• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Mendrox

Steam version also gives this for free:

You get Sorey in Tales of Vesperia Yuri’s outfit, Mikleo in Tales of Destiny Leon’s outfit, Dezel in Tales of the Abyss Luke’s outfit and Zaveid in Tales of Symphonia Zelos’ outfit.

You get Alisha in Tales of Graces f Cheria’s outfit, Lailah in Tales of Phantasia Mint’s outfit, Edna in Tales of Xillia Elize’s outfit and Rose in Tales of Xillia 2 Milla’s outfit.

Just realizing how spoilery that stuff is lol... These legacy costumes are included with the collectors edition on console.

Stuart444

The Milla costume also works with Alisha :)

But the Cheria one looks so good on Alisha.
Makes me sad that she won't be there the whole game :(

Did anyone who ordered through the Bandai Namco store have their order ship yet? I ordered the PS4 CE and haven't gotten any notification yet. And the order status is not yet shipped. Also is the DLC free for NA? I'd like to get that stuff especially the Alisha DLC.

Do you have to buy the swimsuits too? Or can you still get those outfits ingame?
Ditto, mine says estimated arrival is 22ND :(

IzzyF3

Can anybody shine some light on the story? Some reviewers say it's bad... others good. It's subjective, but I haven't seen reviews discuss story in such a contrasting manner.

The key from VIP Corner can be redeemed on your steam account without issues. I did and Im on US.
a5e2c19c06.png

What the shit is a VIP corner? Is that through steam or bamco, I may have glanced over it in the OT, point me thereif needed.

kewlmyc

Steam version also gives this for free:

You get Sorey in Tales of Vesperia Yuri’s outfit, Mikleo in Tales of Destiny Leon’s outfit, Dezel in Tales of the Abyss Luke’s outfit and Zaveid in Tales of Symphonia Zelos’ outfit.

You get Alisha in Tales of Graces f Cheria’s outfit, Lailah in Tales of Phantasia Mint’s outfit, Edna in Tales of Xillia Elize’s outfit and Rose in Tales of Xillia 2 Milla’s outfit.

Knock it off, Bamco. We get it, they're the most popular characters.

Luckily, most male characters look decent in Yuri's outfit. Wish I could say the same for Leon.

Stuart444

Knock it off, Bamco. We get it, they're the most popular characters.

Luckily, most male characters look decent in Yuri's outfit. Wish I could say the same for Leon.

Mikleo looks cool in Leons :(. Plus dat ToD music <3

Also loved hearing the Vespy music in ToZ battles lol.

robotnik

This system to obtain DLC is so fucked up.
I bought game from amazon.de and got the code to redeem. After that I went to VIP corner and got 2 more codes. My country states UK there and I dunno if it affects code's region.
Should I create german account and activate all codes there? Or these codes are multi european? What happens if I'll try to activate code on incorrect store?

RPGCrazied

My tracking says early delivery on Wednesday. Way cool, I got the 3-5 day shipping too.

Now I just hope its not damaged.

Stuart444

how have I not heard about this site

So much free stuff

Well it's an EU site so I don't imagine many non-EU people would be sharing it unless it's Steam related :)

This system to obtain DLC is so fucked up.
I bought game from amazon.de and got the code to redeem. After that I went to VIP corner and got 2 more codes. My country states UK there and I dunno if it affects code's region.
Should I create german account and activate all codes there? Or these codes are multi european? What happens if I'll try to activate code on incorrect store?

The codes should work. EU codes are EU regardless of region. There would only be an issue if the DLC wasn't on your store at all. (at least that's how I think it should work).

Worst happens, it says the code is incorrect.

edit: Even if the game is from Germany, it's basically the same as UK copies but with a German packaging I think?

Angel_DvA

I loved Xilia and it was my first Tales of game, I was really disappointed about Xilia 2, how is this one, does it follow the same story or it's like a FF style with new settings/characters ? Is the game good or meh ?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I loved Xilia and it was my first Tales of game, I was really disappointed about Xilia 2, how is this one, does it follow the same story or it's like a FF style with new settings/characters ? Is the game good or meh ?

Different world, different cast. Better than Xillia 2.

Stuart444

Unless it's a direct Sequel (Xillia 2, Symphonia: DotnW), then it's like FF. New settings and characters.

apd_ng

Hey guys only 5 hours left till steam version unlocks here in Aus!!!!!!!!

makes it 9am for me... guess im staying up

Stuart444

ok that's sound logic, I suppose they are some series stuff like Chocobos, slime, Mog, Cid etc... etc... ?

Main staples are items (Apple/Orange gels) and Artes (Demon Fang, Sword Rain: Alpha, etc) though not all games have each of them but there are many staples.

