• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

you know after pacific rim... maybe its due to linked artes thingy that makes everyone more trust worthy of each other? idk...

When was the last tales game that the protag can use a spear?

Rhapsody

Banned
Practically almost every Tales has a spear-weilding party member or something close to it at least.
Last actual main protagonist is Reid though.

Edit: Actually wait. Ludger counts kinda lol

So I finally beat the game, is there anything I must use for my New Game+ in the grade shop? I only have 2600 points so I can't get the skits.. I was thinking double exp since its cheap..and then just item and skill related bonuses. Also, is there a good guide for when and where to get sub events at? I actually wanna get them and the trophy for it on this play through.

Shouta

I am seriously not seeing this. Am I just crazy or are people just fishing for stuff?

Everyone's a pervert!

Alvin didn't really hit on Elize in the JP version as I recall. Some teasing and made comments that she'll be beautiful when she gets older but that's about it, as I recall.

don't recall any actual creepness, just alvin being a meanie to elize.

man... my weapon store is still like mid 20s and my dudes are like lvl 40s.

This whole store upgrade system is pretty tedious and pointless.

Is there any easy way to reset the 3x thingie? Can i just reload the game a bunch or enter/exit a map or something?

Do they mention the age of the cast in the game? Don't recall jude being 15... well i think leia said she was 15, and elize said she was 3 years younger. Don't recall ever a mention of leia and jude being same age.

PKrockin

Its not as bad as creepy Alvin hitting on 13 year Elly a few times...
I don't think I've come across that yet...

It's funny, since they established Jude being poised to graduate from medical school I couldn't help but think of him as being in his early 20s. At one point the thought even ocurred to me that Jude should just adopt Elize himself. But with his real age it would be more appropriate for Jude to be hitting on her. lol

Rhapsody

Banned
don't recall any actual creepness, just alvin being a meanie to elize.

man... my weapon store is still like mid 20s and my dudes are like lvl 40s.

This whole store upgrade system is pretty tedious and pointless.

Is there any easy way to reset the 3x thingie? Can i just reload the game a bunch or enter/exit a map or something?

Do they mention the age of the cast in the game? Don't recall jude being 15... well i think leia said she was 15, and elize said she was 3 years younger. Don't recall ever a mention of leia and jude being same age.
I basically hoard a bunch of materials and wait until 3x unless I'm really impatient. I don't know what triggers the bonuses to change, but it's not exiting and entering a map. It might have to deal with battles though.

And I got the ages all from the official website http://tox.namco-ch.net/?url_id=10

PKrockin

Saving and loading doesn't change them either.

The game explained that they change with time and fighting battles but I'm not sure how often/many.

demidar

Pretty sure he's just teasing her, making her feel uncomfortable.

I honestly think people are seeing things that they want to see :/

If you land burn on a boss, you can really clean up. And it's so easy with Rowen casting Fireball over and over with guard cancelling.

kewlmyc

I am seriously not seeing this. Am I just crazy or are people just fishing for stuff?

Me either. There was one skit where he says she'll be a looker when she grow older, but that didn't come off as flirting to me. Then again, I'm pretty oblivious to flirting, even in real life.

TEJ

It does kind of seem like Alvin is hitting on her. I'm currently at fort galahad and it seems like almost everything this guy says or does is a bit unsettling or fishy.

I'm kind of expecting him to
be working for king nazgul or those other strange people who also seem to be the villains

I also have this suspician that rowen
Is working for the enemy

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I had a skit last night about Alvin being ambidextrous and near the end he takes Elize and Milla in both arms saying one of the reasons is to handle more women or something. But I took it more as he just jags her to make her uncomfortable.

So is milla suppose to be full human and not some animated barbie doll? Well it did take 20 years to 'grow her' and human healing techniques seem to work on her.

Einbroch

Banned
tumblr_lt4f4lzw1Q1r37pqlo1_1280.jpg

Bladenic

Interesting how the opinions about the Jude/Leia relationship seem to be the opposite from those by earlier importers. Did the localization change much of its appearance?

What were the opinions of the importers?

And regarding Natalia, she doesn't count, since she wasn't Luke's childhood friend :p. I do kind of wish the ending would have expanded more upon that whole thing though. But they wanted to leave it up to interpretation.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Okay, let's not do this in this thread. Thread's for the game, really (asking story bits, game mechanics, etc.).

If you have something like pairings (regular, crack, whathaveyou), please try to discuss it in the Community thread. That's what it's there for; to discuss silly nonsense about the series in many capacities. And even then, that thread has rules about fanart, so if you have fanart to post in that thread, keep it clean, and learn when to back off when people don't seem to like it/begin to disregard it.

Essentially, try to keep it clean and respectful and we'll have a good time.

Thorgal

So i just beat the crap out of
nachtigal (you might say dude got "iced"
KuGsj.gif
)

Just a question: i got everyone leveled to the second orb and i was wondering when you start to learn MA's ?

Einbroch

Banned
N-n-n-nothing.

Back on topic, this is the first game where I actually don't mind controlling other characters. Milla in particular is pretty fun.

N-n-n-nothing.

Back on topic, this is the first game where I actually don't mind controlling other characters. Milla in particular is pretty fun.

I like Jude, Milla, Leia, and Elize even.

Elize linked with Milla for Chaotic Fusion is THE BEST at taking out trash late in the game.

Alvin and Rowen can get lost. I wish they would stop complaining I don't let them fight.

edit: on that note, the party complaining when they are hungry is also REALLY annoying. The way Leia says "JUUUUUUUUDE, make me something!" just... ugh.

The only thing I'm not a big fan of using Milla is that her higher level spells when not casted as spells are just extensions of her previous moves. I wanted more variety.

PKrockin

I remember importers/Japanese posters telling me Jude is ten times worse than Asbel but he's not bothering me as much so far. I mean, at least he has a brain.

Finished Jude's route earlier in the morning. I have to say its one great game. I actually found myself liking the cast over Graces f and I didn't think that was possible. Hate the fields though, hate them with hot fiery passion though. Took me about 45 hours at level 64 Jude.

One issue I have with the ending, related to Gaius.
Why the hell is he king of Riexe Maxia after all this shit I had to go through cause of him and his band of dick riders? Goddammit Rowen should've been king. Gaius reminded me too much of Duke and that also irked me a bit.

about the ending :

the main issue is age, mainly ... rowen is still #2 even after all of this if rowen was 20 years younger that would have been a legitimate complain but still ...

I like Jude, Milla, Leia, and Elize even.

Elize linked with Milla for Chaotic Fusion is THE BEST at taking out trash late in the game.

Alvin and Rowen can get lost. I wish they would stop complaining I don't let them fight.

edit: on that note, the party complaining when they are hungry is also REALLY annoying. The way Leia says "JUUUUUUUUDE, make me something!" just... ugh.

the party complaining is to remind you that you need to use cooking more often. if you do use cooking regulary , you'll get your trophy without grinding , and you'll never hear them again.

Top Bottom