• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

kewlmyc

I really hated
his role as the villain. Especially after he learned of spyrites and he was still "durr gotta destroy everything cuz spyrix". Muzet was just worst. Her random insanity seemingly came out of nowhere. Then... all is forgiven after defeating them. The whole thing felt so unresolved to me.

I thought his stubbornness fit his character very well. He was a guy who pretty much united a country through pure willpower and by himself for the most part, so I can understand if he was less than willing to cooperate with something that wasn't guaranteed in the long run. Muzét was a pretty awful villain though, I agree. Came out of nowhere, went insane out of nowhere, and turned good out of nowhere. At least Gaius makes up for her.

Artemisia

Banned
Screen%20Shot%202013-08-15%20at%208.20.16%20AM.png

hurry the fuck up

i7vpiehJZjit6.gif

Finalow

Ivar is annoying but there are far worse characters in the series, even playable. Like the aforementioned Shitnise. Or Assbel even.
in the whole series? Well, indeed. Ivar is not even close.
still I don't like him at all, along with another couple of characters. They made him annoying on purpose as for Agria (and I guess they tried to make him funny as well) but it just doesn't work.

To be fair about Ivar,
your final fight against him was pretty fantastic and the conclusion afterward was also great.

Such is the fate of childhood friends in Japanese media.

Didn't stop Cheria in the last game, and she wouldn't even let Asbel going anywhere near the butt after she said she'd do anything for him as a kid :p

Also didn't stop Farah, Colette, or Shirley

Leia I think is the only childhood friend who doesn't win in the end.

scy

Didn't stop Cheria in the last game, and she wouldn't even let Asbel going anywhere near the butt after she said she'd do anything for him as a kid :p

Also didn't stop Farah, Colette, or Shirley

Leia I think is the only childhood friend who doesn't win in the end.

Where do we put Natalia in this?

Where do we put Natalia in this?

That's a really good question lol I intentionally left her out because she doesn't really get her man in the end on the account of
Asch dying and merging with Luke and the ending implying the hybrid came to keep his promise to Tear

Leia does stink. Only redeeming quality for me was the fact that she was my first character to get a Mystic Arte.

her skill to use items instantly is nice. she's also a good healer.

not one i'd usually play, but she's good to have around during boss fights.

games really do need to have more bo staff users.

FSLink

Banned
her skill to use items instantly is nice. she's also a good healer.

not one i'd usually play, but she's good to have around during boss fights.

games really do need to have more bo staff users.
Tempest Pirouette is also really broken. Also the skill to allow one item effect the entire party is nice too. Use an Apple Gel on one person to almost get a Treat like effect.

Tempest Pirouette is also really broken. Also the skill to allow one item effect the entire party is nice too. Use an Apple Gel on one person to almost get a Treat like effect.

does that work with life bottles?

Just give everyone that skill that gives you full hp after you get revived, break the game (even more).

scy

That's a really good question lol I intentionally left her out because she doesn't really get her man in the end on the account of
Asch dying and merging with Luke and the ending implying the hybrid came to keep his promise to Tear

Honestly, Natalia's story arc is so tragic :/

Then again, Leia's perspective on this whole thing is an NTR route.

Honestly, Natalia's story arc is so tragic :/

Then again, Leia's perspective on this whole thing is an NTR route.

It's really dumb as honestly there is no reason outside of her hot bod for Jude to want Milla over Leia from what I've played. Leia doesn't help herself by being overly demanding, then again I guess Jude is 15 so "durr boobs" might be all his hormones need

I'm thinking about this way too much lol

Einbroch

Banned
It's really dumb as honestly there is no reason outside of her hot bod for Jude to want Milla over Leia from what I've played. Leia doesn't help herself by being overly demanding, then again I guess Jude is 15 so "durr boobs" might be all his hormones need

Well, Leia might be a little too overbearing and energetic for logical, down-to-earth Jude. I guess they play off each other well, but Jude clearly is annoyed by her antics a lot of the time, even if he does occasionally find them charming.