Also titles, they work differently in different games (ie in Symphonia, they give bonus stats on level up depending on what title you are using) but they have been a staple of the series for a while.

Angel_DvA

Main staples are items (Apple/Orange gels) and Artes (Demon Fang, Sword Rain: Alpha, etc) though not all games have each of them but there are many staples.

Also titles, they work differently in different games (ie in Symphonia, they give bonus stats on level up depending on what title you are using) but they have been a staple of the series for a while.

So I won't be lost in the universe, thanks for your time ; )

alekth

Got a code for the Alisha DLC for Steam, and I'm getting a duplicate code error. Hopefully Namco will look into this soon enough, wrote to support.

This DLC is meant to be played after the game, right?

robotnik

The codes should work. EU codes are EU regardless of region. There would only be an issue if the DLC wasn't on your store at all. (at least that's how I think it should work).

Worst happens, it says the code is incorrect.

edit: Even if the game is from Germany, it's basically the same as UK copies but with a German packaging I think?
Thanks, activated all of them on my main account. PS4 theme is pretty good.

KimChi

Sadly won't be able to play when the game comes out in US. Is the blu-ray included with the collectors edition okay to watch before playing the game or does it spoil stuff for the story?

Kasumin

i heard it's more "Can't Really Miss Anything". which make very happy. Xillia 1 make me angry a couple of time because of all these obscure side quest...

Played Xillia 1 without a guide for most of the game. Took advantage of quick travel to do a quick run through of a town or two between story elements and paid attention to skits that hinted at sidequests. Only started using one mid chapter 3-ish and got the trophy for sub events first playthrough.

If we're talking bad sub event design in Tales games, Abyss and especially Vesperia take the cake. Vesperia especially. Ask anyone who got 100% in Vesperia or tried to and mention "Brionac" and watch the person's reaction.

Stuart444

Sadly won't be able to play when the game comes out in US. Is the blu-ray included with the collectors edition okay to watch before playing the game or does it spoil stuff for the story?

It's literally the first hour or something of the game in anime form.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played Xillia 1 without a guide for most of the game. Took advantage of quick travel to do a quick run through of a town or two between story elements and paid attention to skits that hinted at sidequests. Only started using one mid chapter 3-ish and got the trophy for sub events first playthrough.

If we're talking bad sub event design in Tales games, Abyss and especially Vesperia take the cake. Vesperia especially. Ask anyone who got 100% in Vesperia or tried to and mention "Brionac" and watch the person's reaction.

Jesus christ, I love Vesperia to death but that shit took 300+ hours to 100% because I kept missing one little side quest, one time mob, or a certain trigger for all the achievements. I'm glad they moved away from that shit. I didn't mind replaying the game at the time since I had all the free time in the world but as adult, hell no.

Zhao_Yun

Amazon.de just sent me the code for the pre-order costumes. I redeemed it on PSN and installed it but I can't find the costumes in the game ;( Am I missing something?

Amazon.de just sent me the code for the pre-order costumes. I redeemed it on PSN and installed it but I can't find the costumes in the game ;( Am I missing something?

If it's like the previous Tales games, you need to go to your inventory and in your special items there should be a DLC item to use that unlocks the costumes.

God, Abyss and Vesperia were ridiculous with Abyss locking a solid amount of sidequests until NG+ (and still barely hinting at them) and Vesperia being vague as all get out about stuff. Love both games to death and I've got fond memories of doing all of that in them, but it wasn't without some frustration.

The only especially irritating Xillia one to me was
the plotline with Jude and his dad having a small timeframe to activate, with the game very very vaguely hinting at hit starting
. In general they've gotten a lot better about making sidequests more apparent. I sort of miss the vagueness and feeling of exploration that came from the Vesperia and earlier ones (Xillia at times felt like I was just checking things off a box), but lord did it get frustrating if you were trying to see everything.

Anyways, just to echo others, Zestiria is very much just like Xillia in this regard. If you interact with everyone/thing you come across, you're pretty much good. Only thing I would consider "missable" are the bonuses you get by checking out the tutorial rock things, and even then that's only if you ignore them. They're all in fairly obvious places.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
man, if you don't follow a guide to the T, you'll miss out 80% of vesperia's side quests or events .. at least it doesn't feel like that in this game so far.

Zafir

Urgh. Just bringing that up makes me annoyed that I managed to miss one small step ONE SMALL STEP and it screwed the entire thing. -,-

Thankfully Xillia was indeed much better. They even added in a few "almost skits" to remind you to go see people. It's still possible to miss stuff, but it's no where near as aggravating as Vesperia, or Abyss.

Top Bottom