• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

kewlmyc

The key from VIP Corner can be redeemed on your steam account without issues. I did and Im on US.
a5e2c19c06.png

You have to sign up on VIP corner to get the code?

twisteh

Any mentions of when the costumes DLC will be out? Had a look on the PS4 Store last night but couldn't see anything.

Mendrox

That's an exaggeration. The PS3 version is fine and more than serviceable. It just has some framerate jank when there's a lot going on at once (as in, an exceptional amount) and could have benefited from the higher resolution and AA found in the PS4/PC version. It's far from horrible, just technically inferior.

Edit: (I guess I should mention I'm referring to the Japanese PS3 version, didn't consider it but I guess it's possible something got messed up in the localization. That or I just have lower standards.)

You probably do. This game wasn't really given the biggest budget and they went with a disappointing visual direction.

Fun fact: I am referring to the japanese PS3 version too ;) I played through that one and it was a pain in the ass sometimes with the framedrops. I played through it, but it was horrible compared to the way better PS4 version now. The missing AA and subpar resolution are cancer for your eyes and I mentioned this in the import OT back then too :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You have to sign up on VIP corner to get the code?

Yeah you need to use an email so they can send you the email with your code.

BTW after you pick the DLC and write your email on a second box and send it and then the screen will show the same without the second box and you order there to receive the email since some people got confused by that.

Fun fact: I am referring to the japanese PS3 version too ;) I played through that one and it was a pain in the ass sometimes with the framedrops. I played through it, but it was horrible compared to the way better PS4 version now. The missing AA and subpar resolution are cancer for your eyes and I mentioned this in the import OT back then too :)

Hah, guess I've just got some low standards then. Can't say I minded it too much, but I've stopped expecting much in the way of technical excellence from the series, especially with how much they tried to change up with Zestiria.

Mendrox

Hah, guess I've just got some low standards then. Can't say I minded it too much, but I've stopped expecting much in the way of technical excellence from the series, especially with how much they tried to change up with Zestiria.

Well friend and me played through it in coop and also recorded everything and he analyzed the framerate which had drops to 11 - 19 FPS for a few seconds in some battles. Guess dangerous battles (with more enemies) require more power. But really... it has the worst looking missing AA for any game these last years. It is really horrible (sadly). Now with the improved resolution and AA it is really looking nice (the character models in this case are way more stunning)

Medicated

Neo Member
Do PS4 users need to sign up on the VIP corner to get Alisha's Story DLC, or is that a steam key only kind of thing?

I pre-ordered it digitally from the PS Store and I have Alisha's Story in my download queue atm. Didn't have to do anything special

Edit: Should mention I am in the US

Mendrox

So how many non-DLC costumes can you get from the game?

Every character gets at least a recolored costume.

For character spoilers and their costumes:

• Sorey cape off

Early game character:

Rose ninja assassin
Rose Alisha
Rose Alisha alt

Late game character:

Zavied Dezel hat
Zavied Dezel
Zavied Dezel alt

That's it... so almost nothing at all sadly.

Basoes

I pre-ordered it digitally from the PS Store and I have Alisha's Story in my download queue atm. Didn't have to do anything special

Edit: Should mention I am in the US

Also from the US and already have everything installed since yesterday

I'm looking at the VIP corner now and I see the dlc in it for free so it seems like you do need to go there for EU

So I know about the equipment skill stuff, but what customization/upgrading/leveling up is there outside of that? Is there any type of sphere grid style thing like the previous few games? Is it just flat out leveling up and getting higher stats from that? Anything else?

wondering if anyone had anything on this?

Impulsor

the monoliths don't help, because they also repeat a lot of info. It isn't as complicated as they make it seem though. The elemental system is like in previous Tales, though you have to add artes as an extra element. Artes count as "physical" element and some monsters are weak to physical.

Then there's Armatization, that's basicly combining two characters, ending up with the sum of their BG, and being able to unleash an awesome R2 attack after a three hit combo, which is the max combo you can attain with an armatization.

then you have the X button artes, you should read descriptions for those, and the mystic artes that require you to have at least 3 BG and you must press r2+o while in a combo.

The equipment skills
then of course, behind all that is the equipment skill table.

You can do an elemental combo, that consists of at least two icons next to each other in the same row, horizontally,to activate a skill.

you can do a same skill combo, that consists of activating two skills that are identical, even if not next to each other.

