• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Whizkid7

God, Abyss and Vesperia were ridiculous with Abyss locking a solid amount of sidequests until NG+ (and still barely hinting at them) and Vesperia being vague as all get out about stuff. Love both games to death and I've got fond memories of doing all of that in them, but it wasn't without some frustration.

The only especially irritating Xillia one to me was
the plotline with Jude and his dad having a small timeframe to activate, with the game very very vaguely hinting at hit starting
. In general they've gotten a lot better about making sidequests more apparent. I sort of miss the vagueness and feeling of exploration that came from the Vesperia and earlier ones (Xillia at times felt like I was just checking things off a box), but lord did it get frustrating if you were trying to see everything.

While I certainly don't mind them making it easier, I always used to joke that you weren't playing a Tales game unless you were backtracking across the entire map with a guide every time a cutscene happened. I do sort of miss that feeling, though. The new ones basically telling me where almost everything is kills the exploration a bit for me. Not enough to stop playing the games though!

bigkrev

So, I went to google who Mikleo's english VA is (because it's not in the OP), but Google has it's own ideas, apparently
CRs00zsUsAAy2Qd.png

can't wait till tommorrow!
Why does this have to come out on Life is Strange day?!?

demidar

So, I went to google who Mikleo's english VA is (because it's not in the OP), but Google has it's own ideas, apparently
CRs00zsUsAAy2Qd.png

can't wait till tommorrow!
Why does this have to come out on Life is Strange day?!?

I'm not surprised in the least.

Falk

that puzzling face
This game will unlock in approximately 4 hours

Says that on my Steam. Maybe it's whenever it's midnight in your region? Or for everyone in 4 hours, I don't know.

Right, I got a little confused since everything said 20th and then it says 19th Oct on Steam. Thanks!

I'm... going to be platinuming a tales game for the second time for the first time ever falk what are you doing.

oh hey, Gamestop just shipped my CE, will be here by 2 pm tomorrow. I paid for 3 day shipping, glad to see its still same day.

Meanwhile at amazon they still dont have a clue about a thing

Zafir

My Amazon DE CE still ain't shipped. They sent me the pre-order DLC though. Fat lot of good that's doing at the moment!

Skulldead

oh hey, Gamestop just shipped my CE, will be here by 2 pm tomorrow. I paid for 3 day shipping, glad to see its still same day.

Meanwhile at amazon they still dont have a clue about a thing

Gamestop still haven't ship mine.... i'm starting to think that they will cancel my CE soon. I'm sure they overpreorder it and international will be the last to get it...

30 hours? That's disappointing. Probably the shortest Tales game I've ever played if that is true.

If it makes you feel better I spent 129 hours 55 minutes on the Japanese version before i was satisfied. This means getting the platinum and get as much as possible :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't mind a shorter game length at all. Most Tales games have obvious padding and can wear out their welcome pretty quickly.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't mind a shorter game length at all. Most Tales games have obvious padding and can wear out their welcome pretty quickly.
Yeah, a shorter game with potentially less frustrating quests is definitely a plus for me.

I'll most likely shoot for 100% too since it seems to not be filled with missable content.

Faenix1

Well, shit. Just realized my PS+ is going to expire next month.

Now I have to choose to go PS+less for a month (December) or get Tales of Z. (Moneys all tapped out till Jan 5th, not gonna cancel Fallout 4 lol)

Those that are playing ToZ more now, worth keeping the preorder?

SephLuis

Well, shit. Just realized my PS+ is about to expire.

Now I have to choose to go PS+less for a month (December) or get Tales of Z. (Moneys all tapped out till Jan 5th, not gonna cancel Fallout 4 lol)

Do you see yourself using that much of PS+ in a month ?

Cornbread78

Well, shit. Just realized my PS+ is going to expire next month.

Just buy the game, lol.

After playing the Witcher 3 and the Heart of Stone DLC extensively, I'm all for a shorter length. I can't wait for Zestiria tomorrow :D

Stuart444

After playing the Witcher 3 and the Heart of Stone DLC extensively, I'm all for a shorter length. I can't wait for Zestiria tomorrow :D

That + Fallout 4 will find a lot of playtime with me in the near future once I finish my JRPG marathons. (almost got the Plat of ToS, just one more playthrough left and then of course Zesty).

I don't mind the length though, it helps me when I need something to distract from all my other real life stuff that's going on. I don't know how I'd have dealt with this month without something to keep my mind off things :).

Also for a more on topic question: Anyone going to start up Zesty PC just to check it out (ie without playing it seriously/going too far)? I do this with almost any PC game I pre-order. And sometimes I end up not going back to it for months XD.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Got my last-minute pre-order of the Steam version in. Didn't realize it unlocked on European time, wouldn't have cut it this close if I'd known. Oh well, I made it in time.

Falk

that puzzling face
THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS UPON US GENTLEMEN

The answer to the years-old question

How well would a Tales game run on PC?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Was it confirmed who was in charge of the port? The Dark Souls one was a disaster, but what I played of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on PC was good. I heard that DB Xenoverse got a decent port too.

Also, Bamco's Community Manager was fairly active on the Zestiria discussion page on Steam, although I don't know how common that is for the company.

There's already a bug in the PC version where key binding needs you to restart the game to be applied :O
Considering how they are on top of that bug before the game's release, that's actually a good sign!

Top Bottom