• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

I've got another quick question for those who have more experience with this game. I'm like 2 hours in and have picked up a fair few herbs so far. Is it best to consume them as and when I pick them? Or is there a more efficient method down the road of fusing them into red sage/red savory etc to get more out of them?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've got another quick question for those who have more experience with this game. I'm like 2 hours in and have picked up a fair few herbs so far. Is it best to consume them as and when I pick them? Or is there a more efficient method down the road of fusing them into red sage/red savory etc to get more out of them?

I would like to ask this as well, i've got like 10 of each stat boosting herbs, just hoarding them for fear of not wasting them unknowingly, also really haven't needed them cause combat is kind of easy.

Demonfang

Banned

Im a couple hours in and if it's anything like the older tales games it'll just give permenant stat boosts. Just don't give it to a character that leaves early, think we all know who that is.

Not sure bout the others in fear of spoilers

Volodja

Preordered it on Steam.
Let's see if I'll actually manage to finish this one, only ever done it with one Tales of game (out of 5).

Reading that this could be around 30 hours long, and that may help considering that that's usually when I drop them.

demonkaze

So I'm playing on hard from the start and with the lowered exp I'm guessing I'm supposed to be making the most out of the equipment/skills system?

Is there any tips or links to help out? I have so much equipment at the moment that I'm not sure what I should be doing with them. Should I be maxing all of them out before fusing, what's the benefits from that?

Was also wondering about the titles, I haven't taken the first one off from Sorey, do titles have exclusive rates or skills, what's the highest proficiency level for them or should I just go for the one with the best stat bonuses?

FFS, Namco - tried to redeem Alisha's Story with a UK copy. The website that pops up is in French, if I set it to English it navigates away from the page and the downloads are nowhere to be found. I go through the process anyways, despite it being in French - Namco send a code to my email, I put it in the PSN Store and: "this code has already been used".

Also, no screenshots? Assholes. I've got the PS4 set to take screenshots when trophies are earned, so every time I get a trophy in this game I also get a message about screenshots being disabled.

Enjoying it otherwise though, just left Ladylake.

Peff

Im a couple hours in and if it's anything like the older tales games it'll just give permenant stat boosts. Just don't give it to a character that leaves early, think we all know who that is.

Not sure bout the others in fear of spoilers

Not quite, using one heals you and it also maxes your BG back to 100, so it's useful for the longer dungeons when you don't have inns nearby, but it's not a huge problem either way.

zakujanai

7 hours in and I never had a stutter o.o maybe it was a one time thing?

It's the only time it's happened in 10 hours burr it was really bad. The camera in this dungeon it's pretty much visually sick in the walls though, I'm playing most of it blind.

On a more positive note, I'm enjoying all the Arthurian legend stuff mixed into this. Particularly liked the use of Dumnonia (an ancient British Kingdom suggested to be where Arthur ruled). Rountabel was quite amusing when I first heard it too.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else order the CE at gamestop.com?

My order still says not shipped, but I can't make changes or cancel the order. I have a charge on my card, says pending, but still a charge. Not to mention at this time you can still order the CE over there.

I should be good no?

alexein

Is Someone bothered by the crest on the collector figurines, the one for sorey and edna are not facing forward, or its that i didnt put them correctly?

Happy to see my old ass graphic card is part of the recommended settings. Think I will go for the PC version than PS4 version.

Preordered it on Steam.
Let's see if I'll actually manage to finish this one, only ever done it with one Tales of game (out of 5).

Reading that this could be around 30 hours long, and that may help considering that that's usually when I drop them.

I like the sound of that. Every tales game gets boring after 30 hours and is usually filled with unecessary padding and backtracking.

TheFatMan

Preordered it on Steam.

30 hours? That's disappointing. Probably the shortest Tales game I've ever played if that is true.

Volodja

storafötter;181987790 said:
Happy to see my old ass graphic card is part of the recommended settings. Think I will go for the PC version than PS4 version.

I like the sound of that. Every tales game gets boring after 30 hours and is usually filled with unecessary padding and backtracking.

30 hours? That's disappointing. Probably the shortest Tales game I've ever played if that is true.
Please note that my 30 hours evidence was exclusively based on this post in this thread (nested quote in it so it doesn't show fully), which is why I said that it could be around 30 hours, I dunno if this particular poster is especially fast and I haven't actually done much research on it aside from reading this thread lazily.
My impressions from the Japanese ps3 version, maybe someone will find this useful:

I'm sure that figure varies, however not sure by how much, but the chance of it being far shorter compared to my previous experiences gives me hope because that seems to be my breaking point for jrpgs in general.

Althane

So if this is out on the PS4, does anyone know why it isn't out until Monday on the PC?

Kind of wanted to play it over the weekend. =\

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just pre-ordered this on Steam. I rarely buy anything on release anymore, but I decided to make an exception for this one. I read enough of the pros and cons to know what I'm getting into.

I could probably wait for a sale, but the last Tales I finished was Vesperia on the 360 (which I really enjoyed) and I've been in the mood for a new one. Even if this gets a price cut on the Winter Sale I don't believe it will be a substantial one, and by then I'll have played more than enough of it.

