• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Celcius

°Temp. member
I cannot get my DS4 analogs to work at all. Any help on how to fix this? I would've liked to actually play a bit before bed.

Have you tried the latest version of DS4Windows? (I don't have the game but do use a dualshock 4 on my pc so just suggesting it)
What OS are you using?

sgs2008

I cannot get my DS4 analogs to work at all. Any help on how to fix this? I would've liked to actually play a bit before bed.

Are you using inputmapper ? mine are working fine. The game detects the controller without inputmapper but a few of my buttons werent working, no issues with input mapper on.

Kensuke

I want to get the platinum on my first playthrough, but Intense is really punishing. As a level 22 I was fighting level 48 monsters and getting almost no XP. Thank god for for armitization, I guess.

Stuart444

Ok so the main issue I saw with using 4/8k is that the mouse doesn't seem to work when trying to click things so to switch the controls to gamepad, I had to use the KB to do so. (not too difficult).

Besides that, runs great at 4k :D First time running a PC game at 4k as well

Falk

that puzzling face
Aside from some shenanigans (you need to restart to 'save' options like vsync, keyboard mapping, etc) it seems pretty solid, and doesn't tax resources.

edit: over here at least. Suddenly DLC menu crashing on this page.

Hikami

Wow. Actually managed to downsample from 4k to 1080p and keep the 30fps. Only been able to do that with like one other game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It detects when Tales of Zestiria.exe starts running on your system.

I had that problem with Avira.

I looked online for a solution to what Steam said and they said to delete the appcache
I believe it was just from Avira taking away the .exe

Then I used my Steam controller and it's sorta rough with the camera. It works and I put the sensitivity higher because it felt like it was just dragging along.

The camera angle
fighting spiders was terrible at times.
I literally had to just guess at it, even though it's early on in the game it's not like I'm going to be losing this early on.

kewlmyc

i7-3770
GTX 680 4GB
16GB Ram

This game runs like a dream. Shame about 30fps, but I don't mind all that much.

The camera's a nightmare in the dungeons though. Especially in a doorway. I appreciate them trying new things though.

I guess I worded that terribly, I meant story and gameplay wise lol.

Then you're probably asking the wrong guys.
I mean, PC gamers have just barely played the game for a few hours. While in the other hand, lots of console folks have already beaten the game by now and I think they'll be able to give you more complete impressions on story and gameplay.

LegatoB

I guess I worded that terribly, I meant story and gameplay wise lol.
The camera is every bit as bad as they say.

I can't comment on the gameplay because I'm still very early in the game, which means half the systems haven't unlocked for me and combat consists of trying to mash enough to keep the AI from slaughtering my partner, since we don't have access to the shops to buy healing items yet. But so far the characters seem generally level-headed and sensible, which is hardly a sure thing in Tales. The hero seems kind of naive but not, like, painful dumb anime teenager naive.

How is the PC version running? I am DLing, prolly won't be able to play till tomorrow.

Running great maxed out with DSR to 4k.

i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz
GTX 770 (2GB)
16GB RAM

I've gotten some really slight stuttering but I think that's due more to my old, gradually dying HDD. The game runs great and the visual enhancements they've done make it look great as well. Zestiria was a big step in the right direction visually after Xillia when it comes to model animations and use of color and this port really highlights that. Only issue I have is that the AO effect is a bit shit and some HUD stuff is a bit big (that mini-map is huge), but it's all minor complaints. Few crummy textures as well, but that's a bit expected to me.

Crevox

Any chances of SLI? I can run one step down from 8K on my GTX 970, but 8K causes some frame rate drops in some locations. SGSSAA would be a nice alternative.

Also, experiencing weird flickering shadows on character models (faces) and grass. Not sure if it's supposed to be doing that, would be nice if it didn't.

Game looks and runs pretty good besides that.

K.Sabot

I love how I can tell which songs are by Shiina without ever hearing the OST.

Was like "wow this song sounds way better than all the others, must be Shiina".

Quick check and I'm right.

Saikyo

The PT-BR translation is weird, they translated "last prayer" as "last player" lol.

I am having fun, the only problem for now its the camera.

Hugstable

Banned
lol at some of those trophy/achievement descriptions. Good luck to whoever actually attempts something like this, it's gonna be 5+ playthroughs >_>

Does the Adventure items DLC pack contain anything that can't be gotten by playing the game?

Yeah, Katz Trio and Super Star Trier are real DLC adding attachments and enemies to the game if it's the same as the Japanese release. Then there's the level up +5 and +10 you can't get in game normally of course.
The rest is Grade Shop stuff or items you can make

Edit: the store description is lying a bit because it doesn't tell you that you get multiple LVL increase options. Something like 4 +5 and 2 +10. For the +1000 hp, you get two of them too.

lol at some of those trophy/achievement descriptions. Good luck to whoever actually attempts something like this, it's gonna be 5+ playthroughs >_>

Did it in two, you just need to play on hard for some bosses, and to replay the final boss on different difficulties. Everything else is farmable.

Aspiring

Downloading this through Steam right now. I haven't played a Tales game since Vesperia, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Speaking of which, i get my copy tomorrow. How does this conpare to Vesperia anyone? That was my favourite tales game. I loved Graces f and played Xillia but moved house so had to stop playing.

Still blows my mind that this is a thing. At least they can't block capture cards.

Why is it a thing though? Whats there reason?

I'm really liking this so far. Honestly shocked that it's running as well as it is on my laptop, so not much to complain about on that front.

KainXVIII

I tried 4k downsampling with Nvidia DSR, still looks a little blurry, maybe i need to turn off ingame FXAA or use GeDoSaTo..

Persona7

Banned
Speaking of which, i get my copy tomorrow. How does this conpare to Vesperia anyone? That was my favourite tales game. I loved Graces f and played Xillia but moved house so had to stop playing.

I think the reason was "licensing issues".

FSLink

Banned

Cameo DLC costumes I'm assuming. But instead of blocking it when you're wearing them, they just decided to block it all the time lol

Oh and speaking of cameo costumes, thank god the Leon costume for Mikleo doesn't constantly play Irony of Fate. Instead it's one of the Destiny remake battle themes.

Jolkien

Well PSN refuse to take my money. Double checked my payment info they did not change since my last purchase last week. Only tell me an error has occurred, no details. Sigh..

Top Bottom