• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

twisteh

Depression from coming home from Tenerife slightly better due to fact will be having an epic late sesh on this tomorrow. To people who have already been playing, what is the difficulty like? Thinking of playing on Easy (shut up) just so I can enjoy the story but still want a bit of a challenge.. Will do Normal if that's just too simple.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
For rea ?l Worse then in Xenosaga ?

Never worse than Xenosaga IMO.

Depression from coming home from Tenerife slightly better due to fact will be having an epic late sesh on this tomorrow. To people who have already been playing, what is the difficulty like? Thinking of playing on Easy (shut up) just so I can enjoy the story but still want a bit of a challenge.. Will do Normal if that's just too simple.

I believe there were some reviewers calling it easy on normal difficulty so I guess not difficult. The camera is the thing that can be hard at some fights.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It's a fairly simple game, you'll be easily able to play it on Normal with little skill and on easy you may as well just put all artes on Auto and let the AI kill things for you.

Persona7

Banned
Namco posted another image of the NA CE on their instagram.

Fr5JgxB.jpg

https://instagram.com/bandainamcous/

I started this on PS3 didn't thinking it'd be that bad.

Jesus Christ is it bad. Even the voice acting and script is a new level of low, don't get me wrong I hardly value the Japanese voice acting but it just comes across as piss poor. I'm only about 2 hours in so far so I'll give it time for more characters but in these two hours impressions were mostly negative honestly.

Taruranto

The skill system keeps bothering me so much. I don't mind camera/fps drops, but one of the reason I loved Grace combat system was because of the synergy between the various systems.

It was just such a joy to grind titles. Here, I don't know wtf I'm doing half of the time when it comes to skills, and the progression feels overall unsatisfying.

Kouriozan

The skill system keeps bothering me so much. I don't mind camera/fps drops, but one of the reason I loved Grace combat system was because of the synergy between the various systems.

It was just such a joy to grind titles. Here, I don't know wtf I'm doing half of the time when it comes to skills, and the progression feels overall unsatisfying.
So far I am focusing on getting the first column for that sweet all stats +20 bonus.
Playing on second difficulty, bosses are a bit hard but it's manageable.

squadr0n

Just as another opinion, for me Zestiria is the most enjoyable JRPG in a while.
I first got it on PS3 and then double dipped to experience it without resolution / performance problems, and I'm not regretting it.

I'm also playing Tokyo Xanadu and Yoru no Nai Kuni but they can't keep me hooked as much as Zestiria.

I'm not a huge Tales fan, I've played Xillia but Zestiria is ways ahead in what I consider important in these kinds of games: story, world, characters, music, art style

Camera is a bit quirky but other than that I can't criticize the battle system that much, to me it works well enough but I'm not a veteran, so if that's important then I can't say anything.

This is what I wanted to hear. Im pretty much ready to play any JRPG on my PS4 but this has been the one ive been looking forward too the most. I really wanted to like Xillia but it seemed like it took forever for anything to happen in the story. It had such a great setting up ended up wasting all of it for a bland fantasy setting instead of what was presented in the opening. I thought they were going to correct it with Xillia 2 but instead they just reused all the same maps and included the debt system and just ruined everything. On top of all that the new MC was silent lol.

Really like the look of the fusion system this time around. Can anyone tell me if there are Dragon boss battles? I know thats kinda random but ive been wondering this for awhile.

That CE is awesome but I cant stand how they are always pre order only. How am I supposed to know if im going to want it and spend that much money before I know anything about the actually game. Maybe its just me but if I knew what I know now I would have reserved it. Atleast I jumped the gun and pre ordered Xenoblade CE even if its getting negative previews.

Kouriozan

Dragons are a main point of this game.
(Corrupted Seraphim become dragons)
Already fought
a wyvern and a small humanoid-like dragon.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How about steam version?
How will steam users redeem their free DLCs?
For now no one seems to know for sure. I'm thinking the Mystic Artes and the Alisha DLC will either already be unlocked in the game or that they'll show up in the Bandai Namco VIP corner (at the moment you can only get PS3 and PS4 codes there, even though PC digital is included as eligible for those two pre-order bonuses).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/351970/discussions/0/530646080854653951/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/351970/discussions/0/530646080847787700/

Aeana

Yes. That's why the skill system is probably the most-criticized aspect of the game. The lack of permanence or any real sense of growth is irritating. And there's really only so much you can do by combining equipment.

e_i

PS4 preload is up...

or not. Or something. The online store says "Download to your PS4," but my PS4 says no download. *sigh*

Stuart444

Because the game tell you that in the first 20 mins, or even in the introduction right after starting a new game.

Alright, you win.

Some people may be wanting to read impressions before buying the game. If it was on the back of the box or something I'd agree on it not being a spoiler but I don't think it is on the back of the box lol.

ED Cantu

Because the game tell you that in the first 20 mins, or even in the introduction right after starting a new game.

Alright, you win.

That is still a spoiler because it was never mentioned on trailers or promotional material, not even in the Dawn of the Shepherd ova which supposedly cover the first hour or so of the game, I just remember them mentioning hellions.

Edit.
Didn‘t see that you edited your post before I posted, lets forget it

Kouriozan

Really sorry if that spoiled some of you, I only remember learning about that before the game release in the West, watching the first few hours of a Japanese let's play.

Stuart444

So I've just started the PS4 version. Had a bit of an issue that involved cleaning the disc (it had marks on it as soon as I got it out of it's case and the PS4 wouldn't read it due to that) and it's working now but I'm being cautious now due to that. :/ hopefully the game keeps working fine, would rather not deal with contacting Amazon/Bamco to get a new game without returning the actual CE of course.

Besides that, the game looks so much better than the PS3 version. It seems stable enough as well. Also couldn't resist putting on the Leon costume for dat ToD music <3. (also tried out Yuri's costume for the ToV music :D )

Camera is of course my main issue, especially in 2 player since the camera forces on the enemies than the characters. But we deal with it.

edit: Alisha looks better in Cheria's outfit than Cheria does. <3

If you only get skill things learned by leveling with stuff equipped does that mean you can screw yourself out of things by leveling up with the wrong/old stuff equipped?

I don't think I've ever meaningfully played a Tales game above the lowest difficulty, and I can't rightly imagine why I would. There's no shame there.

I finally got a delivery estimate from Amazon, and now it's listed to arrive on Thursday.

I guess I'll have two more days for rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist.

Top Bottom