• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Decided to pick this game up, mostly on a whim. Got the Collector's edition for a relatively decent price on eBay. Wanted to get that artbook, might part out the statute, haven't decided yet. Watched an unboxing video after I won the auction, so disappointed that despite the size of the box they chose to do PS3 case size artbook anyways.

Anyways, should get mid-late next week, interested to give it a shot. Never played a Tales game. Picked up Tales of the Abyss, again on a whim, when it was looking like it might become rare on the 3Ds for about two weeks.

Bladenic

So I've gotten some of the Devil/Fell arms. Do they have any hidden bad effects? Because they have way better stats than anything else and no visible weaknesses. Usually in most games they don't become useful until later.

TheFatMan

Does anyone know whether we should expect more DLC Costumes in the near future? Or should I shamelessly spend my money on the ones that are available now?

Bladenic

Does anyone know whether we should expect more DLC Costumes in the near future? Or should I shamelessly spend my money on the ones that are available now?

School set that change the battle theme to something AMAZING. And then a set of cameo costumes that each change the battle theme.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Now Amazon is suggesting Time and Eternity for me, lol
I posted impressions of that damn game for a reason.

I've also expressed my disappointment with Yuzo Koshiro, too.

So I've gotten some of the Devil/Fell arms. Do they have any hidden bad effects? Because they have way better stats than anything else and no visible weaknesses. Usually in most games they don't become useful until later.
I actually don't recall if they do have hidden bad effects or not. I'd check but I'm kinda on vacation, ha. But no, they don't power up until you do 21F of the game's EX dungeon. Also remember that the power of the Fell Arms are based on how many enemies you kill. Additionally, you can share that amount with any linked partner.

you mean that place near Nia Khera? I read "monsters are stronger but it's a great place to level up" so I go there, with my level 9 party, and I get destroyed in 2 hits. (800+ damage per hit?) how are you supposed to grind there, lol.
Set the game to Easy, start taking out the little birds and the little things with the blue tails. Stay away from the Gentlemen enemies and the armadillo-lookin' dudes. But if they end up being in a fight with you anyway, just take 'em on and attack / use Jude's evade move / free run around.

Any missable trophies that I should watch out for if I'm intending to platinum the game?
The Sidequest one. You need to do 90/102 for them, and 32/102 are missable. You're going to have to play the game twice anyway, so mop up during your speedrun. You can pick the "get all skits" option in the grade shop and go through them at the beginning of the game to make the trophy pop (you can skip them and it'll still count). Nothing else is really missable in terms of trophies outside of the sidequest one.

argh ffs this freaking game.

I'd like to slap the people who thought it was a good idea to design the crappiest overworlds ever; sure, link the towns inbetween giant expanses with nothing except 10000 monsters all bunched up together. I got a bigger problem with the nothing part over the monsters tbh.

Kills what little enthusiam I have for this game. But I will finish this shit.... and I will finish this shit twice ;_;

Sorry, heart. Sorry, brain. Please bear with it for now.

The Grade Shop crap better give me low rates for 1325324x exp and 1731839x battle damage. The faster I can finish the second run, the better.
Welcome to my world of completely, completely disliking the field environments.

Grade shop has "carry over all levels", "carry over half levels", 2x crit for enemies/you, etc. Not to mention a carry over Fell Arms option, so it's beneficial to doing the EX dungeon before you start a new game if you want to make it go faster.

So I'm in
Xian Du
, and while I was exploring the nearby marsh, I ran into one of the
Devil's Arms beasts
. I'm level 41 right now... Can I take him, or should I wait?
Wait until Lv 50ish for the safest bet, imo. You could take him on, but he can be irritating at times. You can always take the Fell Arms beasts on any time you want.

Holmes

All I'm finding in the shiny spots and loot bags at
Orda palace
is gald and big horns. Is the game trying to tell me something about Nachtigal?

BY2K

Membero Americo
It does make the towns a lot more lively than any other Tales of.

Also, that white-haired guy manmaid or something of Milla? Yeah, fuck that guy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I sure am taking my time in this game, I just reached Jude's hometown (in 13 hours or so)!

aravuus

Urgh Elize, selfish kids are the worst. Good thing that little angst burst of her didn't last long, I was afraid it'd keep going.

Pooya

the default costumes look so bad other than Alvin, makes those school uniforms very tempting :| gotta be the new business plan to sell DLC with this and 13-2...

hair styles are all DLC?

i'd buy her mutton....
sadly.... my copy of the game arrived in milan, while i'm in trani (hometown southern italy) for the next 13 days...
and when i get back, i resume working straight away..
such sad life!

Hubb

the default costumes look so bad other than Alvin, makes those school uniforms very tempting :| gotta be the new business plan to sell DLC with this and 13-2...

hair styles are all DLC?