You can do a Union combo, it's a vertical combo, consisting of a full column of icons. That adds a bunch of bonuses, including a nice stat boost.

Just so you know, the equipment table is set on fire, every "rune" has a fixed skill and value, and the only thing that varies is what "runes" each item activates, then of course, playing around with equipment combinations you can activate all these bonuses I mentioned and even stack them up with the skills items have in each of their 4 slots, that are completely independent from this table.

The fusing system uses a 4 slot system for each equipment piece.

so for example and for the sake of being a bit more clear:

sword 1:
attack up
defense up
hp up
blank slot
+
sword 2:
blank
defense up
mp up
speed up
=
sword 3
attack up
defense up
NEW SKILL
speed up

the fusion system keeps the skills that can occupy a blank slot or that are in the same slot but are of the same type. So if the same slot in both swords has defense up, you will have a new sword with defense up (do not remeber if it stacks though).

If there is a blank in any of the two and a skill on the other, you wil keep that skill, occupying the blank slot.

If there are two different skils inthe same slot, you will have a new skill as a result.

If both have a blank, you will keep the blank.

Dunno if I'm missing something, If I am, please let me know.

In response to your question, kinda. The equipment table is 5 rows of , Idk, ten columns? These are the only improvement systems outside of flat out leveling up.

Ssoit's fusion, equipment skills and artes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

English PS3 version here, so far not a single frame drop THAT bad, yes the missing AA is an eye-sore at times, especially during brighter environments, but the performance seems to be tightened up from what most of the JP PS3 impressions are.

It's a solid 30 in towns and scenes, and only dips in battles during heavy effect attacks.

Mendrox

You level up equipment which has stats attached to it. These stats can be found on a grid containing 10x5 different stats.

You get bonuses according to the grids that you filled out e.g.

X
X
X
X
X

are filled? The character gets +10 to every stat.

XX is filled? Other stats are filled according to the grid

x
x

is filled? Other stats are filled.

So how do you get stronger? Amass equipment (with the same name) level it up and fuse it together with other equipment of the same name. Skills and grid filling will change and you will get stronger (well if you haven't destroyed a filled list of grids like example 1).

Level up does almost nothing (unlocks skills and a few stat bonuses)

English PS3 version here, so far not a single frame drop THAT bad, yes the missing AA is an eye-sore at times, especially during brighter environments, but the performance seems to be tightened up from what most of the JP PS3 impressions are.

It's a solid 30 in towns and scenes, and only dips in battles during heavy effect attacks.

That's strange, because a friend of mine got his copy today and he already complains about the drops... Will check this out later. He even has a new modell PS3 and I have the oldest one (fat 60gb). Game still looks horrible with the missing AA.

kewlmyc

Every character gets at least a recolored costume.

For character spoilers and their costumes:

• Sorey cape off

Early game character:

Rose ninja assassin
Rose Alisha
Rose Alisha alt

Late game character:

Zavied Dezel hat
Zavied Dezel
Zavied Dezel alt

That's it... so almost nothing at all sadly.

That's even less that Xillia. Dammit, Bamco, get it together.

Rocky

Banned
Did anyone who ordered through the Bandai Namco store have their order ship yet? I ordered the PS4 CE and haven't gotten any notification yet. And the order status is not yet shipped. Also is the DLC free for NA? I'd like to get that stuff especially the Alisha DLC.

I miss the days of earning them in game from quests. I really don't want to be spending $20+ to get every costume.

Do you have to buy the swimsuits too? Or can you still get those outfits ingame?

Mendrox

Did anyone who ordered through the Bandai Namco store have their order ship yet? I ordered the PS4 CE and haven't gotten any notification yet. And the order status is not yet shipped. Also is the DLC free for NA? I'd like to get that stuff especially the Alisha DLC.

Do you have to buy the swimsuits too? Or can you still get those outfits ingame?

Yes everything has to be bought. There are no cool unlockables costumes. Just boring recolours or story related costumes.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a chance to get the God Eater DLC Arenas? They were perfect for level grinding :-/

Kasumin

Guys what do you all think of the way the game gives you side quests ?

I sort of like and dislike it at the same time, at one point i'm in a stage of the game where suddenly after a story quest when i spoke to my companion character, there's like 4 pages of new 'quests' or 'updates' you can say .. for both the main story and side stuff.

it's bad because there's no separate menu page where they are all listed neatly, but it's also good because it's a bit more immersive that you get the information in-game and the character also tells you either exactly what you need to do or gives you hints on how you can complete the goal.

