• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Ooccoo

Never really played Tales, will I like this game? Been hoping for a good JRPG for a while, and this one seems rad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That fight becomes bullshit though if all 3 gang up on the same party member.

You sort of have to take them out in a certain order. It can get quite hectic though.

How're you liking the game so far btw?

Never really played Tales, will I like this game? Been hoping for a good JRPG for a while, and this one seems rad.

Kagari thinks it's really good. Better than any console Final Fantasy released this gen. =D

Bladenic

You sort of have to take them out in a certain order. It can get quite hectic though.

Kagari thinks it's really good. Better than any console Final Fantasy released this gen. =D

What order do you go? I ALWAYS take out Presa first. Then it's usually Jiao, then Wingul. In the coliseum, Agria ended up being last, which was probably a mistake since she kept casting Sunburst

Young Magus

Yup, both are beatable.
..........I......I
Screen%20Shot%202012-09-13%20at%209.39.39%20AM.png

BY2K

Membero Americo

Love it. Certainly the most intense Tales of yet, even if the first chapter is slow. Love the cast (except Ivar, fuck that guy), love the music.

Btw, I'm not finding myself using artes with Jude all that much except Demon Fist, even against Nactigal. And I'm playing on moderate.

Rhapsody

Banned
Love it. Certainly the most intense Tales of yet, even if the first chapter is slow. Love the cast (except Ivar, fuck that guy), love the music.

Btw, I'm not finding myself using artes with Jude all that much except Demon Fist, even against Nactigal. And I'm playing on moderate.
IMO, I think Demon Fist is just really good in this game for Jude. Decent damage and fast, so you can just backstep and punish once they break out of a combo.

Holmes

Alright, everyone's at level 99 now and got the best armour I can buy. Hope I can tackle the Golden Mage Knight now... except I have to wait until tomorrow after work. Gonna be thinking about this boss all day tomorrow.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Glad you're liking it. Moderate is definitely the way to play it. Normal i find to be ridiculous easy. Who's your favorite character in the game so far? Including everyone not playable as well.

What order do you go? I ALWAYS take out Presa first. Then it's usually Jiao, then Wingul. In the coliseum, Agria ended up being last, which was probably a mistake since she kept casting Sunburst

Presa first. Always. Then I deal with Agria. Doesn't matter who after that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

That's because it is.

Young Magus

What was the cutscene like after the boss in chapter 4? Curious if it was different if you lose.

I dont remember well but I think it went sometime like this:
Jude is still knocked by the events and Alvin berates him over the events that happened.
How was yours.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Glad you're liking it. Moderate is definitely the way to play it. Normal i find to be ridiculous easy. Who's your favorite character in the game so far? Including everyone not playable as well.

Easy. Alvin.

With aviator glasses and sideburns.

I have no idea what the deal is with him yet, but goddamn he's awesome.

ohlawd

the fuck with the crazy girl spamming lemon gels that heal 9000.

I assume leia can do something about that... but doesn't seem so o_O
Don't you gotta knock the enemy down first and have your partnered up Leia steal?

I didn't even bother with preventing them from using items. I brute forced my way through.

PKrockin

Chapter 2

So after Elize is kidnapped and you find her, Alvin says he killed one of the Exodus guys. But the guy lying on the ground nearby is still breathing. Oh boy.

Also holy crap this ring out arena rule is brutal. I need to learn Beast before doing this.

Beginning of Ch.2, I just got to the (standard in every Tales game)
Colosseum
and harpies... Harpies everywhere...

When you think you have it under control, the harpies call more harpies...

I had to set everyone in my team to spread out in order to actually get it under control. That way, they could cancel the calls for more harpies. But man...

PKrockin

Beginning of Ch.2, I just got to the (standard in every Tales game)
Colosseum
and harpies... Harpies everywhere...

When you think you have it under control, the harpies call more harpies...

I had to set everyone in my team to spread out in order to actually get it under control. That way, they could cancel the calls for more harpies. But man...
Are you telling me harpies can call for help in the
coliseum
? Oh... oh my.

kewlmyc

Just finished the game. What a great finale.
I thought I was going to have to fight Super Gaius and Muzét with only Jude and Millia. However having your friends join you one by one was a nice touch.
Out of the few Tales games I've played, this is the best (Xillia>Abyss>Graces). I'll probably revisit the extra dungeon and then Millia's route later on closer to Xillia 2 release. But for now, I'll go ahead and play Vesperia (yeah I know, slowpoke).

the fuck with the crazy girl spamming lemon gels that heal 9000.

I assume leia can do something about that... but doesn't seem so o_O

Link with her and knock Agria to the ground. She'll steal Agria's lemon gels.

wow, rowen's mystic arte not only is badass, but a mob move.

how do you use leias?

Soulstoke Spin

Chapter 2

So after Elize is kidnapped and you find her, Alvin says he killed one of the Exodus guys. But the guy lying on the ground nearby is still breathing. Oh boy.

