• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Stuart444

Was it confirmed who was in charge of the port? The Dark Souls one was a disaster, but what I played of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on PC was good. I heard that DB Xenoverse got a decent port too.!

People have been saying it's the guys who did Xenoverse who did the port.

Was it confirmed who was in charge of the port? The Dark Souls one was a disaster, but what I played of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on PC was good. I heard that DB Xenoverse got a decent port too.

The Bamco Community Manager was fairly active on the Zestiria discussion page on Steam too, although I don't know how common that is for the company.

Considering how they are on top of that bug before the game's release, that's actually a good sign!
I don't think there was any confirmation. But I think other than some weirdness when going over 60fps, Xenoverse PC was actually the best version. Which could be good news since it's the same guys porting Zesty?

As far as Zestiria, I mean, the game didn't crap out or slow down or anything during the stream, that gives me some hope.

What time does the game come out?
Looks like 4pm PST

sora87

Tales of games always have such rubbish trophy lists imo. I'd love to just play through the game and get around 40% so it reflects the amount of time I actually spent playing the game.

Corpekata

Banned
Steam version has the Mystic Arts listed under DLC by default, for those curious about having to use the VIP thing. Skits too.

Granjinha

Pre-loading. Can't wait to try it out.

I sure as hell didn't expect a Tales Of game on PC two years ago. How things change lol

Rpgmonkey

Interesting in reading impressions of the PC version since that's probably the version of the game I'm going to buy at some point.

I don't mind a shorter game length at all. Most Tales games have obvious padding and can wear out their welcome pretty quickly.

And at 30-40 hours Zestiria is actually closer to how long most Tales games are on average. It's mainly the Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia trio that are so littered with random detours and backtracking that they go on for 50+ hours, with maybe Graces as another one that's a little longer than average.

Is there a way to get the Alisha side episode for free on PS4 in the US like in EU? Or no....?

If I recall correctly it should be free on PSN until early-mid November.

And at 30-40 hours Zestiria is actually closer to how long most Tales games are on average. It's mainly the Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia trio that are so littered with random detours and backtracking that they go on for 50+ hours, with maybe Graces as another one that's a little longer than average.

I remember Graces being shorter than Xillia without counting the future arc.

Is it incredibly slow for you too?
It jumped to about an hour remaining then now it's sitting at 15 minutes. So I dunno. The time remaining on Steam unpacks has always been a load of shit. Looks like it'll be taking less than 10 minutes though as it jumped down as I'm typing this.

Also I'm in the US, but it should have been a global unlock.

The Mystic Arts DLC (and free skits) comes packed into the Steam release, at least for pre-orders so that's why there wasn't a separate VIP corner code for it like with the PS3/PS4.

Suzzopher

Had to buy this on PSN in the end as it worked out cheaper to get the download than buy a PS4 disc. Loving it so far though, really lovely soundtrack too.

Renmyra

Oh, you can't actually switch the language mid game? Is the English VA good?

Edit: Seems fine. Game runs well, too.

Sandfox

Well it looks like the swimsuit DLC is only $8 for every costume. That is a much better deal than what we've gotten in the past I'll probably pick up one of the other packs as soon as they go up.

Vamphuntr

The game does not automatically detect the controller, off to a great start.

Welp, crashes when asking me to select a language. Wonderful.

I'm now less excited for the download to finish.

Well it looks like the swimsuit DLC is only $8 for every costume. That is a much better deal than what we've gotten in the past I'll probably pick up one of the other packs as soon as they go up.

8$ for school uniforms costume is a good deal?

Vamphuntr

You can also buy the 20$ DLC to cheat in the game

Double Experience
Double Gald
Double Grade
Double Normin
Double Herbs of Goodness
Item Expansion
Katz Trio
Level Up +5
Level Up +10
Max HP +1000
Red Bean Pancakes
Red Herbs of Happiness
Rice Crackers
Skewered Rice Dumplings
Speed Arte Mastering
Strawberry Rice Cakes
Super Star Trier
Sweet Bean Jellys

Do the story and characters get any better in this? I'm up to the Galahad ruins and so far this has been the weakest cast of any Tales game by far. They lack personality and there's none of the humour or charm in the skits like Graces, Abyss, Vesperia even Xillia. Please tell me it gets better. I know the titles I mentioned cop alot of flack from a vocal group of detractors but at least the characters weren't bland like Zestiria is so far.

Miff

Wow, that DLC is more than twice as expensive than I imagined. Won't be touching that.

edit: and it was $3-4 per character before? I must be really behind the times...

Top Bottom