• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I was not prepared and I also didn't take the cheap way out by using a certain ability lol. Granted mine is really out of the norm. They final boss should only take like 30 to 45 min

I destroyed the final boss in less than that even... guess I leveled too much.

Rhapsody

Banned
So I'm using Jude on Milla's story. Looks like Jude's boots aren't glowing after I backstep an enemy's attack?

So he doesn't get the crazy speed boost on Milla's story? If so, what ability did Milla lose out on if you chose Jude's story.

So I'm using Jude on Milla's story. Looks like Jude's boots aren't glowing after I backstep an enemy's attack?

So he doesn't get the crazy speed boost on Milla's story? If so, what ability did Milla lose out on if you chose Jude's story.

I think Jude has to learn a skill first that gives him increased speed after a successful back step.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

You didn't equip his skill that gives that bonus

Bladenic

Jude may be my favorite Tales MC to control. So crazy fast and awesome. He's definitely up there with Yuri, Veigue, and Lloyd. I guess Asbel is up there too.

RoeBear

Combat wise I've really enjoyed this game compared to Graces. All the characters are enjoyable to play as even though I initially didn't like Rowen. Rowen is pretty awesome at higher levels especially with that back step ability of stopping time. I played the whole game as Alvin, since I really love his play style. Overall this game is way better than Graces in my opinion.

Eusis

Is there any reason to hold onto old equipment or is it safe to sell off stuff as better comes along?
I recall reading it's fine to sell all of it. I think the only reason to keep some is if it has unique properties like elemental properties, but if it's just a straight stat increase sell and move on.

chrono01

Is there any reason to hold onto old equipment or is it safe to sell off stuff as better comes along?
I've heard it's better to sell them, although you might want to hold onto elemental weapons in-case you encounter an enemy that's weak to them.

As for me? I'm keeping everything. Every. Single. Item. I'll even purchase the weapons/armor that I won't use to do less than idea stats [like the ribbons for Milla]. I must have it all!

SonicBoom

Picked up my copy this week prolly won't play for a long time but I got to show my support for jrpgs... I hope you guys browsing these forums do the same and show the developer and publisher some love.

Midou

Got Elize and fought
the big hammer guy
. I like her so far, I tend to be really put off or angered by children character but so far it's okay, and her puppet makes up for her lack of personality.

If you are hurting for some money you can sell all your non-elemental weapons and armor.

I never did since money wasn't really that tight and it becomes unimportant once you start eating money doubling food and giving everyone sephiras.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Tales fan.
Loved Symphonia, Vesperia. Tales of Graces was fun but the cheap Production values and just bad story pulled me out. Never beat it. Liked Abyss a lot but got tired of it after 30 hours.

Should I get Xillia?

Eusis

Should I get Xillia?
Probably. Biggest mark against it is probably production values and being a PS3 native release I imagine it's probably higher than Graces there anyway (though the playback quality for voices frustrates me) and it's far closer to the Symphonia team games otherwise. Plus it ends in about 30-40 hours so that problem with Abyss shouldn't exist here!

RPGCrazied

You have to unlock the Arcane Arte in the Lilium Orb first.

Yeah, I figured it out. I just unlocked a 2nd orb web and it was there. You have to be in overlimit and use the arcane arte then hold X. Only seen final fury so far.

Holy crap at the story bits in chapter 3, almost makes up for the slow start at the beginning of the game.

RPGCrazied

Also, who does the anime in this game? Have they done a full length anime series of anything? Love to check it out. They're awesome.

FSLink

Banned
They should really keep Production IG away from Tales and let ufotable or another studio do future titles if they're just going to wing it like they did with recent entries. Vesperia, Abyss, and Graces anime scenes were pretty bleh.

chrono01

Thanks! I guess I should look at watching Fate/Zero. Is it Fantasy like?
You can say that.

It essentially takes place in modern Japan where a war for the Holy Grail takes place. Those who attain the Grail are entitled to any one wish. People are "selected" by the Grail to do battle with the others chosen by forming a contract with a hero of the past.

There's a lot more to it, but that's the basis. It's a really great series.

kewlmyc

Fate/Zero is quite good. They have also done the Kara no Kyoukai movie and the Tales of Symphonia OVAs. They are supposed to be releasing an 8th Kara no Kyoukai movie and a new Fate/Stay Night series soon.

Also, I'm at the part where
Teepo gets kidnapped.
. I'm not even halfway am I?

So much truth.
It's either F/Z, Steins Gate, or Madoka for me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is it normal that I'm not very fond of Mila right now? I know she's a spirit and all, but she can be a cold-hearted bitch sometimes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is it normal that I'm not very fond of Mila right now? I know she's a spirit and all, but she can be a cold-hearted bitch sometimes.

She acts for the sake of her mission and as a result everything is secondary to her so yes, she is what you say. However, she's also learning about humans so...

Top Bottom