Also holy crap this ring out arena rule is brutal. I need to learn Beast before doing this.

I guess I'm over leveled I've not even seen the arena and I already have beast lol.

Bladenic

Just finished the game. What a great finale.
I thought I was going to have to fight Super Gaius and Muzét with only Jude and Millia. However having your friends join you one by one was a nice touch.
Out of the few Tales games I've played, this is the best (Xillia>Abyss>Graces). I'll probably revisit the extra dungeon and then Millia's route later on closer to Xillia 2 release. But for now, I'll go ahead and play Vesperia (yeah I know, slowpoke).

Link with her and knock Agria to the ground. She'll steal Agria's lemon gels.

Soulstoke Spin

I loved that during the final boss. It was really cool and epic IMO.

Toki767

Just finished the game. It was pretty enjoyable. I liked the way the final boss battles played out, although the final dungeon was pretty lackluster. Tried the after dungeon after but man that boss just owned me on the third phase.

still not too sure why everyone is at war in this game... its usually to fight over spirits or something... but I feel like i missed something... is it basically because both kings seem like the warrior type?

Gaius.
Dude's the best character in any Tales game. Period. It's nice to see a character who isn't fighting because of a strict bias against others or just because he's an asshole. They really hit the nail on the head with this villain. Can't wait to play as him in Xillia 2.

RyoonZ

Banned
I just started the game, are materials used in weapon upgrade (if there's any) or are they just used as selling for gald and upgrading shop level?

kewlmyc

I just started the game, are materials used in weapon upgrade (if there's any) or are they just used as selling for gald and upgrading shop level?

Only for selling and upgrading shops. Occasionally you'll need one for a subquest, but they're so common that it shouldn't be a problem.

TripleSun

When you beat the game do you keep your stats and everything for the other playthrough like beating Jude and moving onto Milla's?

When you beat the game do you keep your stats and everything for the other playthrough like beating Jude and moving onto Milla's?

You can buy the ability to do that in the grade shop if you have enough grade to buy everything you want.

Otherwise you could also just buy multipliers for exp, gald, item drop, material worth, etc to get you right back to where you ended up in a faster amount of time!

SaintZ

Oh so I guess chapter 3 ends
after Milla sacrifices herself?

I felt it was too short... anyway, what the hell did just happen?

Then what happens after that. Lord. I thought
Alvin
was going to kick my ass, but that didn't happen because I abused the orange gels lol.

All that segment was so dramatic.
Also, Múzet wants you dead?! After I filled her with loads of mana? Bitch.
Before advancing any further I guess I'll try to complete some side quests because I'm way too fucking behinds with that.

Thoraxes

Yo where do I get the maid outfit? My goddess needs new duds.

Am I the only one who thinks Leia's crawl animation was a waste? She could have been crawling on all fours. Fucking Bamco.
It's
paid DLC

And I know that feel :(

Edit: Aw shit, the visit with Alivn
's mom was
depressing as fuck. Jude's face represented how I felt at that whole little unveiling, mouth agape and all.

Jude's facial expressions are always so appropriate. I was really impressed by them in this game.

Like that one victory thing he has with Leia where she says "We're perfectly in sync!" and Jude says "The power of linking.", then Leia says "OR 'cause we're childhood friends! >.>"

and then Jude looks at her with this "God, you really annoy me sometimes..." face. It's perfect.

FSLink

Banned
Beat Xillia 1. Turned down the difficulty for the final boss again to Normal just so I can finish it real fast and get to New Game Plus on Milla side and Xillia 2 (JP). Might go back and look for the skill books before I transfer stuff over to the NG+.

Anybody have a list of the locations?

Also he scene before the final boss with Elize and Alvin was well done in English imo.

Still loving this track from the OST too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN9Tf3TgR9I

And back to hearing it again when I popped in Xillia 2. So relaxing.

Bladenic

Jude's facial expressions are always so appropriate. I was really impressed by them in this game.

Like that one victory thing he has with Leia where she says "We're perfectly in sync!" and Jude says "The power of linking.", then Leia says "OR 'cause we're childhood friends! >.>"

and then Jude looks at her with this "God, you really annoy me sometimes..." face. It's perfect.

Poor Leia :(

Holmes

Gaius.
Dude's the best character in any Tales game. Period. It's nice to see a character who isn't fighting because of a strict bias against others or just because he's an asshole. They really hit the nail on the head with this villain. Can't wait to play as him in Xillia 2.
I really hated
his role as the villain. Especially after he learned of spyrites and he was still "durr gotta destroy everything cuz spyrix". Muzet was just worst. Her random insanity seemingly came out of nowhere. Then... all is forgiven after defeating them. The whole thing felt so unresolved to me.

To be fair about Ivar,
your final fight against him was pretty fantastic and the conclusion afterward was also great.

Such is the fate of childhood friends in Japanese media.

She had a big opponent in front of her. she is in the " best childhood friend" type, however.

Top Bottom