• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
are those creepy cat furry people in this game?

And lack of swimsuit in game outfits means no beach city/town :(

those and hotsprings always lead to the more goofy skits in tales games.
That's right. No Nam Cobanda Island. Also, no. No Turtle people. No cat people. Nothing.

Have fun. :V

also, is it just me or is this one of the jrpgs where its difficult in the beginning, while getting easier? as in terms of bosses. probably due to me having soo much elemental resistant gear and skills.
One of the reasons why the game itself is so easy to break.

People having trouble with the final boss...
when you have Leia in your party, just knock 'em down with an arte, and have Leia try to steal from them. That exponentially reduces the amount of time you spend with it since they won't be able to heal with items anymore.

PKrockin

Beast, i think that light move, wind tempest or w/e its called, and that arcane arte does.

there might be a few more.

I wish there were more moves that got people up again, i know Steel does, anything else?
I think some of Leia's standard attacks stand the enemy up, actually...

When I link with her as Jude anyway.

That's right. No Nam Cobanda Island. Also, no. No Turtle people. No cat people. Nothing.

Have fun. :V

One of the reasons why the game itself is so easy to break.

People having trouble with the final boss...
when you have Leia in your party, just knock 'em down with an arte, and have Leia try to steal from them. That exponentially reduces the amount of time you spend with it since they won't be able to heal with items anymore.

There was a sideevent thing i recall starting, something to do with spy group called 'cats' or something, from sleeping in one of the early seahaven inns.

how do i continue that?

RPGCrazied

And Muzet, yes.

Great! I hope Xillia 2 doesn't take as long, maybe they started localizing both of them at the same time. From what I hear 2 reuses a lot of assets from the first game. I hope its early 2014, but I'm going to say no.

Does the game have more ingame costumes, or is it all DLC again?

aravuus

Great! I hope Xillia 2 doesn't take as long, maybe they started localizing both of them at the same time. From what I hear 2 reuses a lot of assets from the first game. I hope its early 2014, but I'm going to say no.

Cue Kayos coming to crush your optimism lol

I believe all the Xillia 1 characters have a new costume. And that's about it.

Tohsaka

So, I'm near the end of chapter 3 as Milla and have been kind of neglecting food and linked artes/chains. I think I'm going to be in for quite a grind to get those trophies by the end.

Rhapsody

Banned

My main concern is if they want to space out the releases between Symphonia and ToX2. If that's the case, hopefully Symphonia comes out in February or something.

Stuart444

Is level 62ish okay to start that place?

Umm, Not sure, I started at 65 though (and ended at level 82 after 3 or so trips through the dungeon to level up) be sure to level up with 100% exp food in there (and try and get link encounters), you'll need all the experience you can get.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Trying to get for a friend.

Eeek... yeah. I think you're gonna have a hard time trying to find one. The CE seemed to have proper allocation this time around. By proper I mean that it's actually limited and it's a collector's item rofl.

RPGCrazied

My main concern is if they want to space out the releases between Symphonia and ToX2. If that's the case, hopefully Symphonia comes out in February or something.

I wouldn't mind that, but the hype of Xillia is still with me, I much rather play the sequel first. I hear its better than Xillia itself, thats a feat.

Though I have not played Symphonia in years, so that is fine I guess.

TEJ

Okay so I just got to
cline manor, the one with dresselia and rowen

when does the story pick up big time? When do the dungeons start showing up?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Symphonia should be coming out April. It's definitely not coming out in March and if they're smart they probably won't release it in February against LR.

R.I.P

Finally got the game yesterday and after a few hours in I've quite enjoyed it so far. I have a question about the sub events though: I'm just past Hamil now and I've only found one sub event so far. Have I missed any and can I come back to them later?

RPGCrazied

Symphonia should be coming out April. It's definitely not coming out in March and if they're smart they probably won't release it in February against LR.

They shouldn't be afraid of LR. Though Tales of games never sell like hotcakes to begin with. Its the first Final Fantasy I'm not buying day 1.

Stuart444

I'm still going with March myself and Xillia 2 in August.

Though if I had it my way, Xillia 2 would be out in June or July >_> the earlier the better for me.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm still betting (figure of speech) on February. Even if LR is that month. I suppose I could see it being in April though. It's just so far, that I hope it isn't true.

demidar

Heh, there's a Super Saiyan in this game.

Bosses in this game kinda suck. I really don't like the "counteract randomly" mechanic, "escaping combos randomly" would've been so much better as. My strategy now is to let two people tank the boss, Elize in the back as a healer and I control Rowen spamming Fireball, and even then it takes a while. Works well enough until the boss suddenly has a boner for old men and it they chase me around the arena while the other three stand around slack-jawed.

I've gotten back to Fennmont and the story has gotten pretty interesting, can't wait to play more tomorrow as I've got a date with that loli again. I've gotten pretty good at Leia and I'm even incorporating those sidestep attacks as well which adds a lot to the moment to moment fighting. I really need some new artes to play with though, leveling is coming along slowly.

heiyu

"they are sold out in cheagles fried sanduiches."

yes apparently they eat the poor things in xillia

Mieu <3

abyss2_18.jpg

Pooya

ok, well :\

this boss fight with Ivar kicked my ass, because I never played as Jude up until now, hate forced shit

Stuart444

But Dark Souls 2 is coming out in March.

Can always be released at the end of Feb/start of March, 2 weeks before Dark Souls 2. Or at the end, as long as it's March.

With ToSc being released in Japan at the end of the year, I don't see them waiting til April+ to release it outside of Japan.

We'll see though.

is meteor storm at least in this?

probably due to symphonia, but i kinda do associate maxwell with meteor storm... actually my favorite maxwell was eternia who had an alien tractor beam thing lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
Funny. Xillia celebrates Tales history. Leaves out hot springs, namcobanda isle, and Indignation.

To be fair, 360 Vesperia didn't have Indignation.

Top Bottom