• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Stuart444

I was getting it right away. Tales threads usually die pretty quickly after release so the best time to play is now. Let's see if my opinion changes. it's been about 9 months.

Ah. Well at the very least, it should be technically better. So that should be a small change I imagine.

Someone said its the prologue from the game, the starting scenes I guess.

I think he means the upcoming anime.

Hmm, trying to play at 2556x1600 through GeDoSaTo seems to force the game to 4:3 with flickering in the margins. It didn't get captured the way it looked on my screen in the screenshot (It's a bit wider than 4:3 here and no flickering) for some reason, but you can notice something's off here.

DSR works fine for me at this resolution though, don't know why.

The issue is probably cause you're downsampling from 16:10 -> 16:9 instead of 16:9 -> 16:9.

Try 2560x1440.

Is the sound just won't work if you're using a headphone on PC? or is there a workaround for that?
My friend is going to pick up the game but he's mainly using a headphone so it's a dealbreaker.

Shepard

Is the sound just won't work if you're using a headphone on PC? or is there a workaround for that?
My friend is going to pick up the game but he's mainly using a headphone so it's a dealbreaker.
? I'm using a headphone connected directly to the PC (via USB), and sound works fine for me.

Haven't played a ton but this might be the quuckest I liked a Tales game since Abyss or Vesperia. Like Sorey, like Mikleo, like the combat and plot.

Fun prologue

I am also eternally amused that the save point noise has literally not changed since Star Ocean

I'm glad this game supports arbitrary resolutions. Once I'm done playing, it'll be time to bullshot up this game to see how pristine the image quality can be.

yami4ct

Was tempted to go PC for the $10 discount, but I think I'll go and grab a PS4 copy tomorrow. This game is too perfect for remote play.

Rnr1224

I have no idea how downsampling works but I'm trying it with this game. downloaded GeDoSaTo and giving it a shot. gonna try going from 4K to 1080p but im having some trouble actually telling if it is working or not in terms of an overlay or changing the in-game graphics settings to 4K. I'm pretty new to all of this so I have no idea what to do haha

edit: got it working! :)

sgs2008

I have no idea how downsampling works but I'm trying it with this game. downloaded GeDoSaTo and giving it a shot. gonna try going from 4K to 1080p but im having some trouble actually telling if it is working or not in terms of an overlay or changing the in-game graphics settings to 4K. I'm pretty new to all of this so I have no idea what to do haha

edit: got it working! :)

is it relatively straight forward to do ?

So I'm getting some pretty horrid stuttering on my 970 no matter what I try. Settings maxed, settings bottomed out, and oddly enough playing the game in Windowed Mode not only doesn't fix the issue but severely cripples the FPS.

Anyone have this issue and run into a fix?

so hows the PC version? anyone try it?

aside from 30fps cap which can't be helped due to limitations of the original, it's a competent/good port. Arbitrary resolution support, good frame pacing, controller support, decent kbm setup if you go that route, and looks really clean.

Momentary

Banned
is it relatively straight forward to do ?

This is what I do. I go to GeDoSaTo folder > Config Folder > White list file > add game exe file name and description > open program > Edit Settings > Change Present width and Height to the resolution you want to downsample to (e.g. 1920x1080).

Start the game and go to the graphics config and now you can choose resolutions all the way up to 8K.

Cornbread78

Go a few pages back, all fixes are listed.

I don't have access now, but can someone message me those links, as well as the DLC "how to" fir the VIP store, so I can add the info to the OP tomorrow, please?

This too:

This is what I do. I go to GeDoSaTo folder > Config Folder > White list file > add game exe file name and description > open program > Edit Settings > Change Present width and Height to the resolution you want to downsample to (e.g. 1920x1080).

Start the game and go to the graphics config and now you can choose resolutions all the way up to 8K.

sgs2008

yep got it working thanks.Makes a noticeable difference and doesnt make much of a performance difference at the moment downsampling from 8k. Haven't gotten into any battles yet though might have to tone it down a bit lol.

Stuart444

I don't have access now, but can someone message me those links, as well as the DLC "how to" fir the VIP store, so I can add the info to the OP tomorrow, please?

This too:

How do you add the game exe file name/description. I opened up the user whitelist from the program and got confused (not tried this before so thought I might as well)

Kensuke

Reading through the thread, I've seen a few complaints about the skill system. I agree, it's a pain in the ass. After spending way too much time trying to allocate certain skills I've learned a very important lesson that I want to share with everyone that is just starting: it's mostly not worth it.

It's easy to be confused or obsess about the skill system. Here is a guide to make the experience as painless as possible:

Step 1: Get that first column
Try to fill up the first column (vertical). It gives you +20 to all stats. That's amazing in the early game. Don't worry about stacking skills or horizontal lines. Just focus on getting that first column on as many characters as possible. Stacks and horizontal lines aren't worth it until you can get a ton of them, which isn't possible in the first half of the game.

Step 2: Learning to let go
At some point, probably once you leave Hyland and go to a different empire, you will have gear that is 3-4 tiers better than your current gear. Equip it all, give no fucks about the skills. It's hard to sacrifice that first column you worked on, but the new gear will easily compensate for it. Believe me, I had the first three columns completely filled up with Edna, but equipping new gear that gave me nothing was still better.

Step 3: Abusing Armitization
Slowly start working on getting the 5th column filled up on your two human characters. Nothing else matters. That column will give you massive boosts to your BG meter. As we all know Armitization is OP. With that column filled up you pretty much will always have it at your disposal. The seraphs can just equip their best gear in terms of stats, don't worry about skills.

This should hold you up for a big chunk of the game.

SheHateMe

Just got an email stating that my CE has shipped.

I'm kinda excited to play this. Story is probably the usual Friendship Is OP, but then again, when is it not?

All right, having a good time so far with this.

Just met Rose on the bridge, and she's asking me if I should sell the knife for 1000 gald.

Should I get the cash, or does this cause any negative effects down the road? Just wanted to know because choices like this always freak me out, lol.

Momentary

Banned
I posted this in another topic:

8K to 1080p downsample. 79% GPU utilization during battle. 30 fps lock on a laptop GPU (980m)

351970_2015-10-19_00005_zpsg2qdw4zb.png~original

Top Bottom