The pre-order bonuses are nice too. I beat GC Symphonia on the Wii and I'll probably not play it again, but my brother will be interested in trying it out through family sharing. Hopefully this free Mystic Artes/Alisha DLC business goes smoothly when the PC version releases.

Bummed that the beach costumes are paid DLC instead of unblockables though. I want to fight battles with shirtless Sorey. :p

Zafir

Amazon.de still haven't shipped my CE. >.>

Guess they're like the UK Amazon in that they set a delivery date and don't even attempt to get it out to you earlier than that. I just hope they even have it I guess, it's been sold out ages on there, so I'm worried if I'll even get it.
Seeing not one but TWO Tales games on my Steam game list is so weird. Ahh, can't wait!

I've had Tales of games on my Steam game's list for ages. :D

Hooray for emulators, allowing me to play old games in much higher quality.

Falk

that puzzling face
I refuse to acknowledge the existence of that game.

I'll probably bite and get it after I finish the cheevos on Civ V then actually lose my sanity trying to get ToME cheevos.

FFS, Namco - tried to redeem Alisha's Story with a UK copy. The website that pops up is in French, if I set it to English it navigates away from the page and the downloads are nowhere to be found. I go through the process anyways, despite it being in French - Namco send a code to my email, I put it in the PSN Store and: "this code has already been used".

Also, no screenshots? Assholes. I've got the PS4 set to take screenshots when trophies are earned, so every time I get a trophy in this game I also get a message about screenshots being disabled.

Enjoying it otherwise though, just left Ladylake.

It says that for me as well. The process to unlock the dlc is so obtuse

zakujanai

Frame rate drops getting more prevalent, camera still horrendous. Trying to match up skills on that grid thing is getting increasingly frustrating. Generally just a disappointment.

Anyone else order the CE at gamestop.com?

My order still says not shipped, but I can't make changes or cancel the order. I have a charge on my card, says pending, but still a charge. Not to mention at this time you can still order the CE over there.

I should be good no?

Hopefully, if i were you I would try and reach out and contact someone. since there is only 20,000 this could be a case of preorder until release date in which they will do mass cancellation. something they done in the past

Hugstable

Banned
Frame rate drops getting more prevalent, camera still horrendous. Trying to match up skills on that grid thing is getting increasingly frustrating. Generally just a disappointment.

If this is true then I'm definitely not picking this up on PS4, will just end up waiting for a Steam sale. Is it really bad? Do you know how long it takes a hit and how bad it is? Is it super frequent?

RPGCrazied

Hopefully, if i were you I would try and reach out and contact someone. since there is only 20,000 this could be a case of preorder until release date in which they will do mass cancellation. something they done in the past

But why would they begin to process the order if they don't know how many they have? Plus you can still order it at this moment over there. Wouldn't it say out of stock or backordered if there was a quantity issue?

I did email them, though it being the weekend I might not get a response quick.

Saiyan-Rox

Bought this on steam and didn't realize the release date was for some reason a few days longer :/

Reading the thread (and reviews) it doesn't seem to be really popular....or maybe i'm just picking up on the bad over the good. Last Tales game I played and liked was vesperia I didn't like graces F or Xillia tbh

So just finished the sewer in lady lake. Loving the game so far but some gripes so far

Levelling up doesn't seem to affect much
Skills/titles are a bit weird and handled alot better in other games (graces system was awesome)
The op song being removed
And so far not had too many battles, think that will change soon, but getting to the point I want the game to let me fight for a bit!

zakujanai

If this is true then I'm definitely not picking this up on PS4, will just end up waiting for a Steam sale. Is it really bad? Do you know how long it takes a hit and how bad it is? Is it super frequent?

It didn't happen for the first 8 hours or so but once I had 4 party members all using magic abilities it's been happening more frequently. Not seen anyone else mention the problem here yet though so maybe I've just been unfortunate or use abilities with more demanding effects? I've never really been someone who worried about 30 vs 60fps, never really noticed issues like this with other games.

I'll be honest, it's annoying when it happens but usually when it does, the camera is stuck on an enemy or a wall so I'm more concerned with trying to get it back into a position where I can see what I'm doing.

Falk

that puzzling face

From what I'm seeing, camera wasn't really iterated upon at all, but frame drops? Sorry for the absurdly obvious question but you're not having problems running any other games are you? (as in, is it choking hardware)

zakujanai

From what I'm seeing, camera wasn't really iterated upon at all, but frame drops? Sorry for the absurdly obvious question but you're not having problems running any other games are you? (as in, is it choking hardware)

Not that I'm aware? Played the Order to completion last week without issue and no problems with DQ Heroes so far either. I agree that it's strange though, can't understand how a PS4 could struggle with a PS3 game.

Maybe I'll turn the PS4 completely off and restart it, that worked when Shadow of Mordor dropped to an absurdly low frame rate when I was playing it last year. That was much more pronounced than this though.

Kouriozan

Finally got Rose in my party, that scene before she joins
Sorey holding her hand so she could hear the seraphim
was really funny, haha.
Poor Sorey!

zakujanai

15 hours 14 minutes into the game, 1 hour 17 minutes in battles. I mainly play RPGs for story but even for me this is a bit lacking in action.

Top Bottom