Especially mature comedic characters like Raven from Tales of Vesperia.

Leia has plenty of battle uses

Linked with elise, you have the best healing combo in the game. linked with jude it's sidestep like crazy, not to mention that if you control jude and knockdown & she will steal ( a lot )
Alone she can sidestep, but it will activate staff extension making her even more broken in term of range.

IN term of story , i'll just say that she will shine with the rest of the cast later especially in the skits.

FSLink

Banned
Oh my god what the fuck was that thing?

So I was in the forest where
Elize
joins the party back tracking trying to figure out where to go when I saw randomly a floating square object, thinking the game was bugging out I initiated a battle with the square (which ran away from me) leading me to fight an enemy called a Bacura that had 10,000 health, was immune to everything, did about 200-300 damage a hit and I could do at max 20-30 per hit nor could I stun him. A lot of orange gels and life bottles later I beat him and got enough exp for the entire party to level twice.

First truly hard battle I fought, I don't even want to imagine how awful that thing is on a difficulty higher then hard.

Beat one earlier on Hard Mode. It was...rough, lol. Until I figured out a strat to make it just focus on Jude.
Just got Rowen in my party this morning. Also definitely beat the Bacura enemy in the forest by setting everyone to Manual and just attacking it with Jude and teleporting to avoid the spinning block attack. Yay for more EXP!

Shouta

I definitely prefer Leia to Pascal mostly because Pascal got way annoying towards the end of Graces.

I bought this game, I might start it tonight, is there anything I should know before I start?

I want to play the game as Millia, is that okay? I don't think I'll play the game twice btw.

Shouta

I bought this game, I might start it tonight, is there anything I should know before I start?

I want to play the game as Millia, is that okay? I don't think I'll play the game twice btw.

Play Jude's story and control Millia instead if you're only going to play once. His unique sections add more to the story.

Leia has plenty of battle uses

Linked with elise, you have the best healing combo in the game. linked with jude it's sidestep like crazy, not to mention that if you control jude and knockdown & she will steal ( a lot )
Alone she can sidestep, but it will activate staff extension making her even more broken in term of range.

IN term of story , i'll just say that she will shine with the rest of the cast later especially in the skits.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't count her out just yet after meeting her. I don't know why but Leia just comes off as trying a little too hard to be funny. So far I haven't been doing good link's with her and Jude (I mostly use Jude as my main fighter) either. It seems like the only link I can do is
Steel arte into a power-up link for the both of us.
It isn't that great. Hopefully once
the party comes back she'll truly shine.

I definitely prefer Leia to Pascal mostly because Pascal got way annoying towards the end of Graces.

Pascal at the beginning was great but then they kinda messed her character up. She turned from funny into just plain
goofy
. I did like how in the middle of the game how she
started acting smart and caring of the team
, her character shined in the game right next to Malik who always brought the mood up in the party compared to the others. Then once her
sister appeared and they tried making the HubertxPascal relationship
, it totally ruined it. She started acting 10x more
silly
and she was becoming unbearable.

Leading up to that point, she was pretty great though.

Young Magus

Playef for about 8-9 hours,got the butler in my party. Here are my thoughts:

Coming from Graces myself, it's nice to see a cast that's not as annoying/irratating as them. The story seems to be shaping up to be decent as well. Jude seems pretty cool, a bit OP as well, which brings me to my next point..

The battle system is nice and very team symphonia-like. Still a bit rusty to the whole link system but seems like I'll get use to it sooner then later.

I'm sad that the item shop changed the way it did. Takes the "fun" of going to a new town :'(
Wait. What. That is not how I interpreted that.... =/

Dude you were not the only one ;_;

Aspiring

Australians, is EB selling this game today? Website says it's in stock though the release date is officially tomorrow.

I got my Millia Maxwell edition delivered from EB Games online so I just assumed the release date was today?

I still have not opened the box but I can say that I do prefer the box of my PAL copy against the US box. Much more prettier ; )

Can't wait for work to finish tomorrow so I can play it!!!

FSLink

Banned
Have I mentioned Rowen is awesome in battle? Can't believe I ignored him in Xillia 2.

I always went with Jude/Milla/Leia/Elize (for bosses) and Jude/Milla/Alvin/Leia or Elize for random encounters. Never really used Rowen much, haha.
Using him more in the English version and I do like him a lot but I still see him getting less use than the rest of the crew. He's just so...fragile.

Eusis

I'm sad that the item shop changed the way it did. Takes the "fun" of going to a new town :'(
I think it'd help if new towns were more fun to explore, but the game's not afraid of erecting arbitrary barriers at all. Though it wasn't like Tales was ever THAT great there except maybe much earlier on.

Bladenic

I always went with Jude/Milla/Leia/Elize (for bosses) and Jude/Milla/Alvin/Leia or Elize for random encounters. Never really used Rowen much, haha.
Using him more in the English version and I do like him a lot but I still see him getting less use than the rest of the crew. He's just so...fragile.

His spells plus Elize's Negative Gate are great for crowd control. I love controlling him too.

I'm surprised that both healers get Ressurection so early. Sweet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The ports are literally the same...

Synless

Having been playing as Jude and switched over to Millia. What is her spirit shift? Is that a dodge mechanic like Jude's?

R.I.P

Preordered this yesterday morning and it already shipped last night so I'm quite hopeful it might arrive tomorrow. I've heard that the story and characters are supposed to be better than in graces but how do the battle system and world compare to it? Graces had my favorite battle system in the series but I thought that the world in it was a bit dull compared to other games in the series I've played.

Sucks to be Jude's parents. Send there kid off to med school. Probably work multiple jobs to pay tuition.

And now your kid is a terrorist that ran off with a bimbo.

kirby2096

Received my copy this morning from GAME. Have DLC codes been sent out to those who pre-ordered the D1 edition yet?

I got my copy today as well, no email from GAME yet for the PS3 theme + DLC code. Hopefully they'll send me one as I only ordered on Sunday afternoon, but the preorder bonus page was removed from their website by Monday morning.

Alchemist

I got my copy today as well, no email from GAME yet for the PS3 theme + DLC code. Hopefully they'll send me one as I only ordered on Sunday afternoon, but the preorder bonus page was removed from their website by Monday morning.

Yeah I noticed the removal too. Orders placed before then should be fine. I think they will send the codes tomorrow as that is the official release date in the UK.

Top Bottom