I'm talking about them like they're real people.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I guess there's no characteristic or anything else beyond Milla's body that's totally worthy of admiration, right? Right guys? I mean... it's all about boobs. smh at this conversation.

I guess there's no characteristic or anything else beyond Milla's body that's totally worthy of admiration, right? Right guys? I mean... it's all about boobs. smh at this conversation.

She really wants to complete her mission, and she doesn't have much understanding of the world as a whole. Honestly Milla doesn't have much of a personality I get why but it has yet to convince me why Jude would fall for her in any form other then physical. Now maybe this will change later in the game but as of where I'm at it hasn't seemed to be the case

scy

She really wants to complete her mission, and she doesn't have much understanding of the world as a whole. Honestly Milla doesn't have much of a personality I get why but it has yet to convince me why Jude would fall for her in any form other then physical. Now maybe this will change later in the game but as of where I'm at it hasn't seemed to be the case

Hm, it's most likely just her determination, considering a lot of Jude's background story focus is his indecision and having no idea on what he wants to do. In Milla, he sees someone the opposite of himself.

Jude seems more attracted to her determination than physical.

Is it ever explained why Maxwell needed to be a busty human girl to save the world? Whats so wrong with the usual floating meteor storm raining old guy maxwell?

kayos90

Have you ever met someone who's charisma, conviction, beliefs, and willpower ever enamored your or inspired you in some way, shape, or form? Jude isn't in love with her entire being but he's mystified and inspired and in loved with how Milla is so resolute and strong. I mean... just because she has a "hot bod" doesn't mean he's going after her just cuz of that.

Hm, it's most likely just her determination, considering a lot of Jude's background story focus is his indecision and having no idea on what he wants to do. In Milla, he sees someone the opposite of himself.

I guess I can see that, will I get more of Jude's background later on of was the stunt at his home town it?

Is it ever explained why Maxwell needed to be a busty human girl to save the world? Whats so wrong with the usual floating meteor storm raining old guy maxwell?

She said that form was useful to distract 50% of the humans she interacted with. It's part of a side quest with the wanted posters

Have you ever met someone who's charisma, conviction, beliefs, and willpower ever enamored your or inspired you in some way, shape, or form? Jude isn't in love with her entire being but he's mystified and inspired and in loved with how Milla is so resolute and strong. I mean... just because she has a "hot bod" doesn't mean he's going after her just cuz of that.

I dunno the whole time it's just come off as overly stubborn on Milla's part with Jude kind of getting sucked into her world as he was too curious for his own good. Again I've not even arrived at Xian du so ill probably have my opinion changed by the end if Milla continues to act more and more human

demidar

To disarm men if I remember correctly. Who would say no to such a pretty face?

Datschge

Interesting how the opinions about the Jude/Leia relationship seem to be the opposite from those by earlier importers. Did the localization change much of its appearance?

hmmm so what does the ch number next to the title of subevents in that section of the menu mean? some are flashing.

I think i started that poster one... but thats it o_O

glad there is a subevent quest log, but i wish there were more details... its rarely obvious when to progress, well outside of skits i guess. Wish those skits update your quest log.

man, some of these event summaries in the event log are really weirdly written. like a weird fanfic.

Esura

Banned
Finished Jude's route earlier in the morning. I have to say its one great game. I actually found myself liking the cast over Graces f and I didn't think that was possible. Hate the fields though, hate them with hot fiery passion though. Took me about 45 hours at level 64 Jude.

One issue I have with the ending, related to Gaius.
Why the hell is he king of Riexe Maxia after all this shit I had to go through cause of him and his band of dick riders? Goddammit Rowen should've been king. Gaius reminded me too much of Duke and that also irked me a bit.