I don't mind Jude's and at least the in game unlockables for Milla look good.

Holmes

Is anyone else experience a bit of slowdown during battle? Doesn't happen often though. Oftentimes when most of the characters are using artes.

Rhapsody

Banned
So when will new costumes become available as dlc? I like the current ones but I really want more cameo costumes :X
Hopefully this Tuesday. Since the first Tuesday gave us two sets of costumes, there's not much left. If you exclude Star Driver and Idolmaster, all that's left are school and cameo iirc.
Ooooh, Leia, where have you been all my life?
Best character in Xillia imo
I feel like I've been grinding and I'm only level 20 with a full party :|

Even though I said two hours, I'm compressing it quite a bit, haha. But looking at my playtime, my total playtime up to that point was 7 hours (since I did take my time getting there). Just use exp food and it'll speed up. Gentlemen monsters gave me almost 1.7k or more sometimes.

ttocs

I forgot about those. Since I plan on finishing Xillia this week, hopefully they release a good amount of costumes on Tuesday.

I've never purchased DLC outfits before. How much are they typically and do they come in packs? Do they usually put out other DLC as well for tales games on the PS3?

Are they sexy christmas outfits? (Those are the only real costumes I care about in Tales of games, yes I'm a bad person)

86TZ6Brl.jpg

You are welcome to judge that yourself.

Does anyone know if there is a more in-depth shop expansion guide out there? I found this one but it really only covers how much experience is required to level them up rather than the contents and rewards of each shop. A quick google didn't find one for me and I'm reluctant to delve too deep incase of spoilers since I'm still fairly early in the game.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished my first playthrough (as Jude). Next I'll do my new game+ playthrough as Milla, then tackle the post-game content.
Just a few questions though:
What's the max character level, 200?
What am I looking at in terms of post-game content? collecting the fell arms, doing the coliseum and an ex dungeon? (I'm guessing that Magnus Zero is the name of the ex-dungeon?)
Teepo may possibly be my favorite Tales character ever lol. Super-pals unite!

I've never purchased DLC outfits before. How much are they typically and do they come in packs? Do they usually put out other DLC as well for tales games on the PS3?

They come individually and so far it's 3 bucks per costume.

Graces and Vesperia got DLC as well. Xillia 2 will have DLC as well.

I see ToX2 got Madoka Magica costumes, which we'll never get :(

They aren't even available anymore in the Japan PSN store. :[

Yazuka

I don't know if I should hate or just feel sorry for Ivar.

BTW folks. I have a question about attachments and Xillia 2, I'll spoiler mark them so people who don't want to know can keep out.
Does the attachments from Xillia 1 carry over too Xillia 2 also? Or just the things you've bought in the DLC?

So, question to you guys, I already have the game but I found a copy of the Collector's Edition at my local store. Worth it getting it or I can pass? I'm not the guy who's collecting figurines so asking you guys.

Bladenic

I don't know if I should hate or just feel sorry for Ivar.

BTW folks. I have a question about attachments and Xillia 2, I'll spoiler mark them so people who don't want to know can keep out.
Does the attachments from Xillia 1 carry over too Xillia 2 also? Or just the things you've bought in the DLC?

They don't, and it's because you unlock them in Xillia 2 through gameplay. Costumes carry over though.

Phenomic

You know this is going to be a vague question, but I feel like never before I'm struggling so much on a Tales game to the point where I don't even want to continue playing it.

The AI seems so horrifically bad that no matter what I do they just ignore my commands and do whatever they'd like. I've had them literally go into a corner linked before and sit there doing nothing.

Every single boss I fight I die for at least 45 minutes until I figure out some cheap tactic to beat them.

Maybe I just don't know how to control mobs or I don't know what the deal is. I'm using MOST of my orb points, even though I do like to stock some on hand. I could blow the 20 I have left on each character, but I'm not convinced this is the problem. I fight mobs and I don't think I'm horrendously under leveled and I'm not even playing on a hard difficulty.

I saw someone mention how easy this game is earlier. I just feel like I'm doing it wrong and I have no clue where to begin to ask what that is. Someone read my mind and magically find out how to make me enjoy this game, because I don't want to hate it.

Sorian

Banned
Maybe I just don't know how to control mobs or I don't know what the deal is. I'm using MOST of my orb points, even though I do like to stock some on hand. I could blow the 20 I have left on each character, but I'm not convinced this is the problem. I fight mobs and I don't think I'm horrendously under leveled and I'm not even playing on a hard difficulty.

I'm by no means an expert in this game so I'll pass the brunt of your question to others but am I reading this right? You are saving up some of your Lillium Orb points? Why? Having extra on hand does nothing for you othern than purposely neutering yourself.

Top Bottom