I don't really see how taking out the sub event menu, which worked great in Xillia and Xillia 2 (especially after the mess that Vesperia's sub event design was). I guess it may seem immersive to some, but for me it's just frustrating. Xillia 1 had skits to nudge you toward sidequests as well, which felt realistic enough to me.

Then again, I've had people tell me that charging a fixed amount for quick travel is more immersive. I'm not really sure I understand the concept of "immersion" in these cases.

hutna

I think its for everyone that buys a new copy for a set time. Preorder or no.

Cool, wife and I want to finish Secret of Mana 3 before playing this, but we want that free DLC. Will probably buy and wait to play it then as much as I don't like doing that.

Mendrox

Just how many costumes are to buy? School/Swimsuits/evangelion anime/Idol master. Anymore?

School set
Swimsuit set
Aoi no Excorcist [Blue Exorcist] (dunno if these will release))
Evangelion (confirmed)
Idol Master (confirmed?)
Legacy Costumes (with preorder)

That's it I think... not that much.

Also missing:

Sengoku Basara attachments
God Eater Arena DLC

Cornbread78

School set
Swimsuit set
Evangelion (confirmed)
Idol Master (confirmed?)

Also missing:

God Eater Arena DLC

Prety much, from the Import thread:

Downloadable Content
Evangelion - January 22, 463 Yen per character (Lailah, Alisha, Sorey, Rose, Edna)
Idol M@ster - January 22, 278 Yen per character (Rose, Alisha, Lailah, Edna)
School Collection - January 29, 278 Yen per character (Sorey, Alisha, Mikleo, Edna, Lailah, Dezel, Rose, Zaveid)
Blue Exorcist - January 29, 463 Yen per character (Sorey, Mikelo, Edna, Lailah)
Sengoku Basara 4 Attachments - January 29, 185 Yen each (total of six)
Tales Collection - February 5, 278 Yen per character (Sorey, Alisha, Mikleo, Edna, Lailah, Dezel, Rose, Zaveid)
Swimsuits - January 29, 278 Yen per character (Sorey, Alisha, Mikleo, Edna, Lailah, Dezel, Rose, Zaveid)

Not sure it it is all coming over to NA/EU though. There have been very few announcements/clarification on anything....

Rocky

Banned
Yes everything has to be bought. There are no cool unlockables costumes. Just boring recolours or story related costumes.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a chance to get the God Eater DLC Arenas? They were perfect for level grinding :-/

Aw man, part of the fun of those outfits is doing the quest and getting the scene to unlock them. Do you just get them if you buy them, or is there still a scene or something involved?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
School set
Swimsuit set
Evangelion (confirmed)
Idol Master (confirmed?)

Also missing:

God Eater Arena DLC
I think Aoi no Exorcist wasn't shown and Idol Master I think it was confirmed too.

Vaettir

School set
Swimsuit set
Evangelion (confirmed)
Idol Master (confirmed?)

Also missing:

God Eater Arena DLC

I'm hoping some of these assets are still in the game (like the previous games). Maybe a hack will come along for the PC version and enable some of them if we aren't able to get them. Pretty bummed the chances of us getting the God Eater 2 DLC costumes is slim to none.

Mendrox

Aw man, part of the fun of those outfits is doing the quest and getting the scene to unlock them. Do you just get them if you buy them, or is there still a scene or something involved?

Nope no scene nothing. In the japanese release the music changes according to the costumes worn like in Xillia 1+2. Idol Master battle music is different than the one from God Eater for example.

Yeah I am quiet upset too... not even modell changes are in this game (so some people could change their waifu Alisha with Rose like in Xillia 2)

Arkeus

Steam version also gives this for free:

You get Sorey in Tales of Vesperia Yuri’s outfit, Mikleo in Tales of Destiny Leon’s outfit, Dezel in Tales of the Abyss Luke’s outfit and Zaveid in Tales of Symphonia Zelos’ outfit.

You get Alisha in Tales of Graces f Cheria’s outfit, Lailah in Tales of Phantasia Mint’s outfit, Edna in Tales of Xillia Elize’s outfit and Rose in Tales of Xillia 2 Milla’s outfit.

Top Bottom