Finished Jude's route earlier in the morning. I have to say its one great game. I actually found myself liking the cast over Graces f and I didn't think that was possible. Hate the fields though, hate them with hot fiery passion though. Took me about 45 hours at level 64 Jude.

hmmmmm

Never really understood why cheria wanted asbel's dick. Or why anyone wants to hang out with him at all lol.

Or maybe its the childhood friend trope thing.

Wish the girl friends i knew since a kid were like that ;_;, they are all hot now too.

I didn't get to try out anyone other than Jude much, but is this one of the Tales games where the main characters are given waaay more tools and options in terms of being playable than the rest of the cast? Id like to probably play more as alvin but I always tend to feel a little handicapped when using the non-main character in most tales games

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My SO started playing this yesterday, and I really only have one question after sitting down and watching for awhile: is there something wrong with our disc? We'll sometimes get to parts where characters are having conversations in town and there's no background audio, no voice acting, nothing. Completely silent. It's really unsettling.

demidar

So my SO started playing this yesterday, and I really only have one question after sitting down and watching for awhile: is there something wrong with our disc? We'll sometimes get to parts where characters are having conversations in town and there's no background audio, no voice acting, nothing. Completely silent. It's really unsettling.

I think early in the game there isn't a lot of music for some reason. The first Seahaven you land at doesn't have music as well.

Does the voice acting cut out randomly or are there only some NPCs that aren't voiced? The game isn't 100% voice acted.

I didn't get to try out anyone other than Jude much, but is this one of the Tales games where the main characters are given waaay more tools and options in terms of being playable than the rest of the cast? Id like to probably play more as alvin but I always tend to feel a little handicapped when using the non-main character in most tales games

alvin does seem to take a while before he gets good. Need certain skills.

there is a pretty large disparity in terms of link skills between milla and jude vs others. :/

its always fun to try out different characters in random battles imo. keeps combat interesting.

otherwise you can probably spam palm strike all day and steamroll the game easily.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think early in the game there isn't a lot of music for some reason. The first Seahaven you land at doesn't have music as well.

Does the voice acting cut out randomly or are there only some NPCs that aren't voiced? The game isn't 100% voice acted.
The voice acting doesn't cut out (I'm fine with that, I think it was just a random NPC conversation), but I think we were at a dock somewhere and there weren't any waves, gull noises, town themes, whatever. 3 minutes on mute until we left to the map for battles.

demidar

The voice acting doesn't cut out (I'm fine with that, I think it was just a random NPC conversation), but I think we were at a dock somewhere and there weren't any waves, gull noises, town themes, whatever. 3 minutes on mute until we left to the map for battles.

I just went to Aladhi Seahaven (should be the first port you land on) and the waves are very soft. I had to turn the volume up a lot to even hear it clearly. No gulls or anything.

The ports in the game are just very lazy in general.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I just went to Aladhi Seahaven (should be the first port you land on) and the waves are very soft. I had to turn the volume up a lot to even hear it clearly. No gulls or anything.

The ports in the game are just very lazy in general.
Well, I'm glad they were there at least (though not having a background theme is inexcusable). I'll have to check the audio settings when I get back and maybe try to stop this from happening in the future.

Rhapsody

Banned
Too many Leia haters here :(
Yeah. He was probably in awe when he first saw her, but Jude seemed to really like Milla because of her resolve and how strong she was. It kind of built up off of admiration, imo. I don't think it was just looks.

TraBuch

Banned
I REALLY hate how everyone is so easily forgiven. I guess I should be used to it in Tales games by now, but ugh, it's just so ridiculous at times.

kayos90

I REALLY hate how everyone is so easily forgiven. I guess I should be used to it in Tales games by now, but ugh, it's just so ridiculous at times.

Is it? maybe it's because they think there's more to people and just can overlook things when it happens a few times? I think there are people out there who will instantly go nuts when a betrayal or w/e happens. However, I don't think it's farfetched to say the opposite as well. I don't think it's THAT ridiculous. And it's not so much a matter of forgiveness either. The party is always on edge and being cautious and paranoid. The trust is gone still.

Top Bottom