• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My boyfriend is playing this game wrong. Playing on Easy mode. Not levelling the shop system. Not comboing. Free Running like a madman from what he's telling me.

I generally dislike playing Tales games with him since we usually disagree on everything, so we stopped doing it a long time ago since it was a source of irritation.

Because -- gasp! -- people have different preferences, and some people might enjoy the flavour that one voice has over the other!

Yikes. I'm glad mine is playing the game on Hard, although he did make fun of me for playing on Moderate... ( ._.)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The battle against
the king
becomes much easier when you understand that his MA is a counter.

It's not a counter. if you see a red exclamation mark and you get hit by the following attack it triggers it.

For the final boss
do Jude and Milla automatically use Tiger Blade Sigma
I was about to finish off the boss with Final Fury but instead got that. It was awesome :D

Yes. This happens.

Yikes. I'm glad mine is playing the game on Hard, although he did make fun of me for playing on Moderate... ( ._.)

Now I know why you didn't take that long on the final boss. I was underleveled and unprepared for the fight on Hard.

So when you level up and expand shops, are you expanding ALL shops of that type? Or just the one you are at? Or just the ones in the town you are in?

Also, are there any ingredients or anything you should hold on to or not "waste", or any scenarios where you can use up items that will be needed for some kind of sidequest and then are stuck having to grind like crazy or not be able to complete a quest?

Rhapsody

Banned
So when you level up and expand shops, are you expanding ALL shops of that type? Or just the one you are at? Or just the ones in the town you are in?

Also, are there any ingredients or anything you should hold on to or not "waste", or any scenarios where you can use up items that will be needed for some kind of sidequest and then are stuck having to grind like crazy or not be able to complete a quest?

All shops of that type. Each town will have the same things being sold, so it doesn't matter where you expand. The only ingredients to hold on to are the ones that are mentioned in sidequests, like you said. IIRC, none of them are hard to find, so there's no need to be worried on accidentally donating it.

Bladenic

Took me 16 minutes to beat final boss. No idea how it took some people 45 minutes to over an hour lmao. I used Leia's steal as soon as the battle started though.

Also (MA spoiler)
why is it called Tiger Blade Sigma when neither of them have Tiger Blade lmao. The Japanese name was the same since it had Kogahazan in it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Took me 16 minutes to beat final boss. No idea how it took some people 45 minutes to over an hour lmao. I used Leia's steal as soon as the battle started though.

Also (MA spoiler)
why is it called Tiger Blade Sigma when neither of them have Tiger Blade lmao. The Japanese name was the same since it had Kogahazan in it.

I'm kinda mad that when I first played the Japanese version, I was too into it and didn't notice those were items on hard mode. I thought those were spells for a second, which was why I had to lower the difficulty afterwards lol I didn't bother reading the text.

I'm pretty sure if I did steal, it would've been a cinch.

Finalow

Do you have items in your inventory for it (ie: did you tell them to use when it gets to 0 and replenish your stock at an item shop), and did you set the items in your tactical menu for it?
yes, I did all of that. I just put a limit like "when 5 left don't use it" but I always have around 15 units for all those items.

I had this issue and it turned out when I brought up the battle menu I had to hit square to enable auto items. Try checking that.
so I still have to enable them in the battle menu? Even if it's enabled on the strategy menu. It's strange 'cause I have 84 items "auto-used" in the record list but it didn't increase since the last 10 hours or so. anyway I'll check that.

FSLink

Banned
yes, I did all of that. I just put a limit like "when 5 left don't use it" but I always have around 15 units for all those items.

so I still have to enable them in the battle menu? Even if it's enabled on the strategy menu. It's strange 'cause I have 84 items "auto-used" in the record list but it didn't increase since the last 10 hours or so. anyway I'll check that.

Press Triangle in battle to bring up the battle menu and check if it's off there.

kayos90

Also (MA spoiler)

It's only long on hard.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, I had them all active in the item menu and nobody used them in battle because of that. Might have accidentally hit square once since it's easy to miss.

ohlawd

ugh god I have no idea if I have skipped some Milla-exclusive cut scenes so far. Just made it to the waterfalls before Nia Khera. This is boring the shit out of me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jesus Christ I have never hated a character so much in any game ever. This guy is out of his freakin mind.

Okay how do you expand the Lilium Orb? I thought you just had to unlock the skill all the way on the right, but I did that and nothing happened...

Okay how do you expand the Lilium Orb? I thought you just had to unlock the skill all the way on the right, but I did that and nothing happened...

Basically you need to get 3 of the 6 skills in the outer most layer for the Orb to expand. At the farthest layer one skill in particular will have a unique looking circle around it. One of the 3 skills you get MUST be that one

Easiest way is 1 mandatory 2 additional

ohlawd

You need 3 of the outermost cells. One of them has an outline and looks distinct from others; this one is mandatory. The other two don't really matter.

I liked Ivar, kinda the comic relief of the game. The voice actor sold it that much more.
I feel bad for the VA. He knows full well he just gave his voice to the worst character to ever grace a Tales game.

Golden Mage Knight is no joke.
Yeah ,
and you haven't seen his hard version yet
IVAR YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

i feel like i'll see this posted a lot of times.

I wonder if they ever were going to have Ivar as a party member. Thank god they didn't.

He never was planned to be a party member they did have plans for gaius & muzet but couldn't do it and had to change the story.

ohlawd

Well that last 2 hours was certainly the most intense a Tales of ever got. Jesus.

FUCK. IVAR.

I lol'd so hard at that scene.

My brother and I just looked at each other and we knew exactly what the other was thinking: "Fuckin' Ivar, man"

Bladenic

Ivar is annoying but there are far worse characters in the series, even playable. Like the aforementioned Shitnise. Or Assbel even.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Was Ivar in the later half of the second chapter? I don't remember.

He's the one who
activates the Lance of Kresnick during the battle on the Marsh.

Ugh, just thinking about it again is making my blood boil!

Edit: Wait, that's Chapter 3?

Rhapsody

Banned
I think you mean first half of chapter 3. Chapter 2 ends
after you beat Nachtigal
At least I'm pretty sure it does.

I loved that whole sequence at the start of chapter 3. It gave me that feeling in JRPGs where that was an event I would want to get to again when I replay it. Not all Tales gave me that feeling iirc.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
So I just saw a scene where Agria points a finger at Leia with a big close-up.

I have the nagging feeling she wanted to do something else.

She did do something else in the japanese version, if that's the same scene you talking about. They changed it for the english release.

kayos90

You can lose that fight but won't get a Game Over. (Which I did. :( )

He's not impossibly hard to beat. Fight's epic. The MA is even more awesome. I still think the fight against the Chimeriads is one of the most coolest fights in the series.

BY2K

Membero Americo
He's not impossibly hard to beat. Fight's epic. The MA is even more awesome. I still think the fight against the Chimeriads is one of the most coolest fights in the series.

That fight becomes bullshit though if all 3 gang up on the same party member.

Top Bottom